IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 279.
#2751 4 years ago

My flippers were feeling a slight bit weaker (we now have over 4000 plays) so I changed out the coil sleeves. WOW what an improvement!

What is the normally recommended service interval to change these things out?

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just updated the code to 1.25 and played a few games. I believe I noticed a few new scenes with speech, including at the factory gates and entering the factory. I do hate the ball going sdtm from the pops, very cheap drain. I’ll have to see if I can fix that, maybe a thicker rubber on the post above the gob stopper to deflect it.

I’ve been pondering about this too. Too cheap.. I’ve had multiballs end before I could even get a flipper to them because of this

Thicker rubber, on that post , or even thinking of mounting an extra post upside down onto the black metal secret machine bracket . I’ll slowmo film some exits to see exactly where the issue lies. Happy to tighten up that orbit a little to fix it

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My flippers were feeling a slight bit weaker (we now have over 4000 plays) so I changed out the coil sleeves. WOW what an improvement!
What is the normally recommended service interval to change these things out?

What size sleeves are they? Might have to do this as well as I have noticed my flippers getting weak ~2000 plays.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I noticed this on mine too when first got it a couple weeks ago. Took the sling rubbers of and put them back on. Fixed the shotgunning issue without having to adjust the leaf gaps.

Tweaking my sling rubbers seems to have cured my issue...for now at least. Thanks. I'll still invest in the leaf switch adjustment tool for future tweaks (this is my first pin, so I'm still building my arsenal of tools).

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

What size sleeves are they? Might have to do this as well as I have noticed my flippers getting weak ~2000 plays.

In a pinch you can remove them, clean them with alcohol and reinstall. But they are really best replaced outright.

Flipper sleeves: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7066-5

There are different sizes for other coils and VUKs too.

I looked up the sizes in the POTC manual and bought 25 of each so I have plenty on hand.

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Tweaking my sling rubbers seems to have cured my issue...for now at least. Thanks. I'll still invest in the leaf switch adjustment tool for future tweaks (this is my first pin, so I'm still building my arsenal of tools).

I highly recommend Butch Peel's "Tools of the Trade" video:

I also keep several parts on hand: full sets of rubbers, shooter tips, flipper return springs and (now) coil sleeves.

#2757 4 years ago

The update took all of 20 seconds to install so wondering if I did something wrong. How do I find out which version is installed?

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The update took all of 20 seconds to install so wondering if I did something wrong. How do I find out which version is installed?

I believe you can see it in the service menus. It's also listed on bootup.

#2759 4 years ago

Alrighty then.. the cheap pop exit drains

Took the gobstopper assembly out , and am using the black base plate ( its painted stainless steel) as a holder for an upside down mounted mini post

Required drilling a hole, in my case a slotted one to test different post positions . Closest to the secret machine didnt change much, the current position is a real game changer , for me at least... post has some spacing/mount rubbers to soften direct blows .

Seems that the most right pop directly behind the gobstopper hole , can fire the ball at the orbit entry plate on the left, causing it to bounce stdm all so often. Mounting the post has stopped this, surprisingly having tightened the shot, I am not finding the left orbit harder to shoot through. Its behind the gobstopper target plate also, so no benefits there either.

Its maybe not as intended but its a fair trade off in my opinion to the cheap drains.

Easy fix for anyone willing to do some work

15C686A2-F3F6-43C8-A045-704B6E55F419 (resized).jpeg15C686A2-F3F6-43C8-A045-704B6E55F419 (resized).jpeg7E92476D-5EFA-4EB7-8C43-E748A85BF509 (resized).jpeg7E92476D-5EFA-4EB7-8C43-E748A85BF509 (resized).jpeg
#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Took the gobstopper assembly out , and am using the black base plate ( its painted stainless steel) as a holder for an upside down mounted mini post
Required drilling a hole, in my case a slotted one to test different post positions . Closest to the secret machine didnt change much, the current position is a real game changer , for me at least... post has some spacing/mount rubbers to soften direct blows .
Seems that the most right pop directly behind the gobstopper hole , can fire the ball at the orbit entry plate on the left, causing it to bounce stdm all so often. Mounting the post has stopped this, surprisingly having tightened the shot, I am not finding the left orbit harder to shoot through. Its behind the gobstopper target plate also, so no benefits there either.
Its maybe not as intended but its a fair trade off in my opinion to the cheap drains.
Easy fix for anyone willing to do some work[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

#2761 4 years ago

Rules/code question: The super skill shot (which I don't make all that often) claims to award +3 factory. Does +3 factory mean "3 wonka letters" or does it mean something else? If it's supposed to give me 3 letters, I haven't seen that happen yet. I seem to only get 1 letter. I do see the 10k points though, so I know that the super skill shot is registering.

Thanks again

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Easy fix for anyone willing to do some work

One of the coolest random surprises in the game is the sneak-in shot to a closing gobstopper...especially if it gets you a double super jackpot during Gobstopper Multiball.

This mod is going to prevent a lot of those...

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Rules/code question: The super skill shot (which I don't make all that often) claims to award +3 factory. Does +3 factory mean "3 wonka letters" or does it mean something else? If it's supposed to give me 3 letters, I haven't seen that happen yet. I seem to only get 1 letter. I do see the 10k points though, so I know that the super skill shot is registering.
Thanks again

It gives you progress towards starting one of each mode. So, one Wonka letter, one loop credit, one captive ball credit. I don't know what you get if you already have one of the modes lit.

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I couldn't possibly get the wife to agree to that one, but I applaud your fearless ingenuity

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I couldn't possibly get the wife to agree to that one, but I applaud your fearless ingenuity

It still manages to give stdm and a whopping 16k score after 3 balls.. But its much better this way, for me

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

One of the coolest random surprises in the game is the sneak-in shot to a closing gobstopper...especially if it gets you a double super jackpot during Gobstopper Multiball.
This mod is going to prevent a lot of those...

I thought so too, but its happened a few times this afternoon. I also love that feature

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I highly recommend Butch Peel's "Tools of the Trade" video:

Thanks for that link. I knew most of the things, but still found some useful nuggets, and a review always helps.

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How do I find out which version is installed?

Game turned on - open coin door - hit enter button once - look at lower right corner of the screen.

LTG : )

#2769 4 years ago

Is there a rubber kit available for this game? A lot of my rubber is abraiding and flaking and i can't find a kit for it. Does anyone know if one is available for Wonka or if i can buy a rubber kit for different game?

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Is there a rubber kit available for this game? A lot of my rubber is abraiding and flaking and i can't find a kit for it. Does anyone know if one is available for Wonka or if i can buy a rubber kit for different game?

Yes please, this. And a manual. It's time!!

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Is there a rubber kit available for this game?

This shouldn't be hard for JJP to release, just a list. They're assembling these machines there's gotta be a list!

#2772 4 years ago

Is it just me or is there a lot more yellow (gold) in the light show since the latest code update? Looks pretty great.

#2773 4 years ago

Loaded v1.26 tonight and it looks great!

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

My rubber is starting to disintegrate too. I'm wondering if a rubber dressing like this would work well with the rubber? It act like a conditioner for the rubber and absorbs into it, keeping it from being too dry and brittle. I use this stuff on my car around all the rubber trim and it lasts for a very long time. Not sure if it would affect ball movement though.
20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png

#2775 4 years ago

I think 1.25 has a bug with the magnet.

When I shoot the Kid shot empty, it doesn't grab with the magnet, instead dropping it immediately back (and even launching it at times with the tap-tap animation!)

When the diverter puts the ball on the magnet, it sticks just fine.

This appears to be new to 1.25, anyone else?

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I shoot the Kid shot empty, it doesn't grab with the magnet, instead dropping it immediately back (and even launching it at times with the tap-tap animation!)

It's fixed, DL 1.26

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

It's fixed, DL 1.26

1.26 only fixed the super lock issue at start of game?

#2778 4 years ago

This is madness in my opinion. Did you try playing around with the level of the machine first? I probably get 1 out 50 genuine SDTMs from the pops, and that’s without nudging. Yes, the ball is put in danger, but that’s what pops are designed to do! I’ve played 2 other machines and also didn’t get chronic SDTMs.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

This is madness in my opinion. Did you try playing around with the level of the machine first? I probably get 1 out 50 genuine SDTMs from the pops, and that’s without nudging. Yes, the ball is put in danger, but that’s what pops are designed to do! I’ve played 2 other machines and also didn’t get chronic SDTMs.

It is. I tested mine a few weeks ago , to see if I should just accept it or stop getting aggravated by it. I think 1 out of three is my ratio. I had a game a few days back where I scored only the pop points, 3 plunges to the pops , 3 auto launch , didn’t bat a ball once.

This is a fix for my particular game, my choice .. I am fully aware , that all games are different. Been through pop-issues with twd, and that ended in selling and re-buying another
Which played great .

I like randomness, don’t get me wrong just not cheap and as often it was

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Me as well. About 1 in 50. I wonder what the game designer(s) intended?!?? I own a Twilight Zone, and the pop bumper situation on that game is FAR worse. I don't see people blocking the power playfield exit into the pops and creating a new exit on the side....

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same issue.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Me as well. About 1 in 50. I wonder what the game designer(s) intended?!?? I own a Twilight Zone, and the pop bumper situation on that game is FAR worse. I don't see people blocking the power playfield exit into the pops and creating a new exit on the side....

If it was 1 in 50 like yours I would say the same, and leave all alone. I’m only putting my fix on here in case anyone else has an excessive stdm game too.

Its not blocking the shot either, it’s actually made it harder to hit the left orbit . All It does is stop cheap bounce out into the middle but it still can and does lets say 1 in 50 See It more as an adjustable outlane (pop)post But I get what you’re saying

Its become instantly more enjoyable, and no more timing out orbit involved modes or completely avoiding spinner rips.

And will ask again. Is it designed so that every right side loop shot ends in the pops. Or does it fly by on a clean hit? Never had that happen yet . Might change things if that’s the case

#2783 4 years ago

Same, started on 1.25 and continues on into 1.26 n

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

And will ask again. Is it designed so that every right side loop shot ends in the pops. Or does it fly by on a clean hit? Never had that happen yet . Might change things if that’s the case

Yes, it’s designed like that. Like Aerosmith and Kiss.

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Yes, it’s designed like that. Like Aerosmith and Kiss.

Had both of those..not happening in Willy, maybe I need to check in the back under the ramps to see what’s happening

#2786 4 years ago

Im hearing more call outs in 1.25 am I imagining that?

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Im hearing more call outs in 1.25 am I imagining that?

Nope definitely some new ones!

MikeTV "Lights camera action!"
Wonka @ endgame "Entire day wasted!" lol

#2788 4 years ago

I have also noticed a few new callouts as well as the magnet issue. Loving this game!

#2789 4 years ago

The “ whole day wasted “ makes me smile every time

#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I wonder what the game designer(s) intended?!?? I own a Twilight Zone, and the pop bumper situation on that game is FAR worse. I don't see people blocking the power playfield exit into the pops and creating a new exit on the side....

Twilight Zone and Willy Wonka - same designer.

LTG : )

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I have also noticed a few new callouts as well as the magnet issue. Loving this game!

I reported the magnet issue to JJPSoftware on Twitter - which AFAIK is the official pipeline for reporting these things. They can't reproduce it.

It's not just me though, based on this thread.

#2792 4 years ago

Two months in, I have to say this machine is brilliant. When you hit your shots it feels so good, because when you miss your shots, you're severely punished. It makes my STTNG blush (that's a huge compliment). As of now, I'm only half way thru figuring out the rule set, that also makes my STTNG blush (another big compliment).

As far as the pop bumper drains, yeah it does, quite often. That's pinball guys. My advice is staying away from the pops. It's a very fun challenge.

#2793 4 years ago

Just a little rule question to you lucky owners in the know. To get the golden ticket for kid multiball you need 5 jackpots, then the double and the super. Can the 5 be any combination of kids or does it need to be one of each ? If one of each, does that mean you have have to play several kid multiballs in which among them you have qualified all 5 kids?

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Just a little rule question to you lucky owners in the know. To get the golden ticket for kid multiball you need 5 jackpots, then the double and the super. Can the 5 be any combination of kids or does it need to be one of each ? If one of each, does that mean you have have to play several kid multiballs in which among them you have qualified all 5 kids?

You need one of each. You can see which ones you’ve completed in the instant info page. You can do it in a single multiball if you bring all five kinds in, but it’s hard to hit anything with that many balls in play. I find it a bit easier to do it in two multiballs with three kids and two kids.

#2795 4 years ago

Have i mentioned how good this pin really is lately? Lol. I have played more pinball since getting wonka than i have the past year combined. I just love playing it as its just plain fun and puts a smile on my face no matter what kind of day I'm having.....that's what a great pinball is supposed to do imo. I don't get how anyone cld not like this pin....

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have i mentioned how good this pin really is lately? Lol. I have played more pinball since getting wonka than i have the past year combined. I just love playing it as its just plain fun and puts a smile on my face no matter what kind of day I'm having.....that's what a great pinball is supposed to do imo. I don't get how anyone cld not like this pin....

I don't think it's that people don't like it. The issues are with the fact they are charging a premium price and are getting an inferior product. Simply throwing a bunch of money at something then turning a blind eye to it's shortcomings is really an awful way to go about things.

#2797 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me what the number on the pink pipe means on the LCD?

The number changes during gameplay but I haven’t figured out what triggers it.

#2798 4 years ago

Is anyone having issues with this latest update? I just did The update and I’m not getting registered when the ball goes in the saucer about 1 of 10 times it will go into ball search and for some reason it would registered afterwards. I’m assuming it’s a bug.

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The issues are with the fact they are charging a premium price and are getting an inferior product.

I’ve never played a pin with a more immersive experience (light, sound, video). There are a bazillion shots and they all matter and are all delightful. Yes, the pin is expensive. Inferior, though? I don’t get it.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Is anyone having issues with this latest update? I just did The update and I’m not getting registered when the ball goes in the saucer about 1 of 10 times it will go into ball search and for some reason it would registered afterwards. I’m assuming it’s a bug.

Does it bleep bloop the whole time it’s in the saucer? If so try cleaning that opto - I just rubbed it with my finger and the problem stopped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/56?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.