IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 279.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

This one is absolute keeper. Shoots so smooth with hit after hit after hit of satisfying shots. It punishes you appropriately for missing them and rewards you for improving. I like the unpredictability while being a newbie LE owner. It will take a long time to figure out without reading the rules, which is how I’ve decided to tackle this one. The kids LOVE it! If Wonka is a theme that speaks to you, I doubt you’ll be disappointed...

I like the mixture of games you have. Good collection.

#2702 4 years ago

Do the majority of Wonka players leave the posts removed that are between the flippers and on the drain chute in the far left, or are they supposed to be installed? I want to play and achieve high scores as how it was intended. Jersey Jack left them off when unpacking my LE, so i am assuming that is how they want you to play the game?

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Do the majority of Wonka players leave the posts removed that are between the flippers and on the drain chute in the far left, or are they supposed to be installed? I want to play and achieve high scores as how it was intended. Jersey Jack left them off when unpacking my LE, so i am assuming that is how they want you to play the game?

Between the flippers? Also i bought my le used and the left outlane has a post installed in the lowest hole... im keeping it like this bc the game is still difficult with brutal outlanes.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Between the flippers? Also i bought my le used and the left outlane has a post installed in the lowest hole... im keeping it like this bc the game is still difficult with brutal outlanes.

Maybe there isnt a screw hole between my flippers. But there is definitely one for the left outlane. The balls drops through there a lot without the post installed, but i feel like im handicapping myself too much if i put it on, so I'm not sure what to do as how it was designed and intended

#2705 4 years ago

I will say, Willy Wonka is inching its way to the top of my wish list. It amazes me how Pat Lawlor keeps coming up with new and innovative layouts. Where does this inspiration come from? It seems to me the rules are delightful chaos, that everying stacks with everything else so goal is going to be figuring out what to combine with what. Granted, I‘ve only played a few games at a distro, but in the second game after starting Gobstopper multiball I discovered after draining I‘d completed the Fizz room mode and collected a golden ticket - no idea how. I like the way there is so much information in the display and then there’s that light show - wow! I hope the prices on the SE come down a bit. They still cost more than a DISE here.

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like the way there is so much information in the display and then there’s that light show - wow

The light show is excellent on this game, especially when you play with the house lights dimmed or off. This machine feels like it just needs some good toy mods to feel complete, as the movie has many gizmos and contraptions to do so.

#2707 4 years ago

Per Jersey Jack employee who coded the machine, no posts.

#2708 4 years ago

Maybe there isnt a screw hole between my flippers. But there is definitely one for the left outlane. The balls drops through there a lot without the post installed, but i feel like im handicapping myself too much if i put it on, so I'm not sure what to do as how it was designed and intended

It defaults without the post because it is designed to suck quarters/ dollars on location. The same designers and coders who talked about this being the intended setup also conceded that if you had the game for home use, installing the post was not a bad thing.

I installed my left hand post and have been very pleased with the results. The game is still tough but no longer feels cheap. Note: you will need to remove the smaller rubber from between the post between the two left outlanes and use it on the new post or else the ball will get stuck.

#2709 4 years ago

The light show is excellent on this game, especially when you play with the house lights dimmed or off. This machine feels like it just needs some good toy mods to feel complete, as the movie has many gizmos and contraptions to do so.

I bought my le with lots of 3d painted mods... really added to the look

#2710 4 years ago

Finally achieved a third Golden Ticket! Gumball, Gobstopper and Factory.....progress!

#2711 4 years ago

I asked the same question, most agreed a post in the lower hole makes sense for home use.

Mine still is tough as nails to play but left v right is now more balanced, and I don’t get the bounce out anymore when I decide not to use the top left Flipper and let it roll down

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Finally achieved a third Golden Ticket! Gumball, Gobstopper and Factory.....progress!

I've still never gotten a second one. Please watch my videos (twitch.tv/nspinball) and give me tips!

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've still never gotten a second one. Please watch my videos (twitch.tv/nspinball) and give me tips!

Its going to happen Derek!

Its all do-able , thats the trick in this game, just never seems to happen in that one game you always hope for.. Ive only once had 2

I had 4 gobstoppers yesterday , into level 3 wonkavator, 11 of the 12 inserts lit, Oompa Loompa ready to go with 2 balls left.. so 2 maybe 3 seemed to be possible

You can guess what happened next..

Drained those 2 so fast couldn’t even start oompa it was over before I knew it

..hits start

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I saw your stream a bit last night. You were talking about not going for the super skill shot. I was in the same boat until I watched Skip playing on the Buffalo stream. He was always going for it and making it some of the time. I started trying that and saw an instant improvement. That alone helped me get to the factory golden ticket much faster. I've also taken to manually plunging before the auto-plunger can kick it out. That's a lot harder, but it's super useful, especially at the start of gobstopper multiball. It usually allows me to get an easy double jackpot on the camera ramp to start it off. I also aim for the kid multiball start shot early to try to get the super spinner shot on my first ball. Getting over 50 Wonka Bars on the first ball can do a lot to boost your score.

#2715 4 years ago

After two fun days of playing my LE, it will now not boot up. Nothing is displayed on the LCDs, and no computer fans spin. All I hear is a faint hum when i power on, so i know it's getting power. I read on here this could happen if you turn the pinball machine on and quickly turn it back off, which is the last thing i did before this happened.

From what i read, I think i have to place a jumper on the reset pins on the motherboard. I couldnt figure out how to get to the motherboard after removing the translite. Is there a thread on Pinside showing how to do this? It doesnt have to be specifically for Wonka, any JJP game is probably built similarly

#2716 4 years ago

After two fun days of playing my LE, it will now not boot up. Nothing is displayed on the LCDs, and no computer fans spin. All I hear is a faint hum when i power on, so i know it's getting power. I read on here this could happen if you turn on and quickly turn back off, which is the last thing i did before this happened.
From what i read, I think i have to place a jumper on the reset pins on the motherboard. I couldnt figure out how to get to the motherboard after removing the translite. How does the LCD come off?

AFAIK that jumper business was on early WOZ machines. I've not heard this on modern JJPs. I would get some guidance from JJP support on this.

As for the LCD - it's held on by magnets, you can just pull it straight off believe it or not!

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I saw your stream a bit last night. You were talking about not going for the super skill shot. I was in the same boat until I watched Skip playing on the Buffalo stream. He was always going for it and making it some of the time. I started trying that and saw an instant improvement. That alone helped me get to the factory golden ticket much faster. I've also taken to manually plunging before the auto-plunger can kick it out. That's a lot harder, but it's super useful, especially at the start of gobstopper multiball. It usually allows me to get an easy double jackpot on the camera ramp to start it off. I also aim for the kid multiball start shot early to try to get the super spinner shot on my first ball. Getting over 50 Wonka Bars on the first ball can do a lot to boost your score.

Great tips Weedlum, much appreciated. I will try them out!

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I would get some guidance from JJP support on this.

Did Steve help you ?

If so this picture will help.

LTG : )

jumpstart (resized).jpgjumpstart (resized).jpg
#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Steve help you ?
LTG : )[quoted image]

So is that jumper to boot still a thing on modern JJP machines?

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So is that jumper to boot still a thing on modern JJP machines?

Not sure. The other tech Steve suggested it. Outside of WOZ, I haven't heard of it on other JJP games.

Won't hurt anything to try if game is dead, but has power to service outlet.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Steve help you ?

I got it fixed. Had to short the two PWR pins on the motherboard as suggested by him. Thank you.

Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

#2722 4 years ago

I got it fixed. Had to short the two PWR pins on the motherboard as suggested by him. Thank you.
Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

I would recommend hooking up a keyboard to your system and entering the system bios so you can set your power return settings correctly. The system should be set to "turn-on" when power is applied to operate correctly, I believe. Maybe your system got messed up somehow.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2723 4 years ago

If you turned it off before a full boot up, you did it.

JJP games like to be fully booted up before turning them off.

#2724 4 years ago

WHOAH.....new code dropped today! TONS of changes:

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2018-9 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 01.25 October 7, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12 & V01.13 & V01.14.

=== Game Code
+ Added Wonka Bar Ransom mode at 200 bars
+ Added golden bonus levels at 300 & 400 Wonka bars
+ Added Golden Ticket difficulty adjustments for all tickets
+ Added speech in various places
* Small tweaks to Wonka's Office rule & scoring
* Updated 3rd golden ticket choreo
* 2X Wonka Bars now will award 2 bars per spin on one time super spinner shots
* Increased scoring for Dots! Dots! Dots!, Slugworth Multiball
* Updated Wonkavator Multiball scoring
* Increased hurry up time for Violet and Augustus
* Updated motion detection attract mode logic
* Corrected a rare potential crash in Kid Multiball
* Fixed a bug where Computer Award Modes didn't pause timers correctly
* Various other bug fixes and improvements
+ Updated game to handle a coin-op preset setup
- NOTE: The below changes apply *ONLY* when installing coin-op preset
(via the standard coin-op preset or the new operator shortcut)
- Easier Gobstopper Multiball
- Wonka Bars do NOT reset ever
- Scrumdidilyumptious is no longer a combo rule until its completed once
- Kid Multiball stays lit all the time even after drain
- All Factory Tour Modes start game 1 hit away from being qualified
- Super X Qualifying shots now include the center loop shot
- 1 Super Lock is lit at Game Start
- Computer Award Modes are added to computer sooner

=== Core Code
+ Updated top level menu with new operator setup shortcut
- NOTE: this setup changes the rules slightly for a casual pinball audience

#2725 4 years ago

Sweet... love this game

#2726 4 years ago

Damn the best game in 2019 just pushed itself further ahead.

#2727 4 years ago

Looks like JJP listened and Golden Tickets 3,4 and 5 difficulty will be adjustable? If so, that's GREAT news for ppl who aren't pinball wizards

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Looks like JJP listened and Golden Tickets 3,4 and 5 difficulty will be adjustable? If so, that's GREAT news for ppl who aren't pinball wizards

I was digging around in the settings a few days ago and there were always some settings to make those modes easier. However my better half forbids any changes that make the game easier as "that is cheating!"

#2729 4 years ago

Got an issue I’m unable to resolve. Randomly my Gobstopper VUK will just fire, usually once it starts, it will then continue to randomly fire every minute or so. No pattern. In fact sometimes it will randomly fire even if I never hit the Gobstopper lock. I’ve checked all connections and can’t see anything amiss. Also, everything works as intended in test mode. Thoughts?

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Got an issue I’m unable to resolve. Randomly my Gobstopper VUK will just fire, usually once it starts, it will then continue to randomly fire every minute or so. No pattern. In fact sometimes it will randomly fire even if I never hit the Gobstopper lock. I’ve checked all connections and can’t see anything amiss. Also, everything works as intended in test mode. Thoughts?

Sounds like a flaky or loose opto. Make sure they are seated properly.

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Damn the best game in 2019 just pushed itself further ahead.

Why? What did ACNC do?

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why? What did ACNC do?

ACNC fell to last place.

#2733 4 years ago

smalltownguy2 thanks for sharing the news on this.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

+ Added Wonka Bar Ransom mode at 200 bars
+ Added golden bonus levels at 300 & 400 Wonka bars

Looking forward to seeing how this ransom mode works, though at my house it will take a number of games to get to 200 Wonka bars. (The best on the machine so far is 267.) I'm curious as to how the inserts will reflect the 300/400 golden bonus levels since the max on the playfield is 200. Maybe using different colors or something along those lines?

* 2X Wonka Bars now will award 2 bars per spin on one time super spinner shots

I'm excited to give this a try - I love the one-time super spinner shots (when I can hit that upper left flipper lane shot that sets it up). To me this elevates 2X Wonka Bars quite a bit, whereas previously it was sort of just ok.

* Increased scoring for Dots! Dots! Dots!, Slugworth Multiball

This seems like a good move. My totals on Slugworth MB have always been pretty paltry.

#2734 4 years ago

I should have reached pure imagination by Tommorow , Looks like a walk in the park now...

That super lock at game start is a bit of a gimme though .. But for casual route play I get it .

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was digging around in the settings a few days ago and there were always some settings to make those modes easier. However my better half forbids any changes that make the game easier as "that is cheating!"

Yes, I leave everything at default too. I'd rather die a man hitting gutter balls than go to the kiosk and ask the attendant to put up the bumpers.

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Steve help you ?

LTG - Does sharing the diagram suggest that a manual is on the way? Admittedly, I’m a broken record, but since owning pins means maintenance and break/fix, a manual is really helpful.

#2737 4 years ago

Ordered my Wonka LE today. Got a factory tour and even got to meet Jack. So cool!!!

Attach29812_20191007_111809 (resized).jpgAttach29812_20191007_111809 (resized).jpg
#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like a flaky or loose opto. Make sure they are seated properly.

Ive wiggled the wires around. Is there anything specific to do since these don’t unplug?

#2739 4 years ago

Couple games on the 1.25 update. This game just keeps getting better and better! Super fun game. Was able to get 4 different types of multiballs, a frenzy, Oompa Loompa odyssey, other modes. Still don’t know what I’m doing but can tell that the upgrade is improving progress in the game. The kids (8 and 10) were more engaged too which is great. More call outs. It appeared there were more video clips too but unsure. 2M points. The light show: AMAZING!

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

LTG - Does sharing the diagram suggest that a manual is on the way? Admittedly, I’m a broken record, but since owning pins means maintenance and break/fix, a manual is really helpful.

That diagram wasn't in any manual. I believe someone here on Pinside made it.

Butch is working on the manual. He's done the others. No idea when it will be on the website. Should be soon. No idea if there will be a printed one or not.

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Ive wiggled the wires around. Is there anything specific to do since these don’t unplug?

Just make sure the are all seated properly. I was thinking they may not be and the vibration during game play was causing them to trigger and the coil to fire. Maybe vuk switch is having an issue?

#2742 4 years ago

Got my LE a few days ago and FINALLY had the chance to really play it last night (and with the new code). Good gravy, this game is ridiculously excellent. I have no idea what I’m doing at this point but it’s fun fun fun.

#2743 4 years ago

Just updated the code to 1.25 and played a few games. I believe I noticed a few new scenes with speech, including at the factory gates and entering the factory. I do hate the ball going sdtm from the pops, very cheap drain. I’ll have to see if I can fix that, maybe a thicker rubber on the post above the gob stopper to deflect it.

#2744 4 years ago

After the 1.25 update, I feel like the slings are annoyingly overactive....lots of unnecessary extra thwacks. Anyone else notice this?

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

After the 1.25 update, I feel like the slings are annoyingly overactive....lots of unnecessary extra thwacks. Anyone else notice this?

Ok, maybe it's not the update. It might just be me finally noticing that my right sling overdoes it a bit...even when I just do the coil test. For the left sling, a single tap of the start button gives 1-3 thwacks of the sling, but for the right sling, a single tap seems to yield 2-6ish thwacks. Is there an adjustment of some sort that I can make to normalize things a bit?

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just make sure the are all seated properly. I was thinking they may not be and the vibration during game play was causing them to trigger and the coil to fire. Maybe vuk switch is having an issue?

Maybe I’m overlooking something. The wires going to the VUK, appear to be directly connected? They don’t seem like they can be unplugged or “reseated”.

In addition to the VUK coil randomly going off, the subway coil will also randomly start firing, just on a more quicker interval like every second. I’ve attached a YouTube video that shows the game on, and PF lifted enough to record the coil firing.

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Ok, maybe it's not the update. It might just be me finally noticing that my right sling overdoes it a bit...even when I just do the coil test. For the left sling, a single tap of the start button gives 1-3 thwacks of the sling, but for the right sling, a single tap seems to yield 2-6ish thwacks. Is there an adjustment of some sort that I can make to normalize things a bit?

Pretty common issue (search "shotgunning" slingshots.) What you want is a leaf switch adjustment tool which is basically a piece of metal with a slot cut into it. You slide it over the leaf blade and bend it slightly so there's a little bit bigger gap.

Do not try and do this with needlenose or something, it twists the leaf.

I've found this to a be a common issue as the machines wear in a bit. The elasticity of the rubber changes and then maybe you're too sensitive (or not sensitive enough.)

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Maybe I’m overlooking something. The wires going to the VUK, appear to be directly connected? They don’t seem like they can be unplugged or “reseated”.
In addition to the VUK coil randomly going off, the subway coil will also randomly start firing, just on a more quicker interval like every second. I’ve attached a YouTube video that shows the game on, and PF lifted enough to record the coil firing.

I was referring to the optos being seated properly. Check the switches that activate the coil(s), the coils fire when the switch is activated. You can put the game in switch test mode and I’d bet the switches associated with those coils are active.

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just updated the code to 1.25 and played a few games. I believe I noticed a few new scenes with speech, including at the factory gates and entering the factory. I do hate the ball going sdtm from the pops, very cheap drain. I’ll have to see if I can fix that, maybe a thicker rubber on the post above the gob stopper to deflect it.

We shake the machine as it exits the pops to defend against it. It is by far the one design choice I take issue with on this game, very aggressive and hostile.

I hate when I forget to do the shimmy and it sails perfectly SDTM as it cleanly exits the orbit.

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I noticed this on mine too when first got it a couple weeks ago. Took the sling rubbers of and put them back on. Fixed the shotgunning issue without having to adjust the leaf gaps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/55?hl=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.