IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 278.
#2551 4 years ago

even if different men, it would help to moderate his/their online behaviour here ..

#2552 4 years ago

Ok thanks.. i need to ajust mine as its kicking low... i messed it up when i had the game apart to add washers under the posts.

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok thanks.. i need to ajust mine as its kicking low... i messed it up when i had the game apart to add washers under the posts.

What kind of washers did you use?

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What kind of washers did you use?

Thin Nylon and rubber... so far so good

#2555 4 years ago

I put both on ignore (no time for that nonsense), but it IS very sad that he had to create an alternate account to have someone agree with his hateful trolling.

#2556 4 years ago

Got my factory mod from mezel today. Looks amazing, nice quality. Took about 15 mins to install without directions. Such a nice touch...and it fits and looks great with my mushroom field.
IMG_20190920_140933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_140933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_140938 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_140938 (resized).jpg

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my factory mod from mezel today. Looks amazing, nice quality. Took about 15 mins to install without directions. Such a nice touch...and it fits and looks great with my mushroom field.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that looks cool.

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So it's more orange than red? I think the prototype pictures were more standard red.

#2559 4 years ago

Any chance we'll ever see those mods in an injection molded form? I'd like to see them professionally done. Not a huge fan of 3D printed scan-lines.

I thought there were clear tube covers with that mod?

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

So it's more orange than red? I think the prototype pictures were more standard red.

It's red, it's my phone camera, I used Google night sight. Here's two more with flash on and off. I can assure you it's red in person, my phone is just not capturing it wll.

IMG_20190920_150114 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_150114 (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190920150550838_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190920150550838_COVER (resized).jpg
#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I like it! Nice addition.

So when did Freehold become upper/lower? lol I was born there. Back then it was just Freehold. But there were also lots of cows and farms!

I would like to buy a WW. Just too many NIB’s at the moment that I like and am unable to make a decision yet.

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Any chance we'll ever see those mods in an injection molded form? I'd like to see them professionally done. Not a huge fan of 3D printed scan-lines

Problem with injection molds is even in low volume prototype mold form it's still a hefty upfront cost, and even real molds aren't perfect (you deal with warping issues which depending on how the mold is made might not be fixable).. I just pulled the trigger on 3 prototype molds at work and though far cheaper than a real mold it can still add up. If I were to price out that factory + pipes as a prototype mold I would say you "might" be able to get it for $10k. Yes it's better quality, and somewhat cheaper to make depending on volume but it's all very risky. Just doing some math, that factory + pipe is $130 on mezel's site. Factoring in the piece part cost of probably $10 easily (and it's molded in only one color, you would still have to paint + clear), so let's factor in another $50 in labor (and that's on the low end). Now it's only $70 cost difference, but now you have to run almost 150 parts just to break even and cross your fingers you sell that many mods to recoup your cost. The other positive about 3d printing, you can print objects not possible by injection molding. Most molds are 2 halves. If you have any geometry that has undercuts, that requires a side action (which dramatically increases mold cost, increases mold time which also increases part cost).

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I like it! Nice addition.
So when did Freehold become upper/lower? lol I was born there. Back then it was just Freehold. But there were also lots of cows and farms!
I would like to buy a WW. Just too many NIB’s at the moment that I like and am unable to make a decision yet.

been that way a long time, back into the 1800s. there is still freehold, but I am in western monmouth county, where there are still a lot of farms, mainly horse and tree farms. there is no lower.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Any chance we'll ever see those mods in an injection molded form? I'd like to see them professionally done. Not a huge fan of 3D printed scan-lines.
I thought there were clear tube covers with that mod?

I just checked the box and there is a plastic tube in it, I missed it, back to install it.

The 3d lines are only visible in close up shots, the quality looks very good to me

IMG_20190920_160025 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_160025 (resized).jpg
#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's red, it's my phone camera, I used Google night sight. Here's two more with flash on and off. I can assure you it's red in person, my phone is just not capturing it wll.[quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent! If it was that Clemson/Inmate Orange color it was going to be a hard pass.

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Excellent! If it was that Clemson/Inmate Orange color it was going to be a hard pass.

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just checked the box and there is a plastic tube in it, I missed it, back to install it.
The 3d lines are only visible in close up shots, the quality looks very good to me[quoted image]

What part of the movie does this mod reference? The white machine thing and red tubing look familiar but I don't remember from what. This mod and the mushroom grassy knoll mod look nice.

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

What part of the movie does this mod reference? The white machine thing and red tubing look familiar but I don't remember from what. This mod and the mushroom grassy knoll mod look nice.

At the top right of animated screen,it's upside down

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Since i had my interest in pinball rewaken(english?) a year or so ago.
Modifications is what is puzzling me the most.
Almost without exception, most of it seems like McDonald happy meal stuff.
I"ve seen some cool stuff, (like the chest-opening in pirates), but most are non-interacting plastic.

Just for this "factory", why not put an opto inside and have it Actually Do something, When a ball passes thru?

I'm sorry to say it is lacklusyer, but i really think it is for the most.

Another thing that I've been thinking about...
Is there some unwritten rule, that you can't mod/decorate the pinball legs?
Why are there no dinosaur legs for jurasic park? Chocolate bar legs for wonka etc?

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I"ve seen some cool stuff, (like the chest-opening in pirates), but most are non-interacting plastic.
Just for this "factory", why not put an opto inside and have it Actually Do something, When a ball passes thru?
Why are there no dinosaur legs for jurasic park? Chocolate bar legs for wonka etc?

You have a choice of a piece of plastic with a sticker of some sort on it or this beautifully printed factory. Why does this particular mod have to be interactive? An opto inside to do what? And where are these happy meal mods I keep reading about?

#2571 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You have a choice of a piece of plastic with a sticker of some sort on it or this beautifully printed factory. Why does this particular mod have to be interactive? An opto inside to do what? And where are these happy meal mods I keep reading about?

Just his opinions, man. Settle down.

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I would suggest anyone is free to mod any part of their pinball machine however they wish?! It's your pinball machine, do what you want with it. I think some of these non-interactive mods are quite clever, they can help cover up some "crimes", and do a great job of tying the playfield and backglass together even more, further helping the player to immerse themselves in game, but each to their own I guess - "I don't know a lot about art, but I know what I like".

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Im working on some orange/oompa style 12inch legs for my LE, just for fun !

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yea i was thinking a wooden leg and a pirate boot for pirates of the caribbean.

There are loads of things to improve. If there were real modders in pinball, why isnt there optional game play mode for kids playing wonka?

Where the heck are the hackers of pinball?
Assets?
Download this filé.

If the Beatles were a computer game, does anybody really think 2 years after release, customers would complain about only eight songs and they only play for a minute or so?

There is so much to do and improve, it's crazy, but Apparently this community is only able to produced lollypop stickers for the flippers.

It's sad, it Could be so much more and way cooler.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Would love to see how that turns out.

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea i was thinking a wooden leg and a pirate boot for pirates of the caribbean.
There are loads of things to improve. If there were real modders in pinball, why isnt there optional game play mode for kids playing wonka?
Where the heck are the hackers of pinball?
Assets?
Download this filé.
If the Beatles were a computer game, does anybody really think 2 years after release, customers would complain about only eight songs and they only play for a minute or so?
There is so much to do and improve, it's crazy, but Apparently this community is only able to produced lollypop stickers for the flippers.
It's sad, it Could be so much more and way cooler.

You best be getting busy cowboy!

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just his opinions, man. Settle down.

Sorry, just getting frustrated with a lot of the negativity lately on pinside.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

even if different men, it would help to moderate his/their online behaviour here ..

Quoted from Adipocere:

I put both on ignore (no time for that nonsense), but it IS very sad that he had to create an alternate account to have someone agree with his hateful trolling.

What are you guys replying to? The OP was deleted by moderators so perhaps that should give you a hint that you’re on the wrong side...

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry, just getting frustrated with a lot of the negativity lately on pinside.

Yep.. its supposed to b a fun hobby/pastime and so many people just bitch about everything and are unhappy with the pins. I say its time for them to find a new hobby.... im absolutely loving my wonka le even with some pooling around the posts. ... and i bought it seeing this and glad i did as its the most fun I've had since getting my dile nib. We all sld be grateful for these new amazing pins as it cld of went the other way after b/w closed its doors.

#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep.. its supposed to b a fun hobby/pastime and so many people just bitch about everything and are unhappy with the pins. I say its time for them to find a new hobby.... im absolutely loving my wonka le even with some pooling around the posts. ... and i bought it seeing this and glad i did as its the most fun I've had since getting my dile nib. We all sld be grateful for these new amazing pins as it cld of went the other way after b/w closed its doors.

It really is a great game. Don't believe the haters.

#2581 4 years ago

I know it's a fun game, I was one of the first to play it at MGC.

I also don't think it's crazy for people to expect a premium product when they are paying premium prices. If all we do is continue to defend shoddy manufacturing, the problems will continue to exist.

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I know it's a fun game, I was one of the first to play it at MGC.
I also don't think it's crazy for people to expect a premium product when they are paying premium prices. If all we do is continue to defend shoddy manufacturing, the problems will continue to exist.

Alright we got it already enough of this shit.

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Alright we got it already enough of this shit.

No, you don't "got it already". The amount of gushing and flat out ignoring of major issues in this thread means JJP won't make any changes to the way they make their games. Until we are all on the same page, we can expect this same thing to happen with game #6, #7, #8, etc.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It really is a great game. Don't believe the haters.

One my favorites if not my favorite... slowly pulling in front of dile

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One my favorites if not my favorite... slowly pulling in front of dile

It's interesting - it has a high level of initial frustration. Then players start to overcome that and the game starts to open up...and then it has its hooks in you.

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No, you don't "got it already". The amount of gushing and flat out ignoring of major issues in this thread means JJP won't make any changes to the way they make their games. Until we are all on the same page, we can expect this same thing to happen with game #6, #7, #8, etc.

This is a club thread. Gushing about the game is what it's for. There are plenty of other complaint threads but this one is for owners enjoying their games, right?

#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is a club thread. Gushing about the game is what it's for. There are plenty of other complaint threads but this one is for owners enjoying their games, right?

You said it! I love my Wonka! So many layers to the ruleset, so much to accomplish. And got my new trough boards on Wednesday, top notch customer service.

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It just says "Wonka Club", nothing about owners only.

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

ignore him, don't feed the trolls

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not sure that’s accurate...are JJP WW owners supposed to post issues with their pin on another thread?

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You best be getting busy cowboy!

If I wasn't flooded with work, i assure you i would.
It is just so annoying seeing virtua-pins having ten Times the assets and code options, then that of the real thing and The best the pinball mod-community can provided is matchbox helikopter and cheap Paul McCartney wigs that you can tape on the cabinet and use as a topper. Cool right!!! All this at a 2000% mark up.
Dont even get me started on all the cheap chinese led lights put just about everywhere.

Well, i guess as long as people Buy the stuff, you just cant blame them.
I just think pinball longs for and can Do better.

Programs that enable you to incorporate assets like sound and video?
Interactive mods/toys that elevates game play with code and effects.?
Selectable game play level/ruleset at startup for games in homesettings and in codes for kid-settings incorporate easter eggs/video etc that suits kids?

All awesome ideas, but for now we got monopol hats, spray painted to look like a wonka hat, glued to the playfield and Everybody is ecstatic.

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It just says "Wonka Club", nothing about owners only.

Exactly, bags of dirt are usually left outside in the trash can to stink away on their own , not thrown all over our games.. control yourself man!

Gameplay & fun things here please, take your dirt to the complain threads, a lot of people here acknowledge some things need fixing , sure, not ignoring or gushing , but can look past it instead of dwelling on them over and over and enjoy the game itself. Enjoy, in case you missed it, enjoy

You sir and other keyboard warriors alike are pushing away all manner of pinball wealth from true experts in their field about tech up to paint away from pinside..its getting more barren by the day , we thank you for that!

Have a good sunday , let it sink in

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If I wasn't flooded with work, i assure you i would.
It is just so annoying seeing virtua-pins having ten Times the assets and code options, then that of the real thing and The best the pinball mod-community can provided is matchbox helikopter and cheap Paul McCartney wigs that you can tape on the cabinet and use as a topper. Cool right!!! All this at a 2000% mark up.
Dont even get me started on all the cheap chinese led lights put just about everywhere.
Well, i guess as long as people Buy the stuff, you just cant blame them.
I just think pinball longs for and can Do better.
Programs that enable you to incorporate assets like sound and video?
Interactive mods/toys that elevates game play with code and effects.?
Selectable game play level/ruleset at startup for games in homesettings and in codes for kid-settings incorporate easter eggs/video etc that suits kids?
All awesome ideas, but for now we got monopol hats, spray painted to look like a wonka hat, glued to the playfield and Everybody is ecstatic.

You can't compare what is done with virtual pinball to what is done with real pinball. Software mods are not equivalent between the two because the former is not beholden to actual physics. It's the same reason why real robots aren't as cool as virtual robots. Are you gonna call MIT and tell them they are lame because you played a video game with a robot a million times better than what they've made so far?

Also, put up or shut up. You're not writing interesting things or adding to this thread. You're just one of those bummers that's always "too busy" to do what he claims everyone else must have time to do. This community does not revolve around you.

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You can't compare what is done with virtual pinball to what is done with real pinball. Software mods are not equivalent between the two because the former is not beholden to actual physics. It's the same reason why real robots aren't as cool as virtual robots. Are you gonna call MIT and tell them they are lame because you played a video game with a robot a million times better than what they've made so far?
Also, put up or shut up. You're not writing interesting things or adding to this thread. You're just one of those bummers that's always "too busy" to do what he claims everyone else must have time to do. This community does not revolve around you.

Why couldn't you have assets, rulesets etc for a real pinball game?

The attitude of shut up or Do it yourself, isn't something any person into customer service or spokeperson would even dream of uttering, something as stupid. Only some childish immature person loosing an argument.
On that i have a fairly lucrative job, but in this "mod" buissness, you are Apparently ably to charge 30$ for a one inch sized plastic hat and 200$ for a shaving cream can with lights coming out of it's ass, i might Actually consider it.

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not sure that’s accurate...are JJP WW owners supposed to post issues with their pin on another thread?

I'm not a moderator, but IMO posting issues/fixes is fine. Shitting on the game because it's not what you want, or because you think people should boycott NIB is for other threads.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why couldn't you have assets, rulesets etc for a real pinball game?
The attitude of shut up or Do it yourself, isn't something any person into customer service or spokeperson would even dream of uttering, something as stupid. Only some childish immature person loosing an argument.
On that i have a fairly lucrative job, but in this "mod" buissness, you are Apparently ably to charge 30$ for a one inch sized plastic hat and 200$ for a shaving cream can with lights coming out of it's ass, i might Actually consider it.

Interesting that you seem to view my response as a customer service interaction. You're not my customer and I'm not in service of you. I'm pointing out your clear ignorance in the way you talk about all of this. You clearly know nothing about design, production or software engineering. You're the worst type of customer; the one who thinks he knows the most but clearly knows the least.

Anyway, I have nothing more to add. This isn't an interesting conversation. You're just rude.

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Interesting that you seem to view my response as a customer service interaction. You're not my customer and I'm not in service of you. I'm pointing out your clear ignorance in the way you talk about all of this. You clearly know nothing about design, production or software engineering. You're the worst type of customer; the one who thinks he knows the most but clearly knows the least.
Anyway, I have nothing more to add. This isn't an interesting conversation. You're just rude.

Comes from The right person telling others they Dont have a clue and to shut up.
And as before, not a singel argument, only insults, but that's what is expected.

#2598 4 years ago

Come on ... this is a club thread can you all take it to pm please.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on ... this is a club thread can you all take it to pm please.

Yeah let’s step outside Bitches!

#2600 4 years ago

As much as some would prefer that the many “issues” with this game be considered “normal” and insignificant, the fact is that the CE is being delayed as JJP attempts to correct them for that version (and perhaps any subsequent SE & LE production runs).

That tells me these issues are the opposite of normal & insignificant.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/52?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.