IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 278.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I hope the CE art blades will be available for purchase separately.

Yup, would buy those instantly

#2852 4 years ago

Wow, is it just me or is the speech at the end of the video kind of painful to listen to?

I'm an overjoyed LE owner, and surprised to find that I like the LE look and feel more than the CE. To each their own, and best wishes to the collectors who will finally get what they've waited so long for.

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone know if the undercabinet lighting changes colors? For example, green during Slugworth, etc...that would be awesome.

It just shows "red glow", so probably not. There are settings in the menu for brightness though.

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Yup, would buy those instantly

Pingraffix made those and says those are only available for the CE.

#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Do you mean the angle is off as to where the hole stops (it should only stop at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock), or the entire rotating mechanism in relation to the playfield (flush vs. too high or too low)? If you mean the latter, there's a little metal... well, I'll just take a photo of mine since my faulty gobstobber mechanism is sitting right next to me
[quoted image]
Turn the threaded metal ring below the nut to raise or lower the gobstopper disc, and the white plastic ring locks/unlocks your ability to turn that metal ring.

Thank you, maybe I could drop the disc a minor bit... what i mean is it stops at slightly wrong o'clock... wanted to adjust that

#2856 4 years ago

I'm glad they didn't put Willy Wonka on the topper, his mug is already in enough spots.

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lots of magnet action ..trust me.. especially on the newest code

Have you seen CE in person?

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I'm glad they didn't put Willy Wonka on the topper, his mug is already in enough spots.

Wonkatania in a bottle?

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pingraffix made those and says those are only available for the CE.

Interesting, I didn't realize they made both versions. I saw the ones available for sale currently, and to me, they don't look anywhere near as good as the ones in the CE. I would buy the CE blades for sure, but not the ones that are available. I prefer the movie tie in much more than random candy

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Interesting, I didn't realize they made both versions. I saw the ones available for sale currently, and to me, they don't look anywhere near as good as the ones in the CE. I would buy the CE blades for sure, but not the ones that are available. I prefer the movie tie in much more than random candy

I got a sneak peak at another set of prototype side blades that someone is putting out real soon (not revealed to the public yet). You might want to wait to look at that option too for the Standard and LE. Some will like them. I'm still undecided though. It'll probably depend on what I see at Expo and any deals.

#2861 4 years ago

Close to a 1000 games played , its great in many ways , still unsure wether I want to kick it out or keep it..

Have had almost all recent sterns, and I find myself progressing to a better level of play over time, nailing shots, getting deeper into the offerin, not here, again .

Had all JJP except DI , and for me they all stagnate at some point, luck and flailing will sometimes get you a new gc , but I never felt like owning a game , at least have control. Power difference in slings, flippers scoop kick outs , makes such a difference if you really want to get to pure imagination , ever..
Sloppy flippers during multiball , even between balls, or games, I notice this on all of them. On p-roc /pc games too like lebowski. even my own built Kill Bill
Maybe it’s just me, probably, but somehow the pcb games seem to give more of a steady feel overall.

Oh well, time to whip the black knight’s ass tonight instead of getting mine done by willy again

#2862 4 years ago

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.
I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg
#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.

Those look great!

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love those.

#2865 4 years ago

Excellent work . They match the game so well !

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Those look really great, excellent work!

I hate to say it, but if the playfield IS the factory and those are it's walls, wouldn't "Wonka" on the outside of the windows be backwards?

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Those look really great, excellent work!
I hate to say it, but if the playfield IS the factory and those are it's walls, wouldn't "Wonka" on the outside of the windows be backwards?

Nice critics
My friend had the same thought.
I answered, they have it inside and outside of the window.
Seriously it would be a pity, if you couldn't read the Wonka tag, isn't it?

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Seriously it would be a pity, if you couldn't read the Wonka tag, isn't it?

I agree, sometimes a looser interpretation makes sense. It doesn't have to be "realistic" - because if it was, then we wouldn't have the factory smokestack lights in the factory itself, and the gobstopper would have to be tiny to be the same size as the movie, or smaller yet to be in proportion to the photos of the kid! And woah, that oompa loompa is a GIANT

#2869 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Amazing! I like this so much more than the Pingraffix. I was going to grab a set at the Expo this weekend but now I'm not so sure..

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Love these! Sign me up

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Looks great, I wish someone could make side blades removable. They always seem to get damaged when raising the playfield. JJP games are usually very tight. Why couldn't the blades be mounted to a template and just rest on edge of playfield. Then you can just slip them out when servicing the game ?

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

wouldn't "Wonka" on the outside of the windows be backwards?

Yes. I noticed that as well, but that might confuse children

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Looks great, I wish someone could make side blades removable. They always seem to get damaged when raising the playfield. JJP games are usually very tight. Why couldn't the blades be mounted to a template and just rest on edge of playfield. Then you can just slip them out when servicing the game ?

I leave the backing on and then use velcro .... then i can easily remove them for service.

#2874 4 years ago

Wonka Owner’s , thinking of ordering a CE ? You guys love the game . I’m a huge Lawlor fan, I’ve owned every game he’s done , AFG, TZ ES WW DI are some of my favorites. Should I pull the trigger ?
Thanks

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Wonka Owner’s , thinking of ordering a CE ? You guys love the game . I’m a huge Lawlor fan, I’ve owned every game he’s done , AFG, TZ ES WW DI are some of my favorites. Should I pull the trigger ?
Thanks

It's his masterpiece.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thanks

I've owned most pat l pins also and di was my favorite but Wonka has taken the title now. The layout is fantastic and is just so fun (and challenging) with so many shots and things going on. It also has mesmerizing lighting/light shows that are probably some of the best ever. Then you add in a great theme/movie and deep challenging code where you can stack modes on modes and it a amazing experience imo.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just use this solution:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone know if the undercabinet lighting changes colors? For example, green during Slugworth, etc...that would be awesome.

Topper lighting yes, bottomer no (just red).

#2879 4 years ago

Odd way to get the ball stuck During a multiball. Not sure if I’ll ever be able to do that again.

09476D04-11D4-4B0E-AB89-BA184D9649D9 (resized).jpeg09476D04-11D4-4B0E-AB89-BA184D9649D9 (resized).jpeg88E679C2-E697-4AFD-845E-F048FF6FEE29 (resized).jpeg88E679C2-E697-4AFD-845E-F048FF6FEE29 (resized).jpeg
#2880 4 years ago

Talked to my dist. Wonka is back on the line...I asked about the updated clear coating on the newer builds playfields. He tells me there is no difference that he knows of.

Anyone else hearing anything? Looking to order a LE

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Odd way to get the ball stuck During a multiball. Not sure if I’ll ever be able to do that again.[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the exact same thing one time. Had to take off the glass to free them up.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Odd way to get the ball stuck During a multiball. Not sure if I’ll ever be able to do that again.

Isn‘t that called stacking multiballs?

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Talked to my dist. Wonka is back on the line...I asked about the updated clear coating on the newer builds playfields. He tells me there is no difference that he knows of.
Anyone else hearing anything? Looking to order a LE

Which basically means no wonka for me. Gameroom is beeing completed around xmas and wonka was clearly part of the plan, but will be out.
I wonder how manu sales jjp lost due to committing to mirpoo?

I guess the only good option as it stands is cgc's, danesis new or backpaddle to stern sam games, cause i aint be getting spike-shite.

#2884 4 years ago

I have these. They work on my Sterns (SWLE, Beatles, LOTR), but not on Wonka LE.

-Adam

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which basically means no wonka for me. Gameroom is beeing completed around xmas and wonka was clearly part of the plan, but will be out.
I wonder how manu sales jjp lost due to committing to mirpoo?
I guess the only good option as it stands is cgc's, danesis new or backpaddle to stern sam games, cause i aint be getting spike-shite.

Im sure they have changed or fixed the issue on newly made wonka's.....

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im sure they have changed or fixed the issue on newly made wonka's.....

Based on what evidence?

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Based on what evidence?

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile
Also assumed they weren’t going to run CE’s until a correction was made.

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Based on what evidence?

Quoted from romulusx:

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile

This..

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can someone ask the question to JJP at Expo this week? Probably the easiest way to confirm or deny a change has taken place.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Still some minor adjustments, for exsample the most secret machine decal or the backboard fits not 100%
And i'm waiting for Mezel's Factory Pipe Upgrade!
bb (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpggs (resized).jpggs (resized).jpgpack (resized).jpgpack (resized).jpgpack2 (resized).jpgpack2 (resized).jpgside1 (resized).jpgside1 (resized).jpgside2 (resized).jpgside2 (resized).jpgside3 (resized).jpgside3 (resized).jpgside4 (resized).jpgside4 (resized).jpgside5 (resized).jpgside5 (resized).jpgside6 (resized).jpgside6 (resized).jpgside7 (resized).jpgside7 (resized).jpgtargets (resized).jpgtargets (resized).jpgtargets1 (resized).jpgtargets1 (resized).jpgtargets2 (resized).jpgtargets2 (resized).jpgtargets3 (resized).jpgtargets3 (resized).jpgtargets4 (resized).jpgtargets4 (resized).jpg

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Still some minor adjustments, for exsample the most secret machine decal or the backboard fits not 100%
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow I would love a set of these decals if you are selling.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome im in

#2893 4 years ago

Well, I must say that the release of the final details for the CE has left me feeling a bit 'underwhelmed' and, actually disappointed. For months JJP has told me that the "much more" promised for the CE was really going to make the wait worthwhile and that "I should hang in there on my CE purchase decision". Based on those assurances, I was really hoping for much more than what is being delivered. Maybe some new toy(s) and some greatly expanded call outs/animations for the CE only would have been great. But, the inclusion of under cabinet lighting (maybe a $100 item at best) and a lesser topper than previously shown just don't motivate me to spend the extra $3000 above what an LE goes for. And, don't get me started on how 'tacky' the signatures plate affixed to the apron looks. The CE should have really been special but I just don't think JJP has delivered on that promise. Maybe the accountants have taken over? Whatever the reason(s), I am officially 'out' on a CE. Today I told my distributor to downgrade my long standing CE order to an LE. Apparently, I am the second one today to do that with him. I will take the $3000 'saved' and bank it towards another machine, maybe TOY STORY or any of the many other machines that are now or will soon be available to choose from.

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

How did you get the images for the CE side art decals?

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I must say that the release of the final details for the CE has left me feeling a bit 'underwhelmed' and, actually disappointed. For months JJP has told me that the "much more" promised for the CE was really going to make the wait worthwhile and that "I should hang in there on my CE purchase decision". Based on those assurances, I was really hoping for much more than what is being delivered. Maybe some new toy(s) and some greatly expanded call outs/animations for the CE only would have been great. But, the inclusion of under cabinet lighting (maybe a $100 item at best) and a lesser topper than previously shown just don't motivate me to spend the extra $3000 above what an LE goes for. And, don't get me started on how 'tacky' the signatures plate affixed to the apron looks. The CE should have really been special but I just don't think JJP has delivered on that promise. Maybe the accountants have taken over? Whatever the reason(s), I am officially 'out' on a CE. Today I told my distributor to downgrade my long standing CE order to an LE. Apparently, I am the second one today to do that with him. I will take the $3000 'saved' and bank it towards another machine, maybe TOY STORY or any of the many other machines that are now or will soon be available to choose from.

Enjoy your LE! It's a great pin.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

If you're selling, I'm in as well!

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Enjoy your LE! It's a great pin.

Hell yeah even the SE modded is badass!

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How did you get the images for the CE side art decals?

It´s completely vector based.
No images used at all.
BTW the CE has different looking sideart.

#2899 4 years ago

Awesome job with the decals! Hoping you open them up for purchase

#2900 4 years ago

Hello! New member of the Wonka Club here! Quick question, should the gobstopper target/drop make a motor noise as it spins? I can't tell if the noise is a game feature (I think it is) or if something is wrong. Thanks in advance!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/58?hl=rhinopins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.