IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 278.
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Interesting! I wasn't planning on upgrading since I didn't see much value in the notes. If start-up time is improved that would be a good reason to upgrade. I wonder why they would leave that out of the notes

My suspicion is that doing the full install is what sped the boot, not the firmware itself.

I noticed at least one bugfix in the firmware, and the wife swears a few of the callouts seem new also. Worth upgrading IMO.

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

If start-up time is improved that would be a good reason to upgrade. I wonder why they would leave that out of the notes

They maybe didn't know until yesterday when posted and Keefer asked for log dump.

I didn't pay it much attention. My game took a lot longer than normal to boot, and after the 1.31 full install, it's as fast as my other JJP games now.

LTG : )

#3153 4 years ago

My Wonka for sale in NJ.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Beautiful Willy Wonka Standard. Low plays Located on ground level, no stairs, easy move. Delivery can be arranged if you are close for extra $$$.”
2019-11-06
Bound Brook, NJ
7,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 665 times
Contributed to Pinside

#3154 4 years ago

I'm selling mine in Dallas also. This is to upgrade to CE.

#3155 4 years ago

Anyone get there CE yet ? I have one
Coming . Anything that’s a must to do
Before playing this game ?

Thanks

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anything that’s a must to do Before playing this game ?

Take it out of the box.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone get there CE yet ? I have one
Coming . Anything that’s a must to do
Before playing this game ?
Thanks

Check out the mods from the mod couple, mod father and Mezel mods. Some good ones in there.

#3158 4 years ago

Sweet ! Love my mods
Hoping to see a lot for Elvira as well

#3159 4 years ago

So I had been warned that the full install to 1.31 would erase all existing scores, etc (which I backed up beforehand) yet after the install all scores were still there, and even the existing one Super Lock ball was in place (virtual lock - SE). Was the info about backups just a precaution or do full installs usually reset everything?

Of note: there was an option during install to hit both flippers for a factory reset. I ignored this and after a countdown, everything went along as normal.

#3160 4 years ago

New code is nice... added callouts and some new lighting i noticed so far. im

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New code is nice... added callouts and some new lighting i noticed so far. im

Yes, I installed the update last night, played a couple of games and heard a few new call outs. One at the end of the game that cracked me up said something like "Well that wasted away the day". I like that they added some humor in some of the newer call outs in the recent updates. That adds some good polish to the game.

#3162 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LE...Sometimes when I hit the wonkavator shot (with super lock lit) the VUK shoots the ball up into the Wonkavator and instead of locking the ball and playing the wonkavator animation, the ball pauses for a second and then drops back down into the playfield. I hit the shot again and the second time it always sticks. I've checked the optos, nothing loose. The problem happens intermittently, but always locks after it drops once ( if it drops) and I hit the super lock shot again. I am running 1.31 and I've check all relevant settings and tests. Any one else having this issue? I do have backboard LED lighting installed, but I doubt its affected the optos that intermittently.

Thanks!

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with their LE...Sometimes when I hit the wonkavator shot (with super lock lit) the VUK shoots the ball up into the Wonkavator and instead of locking the ball and playing the wonkavator animation, the ball pauses for a second and then drops back down into the playfield. I hit the shot again and the second time it always sticks. I've checked the optos, nothing loose. The problem happens intermittently, but always locks after it drops once ( if it drops) and I hit the super lock shot again. I am running 1.31 and I've check all relevant settings and tests. Any one else having this issue? I do have backboard LED lighting installed, but I doubt its affected the optos that intermittently.
Thanks!

Actually it is possible that the extra lighting is effecting the optos. Maybe turn it off and see if the issue still happens?

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually it is possible that the extra lighting is effecting the optos. Maybe turn it off and see if the issue still happens?

Thanks going to try that tonight

#3165 4 years ago

Thanks!

I've have this problem on occasion. The optos I found aren't super secure and have some play. I think sometimes they may get jared enough from play to not work properly. One time, I hit that shot twice and the ball locked then came back down. Third time it locked. If it gets too bad, I will see what I can do to secure the opto, but lately it's been working fine. Yeah, try the suggestion mentioned with your backboard lighting.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I will see what I can do to secure the opto,

If you need to remove the wonkavator to work on it, it isn't hard. Below the playfield cut one cable tie, a few connectors and a few to the opto driver board, I'd mark them to be sure they go back in the correct spot, if they aren't marked. Then two locknuts below the playfield. Then the whole unit lifts up and out easily.

#3167 4 years ago

Thanks!

Sometimes this happens to me (and saw that it did happen on 1.31) when I just started a factory mode just before making that Wonkavator Super Lock shot. I haven't seen it happen when a factory mode or a multi-ball was not initiated/playing. I just thought it was intended that way for some reason - maybe to keep the mode going without that interruption.

#3168 4 years ago

Does jjp make flyers for their games? Trying to find a wonka standard flyer. Have flyers for all my games except that

#3169 4 years ago

I encounter these ball hang-ups on a LE machine right out of the box.
Did not read all 64 pages so maybe I missed something.
Are these common places for ball traps ?
I can´t shake the ball off from there and need to remove the glass.
Seems there´s a clear plastic "missing" between left ramp and rail.

Willy W Ball hang up (1) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (1) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (2) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (2) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (3) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (3) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (4) (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (4) (resized).jpg
#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Does jjp make flyers for their games? Trying to find a wonka standard flyer. Have flyers for all my games except that

No idea on standard. They had LE's and CE's at Expo. Maybe check with KINGPINGAMES here on Pinside.

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

I can´t shake the ball off from there and need to remove the glass.
Seems there´s a clear plastic "missing" between left ramp and rail.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, you are missing a plastic there. I don't have a part number because, no manual, but it's this:

9C68207C-DDB8-4A97-97C7-28D2787E00AE.jpeg9C68207C-DDB8-4A97-97C7-28D2787E00AE.jpeg
#3172 4 years ago

I'm really enjoying the new call outs and video cuts that are played in 1.31. I just got an extra ball off a special right lane drain that played Charlie finding the money in the sewer; either brand new or I've never triggered that before. Light show also seems different/improved in certain modes. Nice touches!

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea on standard. They had LE's and CE's at Expo. Maybe check with KINGPINGAMES here on Pinside.

Thanks lloyd

#3174 4 years ago

I'm really enjoying the new call outs and video cuts that are played in 1.31. I just got an extra ball off a special right lane drain that played Charlie finding the money in the sewer; either brand new or I've never triggered that before. Light show also seems different/improved in certain modes. Nice touches!

That specific clip isn't new: It is the video that plays when you light and achieve the Special. It IS relatively rare though. I have noticed a lot of new/ rearranged callouts with this update.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

That specific clip isn't new: It is the video that plays when you light and achieve the Special. It IS relatively rare though. I have noticed a lot of new/ rearranged callouts with this update.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of "encouragement" callouts in this version. "Perfect execution" etc.

You's trolling, fake GrandpaJoe, I know I suck!

#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I've noticed a lot of "encouragement" callouts in this version. "Perfect execution" etc.
You's trolling, fake GrandpaJoe, I know I suck!

Same here, downloaded the new code last night, quite a few new things. Game just keeps getting better and better. I like how on a full install, there is no need to back up settings and scores as they all remained. Nice work JJP!

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

You may also want to pick up a mod that protects that area. My LE still gets airballs and my youngest daughter snapped the camera off. Of course she didn't tell me and I saw the Oompa Loompa laying face down with the camera and almost sh!t a brick. Some Gorilla Glue did the trick but I bought a chocolate bar mod here on Pinside that protects the fragile piece and still looks pretty good

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

You may also want to pick up a mod that protects that area. My LE still gets airballs and my youngest daughter snapped the camera off. Of course she didn't tell me and I saw the Oompa Loompa laying face down with the camera and almost sh!t a brick. Some Gorilla Glue did the trick but I bought a chocolate bar mod here on Pinside that protects the fragile piece and still looks pretty good

The clear shield that goes over the right ramp/wireform that JJP can provide solves the ramp air ball issue.

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same here, downloaded the new code last night, quite a few new things. Game just keeps getting better and better. I like how on a full install, there is no need to back up settings and scores as they all remained. Nice work JJP!

Is that the case? I thought for a full install you needed to but the delta updates you didn't. Wasn't so hard doing a backup and restore though.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Is that the case? I thought for a full install you needed to but the delta updates you didn't. Wasn't so hard doing a backup and restore though.

There is an option to do a factory reset while the game is installing the new code by hitting both flipper buttons. Do nothing and everything remains.

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, you are missing a plastic there. I don't have a part number because, no manual, but it's this:[quoted image]

Thanks for your feedback.
Are you talking about the clear plastic which I outlined yellow in the picture ?
This one is in place. The Ball got stucked on top of it.

387a345d248b28a3486c177c685aaacbeaad0f95 (resized).jpeg387a345d248b28a3486c177c685aaacbeaad0f95 (resized).jpeg
#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

Thanks for your feedback.
Are you talking about the clear plastic which I outlined yellow in the picture ?
This one is in place. The Ball got stucked on top of it.[quoted image]

Yep that is the one. So it got stuck on top of that?

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Do you got a picture of this Mod installed in your machine ?

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep that is the one. So it got stuck on top of that?

On top isn´t quite right.
Please take a look at this pic.

Willy W Ball hang up (4) edit (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (4) edit (resized).jpg
#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The clear shield that goes over the right ramp/wireform that JJP can provide solves the ramp air ball issue.

Is it the one I outlined yellow in the picture you are talking about ?
Guess this one is also installed from the factory.

Willy W Ball hang up (3) edit (resized).jpgWilly W Ball hang up (3) edit (resized).jpg
#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from RichterMC:

Is it the one I outlined yellow in the picture you are talking about ?
Guess this one is also installed from the factory.[quoted image]

Yes. What is the source of the air ball then? The gobstopper ramp?

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.
There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:
sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin

I had the same issue with my Mac/Catalina combo, but fortunately my wife had not updated her Mac to Catalina yet so I was able to set up my USB on hers. All went smoothly after that. Hope this gets addressed in the future.

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I had the same issue with my Mac/Catalina combo, but fortunately my wife had not updated her Mac to Catalina yet so I was able to set up my USB on hers. All went smoothly after that. Hope this gets addressed in the future.

The future will be over the internet updates... no need for a mac to get in the way.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes. What is the source of the air ball then? The gobstopper ramp?

Yes, source is the left ramp.
Sorry I didn´t point that out before.

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I bought a chocolate bar mod here on Pinside that protects the fragile piece and still looks pretty good

Do you have a link or store for that? My Oompa is currently dismembered at both the hand and foot and I'm waiting on a new one (thanks for the quick response, Steve!), but when I get it and reinstall, some protection from this happening again would be nice. There's something extra sad about seeing an Oompa Loompa lying face down on the playfield with its limbs broken off.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Do you have a link or store for that? My Oompa is currently dismembered at both the hand and foot and I'm waiting on a new one (thanks for the quick response, Steve!), but when I get it and reinstall, some protection from this happening again would be nice. There's something extra sad about seeing an Oompa Loompa lying face down on the playfield with its limbs broken off.

There is this Chocolate bar mod,

https://www.ulekstore.com/Chocolate_Bars_MOD_for_JJP_s_Willy_Wonka_pinball_p/wwcocobars.htm

#3192 4 years ago

this is the one. the issue is more with bouncing around the left ramp area. Takes all of about 30 sec to install and is pretty sturdy to handle any direct hit

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

the issue is more with bouncing around the left ramp area.

Ah, never thought of that, that makes sense. It could've happened during multiballs, but otherwise I don't ever remember the Oompa taking a direct hit.

#3194 4 years ago

Having trouble with the full install of the latest update on my Mac. Is there an alternate method that doesn't involve Unebootin because it doesn't seem to want to launch on my MacBook.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Having trouble with the full install of the latest update on my Mac. Is there an alternate method that doesn't involve Unebootin because it doesn't seem to want to launch on my MacBook.

I don't have a mac but I use Rufus

https://rufus.ie/

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I don't have a mac but I use Rufus
https://rufus.ie/

Thanks but don't think there's a Mac version for Rufus. I'm wondering if Unebootin isn't compatible with the latest Mac OS...

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

You can run it from terminal using Sudo as a workaround. See my post on this earlier in the thread.

#3198 4 years ago

Since I don’t have my wonka yet, I want to get those cliffys so I’m ready. How many do I need to buy? Cliffy is asking me how many and I’m not sure.

Thanks

#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Since I don’t have my wonka yet, I want to get those cliffys so I’m ready. How many do I need to buy? Cliffy is asking me how many and I’m not sure.
Thanks

Just 2. Install open side down to prevent stuck balls.

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See my post on this earlier in the thread.

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.

There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin

Thank you zaphX !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.