IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 278.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone posted a shot map? I don’t understand what is happening underneath the display.
Also where are all the magnets and what impact do they have? The only one at noticed was for the L upper flipper.

I just saw this on youtube:
Playfield Tour:

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Anybody know what the "more surprises" are with the CE version?

In the works, signed by cast members. Not for sure yet though.

#253 4 years ago

I currently have a CE on order but think I will revert back to an LE? What do you think? This will be my second pin (WOZ RR is my first). I like the blue armor on the LE better than the cand red on the CE. The gobstopper pull and topper are nice but not $3K nice. I am just having a hard justifying the extra $3K for a CE. What should I do?

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I currently have a CE on order but think I will revert back to an LE? What do you think? This will be my second pin (WOZ RR is my first). I like the blue armor on the LE better than the cand red on the CE. The gobstopper pull and topper are nice but not $3K nice. I am just having a hard justifying the extra $3K for a CE. What should I do?

I think the LE or even the SE are the best bang for your buck!

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If you downgrade to LE I strongly advise getting the radcals. I do think the blue armor works better than red, but I'm sticking with the CE.

You get more than the topper and gobstopper shooter for 3k.

You get:

- 3d topper
- Gobstopper shooter
- Mirrored backglass
- Radcals
- Sparkle playfield art
- Red machine
- Red armor and wireforms
- Pinblades
- Laser cut rule card
- Signed apron
- "More surprises"

#256 4 years ago

The mirrored backglass and red armor with radcals are beautiful...Screenshot_20190413-225940_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225940_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-230600_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-230600_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225927_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225927_YouTube (resized).jpg

#257 4 years ago

I’d get the standard edition and save the 5k for the next game

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

#258 4 years ago

What are radcals?

Edit: never mind, I Googled it.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just did exactly that, downgraded my order to LE. I think the jump to LE is worth it, but not sure I get enough out of the move to CE. Plus, that’s 3 grand towards the next great game that gets announced sooner than later.

#260 4 years ago

I went to MGC considering the LE but switched to the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I plan to add a shaker and a couple of the inevitable mods that will be made for it and still have $1500 or more in my pocket vs the cost of the LE. I highly recommend working with Chris at KingPin Games!

#261 4 years ago

Think about this - do I get standard version of Wonka AND a Stern pro or just Wonka CE....

I just can't even fathom someone picking the CE... It's not like those CE will become more valuable. Every CE from jjp has dropped. For someone who would pick the latter is it just bc money doesn't matter and you want the definitive Wonka regardless how much?

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Think about this - do I get standard version of Wonka AND a Stern pro or just Wonka CE....
I just can't even fathom someone picking the CE... It's not like those CE will become more valuable. Every CE from jjp has dropped. For someone who would pick the latter is it just bc money doesn't matter and you want the definitive Wonka regardless how much?

For those buyers the value for them is there. They aren’t necessarily caring about resale value.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For those buyers the value for them is there. They aren’t necessarily caring about resale value.

Yea all the le extras are nice and id be buying them anyhow.... but that ball lock mech is pretty big and is super cool and has a lot to it. It also has a bunch of lighting on it that really adds to the lightshows ... i definitely want it in my game.

#264 4 years ago

I’m in on an LE and for me it’s 100% about the play field completeness. Never say never but I’d never buy a Stern Pro for the same reason. I don’t care about bling or exclusivity, but if I’m going to spend what these things cost I’ve got to have everything under glass. If that means I can afford fewer games, so be it. The ones I can afford will be complete.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For someone who would pick the latter is it just bc money doesn't matter and you want the definitive Wonka regardless how much?

Pretty much. Don't judge!

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Money always matters, but I don't pick my games because of it..(have a WCS and SP in my lineup). I go after the ones that appeal to me, as I tend to keep them, so resale doesn't even cross my mind. Never owned a CE (only have a WOZECLE as my lone JJP pin). Can see Wonka CE as viable, if I like it after playing one.

Pinball is my hobby....I make money in other ways...it is pretty cool that this hobby is made up of toys that generally retain most of their worth, however....

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty much. Don't judge!

not judging - just curious. That's fine.

Seems like the answer is money doesn't matter which is totally fine and actually is the only answer that makes sense to me on this.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like the answer is money doesn't matter which is totally fine and actually is the only answer that makes sense to me on this.

Well, I went LE on POTC because it made the most sense to me. Then I helped a friend unbox a CE, and ever since I've had CE envy. This time I'd rather err on the side of overdoing it than have regret.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I care about money but i want the whole game and the extra bling. That lock works similar to the tz gumball machine and is pretty cool.. and it looks nice in the back with all the rgb flashers and lights.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I won't put pins in the living or dining rooms (happy wife, happy life), so I'm using the bedroom that's adjacent to my home theater. I can put a max of 7 to 8 pins in the room and it would be tight. 4 to 5 pins would allow room for other things and better closet access. I'm in a quality vs. quantity situation, so I'd rather have fewer games with more features.

#271 4 years ago

Please tell me how the virtual Wonka-vator ball lock will work on the Standard Edition.

If the lock is supposed to carry over from player to player, game to game, and be visible for all to see just how many balls are locked there, how will that be accomplished virtually? Will the locks appear in the display even after the game is over? It's confusing.

Thanks for any insight.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please tell me how the virtual Wonka-vator ball lock will work on the Standard Edition.
If the lock is supposed to carry over from player to player, game to game, and be visible for all to see just how many balls are locked there, how will that be accomplished virtually? Will the locks appear in the display even after the game is over? It's confusing.
Thanks for any insight.

One of the JJP guys said on the stream that virtual locks on SE wouldn’t carry over to other players or games. But good question about locked ball count, assuming screen will show the count. Or maybe there’s a light somewhere on SE to indicate # locked.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I currently have a CE on order but think I will revert back to an LE? What do you think? This will be my second pin (WOZ RR is my first). I like the blue armor on the LE better than the cand red on the CE. The gobstopper pull and topper are nice but not $3K nice. I am just having a hard justifying the extra $3K for a CE.
What should I do?

I also prefer the LE w blue powder coat, but CE features haven’t all been shown yet. If your not in a rush perhaps wait to see the final CE product.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the works, signed by cast members. Not for sure yet though.

Not trying to be rude but does anybody assign any value to cast signatures? I love the movie and the pin looks great but not at all compelled by this “extra”. The sparkle play field is what I would like to see.
When do you think final CE model will be shown?

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I also prefer the LE w blue powder coat, but CE features haven’t all been shown yet. If your not in a rush perhaps wait to see the final CE product.

I’m holding on to my CE order, hoping the sparkle playfield with alternate art is going to be killer, and the mirrored back glass is certainly a plus, but I actually prefer the side art on the LE’s cabinet.

Something just doesn’t look right about the rectangular outline on the CE’s cabinet art, and I think the extra “white space” (it’s actually blue space) around the LE’s art better compliments the rather loud and cramped look of the golden tickets on the sides of the back box.

It would be nice if we all get to see the finished look for the CE sooner rather than later. Not because anyone really needs to worry about a sell out right now, but because there are persons wanting to request particular numbers. What if you’d really rather have No. 12 LE instead of No. 12 CE or vice versa? First world problems!

#276 4 years ago

did anyone see the part where the girl turns into a big blueberry incorporated into the game? I hope that's in there!I watched the entire stream that night but don't recall. I also missed a little here and there...

#277 4 years ago

Can someone who played it comment on this question? How is the sound and the music? I watched the SDTM video and I have to be honest, it sounds so all over the place and really a mess. It actually made me want to turn the sound off. It was very confusing and annoying with music being played over music. I was am wondering how does this sound in person? Thanks!

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Can someone who played it comment on this question? How is the sound and the music? I watched the SDTM video and I have to be honest, it sounds so all over the place and really a mess. It actually made me want to turn the sound off. It was very confusing and annoying with music being played over music. I was am wondering how does this sound in person? Thanks!

I thought it sounded great, and will only get better once the code is 100% complete.

#279 4 years ago

C'mon Allentown!!!

I have a deposit on a CE, but strongly leaning towards changing it to an LE..if I like the game after playing it.
The mirrored backglass on the CE is pretty cool compared to the others.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I thought it sounded great, and will only get better once the code is 100% complete.

Thanks for your opinion. I am really wanting to get one, and the music did make me nervous, but I only heard it on the video and stream so I am glad to hear that in person its sounds much better!

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Thanks for your opinion. I am really wanting to get one, and the music did make me nervous, but I only heard it on the video and stream so I am glad to hear that in person its sounds much better!

You won't know if you like it unless you play it first. I was a little let down by the reveal, but once I played it I fell in love. It shoots so smoothly. Lots to do even if it's lacking all the toys people were expecting. I think modders are going to have a field day with this one. My son and I had huge smiles on our faces the entire time. And that was with it being set to harder difficulty to shorten playing times. Once you have it set up in your house the way you want it, and you can dive deeper into the rules...oh boy!

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So utterly confused by your response? You said You listened to the game and didn’t like it and then a random person said they thought it sounded good and now you feel better about it? Your opinion doesn’t matter as much as someone else’s? Confused. I played the game many times and all the animations and sound were amazing but that is My view. But then again I thought they sounded good in the SDTM review also.

#283 4 years ago

I put a deposit down for an LE. I think the game looks fantastic. Lawlor is the only designer where I'll put a deposit down without playing, because I know he's such a stickler for feel. The rules at this point look fun, the music and sound are great (though the callouts could use some big time love), and it just looks like a ton of fun. I'm in.

#284 4 years ago

I'm still in on a CE... I must admit I was underwhelmed by the game... I knew it wasn't going to be a wide body but man I hoped JJP would surprise us there as the wide body gives them so much more room for fun. I don't see anything revolutionary about the game at all, I don't remotely see what any of the hype was about to be honest. All of that being said, it looks like a very fun game to play and at the end of the day that's what matters most.

Jeff

#285 4 years ago

I think the game got hyped too much, and set everyone's expectations far too high. If we hadn't heard any hype ahead of time, I'm betting a lot more people would have been happier with the game reveal and excited to buy one. I think as the dust settles, more people will buy one realizing that it really is a great game. Especially when they show us the completed code and polish that JJP is known for, I bet it will create a slew of new orders.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I don't see anything revolutionary about the game at all, I don't remotely see what any of the hype was about to be honest.

The fact that it isn't oddball and weird is what excited me. Haha.

I heard beforehand that it was going to be full of Lawlor standards, so I didn't expect anything crazy. It's a good mix of tried and true, and it has lots of good shots both front to back and side to side. The best of Pat's games have those going for them and they feel smooth and satisfying. That's what really got me happy about Wonka. It looks like a solid Pat Lawlor experience, and he's getting access to the best code of his career at JJP. It's just such a solid pairing.

#287 4 years ago

I am in for a CE. First JJP purchase.

It was exciting to see the lead-up/reveal create so much buzz in the pinball world. It goes to show that pinball remains relevant more than ever in this day and age of mobile/console/PC games and that the pinball community is passionate in wanting only the best in game design!

I won’t compare this game with the other JJPs since I feel they each appeal to their own fan-base and are fun in their own right! I wish I had a WOZ, Hobbit, and TPOTC but for me personally the connection to purchase was not strong enough. I am happy for all those who did pull the trigger and enabled JJP to continue making bigger and better games.

Regardless of the pre-hype and post-reveal, I am committed to buying WWCF due to several reasons:

1) It fills an emotional element that resonates for me (fan of the movie).
2) It looks appealing to the eyes even in its unfinished form.
3) Those who have played it lean towards fairly positive comments on flow/gameplay and desire to play more.
4) I reflected that historically I have gravitated and enjoyed PL’s games even at times before I knew they were developed by PL.
5) While WWCF May not be revolutionary, I see an evolution in refinement and learning from previous games developed.

While concerning to hear all the analysis on faults with the sound/art/toys/component design, the call out from the floor was that these were still prototype versions of the cabinets which had some SE/LE/CE components mixed together and not in their final form with final GA code. They were put together to show how far they’ve come and how close they are to start production. Of course it would have been preferred to have final products shown but i’m sure a marketing decision/strategy was implemented to get people to possibly pause on purchasing a competitors newly announced pin if they understand their average customer may have budgets to buy only 1-2 machines a year.

Also, if JJP was using the reveal event (and the next few other events) to get hands-on user feedback before fully locking down final form, all the better and brilliant!

I remain positive the coding will improve, the call outs/wizard modes/video clip integration will vastly improve, and the feedback from the JJP base will be heard/taken action upon where they can (when it doesn’t cause a devastating financial impact to the build or hit legal licensing barriers).

Don’t get caught up in the emotional highs and lows of all the fanboys and haters or the vendor comparisons. No one should have any regrets with any vendor’s pin purchase if they find joy and happiness from the machine. Find the machine that provides you that joy and don’t look back.

Will WWCF be perfect? Probably not. Will they miss what seems like obvious movie theme integration scenes? Probably. Will it have unforeseen issues? History says yes. Will it be fun? Most likely (at least for me)!

Cheers!

Gas

#288 4 years ago

I'm sending my deposit in tomorrow for a SE! It's going to look great next to my RRWOZ. I do like that JJP is competing with the stern premiums, as that price point is more in my comfort zone.
I see a lot more JJP games in my future if this continues.

#289 4 years ago

My wife & I played all the versions at the reveal and for the next couple of days at MGC off and on (several times). Met some of you fellow pinheads and that was pretty cool to compare notes on this one in person. For those that really like DI, this "kind of" has the same feel and emotion to it. Same designer and coder (I was told Ted was lead at the reveal … maybe not since others say Joe). This is not like JJPOTC and TH with the theatrical lights, sounds, and call outs that pull you right in. Like DI, it is more of a happy, fun game that you want to play again … and that every few games just kicks your butt with SDTM returns from missed shots. Like Pat said at the reveal … not too hard, but not too easy either. I hope that they improve the music to be more dramatic at critical times and more call outs, maybe a little heckling too please.

I think for locations, the standard would be the one to go with. I didn't see anyone while I was there get the wonkavator multiball. That is real tough if you look at the rules. So it's not "real" important game play wise for locations that don't usually have tournament type players there. For home use, I think the extras for the LE make it worth while. Like someone else posted, I want the complete playfield with all of the gadgets and gizmos possible. I will have to learn how to get that wonkavator. The CE was nice, but not $3K more nice for us. We are in for an LE, but not a rush.

We met and talked to Pat's wife at the reveal too. She's very nice and talked with us for 5 minutes or so. Shhh - she said Pat has already started the drawings for his next game. She said that he really enjoys this work again and will be staying put at JJP for a while. A very nice conversation. All (or most) JJP people are sociable and that is great for us customers. It adds to the pin hunt experience.

#290 4 years ago

Comparisons of SE version and the LE/CE version. Shows the Wonkavator is missing, also several LEDs in that area will be missing since the wonkavator is not there. Photos were taken by @tonyscoots
09eed827b8281032be6ada3bc5352416b3825395.jpeg (resized).jpg09eed827b8281032be6ada3bc5352416b3825395.jpeg (resized).jpg792d5aea76356344175a5147e02742fb9549031d.jpeg (resized).jpg792d5aea76356344175a5147e02742fb9549031d.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Comparisons of SE version and the LE/CE version. Shows the Wonkavator is missing, also several LEDs in that area will be missing since the wonkavator is not there. Photos were taken by tonyscoots
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice photos. I have to admit the game looks better to me as time goes on. If I imagine myself just seeing this pin without having heard about it first I'd be pretty excited. Hope everyone gets their games relatively soon so I can live vicariously through you all.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Nice photos. I have to admit the game looks better to me as time goes on. If I imagine myself just seeing this pin without having heard about it first I'd be pretty excited. Hope everyone gets their games relatively soon so I can live vicariously through you all.

there are a few headed to a local location near you soon...

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

there are a few headed to a local location near you soon...

Any clarification on that would be awesome. I would love to put a few plays in on a prototype. What lucky locations get to host those early machines?

I myself am in on a CE. My biggest question is the art package since we have not seen it yet. I am hoping it has something more attractive to the theme with a chocolate river similar to WOZ. There is nothing wrong with the standard art package, but the CE should step things up a notch, and more so that just glitter on the same art package.

#294 4 years ago

Let's be honest, we know kingpin ended up with all 6 prototypes in his basement.

#295 4 years ago

FreeGoldWatch Are you getting a Wonka ? You are my closest hope to getting to play this game (and eventually buy one !)

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Let's be honest, we know kingpin ended up with all 6 prototypes in his basement.

It is my understanding that there will be one Very soon at the previous 257 here in Schaumburg IL similar to Pirates test process. I have my game card ready to melt some cash into it!

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It is my understanding that there will be one Very soon at the previous 257 here in Schaumburg IL similar to Pirates test process. I have my game card ready to melt some cash into it!

they also have oktoberfest

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

This is the Wonka Club thread though.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

That one at Level 257 crash rebooted on us a couple of times last Thursday. Needs your latest update.

We've still got about 45 plays left on our play card there. My wife wants to go back there and spend another day there when Wonka shows up. Post updates on that please. It's only 4 hours down the road.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.