IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 279.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

but can look past it instead of dwelling on them over and over and enjoy the game itself

And therein lies the issue. The more we "look past", the less likely these problems will go away.

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

As much as some would prefer that the many “issues” with this game be considered “normal” and insignificant, the fact is that the CE is being delayed as JJP attempts to correct them for that version (and perhaps any subsequent SE & LE production runs).
That tells me these issues are the opposite of normal & insignificant.

No this just shows a company trying to correct the mistake one of its vendors caused.It’s unfortunate that because of manufacturing changes both JJP and Stern are taking a hit.We don’t need you to teach or correct anything it’s being corrected.Maybe you and Kaneda can get together and have a nice little circle????

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on ... this is a club thread can you all take it to pm please.

Apologies, its hard sometimes not lashing out at d-bags..

Anyone with insight how the kid multiball collect works . I’ve been focusing on gobstopper and wonkavating for gold tickets , I left the kid one usually.. when I go for captive ball it always ends bad.
Lets say I qualify 2, collect 2, and drain . The left lane light wont be on afterwards, and the captive ball kid light for those 2isn’t flashing either.
How do I re-collect them, or are they still active but not shown on the left lane insert untill I requalify ?

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You have a choice of a piece of plastic with a sticker of some sort on it or this beautifully printed factory. Why does this particular mod have to be interactive? An opto inside to do what? And where are these happy meal mods I keep reading about?

switch could trigger lightly or spinning effects..

and come on man.. Happy Meal Mods have been a thing going all the way back to Tom's TZ mods era. The idea of finding small kids toys and sticking them on games.

You're just getting defensive now.

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Apologies, its hard sometimes not lashing out at d-bags..
Anyone with insight how the kid multiball collect works . I’ve been focusing on gobstopper and wonkavating for gold tickets , I left the kid one usually.. when I go for captive ball it always ends bad.
Lets say I qualify 2, collect 2, and drain . The left lane light wont be on afterwards, and the captive ball kid light for those 2isn’t flashing either.
How do I re-collect them, or are they still active but not shown on the left lane insert untill I requalify ?

You have to qualify and collect another kid if you drain. Collecting one more will show three kids collected to start the multiball. The only exception is if you have all five kids collected. Then the start multiball shot stays lit after draining because there’s no way to collect any more kids without starting the multiball.

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

this just shows a company trying to correct the mistake one of its vendors caused.It’s unfortunate that because of manufacturing changes both JJP and Stern are taking a hit

I deal with this at work all the time (dealing with one right now with a chinese vendor). You get a prototype sampling of 30 golden samples, and once production starts and they get a 10,000 piece order suddenly the quality goes down because the vendor decided to cheapen on processes and switch things out so they can increase their bottom line. You can put all the requirements in the world on the drawing, and a vendor will still do workarounds. Yes you can reject parts if they don't meet print, but then if you don't have 100% of your parts for assembly. Then production shuts down, product doesn't go out, and you start draining cash because you still have to pay your production workers. All the keyboard warriors in this thread that think JJP just doesn't care is untrue, some things are out of your control... Or you get lucky with good vendors, or things are brought in-house so you have complete control over quality.

#2607 4 years ago

I received new trough optos from Jersey Jack - sent quickly, which I appreciate. Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to remove/replace the opto with the larger connector? Remove the flipper solenoid, remove the trough, or something easier? Thanks.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I received new trough optos from Jersey Jack - sent quickly, which I appreciate. Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to remove/replace the opto with the larger connector? Remove the flipper solenoid, remove the trough, or something easier? Thanks.

Just pull the trough assembly, it’s easy.

#2609 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to remove/replace the opto with the larger connector?

Quoted from Frogman:

remove the trough,

Remove the apron. Remove the ball trough - two screws underneath and screws on top. No connector for coil so let the whole thing dangle. Then remove the ball trough boards. Shove the metal cylinder out of the rubber grommet, remove the rubber grommet. Put rubber grommet on new board, shove metal cylinder back through rubber grommet.

Reassemble.

LTG : )

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove the apron. Remove the ball trough - two screws underneath and screws on top. No connector for coil so let the whole thing dangle. Then remove the ball trough boards. Shove the metal cylinder out of the rubber grommet, remove the rubber grommet. Put rubber grommet on new board, shove metal cylinder back through rubber grommet.
Reassemble.

Thanks, LTG. Helpful, as usual. I was looking at the trough from the bottom, so your explanation perfect.

#2611 4 years ago

So this just happened..... also collected 3 golden tickets and saw wonka's office mode. The game is so amazing and is just so much fun to shoot. I just keep hitting the start button over and over20190924_000053 (resized).jpg20190924_000053 (resized).jpg

#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So this just happened..... also collected 3 golden tickets and saw wonka's office mode. The game is so amazing and is just so much fun to shoot. I just keep hitting the start button over and over[quoted image]

well done

#2613 4 years ago

Wow, nice score

I love playing this thing , so close every time tot that 5th gob stopper .. still no office!

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Wow, nice score
I love playing this thing , so close every time tot that 5th gob stopper .. still no office!

Im not sure what or how i did to even get 3 tickets lol. I usually get one but this is the first i got 3. I had a really good wonkavator mb and kid mb but i believe i bought gob stopper in with kid .

#2615 4 years ago

I got a Golden Ticket and joined the club
Picked up a Wonka LE yesterday morning

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg
#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I got a Golden Ticket and joined the club
Picked up a Wonka LE yesterday morning[quoted image]

Congratulations

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Update on NIB LE issues.
1. Completed update to 1.14
2. Have not fixed Gobstopper Subway/VUK issue yet
3. Wonkavator has two issues: a. Won’t accept balls into the VUK (when lit/prompted). b. VUK firing randomly.
Opened hood last night and had a look through. In Matrix, Elevator VUK switch will change from beige to green (inactive to active) sometimes randomly and sometimes with nudging the table. Further diagnosing whether electrical or mechanical will take me time/effort. Even though at this hobby for years, I’m still a beginner at fixing stuff. Have contacted distributor to see if can help get this brand new LE fully dialed in. Have no doubt that we will, just may take some time. Will continue to update ...

Update on NIB LE issues.
2. Gobstopper Subway/VUK : Distributor to come look at this with me and fix tonight (hopefully).
3. Wonkavator seems to have fixed itself? (too early to tell). I changed location of the game from downstairs to upstairs, and re-leveled it (this means its a keeper by the way - machines that go upstairs don't come back down easily). The random firings of the Wonkavator VUK did continue upon re-start upstairs, but thereafter I now have about 10 games on it WITHOUT any Wonkavator issues. Weird. Must just be sensitive switches...?

Distributor and myself to open her up tonight and dial it in (hopefully). Will keep posting updates until all working as should be. Still loving the game, but it is definitely more fun when working properly!

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Must just be sensitive switches...?

Loose connectors under playfield or in backbox. Reseat and be sure everything is on tight. Especially I/O board in the head.

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So this just happened..... also collected 3 golden tickets and saw wonka's office mode. The game is so amazing and is just so much fun to shoot. I just keep hitting the start button over and over[quoted image]

Now that's a Sweet score!

I'd play more but I'm stuck on hitting that JP2 over and over but soon I'll return to my beautiful Wonka

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Update on NIB LE issues.

2. Have not fixed Gobstopper Subway/VUK issue yet
3. Wonkavator has two issues: a. Won’t accept balls into the VUK (when lit/prompted). b. VUK firing randomly.

Happy to report all is well in Wonka land. Subway/VUK problem was exactly as described in previous posts, was fixed with shaving down the sleeve of the coil. Thank you all for that information!

Also, The Wonkavator is not having anymore issues. I believe Lloyd was correcting that it was probably loose wiring somewhere. Game is now firing 100%. First time purchasing through a distributor and happy I did. Even though relatively easy fixes, is nice to have someone knowledgeable helping out.

Game shoots like a dream!!!

#2621 4 years ago

Question for everyone - does your auto-launcher fire a ball each and every time a ball is saved? I'm noticing at times that when I drain and the ball is saved, the game kicks the ball into the shooter lane, but does not auto-launch it.

This may or may not coincide with the fact that the "ball saved" animation does not play whenever that happens too.

I'm fairly certain that the ball "should" have been saved when it does this, because I've either been in first-launch saver mode, or I'm in a 15-second ball saver award. But it seems like every now and then it saves the ball without the on-screen animation or voice call, and just drops the ball in the lane without auto-launching it.

Anyone see this?

and p.s. to JJP: you people are evil for the way you designed the factory ramp shot - it's damn near impossible for me to hit it with the left flipper reliably. That shot is SO tough!!

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Question for everyone - does your auto-launcher fire a ball each and every time a ball is saved? I'm noticing at times that when I drain and the ball is saved, the game kicks the ball into the shooter lane, but does not auto-launch it.
This may or may not coincide with the fact that the "ball saved" animation does not play whenever that happens too.
I'm fairly certain that the ball "should" have been saved when it does this, because I've either been in first-launch saver mode, or I'm in a 15-second ball saver award. But it seems like every now and then it saves the ball without the on-screen animation or voice call, and just drops the ball in the lane without auto-launching it.
Anyone see this?
and p.s. to JJP: you people are evil for the way you designed the factory ramp shot - it's damn near impossible for me to hit it with the left flipper reliably. That shot is SO tough!!

No that hasnt happened on on mine as far as I can tell. Using 1.13 code still.

Evil.. Yes thats sometimes what its best described as.. that ramp is hard indeed, but what about the pop return.
playing above average, you mis one shot or land the pops and you get sunk before you can blink..

Willy can be such a Wanka!

#2623 4 years ago

I get myself in a great ramp/ramp flow over and over...then make a small mistake, hit the "death target" next to it, and it's over.

Sometimes if I feel like I am not in sync with the factory ramp, I will just do left ramp loops. I leave the upper left flipper up, bump as it crosses to catch on the right flipper, then make the gobstopper ramp.

#2624 4 years ago

I have a few questions.....

1) does anyone have an issue when two balls get diverted to the left upper flipper from the ramp? If there's a ball in there and I hit that left ramp causing another to be loaded, they just sit there until I shake the machine

2) is that left ramp an actual ball lock, or just a mech to divert the ball to the upper left flipper? I don't recall any balls locking in there in the 50+ games I have played so far

3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.

Loving the game so far ....its my first JJP as well so I am not as savvy with troubleshooting it as the other brands

#2625 4 years ago

Its just that you cant start the factory tours if you leave the factory ramp alone.

Oh another thing, collect the first ticket, oompa loompa ready but you can start a tour unwanted and overide the wizard.. is that the way it is?, I always feel a little cheated when trying to shoot and starting a mode at the saucer to the right

#2626 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I have a few questions.....
1) does anyone have an issue when two balls get diverted to the left upper flipper from the ramp? If there's a ball in there and I hit that left ramp causing another to be loaded, they just sit there until I shake the machine
2) is that left ramp an actual ball lock, or just a mech to divert the ball to the upper left flipper? I don't recall any balls locking in there in the 50+ games I have played so far
3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.
Loving the game so far ....its my first JJP as well so I am not as savvy with troubleshooting it as the other brands

Make sure that you have the latest code installed. The last couple of versions had fixes for diverter and magnet issues. If you are on the latest code, remove the top cover over the diverter and check for loose bolts/nuts.

#2627 4 years ago

Also the wonkavator release timing can be adjusted in coil settings.

#2628 4 years ago

I get situations at times on my LE where the super lock is lit, I shoot the ball, it loads it in the wonkavator lock, then releases it. Once I did that twice in a row and it kept releasing it. The third time it locked it. Would this be a switch out of alignment or a software bug?

Thanks.

#2629 4 years ago

Yeah, that's a TIGHT shot- reminds me of Dirty Harry's right ramp shot

Quoted from zaphX:

make a small mistake, hit the "death target" next to it, and it's over.

VERY well said.

#2630 4 years ago

Quick question- It's been a while since the latest 1.14 code came out, and I've held off on installing it.
For those who've been using it- Is it working reliably now?

-Dan

#2631 4 years ago

Anyone see this?

I personally raised my flipper setting to +2 and it shots a lot better for me, also lowered my bumper setting -2 and testing the machine for less STDM so far so good..

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Quick question- It's been a while since the latest 1.14 code came out, and I've held off on installing it.
For those who've been using it- Is it working reliably now?
-Dan

No diverter or magnet issues for me now with the new code. I'm really glad that they looked into this and adjusted the code for it.

#2633 4 years ago

So can we take a moment to say how incredible the Wonka light show is??

I’ve really been appreciating the work in that lately. The whup-whup of Wonkatania, the super-colorful Gobstopper MB modes, etc.

Sometimes I even just watch the attract mode.

#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No diverter or magnet issues for me now with the new code. I'm really glad that they looked into this and adjusted the code for it.

.14 is great, no more diverter magnet issues so far.

I do however find that when multiballs start, the flippers are weaker than in regular play, this has been the case a few updates before this from when we unboxed it.
It was okay, but I find myself missing gobstopper ramps and shot due to this difference in power. Anyone else have this too?

#2635 4 years ago

I got a rare opportunity to "watch" the Wonkatania Mania mode last night, as I locked a gobstopper ball at the exact moment that the mode began, so I had a ball sitting in the shooter lane waiting for me to launch it. I ran and grabbed the phone

Too bad I didn't get the scream at the end though. But still - would you just LOOK at that light show???

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2636 4 years ago

Would you just LOOK at that light show?

It's pretty nice. But, then again, sometimes it doesn't take much to impress a small town guy.

#2637 4 years ago

Going to tackle this issue tomorrow. Probably pretty straight forward. Ball stuck on/near gobstopper hole. Will update the fix here.

722571B4-95D5-48AE-9566-DAE8618E8C78 (resized).jpeg722571B4-95D5-48AE-9566-DAE8618E8C78 (resized).jpegA8EF4BB3-927A-427A-82E2-2FD63210EAE8 (resized).jpegA8EF4BB3-927A-427A-82E2-2FD63210EAE8 (resized).jpeg
#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Will update the fix here.

Underneath. Loosen big nut. Screw platform up. Tighten big nut.

#2639 4 years ago

I love that planet of the apes response LTG!

#2640 4 years ago

Just in case you want a laugh- our latest offering in Wonka. Love this game - but it still kicks our ass!

#2641 4 years ago

I just got a notification that my plastic ramp deflector has been shipped. Looking forward to cutting down on the air balls wrecking the toys

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I get situations at times on my LE where the super lock is lit, I shoot the ball, it loads it in the wonkavator lock, then releases it. Once I did that twice in a row and it kept releasing it. The third time it locked it. Would this be a switch out of alignment or a software bug?
Thanks.

Lloyd, have you heard of the issue of having?

#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just in case you want a laugh- our latest offering in Wonka. Love this game - but it still kicks our ass!

Thanks for sharing.
I'll watch more when I get the time.
Many things I'm learning about my Wonka.

Thanks again to both of you!

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Lloyd, have you heard of the issue of having?

Sounds like an opto ( switch issue ) game loses track of the ball and it passes through.

#2645 4 years ago

Is the right loop shot supposed to get hung up in the pops as standard?

I try to avoid any pop action on Willy as its like my old walking dead, unneccesarilly cruel, drove me nuts, but you need to get that loop For me its become the deciding factor between a quick sub minute frustration or a millions game, not much inbetween.

My kids have given up after an amazing start, they never played as much as when Willy arrived but they now get better play out of black knight and iron man so they are used to getting their butts kicked ..

Anyway, maybe I need to adjust. Ive got it at 7, is the factory angle for pf 6,5?

#2646 4 years ago

I played Wonka for a week before I realized there was a right loop shot.I was nailing the spinner on a regular basis,I now know it’s right above the spinner Right?

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I played Wonka for a week before I realized there was a right loop shot.I was nailing the spinner on a regular basis,I now know it’s right above the spinner Right?

No, that's the wonkavision shot. One more to the left or the left lane under wonkavision.

#2648 4 years ago

Huge thanks to Pinballomatic for helping me get the parts I needed to get my Wonka up and running again. Pulled this score to take GC tonight. Totally destroyed the wife’s high score!

0D3BBDAD-F016-41F1-B273-1493B06E8D9D (resized).jpeg0D3BBDAD-F016-41F1-B273-1493B06E8D9D (resized).jpegFF06A5E3-94D2-4E49-B0BC-8244F7228BD8 (resized).jpegFF06A5E3-94D2-4E49-B0BC-8244F7228BD8 (resized).jpeg
#2649 4 years ago

Mezal’s Factory & tubes mod is a must!

289F0070-FA24-4DE7-80C5-18BEDE870B1F (resized).jpeg289F0070-FA24-4DE7-80C5-18BEDE870B1F (resized).jpeg904491FB-D9EE-4E0A-A876-82C4F0502DE7 (resized).jpeg904491FB-D9EE-4E0A-A876-82C4F0502DE7 (resized).jpegA355C0E0-A19D-4843-AE66-03DA0AAB3ECE (resized).jpegA355C0E0-A19D-4843-AE66-03DA0AAB3ECE (resized).jpeg
#2650 4 years ago

For those that missed it, the #1 MOD is Big Points!!

122C2F0C-3C78-4D5D-B6DC-331E126CCD2E (resized).jpeg122C2F0C-3C78-4D5D-B6DC-331E126CCD2E (resized).jpeg6B9ACB99-A63E-4F2A-B536-095E20FCC4CD (resized).jpeg6B9ACB99-A63E-4F2A-B536-095E20FCC4CD (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/53?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.