IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 280.
#3051 4 years ago

The final decal version installed !

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg
#3052 4 years ago

Those look awesome!

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The final decal version installed ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't wait to get mine.. its gonna feel.like a new game.

#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The final decal version installed ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks awesome. Did you make those yourself?

#3055 4 years ago

Yes i did.
I missed the factory feeling.

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Yes i did.
I missed the factory feeling.

When will you start to ship them?

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

That's great work I love how it looks to bad I bought mirrors blades before these came out which looks awsome as well and helps to with the lighting better on such a dark game.

#3058 4 years ago

I notice that people seem to love all the mods for WW, particularly the Modfather and Mezel ones, however I notice that no one has installed the chocolate waterfall river mod that goes over the Wonkavator exit?

has anyone bought and installed that one? I am curious as to how it actually looks on the playfield.

#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I notice that people seem to love all the mods for WW, particularly the Modfather and Mezel ones, however I notice that no one has installed the chocolate waterfall river mod that goes over the Wonkavator exit?
has anyone bought and installed that one? I am curious as to how it actually looks on the playfield.

Like poop.

#3060 4 years ago

ah that might be it haha

#3061 4 years ago

We just recently got a WW LE for the showroom and is my go to game when I take a break or after locking the doors at closing time. I love it!

I’m Enjoying trying to figure out the rules. Today I figured out how to add Candy to the Candy Jar. Gotta push the flipper buttons to light the in-lanes just as the ball is dropping from the ramps, clever.

AECF8A8C-6375-4A36-94D6-307A2630E2D7 (resized).jpegAECF8A8C-6375-4A36-94D6-307A2630E2D7 (resized).jpeg
#3062 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any freshly made wonka le s around or they going straight to making ce s ?

Just received mine October 13th

#3063 4 years ago

My LE is showing up tomorrow, just off the line my dist. tells me..... besides the playfield issues, Anything mechanical to look for with a new owner ?

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

My LE is showing up tomorrow, just off the line my dist. tells me..... besides the playfield issues, Anything mechanical to look for with a new owner ?

Check height of gold bolts below lockdown bar
Scour bottom of cabinet for extra random hardware floating around (check speaker magnet too)
Adjust shooter housing to prevent clearance issues with shooter tip hitting auto-plunger
Check Augustus spinner for correct position and clearance for good spin
Ensure Factory ramp deflector is installed
Install left outlane guide post, moving rubber from inlane post over
Check switch gaps on slingshots (both mine needed adjustment - too tight)
Check trough board switches in switch test, be prepared for a failure

I'm missing some stuff - I'll add later when I remember

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Scour bottom of cabinet for extra random hardware floating around (check speaker magnet too)
Adjust shooter housing to prevent clearance issues with shooter tip hitting auto-plunger

Many of these things were addressed allready. Still a good list to check

#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Many of these things were addressed allready. Still a good list to check

Well ... one thing not listed ... the start button needs to be pushed to see if the game starts ... you never know, so keep trying it. I try to check that at least a couple times a day. Yep - it's still working.

#3067 4 years ago

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but ball is having trouble making the boomerang ramp on auto-launch. Strengthening the spring doesn't seem to help. Is there an easy solution?

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What do you mean here about the the gold bolts? Also, is anyone else having a problem with their lockdown bar? Mine takes a lot of effort to lock into place, and often requires a few minutes of jimmying until the mechanism fits/looks properly.

#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

What do you mean here about the the gold bolts? Also, is anyone else having a problem with their lockdown bar? Mine takes a lot of effort to lock into place, and often requires a few minutes of jimmying until the mechanism fits/looks properly.

You can adjust the lock bar mechanism with the two screws under the lock bar.

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

The JJP lockdown bars seem really finicky. I have lots of issues with WoZ and Pirates. WoZ I adjusted the brass screws, made a bit of a difference, still takes some finagling every time. Pirates refuses to latch closed with those screws all the way down or all the way up or any state in between, but thankfully doesn't really move anyway. Wonka and Hobbit lock down pretty well, but still rarely as easy as a Stern bar.

#3071 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

The JJP lockdown bars seem really finicky. I have lots of issues with WoZ and Pirates. WoZ I adjusted the brass screws, made a bit of a difference, still takes some finagling every time. Pirates refuses to latch closed with those screws all the way down or all the way up or any state in between, but thankfully doesn't really move anyway. Wonka and Hobbit lock down pretty well, but still rarely as easy as a Stern bar.

Thank you to you and Lermods for the quick answer! I thought it was me, everytime I close it it's so stubborn. I'm presuming thats what the two brass screws are for! thanks guys!!

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I had to reset, adjust my receiver for Pirates, to get the playfield to sit properly, as well as the yellow latch to sit in place. It's maybe a good idea to check your alignment by shifting the receiver itself, by removing the mounting bolts that sit outside the front of the cab. Then you can slide the receiver a bit and adjust as necessary.

#3073 4 years ago

I assume this is just an issue with my machine (which has had over a half dozen issues already), but do anyone else's flippers "chop" when the ball is coming at them at high speed? Particularly my right flipper. By chop I mean when a ball is coming down fast and you hit it, it doesn't travel back up the playfield smoothly, instead the ball does a little hop first. Kind of like hitting a sharp grounder to second base or something. Could it be the flipper isn't perfectly parallel to the playfield? Could just be the ball is picking up a strong spin that's making this happen, too.

Quoted from wesman:

I had to reset, adjust my receiver for Pirates, to get the playfield to sit properly, as well as the yellow latch to sit in place. It's maybe a good idea to check your alignment by shifting the receiver itself, by removing the mounting bolts that sit outside the front of the cab. Then you can slide the receiver a bit and adjust as necessary.

Will give this a shot, thanks!

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Well ... one thing not listed ... the start button needs to be pushed to see if the game starts ... you never know, so keep trying it. I try to check that at least a couple times a day. Yep - it's still working.

Tell me about it.. ive played more pinball in the past month or so then i have in the past year.... all bc of wonka.. it so dam good

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume this is just an issue with my machine (which has had over a half dozen issues already), but do anyone else's flippers "chop" when the ball is coming at them at high speed? Particularly my right flipper. By chop I mean when a ball is coming down fast and you hit it, it doesn't travel back up the playfield smoothly, instead the ball does a little hop first. Kind of like hitting a sharp grounder to second base or something. Could it be the flipper isn't perfectly parallel to the playfield? Could just be the ball is picking up a strong spin that's making this happen, too.

Will give this a shot, thanks!

Usually the flipper rubbers need ajusted on the bat better. To high or to low can cause issues

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but ball is having trouble making the boomerang ramp on auto-launch. Strengthening the spring doesn't seem to help. Is there an easy solution?

Boomerang ramp on launch? Also the spring has nothing to do with the auto launch.... sounds like it may need ajusted.... or try setting the power up in the settings.

#3077 4 years ago

A tidbit of information told to me by the Mechanical Engineer at JJP at Expo: He had to design the gobstopper to be the same exact shape(s)/designs and colors as what was in the movie and required approval by the license holder. The gobstopper plunger on the CE has the same exact design/colors as the gobstopper in the game, just a reduced size. I thought that was being pretty picky (or contrary - meticulous), but interesting to know.

I'm glad that Ted's idea didn't fly that at some occasions during the game the gobstopper would grab the ball and consider it a drain (ball over). That would be something new to pinball, but the game is hard enough. Interesting idea though. (This was in the Expo Saturday presentation.) It is pretty cool that the team at JJP bounce ideas off of each other and work together on projects.

I did like the idea that they showed for a concept design for the current captive ball being another physical ball lock instead. Once the second ball is locked, it was also a captive ball device until the balls were released. That would have been pretty cool. Interesting stuff and cool that they shared that with us.

#3078 4 years ago

I tried to watch the jjp expo video on YouTube but there is no sound . Is it just me having issues? Can anyone else hear it? I wanna see / hear the early Wonka pics and info.

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried to watch the jjp expo video on YouTube but there is no sound . Is it just me having issues? Can anyone else hear it? I wanna see / hear the early Wonka pics and info.

You mean MGC. Try this one:

#3080 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That would be something new to pinball

Actually, it's really really OLD. And it probably would've happened if we could've presented it in a more understandable way.

#3081 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You mean MGC. Try this one:

Nope.. they did a expo q@a and it has no sound for me..

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope.. they did a expo q@a and it has no sound for me..

Ya the one linked has no sound for some reason.

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya the one linked has no sound for some reason.

Ok.. if anyone has a good video off jjp at expo please let me know.

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

if anyone has a good video off jjp at expo please let me know.

Youtube one has audio.
LTG : )

#3085 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Actually, it's really really OLD. And it probably would've happened if we could've presented it in a more understandable way.

I haven't seen a ball drain in the middle of the playfield before. Must be from the EM era? It was still really interesting to see the concepts. Thanks for sharing that. I am also going to try that coin op mode on my pin at a party (like we discussed at Expo) in a couple of weeks with a bunch of non-pinhead friends that like our JJP pins. At a set time during the party I will backup the settings, change to the coin op settings and let them experience the modes that they likely didn't achieve for the previous 3 hours. That should be fun for them. I really want to see their reaction to the change. Thanks to the software team for thinking about that. Then, the next morning, just restore my settings and we're back to where we were.

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Youtube one has audio.

Not on my end....

#3087 4 years ago

Ill have to try threw my pc or tv.... but it will not work on my phone. Very odd

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not on my end....

Audio is working on Youtube, and when you play it from Pinside.

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill have to try threw my pc or tv.... but it will not work on my phone. Very odd

I had the same problem,but worked fine on my Ipad and tv

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not on my end....

The sound is really low (for me) and you have to turn the volume way up.

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had the same problem,but worked fine on my Ipad and tv

Yep works fine on wife's iphone.. just not my phone... weird..

#3092 4 years ago

I see that some ledboards has empty "spotlight" connectors.
Is it possible to plug some extra spotlights in these boards?
I would like to ad 2 extra spotlights to light up the middle playfield.

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I don't think it will work right. You can tap into the existing spots, they are all on the same board, but dont think you can plug into the other boards where there are open headers labeled "spotlight" and get a steady light. I've tested it and haven't had good results.

#3094 4 years ago

I guess I cut my teeth on incandescent older machines.
Wonka SE with the backboard light mod seems plenty lot to me.
With the backboard lighting and the Mezal Mods factory divertor mod I feel like my SE is what it should be,the only other thing I’m thinking of doing is the Lermods Wonkavator.Waiting for Black Friday for discount. Hint Hint

#3095 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess I cut my teeth on incandescent older machines.
Wonka SE with the backboard light mod seems plenty lot to me.
With the backboard lighting and the Mezal Mods factory divertor mod I feel like my SE is what it should be,the only other thing I’m thinking of doing is the Lermods Wonkavator.Waiting for Black Friday for discount. Hint Hint

I wish I could discount the wonkavator, but it's a joint venture and I don't get much from it. It's a lot of labor to make and wire it.

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think it will work right. You can tap into the existing spots, they are all on the same board, but dont think you can plug into the other boards where there are open headers labeled "spotlight" and get a steady light. I've tested it and haven't had good results.

maybe some of the modders can make this?
2 small white spots/leds with an Y-splitter to hook up on the other spots/leds.

#3097 4 years ago

maybe some of the modders can make this?
2 small white spots/leds with an Y-splitter to hook up on the other spots/leds.

Been working on it...just have to make a cover for the brackets so they blend in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-mods-what-does-the-game-need#post-5283026

IMG_20191029_200016 (resized).jpgIMG_20191029_200016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191029_200023 (resized).jpgIMG_20191029_200023 (resized).jpg

#3098 4 years ago

Settled the balance on my WW LE today so I can join the club - my first real pin, very excited! Now the epic wait for shipping to NI begins...

#3099 4 years ago

Anyone mess with the backbox monitor color settings? Was playing some di last night and its monitor seems much shaper and vibrant. How and where do u even mess with the settings.... anyone have any experience with this?

#3100 4 years ago

Watching Bonanza in garage and saw this on an episode called Goldfinder!Looks like a Wonka kinda thing

30BCC69F-89CD-47DB-B9AB-A5C49C1B977D (resized).jpeg30BCC69F-89CD-47DB-B9AB-A5C49C1B977D (resized).jpegE9AF18C1-8C1C-4078-BA4B-1F90F1ED8C1D (resized).jpegE9AF18C1-8C1C-4078-BA4B-1F90F1ED8C1D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/62?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.