IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 280.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hello! New member of the Wonka Club here! Quick question, should the gobstopper target/drop make a motor noise as it spins? I can't tell if the noise is a game feature (I think it is) or if something is wrong. Thanks in advance!

That's supposed to happen.

#2902 4 years ago

should the gobstopper target/drop make a motor noise as it spins? I can't tell if the noise is a game feature

no, it should be almost silent (other than you might hear some sound effects)

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

no, it should be almost silent (other than you might hear some sound effects)

I should have been clearer; I didn't mean the toy up top spinning I mean the base/hole that rotates upon hitting the target. Upon start up it makes a noise as well as it resets to starting position.

#2904 4 years ago

I talked to Butch today and he is still working on the manual and is not sure if JJP will sell a printed version. He advised for anyone that wants a printed manual to let JJP know that you would like for them to be offered to show that there is a demand. So, let your distributor know and maybe even email Jack your vote for it.

#2905 4 years ago

I should have been clearer; I didn't mean the toy up top spinning I mean the base/hole that rotates upon hitting the target. Upon start up it makes a noise as well as it resets to starting position.

Yes, this is normal. The trap door cycles at startup to calibrate position, and you can hear it.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes, this is normal. The trap door cycles at startup to calibrate position, and you can hear it.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Thank you, that's what I thought! I heard it in Toyota boys video as well, thanks for the help guys! I've had the game for one day and love it! Got just over 2 million and one golden ticket day one, can't wait to go home and see what else is there. I absolutely love the light show during oompa loompa odyssey and even during slugworth multi. Great game!!

#2907 4 years ago

If this game doesn’t win best light show of the year I would be surprised

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If this game doesn’t win best light show of the year I would be surprised

It really is phenomenal... I'm wondering does woz and Wonka use slightly different light board set ups? While all jjp insert light shows are awesome ..wonka and woz do much more effects than the other titles. Or is it just come down to coding?

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It really is phenomenal... I'm wondering does woz and Wonka use slightly different light board set ups? While all jjp insert light shows are awesome ..wonka and woz do much more effects than the other titles. Or is it just come down to coding?

I heard Keefer say somewhere that they took Wonka to the next level so I assume it’s coding

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

...but therefor the GI sucks!
If you watched the movies before on YouTube, you don't have in your mind that the moviemaker use some external light.
And then you turn Wonka on at home and it's just dark. The nice playfield is invisible like WOZ before.
I increased the lightlevel with 12V SMD stripes an finally i can agree with you.
So happy with Willy at home now.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

...but therefor the GI sucks!
If you watched the movies before on YouTube, you don't have in your mind that the moviemaker use some external light.
And then you turn Wonka on at home and it's just dark. The nice playfield is invisible like WOZ before.
I increased the lightlevel with 12V SMD stripes an finally i can agree with you.
So happy with Willy at home now.

Its dark but i can see everything fine and i play at night with no lights on.i love the atmosphere it gives. I may add a few spots at some point

#2912 4 years ago

I will NEVER understand why people who are so hellbent on ripping "darkly lit" games don't just turn up the room lights. ??!????!?

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I will NEVER understand why people who are so hellbent on ripping "darkly lit" games don't just turn up the room lights. ??!????!?

I don't understand it as well. My favorite lightshows on a game are WOZ and Alien. If the playfield is just lit with some bright white spots it doesn't really have such cool effects. On JP I liked it when they turned off the GI once you hit a Chaos letter. and now they "fixed" that in the code for better visibility. Seems like I am in the minority with my taste It's ok.

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

In my case using room lights (specifically a light directly overhead) to light up WW causes the optos to go crazy.

The back of the SE is very dark and needed additional lighting IMHO. The family is much happier with it lit back there to see where the loops are heading.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

In my case using room lights (specifically a light directly overhead) to light up WW causes the optos to go crazy.
The back of the SE is very dark and needed additional lighting IMHO. The family is much happier with it lit back there to see where the loops are heading.

This I agree with.They should have done something with the upper left area after removing Wonkavator
I’m installing lighting this weekend
that coordinates with program lighting

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I must say that the release of the final details for the CE has left me feeling a bit 'underwhelmed' and, actually disappointed. For months JJP has told me that the "much more" promised for the CE was really going to make the wait worthwhile and that "I should hang in there on my CE purchase decision". Based on those assurances, I was really hoping for much more than what is being delivered. Maybe some new toy(s) and some greatly expanded call outs/animations for the CE only would have been great. But, the inclusion of under cabinet lighting (maybe a $100 item at best) and a lesser topper than previously shown just don't motivate me to spend the extra $3000 above what an LE goes for. And, don't get me started on how 'tacky' the signatures plate affixed to the apron looks. The CE should have really been special but I just don't think JJP has delivered on that promise. Maybe the accountants have taken over? Whatever the reason(s), I am officially 'out' on a CE. Today I told my distributor to downgrade my long standing CE order to an LE. Apparently, I am the second one today to do that with him. I will take the $3000 'saved' and bank it towards another machine, maybe TOY STORY or any of the many other machines that are now or will soon be available to choose from.

I'm in for a CE regardless but one thing I will do when I get it is take off the glass, pull out my screwdriver and remove that awful signature plate which imo ruins the apron look from all the pictures I've seen. Pretty underwhelming and yes I will spend the extra money but I was hoping for little things like including some more mods to dress the machine up - for example a deal with the mod couple to include some of their mods would have made me a lot happier with my decision.

The other cool thing that should be included is that Jack issue's us CE'ers with tickets to the factory and then he'd pick a lucky few to take home another machine......!!

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

I'm in for a CE regardless but one thing I will do when I get it is take off the glass, pull out my screwdriver and remove that awful signature plate which imo ruins the apron look from all the pictures I've seen. Pretty underwhelming and yes I will spend the extra money but I was hoping for little things like including some more mods to dress the machine up - for example a deal with the mod couple to include some of their mods would have made me a lot happier with my decision.
The other cool thing that should be included is that Jack issue's us CE'ers with tickets to the factory and then he'd pick a lucky few to take home another machine......!!

I am sure those plates come off easily with 2 screws on the end of the playfield, just like the rule card holders on the SE.

#2918 4 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the multiball save timers, or just one for all?

I find the oompa timer to be too long, Slugworth just fine and the kid/gobstopper ones much too short. Timer counts down to zero a lot while the balls are hung up in the pops before even getting a shot in , not just multiball

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This I agree with.They should have done something with the upper left area after removing Wonkavator
I’m installing lighting this weekend
that coordinates with program lighting

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

I’ll be installing the Hookedonpinball light mod

#2921 4 years ago

Quick question! My ball keeps getting stuck/slowed down in the rightmost left inlane (Factory light lane). I'm thinking it's the pitch of the machine as a little lean on the bottom of the machine unstucks it; it was 6 degrees upon install, I raised to about 6.3 and it got slightly better. Is anyone else seeing this issue and what angle do you have your table at? Lastly, are airballs supposed to be fairly common? I get airballs pretty routinely including ones that skip up and hit the invisiglass. Was wondering if changing the angle would help this as well.

Thanks in advance guys!

#2922 4 years ago

Quick question! My ball keeps getting stuck/slowed down in the rightmost left inlane (Factory light lane). I'm thinking it's the pitch of the machine as a little lean on the bottom of the machine unstucks it; it was 6 degrees upon install, I raised to about 6.3 and it got slightly better. Is anyone else seeing this issue and what angle do you have your table at? Lastly, are airballs supposed to be fairly common? I get airballs pretty routinely including ones that skip up and hit the invisiglass. Was wondering if changing the angle would help this as well.
Thanks in advance guys!

Wow stock slope with all levelers flat is around 6.5. I have my have mine at 7.0 and it plays very nice.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow stock slope with all levelers flat is around 6.5. I have my have mine at 7.0 and it plays very nice.

Hmm I'll recheck mine! I had all flat and could swear it was 6.0. thanks!

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile
Also assumed they weren’t going to run CE’s until a correction was made.

A pause in production is typical when transitioning from one edition to another.

If playfields were, in fact, corrected, this would have been confirmed by JJP.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to support that notion rn.

#2925 4 years ago

Thanks in advance guys!

I have mine at 6.8 and it feels a little shallow still. Going to make it steeper. I think increasing your angle will fix your issues.

#2926 4 years ago

Wonka's looked and played great at the expo. All 3 models, I had a chance to play them all, awesome game as you owners know.

Also, I don't know how, but I experienced Wonkavator MB on both the LE and Standard editions. Somehow got a golden ticket no idea on that either, I think it was gumball.?

#2927 4 years ago

Anyone else think it would be cool if they added some animations or clips for Willy Wonka?

Specifically to extra ball/gobstopper locks?

Similar to TZ, there are 3 different animations for each extra ball.

Or instead of the same 3 movie clips for the first 2 locks and multiball start.

They could have 3 different gobstopper movie clips for the second go around of locks and multiball start.

Slight variation couldn’t hurt, right?

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Anyone else think it would be cool if they added some animations or clips for Willy Wonka?
They could have 3 different gobstopper movie clips for the second go around of locks and multiball start.

Sounds good to me,maybe the people at the JJP seminar can ask a few ? all the programming team will be there

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

A pause in production is typical when transitioning from one edition to another.

I support my notion!

#2930 4 years ago

Is anyone streaming JJP’s seminar at 8 pm tonight

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

The LE to the left of the CE has it on a easy coin ops settings to show the programming difference that first time walk up players might enjoy better. Easier to qualify pretty much all of the first level multiballs. We're thinking about changing to that setting for parties with non-pinhead friends. I asked Keith about it and I would need to backup scores and settings if I want to put everything back the way it was once the party is over. (Restore settings afterthe party). We played it that way and that might be a good way to do it.

#2932 4 years ago

Watching several videos of this game, does it not have the oompa loompa song in it anywhere?

#2933 4 years ago

Why do you think they would confirm playfields beeing corrected?

Wouldn"t that be like saying, stuff was faulty and are now corrected?
What about liability if they did that?

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why do you think they would confirm playfields beeing corrected?
Wouldn"t that be like saying, stuff was faulty and are now corrected?
What about liability if they did that?

Because there are hundreds of potential buyers holding off due to the well-known issue.

#2935 4 years ago

Because there are hundreds of potential buyers holding off due to the well-known issue.

Then everyone should hold off buying EHOH! Is this a true statement?

#2936 4 years ago

I can agree it would be nice to hear that the issues have officially been fixed. I definitely won't buy something from a distributor right now that could potentially be a first run machine.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Watching several videos of this game, does it not have the oompa loompa song in it anywhere?

Pop bumpers do this and there is a awesome oompa loompa odyssey mode.

#2938 4 years ago

So yea.. this happened..had to pull glass to fix lol.20191019_221415 (resized).jpg20191019_221415 (resized).jpg20191019_232541 (resized).jpg20191019_232541 (resized).jpg

#2939 4 years ago

Jersey Jack Hughes : )

74604361_2852650721432060_8000210409455878144_n (resized).jpg74604361_2852650721432060_8000210409455878144_n (resized).jpg
#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So yea.. this happened..had to pull glass to fix lol.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s the “stuck” Augustus mode..

Cant you see!

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

That’s the “stuck” Augustus mode..
Cant you see!

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am sure those plates come off easily with 2 screws on the end of the playfield, just like the rule card holders on the SE.

Yes looks like 2 screws going to the side or under the apron

60D7680B-7345-4095-B2C1-902F2E183E78 (resized).jpeg60D7680B-7345-4095-B2C1-902F2E183E78 (resized).jpeg
#2943 4 years ago

Both sides can come off
5D5BCD6E-9674-4947-8033-BE5B96791DEF (resized).jpeg5D5BCD6E-9674-4947-8033-BE5B96791DEF (resized).jpeg

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Can someone ask the question to JJP at Expo this week? Probably the easiest way to confirm or deny a change has taken place.

I asked Jack at the seminar if the root cause of the clear issues had been determined and if a fix had been identified:

Yes. Yes.

Could you expand on either?

No.

Wasn’t really sure what to make of that minimal answer, but some could take it as good news.

#2945 4 years ago

anyone know the rubber sizes used on Wonka? Gotta replace a few soon.

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

2 screws going to the side or under the apron

Side ( front of apron ) .

LTG : )

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

anyone know the rubber sizes used on Wonka? Gotta replace a few soon.

Quoted from jfh:

I asked Jack at the seminar if the root cause of the clear issues had been determined and if a fix had been identified:
Yes. Yes.
Could you expand on either?
No.
Wasn’t really sure what to make of that minimal answer, but some could take it as good news.

Good news potentially....at least until it is implemented.

#2948 4 years ago

Any chance JJP changes the topper at this point due to the quite consistently negative feedback or are we basically to the point where it's just going to be this and deal with it?

Jeff

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any chance JJP changes the topper at this point due to the quite consistently negative feedback or are we basically to the point where it's just going to be this and deal with it?
Jeff

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

Don’t know too many people who would argue that the POTC CE wasn’t worth an upgrade over the LE...especially if viewed objectively based on resale value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/59?hl=ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.