IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 279.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I asked Jack at the seminar if the root cause of the clear issues had been determined and if a fix had been identified:
Yes. Yes.
Could you expand on either?
No.
Wasn’t really sure what to make of that minimal answer, but some could take it as good news.

I just watched this last night, and was glad to see you ask the question, and in a tactful and thoughtful manner. I was then a bit jaw dropped by Jack's "response".

Here's my view on that entire situation.

This isn't exactly a White House briefing with reporters ready to fire off tense question after question. That said, it has been known for months this was an issue present in their games, and the community has rightfully wanted answers and explanations.

To start this entire panel, Jack could have stated something akin to..."Hi everybody, evening! I'd like to welcome everyone here tonight, and start discussing some of our future plans for games, as well as discuss some methodologies we use in our design process, but first I'd like to address an issue many of you have been concerned about greatly, and in turn our customer's concern is our concern.

Lately, we've had some issues regarding playfield quality in some of our games, in our past two titles. I'd like to state that I'm not at liberty to disclose specific details as to what created these issues or how, but I would like to take a moment to state that not only have we course corrected these issues, and have started production of even higher quality playfields than we had prior to these issues popping up, but I'd like to reassure fans and customers alike, that this issue has been seen to and improved upon in a way where lifetime playability of our games can exist once again.
Most of all I sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter, and dearly thank you for your continued support.

That said, I'd like to continue on with the night, and start by discussing our next new......."

Something akin to that. A non answer, answer, one assuring customer patience, while also stating for legality reasons these issues aren't possible to be discussed publicly, would have been both effective and respectful.

Maybe also stating that bluetooth and wifi adapters would be provided to all past and future customers at no charge, would have been a nice look as well.

I'm more than happy, as many of us all are, to support pinball and Jersey Jack, (I just bought my second game of theirs last week, after having issues with my POTC) but in that support, there needs to be a grounded sense of trust, faith, some degree of transparency, and most of all respect.

I feel Jack's response the other night could have been handled much more effectively, to the betterment of both customer and brand.

Again, thanks for trying in a respectful manner.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

Perhaps but, they aren't even delivering on what was originally put forth when the game was first announced "3D Wonkatania Topper" so while I get you're not big on toppers JJPs failure to even live up to their own statements is not ideal...

Jeff

#2953 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

Will I successfully installed the Hookedonpinball RGB backboard light mod.It's my first backboard
light install and Robert answered the few questions that I had,because I wanted to get it right the
first time.Anyway it's very easy install and the results are what I wanted,definitely have plenty of
light on upper,left playfield.Now I've address this issue and the factory divertor next will be the
Wonkavator by Lermods

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I just watched this last night, and was glad to see you ask the question, and in a tactful and thoughtful manner. I was then a bit jaw dropped by Jack's "response".
Here's my view on that entire situation.
This isn't exactly a White House briefing with reporters ready to fire off tense question after question. That said, it has been known for months this was an issue present in their games, and the community has rightfully wanted answers and explanations.
To start this entire panel, Jack could have stated something akin to..."Hi everybody, evening! I'd like to welcome everyone here tonight, and start discussing some of our future plans for games, as well as discuss some methodologies we use in our design process, but first I'd like to address an issue many of you have been concerned about greatly, and in turn our customer's concern is our concern.
Lately, we've had some issues regarding playfield quality in some of our games, in our past two titles. I'd like to state that I'm not at liberty to disclose specific details as to what created these issues or how, but I would like to take a moment to state that not only have we course corrected these issues, and have started production of even higher quality playfields than we had prior to these issues popping up, but I'd like to reassure fans and customers alike, that this issue has been seen to and improved upon in a way where lifetime playability of our games can exist once again.
Most of all I sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter, and dearly thank you for your continued support.
That said, I'd like to continue on with the night, and start by discussing our next new......."
Something akin to that. A non answer, answer, one assuring customer patience, while also stating for legality reasons these issues aren't possible to be discussed publicly, would have been both effective and respectful.
Maybe also stating that bluetooth and wifi adapters would be provided to all past and future customers at no charge, would have been a nice look as well.

That would have been a PERFECT response IMHO!

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can someone please tell me what the number on the pink pipe means on the LCD?
The number changes during gameplay but I haven’t figured out what triggers it.

Did you get an answer on this? I had not noticed this prior to your post and now I'm curious! Here is what I have observed so far:
- the pink pipe starts the game blank (no number displayed)
- the number increases 500 for every shot to the right orbit (the shot under the Wonkavision just left of the ! / saucer shot). First shot = 500, second time = 1000 etc, up to a max of 5,000
- it carries over throughout the game

Still not sure what the number means though!

WW pink pipe (resized).pngWW pink pipe (resized).png
#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from broada:

Did you get an answer on this? I had not noticed this prior to your post and now I'm curious! Here is what I have observed so far:
- the pink pipe starts the game blank (no number displayed)
- the number increases 500 for every shot to the right orbit (the shot under the Wonkavision just left of the ! / saucer shot). First shot = 500, second time = 1000 etc, up to a max of 5,000
- it carries over throughout the game
Still not sure what the number means though![quoted image]

I did! Shooting that orbit shot (left lane under wonkavision) does increase it. It affects the value of Oompa Loompa Odyssey!

#2957 4 years ago

Does anyone think it would make more sense to roll over a lit inlane to add candy to the candy jar, rather than an unlit one? Not a big deal but kind of bugs me. Maybe there's an explanation as to why it's like this...?

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So the game produced has a limited playability due to defect?
Which is the time span for thoose defective games? Production dates?

What are the customers supposed to do about thoose games?
If there was an identifiable defect has thoose customers been notified?
What Will happen to the defective games?
Etc etc etc.....

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did! Shooting that orbit shot (left lane under wonkavision) does increase it. It affects the value of Oompa Loompa Odyssey!

Excellent - I’ll check this out. Thanks!

#2960 4 years ago

Here's some Wonka gameplay if anyone is bored at work today lol... no fancy camera setup but i like the raw pov gameplay videos myself. Was supposed to just be a test game which is why the first few balls sucked... but i ended up having a nice ball 3 so i just went with it. Really shows off the brilliant light shows bc of the dark room.

#2961 4 years ago

Now that i'm understanding better how the game works, I've noticed that Factory Advance +1 on the skill shot doesn't seem to advance the factory, and neither does the factory inlane. Is this a known bug? I'm on an LE with 1.25.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Now that i'm understanding better how the game works, I've noticed that Factory Advance +1 on the skill shot doesn't seem to advance the factory, and neither does the factory inlane. Is this a known bug? I'm on an LE with 1.25.

The +1 Factory skill shot will advance one of the 3 tacks by 1 (factory, captive ball, loops). Which one it advances is random. The factory inlane lights the factory standup target to the right of the factory ramp. If you hit it right away, it will fully light the WONKA letters and have a factory mode ready at the saucer. This is risky, as that shot usually sends the ball out of control, but you don't have to make as many factory ramp shots.

#2963 4 years ago

Having a problem with my augustus spinner, probably a regular pinball issue. The spinner comes to a rest on its side so the ball is having trouble spinning it when it goes by. I tried adjusting it but still same issue. Any advice on what to do so it comes to a rest in a proper position? Thanks in advance guys!

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So the game produced has a limited playability due to defect?
Which is the time span for thoose defective games? Production dates?
What are the customers supposed to do about thoose games?
If there was an identifiable defect has thoose customers been notified?
What Will happen to the defective games?
Etc etc etc.....

This was a statement I wrote, that I imagined Jack....could....have said regarding playfield issues or something akin to it, when the question was asked.

He gave a brief "yes" they were fixed, and "no" they aren't discussing the issue. Something to that extent. The person who asked the question quoted his response directly on the prior page, and it's in the Pinball News JJP video as well.

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Having a problem with my augustus spinner, probably a regular pinball issue. The spinner comes to a rest on its side so the ball is having trouble spinning it when it goes by. I tried adjusting it but still same issue. Any advice on what to do so it comes to a rest in a proper position? Thanks in advance guys!

Just need to bend the spinner mech down and mess with the switch arm. I got mine spinning nicely with some small adjustments

#2966 4 years ago

Like bigd1979 said but I also greased the contacts a bit too. That got it back spinning for me.

That bracket does get whacked from time to time from the upper left flipper, so not surprising in needs adjustments.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

The +1 Factory skill shot will advance one of the 3 tacks by 1 (factory, captive ball, loops). Which one it advances is random. The factory inlane lights the factory standup target to the right of the factory ramp. If you hit it right away, it will fully light the WONKA letters and have a factory mode ready at the saucer. This is risky, as that shot usually sends the ball out of control, but you don't have to make as many factory ramp shots.

this is helpful. to clarify, when the wonkavision screen confirms skill shot with +1 Factory, it's a random award to one of the 3? (i've noticed getting free loops and captive balls, but not WONKA letters. will have to test this out tonight)

Thanks for the clarification on the inlane and how it works. It's been a bit baffling to me!

#2968 4 years ago

Your spinner bracket needs to be bent back over. Repeated slamming through it has moved it a bit. I had this same issue this week, and just bending the frame a bit took care of the issue.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2969 4 years ago

Thanks guys that solved it! Anyone have any experience with putting the table into "easy difficulty" mode? I'm having a party in a few weeks and most ppl attending aren't experienced at pinball. Any insight into what changes (multi ball difficulty etc.)?

#2970 4 years ago

Thanks guys that solved it! Anyone have any experience with putting the table into "easy difficulty" mode? I'm having a party in a few weeks and most ppl attending aren't experienced at pinball. Any insight into what changes (multi ball difficulty etc.)?

There was a pin at Expo that had it on a coin ops easy setting of some sort in the menu that made the first level multiballs super easy. I am going to set mine up that way for parties with friends and family. Keith advised me to backup the settings first so that all I need to do is recover the settings after the party to put everything, including high scores, back to the way that they were.

#2971 4 years ago

Go into your utilities menu and then the installs menu and install extra easy mode. Then change to 5-ball. This will make the game more enjoyable for your guests.

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Go into your utilities menu and then the installs menu and install extra easy mode. Then change to 5-ball. This will make the game more enjoyable for your guests.

thanks! i went thru the entire menus lasts night and saw how the options change for each difficulty. For now I am going to make the kickback one level easier (2>1). Was nice to find the options to change the color of the score display, add my LE# to the screen, and to increase the brightness of the LED inserts. All very nice additions. Anyone have any luck installing LED lights underneath/behind an LE cabinet yet? I saw some options in the menu for that.

#2973 4 years ago

thanks! i went thru the entire menus lasts night and saw how the options change for each difficulty. For now I am going to make the kickback one level easier (2>1). Was nice to find the options to change the color of the score display, add my LE# to the screen, and to increase the brightness of the LED inserts. All very nice additions. Anyone have any luck installing LED lights underneath/behind an LE cabinet yet? I saw some options in the menu for that.

I've installed LEDs in the bottom of my SE, will work on the LE too. It won't function like the CE as the code is different, but we offer it with a switch if you want to dim it or have it with a fade pattern for single color, or with an RGB option. Will be up on our sight this weekend...expo got in the way. You can contact me as well if you are interested.

#2974 4 years ago

I had something similar. Had to take the ramp apart to get to it and adjust it. It's been fine since

#2975 4 years ago

Hi!

For those of you having requested technical support from JJP; how long does it usually take before you hear anything from them? I’ve reported an issue with my left lane magnet on october 11 (so 13 days ago today), but it has remained silent since then. I would’ve expected some sort of reply by now.

#2976 4 years ago

My Wonka LE is being shipped in couple of weeks.
Not been keeping up with this thread lately. What’s people’s opinion on the game?

#2977 4 years ago

Where can I find my Willy Wonka Le numbered plate to attach above the screen?
I can't find it.

#2978 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Hi!
For those of you having requested technical support from JJP; how long does it usually take before you hear anything from them? I’ve reported an issue with my left lane magnet on october 11 (so 13 days ago today), but it has remained silent since then. I would’ve expected some sort of reply by now.

You may want to try calling or re-sending the email. They are normally very prompt and responsive but I have sent emails before (including my most recent one, which I sent just before Expo weekend) that just vanished into the aether with no acknowledgement.

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My Wonka LE is being shipped in couple of weeks.
Not been keeping up with this thread lately. What’s people’s opinion on the game?

We can't stop playing!!

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Where can I find my Willy Wonka Le numbered plate to attach above the screen?
I can't find it.

Mine was in a separate white padded envelope.

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

We can't stop playing!!

Where? In the coinbox?

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Hi!

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you must call. I’ve emailed support tickets as well and get no response. I’ve called them about 3 times and every time I’ve gotten a return call within 20-30 minutes.

#2982 4 years ago

Where? In the coinbox?

Mine was in a cardboard sleeve, in the coinbox. So were the screws that mount it (black)

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from erniebh:

We can't stop playing!!

attached to the outside of the box.

#2984 4 years ago

I may just be seeing things, but has anyone else ever seen a spark when the ramp diverter fires? I could have sworn that I saw a spark this morning.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I may just be seeing things, but has anyone else ever seen a spark when the ramp diverter fires? I could have sworn that I saw a spark this morning.

Ah, I bet I wasn't seeing things. Now seeing Ramp Diverter malfunction in the error report....sure enough, dead. Further review leads me to notice that all of the stuff on the pink 70v is out (left magnet clusters). Behind the glass it looks like D709 is blown. I suspect that replacing that would bring things back to life temporarily...but I doubt that's the actual issue. Any tips on how I should sort out the real issue (I'm very much a noob at this)? Also, what's the type of fuse I'll be replacing. I can't seem to find it in my Wonka manual (j/k, of course, why would such a manual exist???). I've contacted JJP, but nothing from them yet.

Thanks

#2986 4 years ago

To those of you (either SE owners who requested them after the fact, or LE owners that had them installed from the start) with the airball-protectors on the Factory ramp, how would you rate this solution? Is it preventing airballs from that ramp? Is the aesthetic of having it there acceptable, or does it block the view of something else? If you installed yours, was it relatively easy to do?

I have not looked closely at the pics and videos but I am assuming they stuck with this same solution for the CE's.

#2987 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

To those of you (either SE owners who requested them after the fact, or LE owners that had them installed from the start) with the airball-protectors on the Factory ramp, how would you rate this solution? Is it preventing airballs from that ramp? Is the aesthetic of having it there acceptable, or does it block the view of something else? If you installed yours, was it relatively easy to do?
I have not looked closely at the pics and videos but I am assuming they stuck with this same solution for the CE's.

My LE came installed with the protector. No issue with airballs there and it doesn't block my view.

#2988 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I am very happy with the airball protector, it ended the balls flinging out of the right ramp for us. It was easy to install, though I had to source my own hardware for doing so.

#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am very happy with the airball protector, it ended the balls flinging out of the right ramp for us. It was easy to install, though I had to source my own hardware for doing so.

Thanks Derek. Anything exotic hardware-wise I need to look for? I seem to remember you posting something about this awhile back but did not make note of the solution.

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Thanks Derek. Anything exotic hardware-wise I need to look for? I seem to remember you posting something about this awhile back but did not make note of the solution.

There's a hex post for the left side and a 1/2 inch spacer for the right side. Honestly if you're requesting the protector from JJP just remind them to include the hardware.

It's easy to install.

#2991 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

SE owner here. Easy to install. Very effective at eliminating airballs. I do hate the way it looks though.

#2992 4 years ago

I have an SE, never seen airballs anywhere in the game. Stock flipper settings.

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

It does cut down on airballs for sure. One unintended consequence of installing the deflector, however, is that in the instance of a ball climbing the ramp fast enough that it would have flown off the ramp before, now it hits the deflector and comes back down the ramp, right back at you. And guess where it goes then?

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have an SE, never seen airballs anywhere in the game. Stock flipper settings.

You're a lucky one then! I was getting them constantly on the right ramp, including a few that struck, but didn't break, the Oompa Loompa. I dialed the flipper settings down by 2 on the left flipper and that seemed to lessen, but not eliminate, them.

I guess every machine really is different.

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

It does cut down on airballs for sure. One unintended consequence of installing the deflector, however, is that in the instance of a ball climbing the ramp fast enough that it would have flown off the ramp before, now it hits the deflector and comes back down the ramp, right back at you. And guess where it goes then?

Do you have the 1/2 inch spacer on the right side? I had the same issue when I ran it without one, flush against the ramp. It stopped when I added it.

#2996 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

attached to the outside of the box

Actually, now that you mention it- Thats where mine was as well. the black screws that mount it were in the coin box

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Behind the glass it looks like D709 is blown. I suspect that replacing that would bring things back to life temporarily...but I doubt that's the actual issue. Any tips on how I should sort out the real issue (I'm very much a noob at this)? Also, what's the type of fuse I'll be replacing.

You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In, it's close enough to help on some things until the Willy Wonka manual is out.

Page D-114, F709 is a 3A 250V 5mm X 20mm

Tips - look for anything obvious. Coil lugs close to metal, bare wires close to metal, squished wires. Start where you saw the sparks.

LTG : )

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you must call. I’ve emailed support tickets as well and get no response. I’ve called them about 3 times and every time I’ve gotten a return call within 20-30 minutes.

I am not keen on spending my money on trans-atlantic phone calls if e-mail correspondence should work too. I’m not sure either on how JJP feels on making intercontinental phone calls

Luckily my distributor is now helping me out, so I’ll wait and see how that works out first.

#2999 4 years ago

Is there a fix for the ball not rolling from the "most secret machine"-lock tot the kicker in the shooterlane?

#3000 4 years ago

Is there a fix for the ball not rolling from the "most secret machine"-lock tot the kicker in the shooterlane?

Try increasing the gobstopper lock coil. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to trim a coil sleeve in there. But try the power first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.