IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 280.
#3001 4 years ago

Yay!! I just got an email that my Willy Wonka CE will be shipping in 2 weeks. It’s about time!

#3002 4 years ago

Someone (Not me unfortunately), scored 6.500.000 on Wonka at Free Gold Watch yesterday. I've never seen a super player before, it was really impressive.
DPD if you are here, congratulations, that was quite the show.

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Hi!
For those of you having requested technical support from JJP; how long does it usually take before you hear anything from them? I’ve reported an issue with my left lane magnet on october 11 (so 13 days ago today), but it has remained silent since then. I would’ve expected some sort of reply by now.

Less than 24 hrs. I submitted an issue late afternoon and the next morning I got a response (this was only a couple weeks ago). I used the online form

#3004 4 years ago

What parts of the code are the most enjoyable?

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Entering a GC score..)

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

I really enjoy the multiball modes. The startup for the wonkavator multi, slugworth muli, and kid multi all get me ramped up. Oompa loopma odyssey is fun and Wonktavania boat mode is intense. To me the game doesn't feel too linear because there are many ways to increase your score and you don't feel like you have to hit the same shots over and over to have a high score or enjoy yourself. Deep enough rules, but not too deep that they are overly complicated.

#3007 4 years ago

How many CE’s would you guess they’re making?When they’re done with CE’s are they going back to SE’s?

#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How many CE’s would you guess they’re making?When they’re done with CE’s are they going back to SE’s?

Whatever number has been presold + a few. They certainly aren’t going to make a whole lot of CEs for stock.

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

from what i understand, ALL 500 CE are going to be built at one time. When they are done with CE's they will be going back to LE/SE mixes.

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

from what i understand, ALL 500 CE are going to be built at one time. When they are done with CE's they will be going back to LE/SE mixes.

Wow all 500,that's kind of a pleasant surprise,I guess I thought the delay and playfield issues
would put a damper on production.I'm waiting for the new SE's to start rolling out.Thanks for info

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow all 500,that's kind of a pleasant surprise,I guess I thought the delay and playfield issues
would put a damper on production.I'm waiting for the new SE's to start rolling out.Thanks for info

Why would the playfield issues affect the production? Are they doing anything about them?

#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Why would they spend $2.5M+ dollars to build inventory that might not ever sell? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

you don't feel like you have to hit the same shots over and over to have a high score or enjoy yourself.

I second this opinion

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

SE owner here. Easy to install. Very effective at eliminating airballs. I do hate the way it looks though.

I added a third wire held by a small metal strip on one end and held by existing screw on other. Eliminated 90% of my air balls.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I added a third wire held by a small metal strip on one end and held by existing screw on other. Eliminated 90% of my air balls.[quoted image]

U can also contact jjp to get the plastic protector they added once le started shipping.

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would they spend $2.5M+ dollars to build inventory that might not ever sell? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

Think you may be surprised how many Wonka's have been sold and how many are still pre ordered and waiting for delivery. I agree 500 is probably too high but im sure at some point they will sell .

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Quoted from BigSilverPin:

I really enjoy the multiball modes. The startup for the wonkavator multi, slugworth muli, and kid multi all get me ramped up. Oompa loopma odyssey is fun and Wonktavania boat mode is intense. To me the game doesn't feel too linear because there are many ways to increase your score and you don't feel like you have to hit the same shots over and over to have a high score or enjoy yourself. Deep enough rules, but not too deep that they are overly complicated.

The whole game is great and love how everything can stack. Every game is usually a different experience and im glad the code and gameplay do not follow the movie in order bc that wld get old.

#3018 4 years ago

This game is a gem. Totally satisfied with my SE.

Honestly happy with the code and format of the game

Really smart and deliberate

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can also contact jjp to get the plastic protector they added once le started shipping.

Can someone show me a picture of that plastic? I would make one to protect my game. So I can play when I am waiting for a plastic from jjp.

#3020 4 years ago

Those of you that own both Wonka and potc, which one do you like better? I want both, can barely afford one and debating between a huo potc or nib Wonka LE. Thoughts?

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Can someone show me a picture of that plastic? I would make one to protect my game.

LTG : )

DSC00128 (resized).JPGDSC00128 (resized).JPG
#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Those of you that own both Wonka and potc, which one do you like better? I want both, can barely afford one and debating between a huo potc or nib Wonka LE. Thoughts?

Don't discount Dialed In as well. It's every bit as good as those two and you could probably get one at a much cheaper price.

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Very different games.

POTC is longer ball times, more forgiving, more multiballs and wizards.
Wonka is more aggressive and will require more active defense to keep the ball alive.

Tough call for me - I own both - but if I had to choose one it would probably be POTC.

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I prefer wonka ... i like the way it shoots more ,code and lightshows are better for me. That being said its my favorite pin ever as of now but dile and potcle are very close behind and all are amazing. You really can't go wrong with any but there something special about wonka that is just so dam fun and i get that one more game feeling alot.

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Don't discount Dialed In as well. It's every bit as good as those two and you could probably get one at a much cheaper price.

I do keep considering that one as well, and you're definitely right about price.

#3026 4 years ago

So got an LE on way (3 weeks or so) but distributor also has an CE... what should I do!

Is it worth the £3K price increase!

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So got an LE on way (3 weeks or so) but distributor also has an CE... what should I do!

Not really but it sure is gorgeous and does have some nice additions. If its a keeper for you and 3k.isnt a huge deal then grab it... if not then the le is plenty beautiful and amazing

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Only if you think so! Objectively it isn’t.

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

In my opinion itˋs hard to compare, cause they are so different.
I own and love both and i am so happy about it.
If you put a gun on my head, of course i would choose PotC, because he has much more to give and to explore.
But like i said itˋs a complete different feeling, maybe you are more the chocolate guy instead of a pirate, so you have to choose Wonka.
Itˋs always hard to choose your lineup if your space or money is restricted.
Good thing, you can go one way for a while and if it feels wrong you can change your pins.

#3030 4 years ago

Has anyone put an extra spotlight on his game to light up the center playfield?
Where can I get 6v for my spotlight?

#3031 4 years ago

And still no 2nd ticket ..

6828887D-0CA1-46D1-8569-EA42B4B8B058 (resized).jpeg6828887D-0CA1-46D1-8569-EA42B4B8B058 (resized).jpeg
#3032 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Video of these sparkle playfields?

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does anyone have a Video of these sparkle playfields?

I'm pretty sure pictures or video won't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Just like the Yellow Brick Road WOZ. Really beautiful to see.

LTG : )

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And still no 2nd ticket ..[quoted image]

Yep . U can get big scores without getting tickets. You really need to focus on getting the tickets... well the mb ones. 3 is definitely possible to get... I'm not sure about the other 2 tho. The gumball one is pretty common to get and the gobstopper mb and kid mb are attainable but difficult.

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And still no 2nd ticket ..[quoted image]

Nice score!!!

#3036 4 years ago

We played Wonka on the weekend in a big tournament with over 60 players. It was set up brutal with no ball save and crushed a lot of players. The most effective strategy for me was getting super spinner and loading up on Wonka Bars so that you’re over the 100 mark, then getting the multiplier up by whacking the gobstopper, then if possible getting award bonus and hold bonus. The last two eluded me each time but that’s what I was aiming for. It’s got some great risk/reward shots though - each time you rip that spinner you end up in the pops which is danger. When ‘Collect Kid’ is lit at the captive ball that’s a bit of a dangerous shot. Then starting Kid multiball is a tough shot on the left and if you miss it you’re in danger. Overall it played very well and I think people enjoyed it despite its difficulty. Obviously you would set it up easier on location.
It was an LE and I have an SE. The cosmetic stuff I don’t really notice...the biggest difference is obviously the Wonkavator lock. the game plays quite differently, as when it’s lit your shot does not end up in the dangerous pops but in a nice locked position. I probably prefer it to the SE, and its nice to see your balls up there waiting to be released. But to me the value wasn’t there so I’ll stick with the SE.

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very different games.
POTC is longer ball times, more forgiving, more multiballs and wizards.
Wonka is more aggressive and will require more active defense to keep the ball alive.
Tough call for me - I own both - but if I had to choose one it would probably be POTC.

POTC and DI are my two tops in my collection. I've played my friends Wonka and started to like it also. I'm thinking I need to change my lineup a bit and eventually make a row of every JJP.

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

POTC and DI are my two tops in my collection. I've played my friends Wonka and started to like it also. I'm thinking I need to change my lineup a bit and eventually make a row of every JJP.

I keep coming back to JJP games too. They have a stickiness to them for sure.

#3039 4 years ago

Anyone that's REALLY happy with how their game is set up, what is your playfield angle and lower two flipper coil strength at?

I'm pretty happy how my LE is set up but i have a feeling it could be just a little bit better.

#3040 4 years ago

I really like how malleable the game play experience is. I am certain there is an optimum strategy for points, but depending on what you focus on achieving, the feeling of the game changes thanks to the light/sound/shaker effects that differentiate different modes and goals. Last night i was playing around with focusing on the captive ball and factory modes and while my point scores weren't amazing, the gameplay took on a totally different feeling than the last several days where i've been maxing wonka bars and focused more specifically on collecting kids.

#3041 4 years ago

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.

I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.

"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."

Thanks..!

#3042 4 years ago

Damn that’s scary,good luck to all Californians

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )[quoted image]

really hoping Standard owners can get this. I blew up the camera because of air balls

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

really hoping Standard owners can get this. I blew up the camera because of air balls

Yep.. just get ahold of jjp

#3045 4 years ago

Just a quick plug for Mezel's factory mod. Loving it.

IMG_0226 (resized).jpegIMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just a quick plug for Mezel's factory mod. Loving it.[quoted image]

Looks like Gene is approving your mod. Look at his left hand.

#3047 4 years ago

Any freshly made wonka le s around or they going straight to making ce s ?

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Look at his left hand.

Left hand?

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any freshly made wonka le s around or they going straight to making ce s ?

Saw some with mid October build dates

#3050 4 years ago

Correction, right hand. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.