IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,937 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 279.
#3101 4 years ago

So my Wonka LE decided after less than 20 games that the factory didn't tighten the switch for the spinner up properly. This one looks like it will be super fun to gain access to.

20191031_181656 (resized).jpg20191031_181656 (resized).jpg20191031_181639 (resized).jpg20191031_181639 (resized).jpg
#3102 4 years ago

I have the same issue. Fixed it once, they just came loose again. I took the whole right ramp and habitrail assembly off to get to them, and even with that, the rail is in the way. Going to give those screws a dab of blue loctite to hopefully keep it from happening again.

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Audio is working on Youtube, and when you play it from Pinside.
LTG : )

It’s weird after you linked it I had sound. Just tried to finish watching it and back to no sound.

#3104 4 years ago

I have a Wonka SE,is it worth a $150 to install a PL shaker motor?
Does it make much difference?I'm trying to decide between this or
a $150 Wonkavator

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

a $150 Wonkavator

I added a PL shaker to my Wonka SE - I think it's great and wouldn't want to have Wonka without it. Easy thumbs up here.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I added a PL shaker to my Wonka SE - I think it's great and wouldn't want to have Wonka without it. Easy thumbs up here.

Thank you sir! I try to get bang for the buck where I can

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

a $150 Wonkavator

The things the shaker motor does during the Wondrous Boat Ride mode (or whatever it's called in the game), along with the chasing lights, is the best theme integration I've ever seen in a game before. So yes, very yes.

#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

So my Wonka LE decided after less than 20 games that the factory didn't tighten the switch for the spinner up properly. This one looks like it will be super fun to gain access to.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, had the same issue from the factory. Took apart a bunch of stuff to get to it and fix it. Has been fine ever since. Took a good 45 mins tho to do it

#3109 4 years ago

I have finally joined the Club! I ended up going with the LE, fell in love with the CE but budget wasn’t loving it! Very very happy! I absolutely love this pin. I bought it from Chris Meunier from Kingpin Games! Great guy and very friendly and helpful every step of the way.

F609EC2B-85AF-4E27-A6FB-47E03238B555 (resized).jpegF609EC2B-85AF-4E27-A6FB-47E03238B555 (resized).jpeg
#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I have finally joined the Club! I ended up going with the LE, fell in love with the CE but budget wasn’t loving it! Very very happy! I absolutely love this pin. I bought it from Chris Meunier from Kingpin Games! Great guy and very friendly and helpful every step of the way.[quoted image]

Looks right at home next to another Lawlor machine...

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Looks right at home next to another Lawlor machine...

Funny because I actually have 3 PL designs now, starting a PL row

A608A3AA-A3E9-4EFB-B7AF-59332629E1CC (resized).jpegA608A3AA-A3E9-4EFB-B7AF-59332629E1CC (resized).jpeg
#3112 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I have the same issue. Fixed it once, they just came loose again.

Oh no. I was hoping that was a one and done issue. So far mine hasn't come loose again in about three weeks. My Augustus spinner on that switch has also come apart, currently held together with clear packing tape.

#3113 4 years ago

Ive owned most pat l pins and wonka and di are my favorite due to the layouts , code, lighting. The 90s stuff is great but can't compare to pats jjp pins imo. Also ill give a slight edge to wonka over di due to the four flippers, better lightshows and i like the code and theme slightly more.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Yup, had the same issue from the factory. Took apart a bunch of stuff to get to it and fix it. Has been fine ever since. Took a good 45 mins tho to do it

Took apart my Wonka LE tonight, fixed the spinner. Anyone who has this problem, blue thread locker is your friend!

#3115 4 years ago

I noticed there’s no attract music like Woz has. I loved it with Woz would just play through all the play list of music. Wonder why Wonka doesn’t have this feature

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I noticed there’s no attract music like Woz has. I loved it with Woz would just play through all the play list of music. Wonder why Wonka doesn’t have this feature

It does.. it needs turned on in the settings.

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone mess with the backbox monitor color settings? Was playing some di last night and its monitor seems much shaper and vibrant. How and where do u even mess with the settings.... anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone?

#3118 4 years ago

I believe the adjustment pots are on back of monitor,just pivot screen and look on back I believe

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe the adjustment pots are on back of monitor,just pivot screen and look on back I believe

Ok.. ill give it a look. Anyone have some good numbers to set the screen at.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does.. it needs turned on in the settings.

When it’s turned on your machine constantly plays attract music when not in play ? Mind does not, it will only play Pure imagination once every 10 minutes or so

#3121 4 years ago

So I said "What the hell" and turned down a bunch of difficulties. Got the 4th Golden Ticket and was two Kid Super Jackpots away from the fifth. The Most Secret Machine mode was a total blast!

72962672_2879990545364744_3428634158597931008_n (resized).jpg72962672_2879990545364744_3428634158597931008_n (resized).jpg
#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

So I said "What the hell" and turned down a bunch of difficulties. Got the 4th Golden Ticket and was two Kid Super Jackpots away from the fifth. The Most Secret Machine mode was a total blast!

Did you just use the new setting in the menu for easy mode? I'm thinking about doing this to give us a better chance of seeing more game modes. So far after 1200 plays, my family has hit Wonka's Office one time. I'm almost too embarrassed to say that it was my 10 year old who got it and not me

#3123 4 years ago

Got to play this game some more yesterday I have to say by FAR this is JJP’s best game; it’s very fun and shoots great

#3124 4 years ago

Ordering from Ball Baron soon,I was thinking I would use Ninja in my Wonka and carbon balls in Dialed In What say you guys?

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ordering from Ball Baron soon,I was thinking I would use Ninja in my Wonka and carbon balls in Dialed In What say you guys?

If Ninjas are chromed, no on Wonka. Chromed balls are no good with magnets.

#3126 4 years ago

That’s what I was thinking but it seems like that magnets are so much stronger on DI I thought ninjas would work with Wonka

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s what I was thinking but it seems like that magnets are so much stronger on DI I thought ninjas would work with Wonka

My first experience pins with magnets and ninja balls will give you trouble And will stick together in the Vuk kick out to shooter lane. Carbon balls for magnet pins, And ninja balls for non magnet pins.

#3128 4 years ago

Custom Wonka Topper! Made my own topper using a Wonka slot topper I bought off of eBay, I had to retrofit it so it won’t fall on top and hit the glass! I think it came out beautiful and it’s just right for this game. Not too much glare and the brightness is perfect. It changes colors and does all kinds of patterns.

954A94BB-DC60-46B6-8AE2-87FD85EED5A4 (resized).jpeg954A94BB-DC60-46B6-8AE2-87FD85EED5A4 (resized).jpeg95F212A3-7E2E-4ED4-B52A-85BD1C857FC2 (resized).jpeg95F212A3-7E2E-4ED4-B52A-85BD1C857FC2 (resized).jpegB72E6131-D99D-4242-9854-EE1F06E0C6F3 (resized).jpegB72E6131-D99D-4242-9854-EE1F06E0C6F3 (resized).jpegF0D50593-663C-44A1-A8F6-448B79FA2FDE (resized).jpegF0D50593-663C-44A1-A8F6-448B79FA2FDE (resized).jpeg
#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Custom Wonka Topper! Made my own topper using a Wonka slot topper I bought off of eBay, I had to retrofit it so it won’t fall on top and hit the glass! I think it came out beautiful and it’s just right for this game. Not too much glare and the brightness is perfect. It changes colors and does all kinds of patterns.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeeeeeet!

#3130 4 years ago

Just did really well, scored over 3 million. After one ball that went really really well, did lots of things - I got a call out “CRAZY!” But it didn’t sound like it was from the movie. Anybody know where the “CRAZY” call out comes from? Is it from DI? (I’ve never played)

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Just did really well, scored over 3 million. After one ball that went really really well, did lots of things - I got a call out “CRAZY!” But it didn’t sound like it was from the movie. Anybody know where the “CRAZY” call out comes from? Is it from DI? (I’ve never played)

Yes it's used in Dialed In for Crazy Bob awards

#3132 4 years ago

Is it normal for Wonka to take 5 minutes to boot? My WOZ and Hobbit both take about 45 seconds. My Wonka takes consistently about 5 minutes.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Is it normal for Wonka to take 5 minutes to boot? My WOZ and Hobbit both take about 45 seconds. My Wonka takes consistently about 5 minutes.

Sld b like a min if that...

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Means you got 200 wonka bars, and starts the ransom mode as far as I know, phone starts ringing etc

#3135 4 years ago

Is it normal for Wonka to take 5 minutes to boot? My WOZ and Hobbit both take about 45 seconds. My Wonka takes consistently about 5 minutes.Time it.. cause yes 5 minutes is alot.. Mine is about a minute... Houdini takes even longer.

5 minutes is too long yes.. time it.. mine is about a minute.. Houdini takes forever...

#3136 4 years ago

If, after it takes so long to boot, you could mail me a log dump, that would be appreciated.

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If, after it takes so long to boot, you could mail me a log dump, that would be appreciated.

Having the same problem,long boot up

#3138 4 years ago

Wonka software v1.31 release

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v01.31.iso

this is a FULL update, not a delta.

PLEASE backup any settings prior to install if you want to keep them.

#3139 4 years ago

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.

There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin

#3140 4 years ago

Anyone got their CE yet?

#3141 4 years ago

=

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

==============================================================================
== Version 01.31 October 31, 2019 ==
== MD5 Checksum: d0182da94857a538b0988d8808d5360f ==
==============================================================================

- Note: This is a "full" install release.

=== Game Code
+ Added speech from Julie Dawn Cole for the Collector's Edition.
* Fixed bug where double bonus was awarded from Collect Bonus.
+ Added press start to serve a ball in the Wonkavator device test.
* Fixed bug where you could lock a ball in the Wonkavator on a quick plunge.
* Various other bug fixes and improvements

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone got their CE yet?

What I am hearing is "late November/early December, possibly sooner."

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Having the same problem,long boot up

For what it's worth, I was also experiencing a super slow boot (but I didn't realize it until it was mentioned here). I did the 1.31 update today, which was the first full update I've done on my machine and my boot time is greatly improved.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

For what it's worth, I was also experiencing a super slow boot (but I didn't realize it until it was mentioned here). I did the 1.31 update today, which was the first full update I've done on my machine and my boot time is greatly improved.

Same here, we started to notice the boot time lengthening and after the upgrade it's fast. Will watch to see if it degrades over time.

I was happy to see that 1.31 also addressed a minor cosmetic bug I reported (kids out of order on the wonkavision during gobstopper MB.) It's great to see reported issues turned around so quickly!

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks

#3146 4 years ago

Is the camera off by default on 1.31?

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Is the camera off by default on 1.31?

No.

LTG : )

#3148 4 years ago

When I got a high score didn’t take a picture... I’ll check it again

#3149 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the Big Points sticker for the Gobstopper ?

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Interesting! I wasn't planning on upgrading since I didn't see much value in the notes. If start-up time is improved that would be a good reason to upgrade. I wonder why they would leave that out of the notes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,937 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/63?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.