IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,946 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 279.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Wow, nice score
I love playing this thing , so close every time tot that 5th gob stopper .. still no office!

Forget Gobstopper for now. Finish the factory tour by starting all 12 factory insert modes. Easiest way to a 2nd ticket and Wonka's Office. Hit the captive ball to qualify modes, hit the orbits to qualify modes, and hit the factory ramp or factory stand-up during hurry up to qualify modes. Start your modes at the TV scoop.

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I have a few questions.....
1) does anyone have an issue when two balls get diverted to the left upper flipper from the ramp? If there's a ball in there and I hit that left ramp causing another to be loaded, they just sit there until I shake the machine
2) is that left ramp an actual ball lock, or just a mech to divert the ball to the upper left flipper? I don't recall any balls locking in there in the 50+ games I have played so far
3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.
Loving the game so far ....its my first JJP as well so I am not as savvy with troubleshooting it as the other brands

For #3, lower the Wonkavator release time in settings to the minimum. I think it is 190. That fixed it for me.

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Forget Gobstopper for now. Finish the factory tour by starting all 12 factory insert modes. Easiest way to a 2nd ticket and Wonka's Office. Hit the captive ball to qualify modes, hit the orbits to qualify modes, and hit the factory ramp or factory stand-up during hurry up to qualify modes. Start your modes at the TV scoop.

Well i just want to get the 5th.. so close yesterday , 4th collected but seemed endless ramps to get a 5th ready ..
I’m close to 700 games in now , my leaderboard is full of 4 million scores and now trying to see what I am doing wrong , homing in on specific things to understand them.

I measured my pf angle, that was at 7,5, so now to 6,7. The bubble was way of . This has made it easier to keep the ball in the saucer.

What Im hoping for as info from other owners

Left wonkavision shot ends in pops, always.

Spinner loop ends in pops always,

full plunge ends in pops , always.

Left loop makes it occasionally ,( aim better

Is this the way its supposed to be, or are they meant to swing back round to the flippers?

I can’t avoid making these shots to progress, and the pops returns are so stdm evil

Hoping someone can fill me in , Thanks.

#2654 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just in case you want a laugh- our latest offering in Wonka. Love this game - but it still kicks our ass!

Awesome video guys! Very entertaining, looks super fun!

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Left wonkavision shot ends in pops, always.
Spinner loop ends in pops always,
full plunge ends in pops , always.
Left loop makes it occasionally ,( aim better
Is this the way its supposed to be, or are they meant to swing back round to the flippers?

My SE and an LE I played in the field are exactly the same.
I have to assume it is evil genius designed to drain.

One thing we do is shake a bit as it comes out of the pops to mitigate.

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My SE and an LE I played in the field are exactly the same.
I have to assume it is evil genius designed to drain.
One thing we do is shake a bit as it comes out of the pops to mitigate.

Happy and dissapointed to hear that. I ran a little test this afternoon , about a 100 balls into the pops , and 54 out of those went down the middle. And there is no saving these , just pray you get lucky..I like to at least feel a little in control of the ball, progressively get better the longer you own a game .

Now if this was genius design, I’m hard pressed to see it. How are succesfull shots to be rewarded with inconsistent delivery’s
I’m all for getting my ass kicked for missing shots by the way .

I love super spinner mode , but there’s not a chance in hell on my particular game to succesfully pull off 2/3 consecutive rips ..its starting to become annoying. I would understand if the rules were easier, but there’s too much to achieve here for pure imagination that relying on getting (un)lucky is hurting the enjoyment.

Kids have said they dont care if it goes .. ouch ;(

#2657 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I love super spinner mode , but there’s not a chance in hell on my particular game to succesfully pull off 2/3 consecutive rips

ProTip: If you shoot the Kid Multiball shot when it's not lit, Super Spinner is briefly lit. This is a good way to boost Wonka bars early in the game.

#2658 4 years ago

I will also say...the difficulty (and sometimes frustration) is high but for some reason we keep coming back for more.

It is our most heavily played game right now, and the trapping/catching/nudging skills we were forced to adopt to survive have made us better players on all the rest of our pins.

Pure Imagination seems like an unreachable goal, but then we see people in here achieve it so it's gotta be possible! This moves us to keep trying.

Also watch http://twitch.tv/l33tsandman who is a strong player too, might get tips there.

My wife will not let me do anything to make it easier - no outlane posts, no difficulty/goal adjustments in software.

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will also say...the difficulty (and sometimes frustration) is high but for some reason we keep coming back for more.
It is our most heavily played game right now, and the trapping/catching/nudging skills we were forced to adopt to survive have made us better players on all the rest of our pins.
Pure Imagination seems like an unreachable goal, but then we see people in here achieve it so it's gotta be possible! This moves us to keep trying.
Also watch twitch.tv/l33tsandman who is a strong player too, might get tips there.
My wife will not let me do anything to make it easier - no outlane posts, no difficulty/goal adjustments in software.

Same here, I refuse to adjust anything , it would void all previous scores..

We put up as many games on wonka in 7 weeks as we did in 10 months of potc. Thats quite something. And Yes I keep hitting start over and over..

I just had a game where I got shafted by the pop exit , ending up with 12k. Grr.. new game, I score my new GC of 4,45mil, one more.. 54k.. the pops kill me again.

Im happy with my new GC, but it feels so weird next to such terrible pro and after games . Like I luck it or something. I would just like to achieve more constant scores .

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Same here, I refuse to adjust anything , it would void all previous scores..
We put up as many games on wonka in 7 weeks as we did in 10 months of potc. Thats quite something. And Yes I keep hitting start over and over..
I just had a game where I got shafted by the pop exit , ending up with 12k. Grr.. new game, I score my new GC of 4,45mil, one more.. 54k.. the pops kill me again.
Im happy with my new GC, but it feels so weird next to such terrible pro and after games . Like I luck it or something. I would just like to achieve more constant scores .

I lowered the pops setting by -2 and testing it out to see if it helps with the STDM. It helps but you still get some not as much

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I feel exactly the same. Watching other players like SkipNatty and l33tsandman who -do- put up consistent scores give me hope that my skills can one day grow to that point.

I just had a 1.89M game and feel good about that, as I haven’t been able to beat 1.7 and get on my HS board for at least a month!

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I lowered the pops setting by -2 and testing it out to see if it helps with the STDM. It helps but you still get some not as much

Yeah I read your post about that earlier so adjusted that. It didnt seem to make much change for me. I have slightly raised the gobstopper plate back up so its level again with the pf. I noticed slow balls follow the curve and nicely place the ball stdm ..

I just dont get the comments on “how smooth loops to ramps to loop to ramps “ are.

I can ramp-ramp-ramp, sometimes loop ramp ramp but never consecutive looping

#2663 4 years ago

Wonka’s Office reached! Three shots in.. aaand.. over

#2664 4 years ago

My game is at 7 degrees and it's very seldom I get a STDM from the pops. Almost never. Not sure what is different, but I mention it because not all games do this. I haven't adjusted anything in terms of strength of pops in the settings. But, the game does kick my butt. It is designed to be very difficult.

#2665 4 years ago

It seems to me,the left to right
level would make the biggest difference.Mine is level between flippers and up as high as I can with a torpedo level.I sdtm about 2 out of 10 times

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

My game is at 7 degrees and it's very seldom I get a STDM from the pops. Almost never. Not sure what is different, but I mention it because not all games do this. I haven't adjusted anything in terms of strength of pops in the settings. But, the game does kick my butt. It is designed to be very difficult.

I had a twd that drove me stdm. nuts out of the pops , adjusted it but no help. Sold it.

My second one was a joy, no problems with that at all do I guess every wonka is different too. Lets see if I can tweak it so its more consistent.

Dont mind a hard game, as long as its fair

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel exactly the same. Watching other players like ShipNatty and l33tsandman who -do- put up consistent scores give me hope that my skills can one day grow to that point.
I just had a 1.89M game and feel good about that, as I haven’t been able to beat 1.7 and get on my HS board for at least a month!

To be fair, l33t is a monster on Wonka. But the fun think about Wonka, is like someone mentioned above...you can have a 12k, 3 minute game, then go right into a 5 million game out of nowhere.

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I had a twd that drove me stdm. nuts out of the pops , adjusted it but no help. Sold it.
My second one was a joy, no problems with that at all do I guess every wonka is different too. Lets see if I can tweak it so its more consistent.
Dont mind a hard game, as long as its fair

Yeah, my TWD as well has no issues with STDM from the pops. I did put the larger rubber on the post near, that was recommended in the TWD thread some time ago. I do get it every so often, but it's a rare occurrence. Same on Wonka. There must be a way to change something to fix it. Lots of times the magnets save the ball for me. Someone mentioned here that the recent code change helped with STDMs by having the magnets guide it, but I'm not sure if that's true. The killer for me on this game is the outlanes!

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Mezal’s Factory & tubes mod is a must![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks too cheap & tacky in person. I’d stay with the LE’s factory sparkle blue.

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Happy and dissapointed to hear that. I ran a little test this afternoon , about a 100 balls into the pops , and 54 out of those went down the middle. And there is no saving these , just pray you get lucky..I like to at least feel a little in control of the ball, progressively get better the longer you own a game .
Now if this was genius design, I’m hard pressed to see it. How are succesfull shots to be rewarded with inconsistent delivery’s
I’m all for getting my ass kicked for missing shots by the way .
I love super spinner mode , but there’s not a chance in hell on my particular game to succesfully pull off 2/3 consecutive rips ..its starting to become annoying. I would understand if the rules were easier, but there’s too much to achieve here for pure imagination that relying on getting (un)lucky is hurting the enjoyment.
Kids have said they dont care if it goes .. ouch ;(

Add that to the myriad QC issues and JJP better get the CE’s out soon or they’ll be looking at cancellations before they know it.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel exactly the same. Watching other players like SkipNatty and l33tsandman who -do- put up consistent scores give me hope that my skills can one day grow to that point.

Good luck with that, they have the outlane post installed...

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Good luck with that, they have the outlane post installed...

Sandman does but Skip does not.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Looks too cheap & tacky in person. I’d stay with the LE’s factory sparkle blue.

Shut the fuck up,nobody cares what you think here.

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.

Quoted from jlatko:

For #3, lower the Wonkavator release time in settings to the minimum. I think it is 190. That fixed it for me.

We had Wonkavator release problems also. Adjusting the release time helped some for us, but not always. BTW, I found that it helped more to *increase* the delay - it seemed that the plastic pin was coming back too soon and blocking the 3rd ball.

However, the real solution for us was to install latest code (1.14) and set the Wonkavator release time back to default per the release note. Since then, we have not had any balls stick in the Wonkavator at beginning of multiball. See 2nd "*" below.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.14 September 3, 2019 ==
==============================================================================

* Improved upper left flipper magnet firing to avoid overheating.
* Improved Wonkavator ball release firing time to avoid trapping a ball.
- NOTE: We recommend changing Elevator Lock Release Time back to default (210)
* Fixed Wonkavator Multiball Super Jackpot issue when dropping two balls in
the Gobstopper hole at nearly the same time.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

#2675 4 years ago

Hi folks,

Has anyone got a list together of the rubber sizes for Wonka? I've got enough love on this machine that I'm starting to break them - I can tell you the one above the right slings is a 1.5 inch ID.

I want to order 2 full sets to have on hand, but I don't want to remove all of them to measure.

Maybe LTG knows?

#2676 4 years ago

I used to order a big plastic box of allsorts suzo happ every once in a while , its got pretty much every size in there and enough to do a few games and spare.

That should keep you going for now

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I used to order a big plastic box of allsorts suzo happ every once in a while , its got pretty much every size in there and enough to do a few games and spare.
That should keep you going for now

Yeah I see Titan has a universal kit so I'm going for that for now I guess.

#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I see Titan has a universal kit so I'm going for that for now I guess.

We do really need someone from JJP to chime in with a kit though.

#2679 4 years ago

Those of you who got the early LEs like me, check you ramp/oompa/camera guard. The holes in mine were a little oblong and one side went through the bolt holding it on, trapping a ball. The other side was lose because the bolt was too long and bottomed out (by design?). I added washers to keep it in place.

20190930_200450 (resized).jpg20190930_200450 (resized).jpg20190930_201519 (resized).jpg20190930_201519 (resized).jpg
#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

We do really need someone from JJP to chime in with a kit though.

Actually, that would be more on the backs of the suppliers like Marco, Pinball Life, or Titan to chime in. The money on the table is theirs to lose.

#2681 4 years ago

First batch assembled.
Filling pre orders first official launch in the morning.
Item turned on in our pinside store.
Hookedonpinball.com
20190930_185009 (resized).jpg20190930_185009 (resized).jpg20190930_210333 (resized).jpg20190930_210333 (resized).jpg

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

First batch assembled.
Filling pre orders first official launch in the morning.
Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image]

count me in! Amazing work!

#2683 4 years ago

Once you have a good game on this machine, you really “get it”.....streams do NOT do this machine justice. AMAZING FUN. That is the 2 words that really describe Willy Wonka. Great job Jack and team, every game you guys make is completely different than the others and that is a GOOD thing! Crank the volume on this one, turn off the lights and enter the chocolate factory, you WILL smile in wonder and awe!

#2684 4 years ago

It really is great, and so many ways you can approach it. I got to Wonka’s Office last night for the first time, how friggin’ cool. It got me wondering, the code seems pretty complete to me, but do people think there’s a chance we’ll get mini wizard modes after golden ticket #3 and #4? At the moment we have special stuff happening after #1, #2 and #3.

Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Once you have a good game on this machine, you really “get it”.....streams do NOT do this machine justice. AMAZING FUN. That is the 2 words that really describe Willy Wonka. Great job Jack and team, every game you guys make is completely different than the others and that is a GOOD thing! Crank the volume on this one, turn off the lights and enter the chocolate factory, you WILL smile in wonder and awe!

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

It really is great, and so many ways you can approach it. I got to Wonka’s Office last night for the first time, how friggin’ cool. It got me wondering, the code seems pretty complete to me, but do people think there’s a chance we’ll get mini wizard modes after golden ticket #3 and #4? At the moment we have special stuff happening after #1, #2 and #3.

Doesn't Most Secret Machine light after 4? (I've never made it to Wonka's Office even after owning the game for 3 months) I agree that something after the 3rd ticket would be nice. I also wouldn't mind seeing High Score listings for some of the modes that don't have them like Wonkatania Mania.

#2686 4 years ago

I can not get my machine upgraded to 1.14. I have 1.09 now, it ran the update once, then finished and was still saying 1.09. Now if I try again it says nothing at the root directory. I reformatted my USB , redownloaded and unzipped again but no luck. 1.09 is fine but I'd like to get the fixes that 1.14 has.

#2687 4 years ago

Wonka in a nutshel in 3 takes .

warm up game , GC game and a complete house one courtesy of the pop exit..

A1A1F340-5AC7-4DC9-87AD-34F2F398D289 (resized).jpegA1A1F340-5AC7-4DC9-87AD-34F2F398D289 (resized).jpeg
#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I can not get my machine upgraded to 1.14. I have 1.09 now, it ran the update once, then finished and was still saying 1.09. Now if I try again it says nothing at the root directory. I reformatted my USB , redownloaded and unzipped again but no luck. 1.09 is fine but I'd like to get the fixes that 1.14 has.

I would get a different brand thumb drive. It should be 8 - 16GB and should have nothing else on it, except what is needed for the upgrade.

#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Doesn't Most Secret Machine light after 4? (I've never made it to Wonka's Office even after owning the game for 3 months) I agree that something after the 3rd ticket would be nice. I also wouldn't mind seeing High Score listings for some of the modes that don't have them like Wonkatania Mania.

Yeah that would be good, and an average score in audits would be nice too .

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Wonka in a nutshel in 3 takes .
warm up game , GC game and a complete house one courtesy of the pop exit.. [quoted image]

That's the evil genius. It gives you just enough success and hope to keep you playing, then punches you in the face repeatedly.

It drives me crazy but I love it and can't stop playing it.

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's the evil genius. It gives you just enough success and hope to keep you playing, then punches you in the face repeatedly.
It drives me crazy but I love it and can't stop playing it.

Yeah, I stood up after that nut-punch and pressed start again. Wanted to teach it a lesson ..

#2692 4 years ago

I'm very close to buying my first pinball machine, a Wonka LE. I noticed Jerseyjack's website doesnt charge tax if you're out of State. I live in California. Does this shithole State hold people ransom and force payment of Use Tax, or is it supposed to voluntarily be paid?

#2693 4 years ago

Geographically amazing, but functionally as you describe...

Three examples I know of: 1. I bought a machine from overseas, didn’t pay tax on purchase date. Received a bill from the state later to pay the tax. Probably was tracked down due to customs paperwork. 2. I recently bought NIB from local CA distributor and tax was charged at time of purchase. 3. A local friend and fellow pinsider has purchased multiple machines NIB from out of state distributors and has not, to this date, been charged tax.

#2694 4 years ago

Just put down a deposit for the CE, kinda nervous as I have not had a chance to flip this one yet. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.

#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just put down a deposit for the CE, kinda nervous as I have not had a chance to flip this one yet. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.

Pbhof doesn't have one?

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I was nervous too, and got an SE to test the waters while waiting on the CE. Don't worry, it's awesome.

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Pbhof doesn't have one?

Spent a good amount of time there last week, and they don’t have a Wonka yet.

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was nervous too, and got an SE to test the waters while waiting on the CE. Don't worry, it's awesome.

Thanks, for that kinda dough makes me a bit worried. Also hall of fame doesn’t have one. The closest place pinside has listed in in so cal. If I sell my Deadpool out there I will stop and try it out.

#2699 4 years ago

For me it took a couple hours of play to get its hooks in me. Your mileage may vary if you’re more skilled than me, which is likely.

At first I was very frustrated and nursing buyer’s remorse, but as I got deeper into the game and started seeing magic, I got hooked and have remained so for 3 months

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.

This one is absolute keeper. Shoots so smooth with hit after hit after hit of satisfying shots. It punishes you appropriately for missing them and rewards you for improving. I like the unpredictability while being a newbie LE owner. It will take a long time to figure out without reading the rules, which is how I’ve decided to tackle this one. The kids LOVE it! If Wonka is a theme that speaks to you, I doubt you’ll be disappointed...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,946 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/54?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.