IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 279.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I seem to recall reading here that some (all?) LEs arrived with the Wonkavator lock function turned off in settings. Have you checked this?

I received mine with the Wonkavator functioning as it should, never had to change anything in the settings.

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I seem to recall reading here that some (all?) LEs arrived with the Wonkavator lock function turned off in settings. Have you checked this?

Thanks for info. Appreciate the advice. I’ll look at that. The problem may be unrelated though as the wonkavator VUK just keeps firing for no reason, for instance upon start-up. In addition, when hitting the loop shot to lock the ball (after lit and prompted), ball doesn’t proceed to the lock but bypasses around the loop. This only occurs when random wonkavator VUK firing is underway. It appears the game thinks a ball is in the VUK when it’s not. Probably an easy fix. Need some time to look into it. But y’alls advice appreciated in meantime.

#2503 4 years ago

I feel like one of the biggest issues with this hobby in general is the abundance of "well, MY game works fine, so..." comments whenever any problems start popping up. These comments don't help one bit. If anything, they are just salt in the wound for people who ARE suffering.

Just because your game works 100%, doesn't mean the issue(s) don't exist.

#2504 4 years ago

I look at this way, whenever I have a problem and someone says - Well, my game works fine, it helps me realize there is some issue with my game and not a widespread issue with all games (like a design flaw). That doesn't help me figure out the issue with MY game but it does help me to dismiss immediately any notion in my mind that it may be a design flaw with everyone's game and then I can continue troubleshooting.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

I feel like one of the biggest issues with this hobby in general is the abundance of "well, MY game works fine, so..." comments whenever any problems start popping up. These comments don't help one bit. If anything, they are just salt in the wound for people who ARE suffering.
Just because your game works 100%, doesn't mean the issue(s) don't exist.

#2505 4 years ago

I can't agree with you on this. If your game is running fine, why not say so. That let's potential buyers know that the game isn't a complete house of horrors. Not all news has to be negative to be newsworthy and simply reporting good news does not deny that others may have a problem but simply presents the full facts.

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call them about it. No idea how bad ones were sent again. Obviously a mistake was made.
I am sorry about that.
LTG : )

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Any chance JJP may switch to a different supplier for the CE? Or will we keep having to switch the boards until the warranty runs out?

Can anyone confirm the number of balls you are supposed to get in each type of multiball again? I'm worried about whether or not my trough boards might be malfunctioning again.

Slugworth is how many? 2? 3?

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Can anyone confirm the number of balls you are supposed to get in each type of multiball again? I'm worried about whether or not my trough boards might be malfunctioning again.

Slugworth has 2 multiball

#2508 4 years ago

Slug = 2
Gobstopper = 3
Wonkavator = 3
Kid = 1 ball PLUS 1 additional ball for each kid collected. So a max of 6 balls.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Slug = 2
Gobstopper = 3
Wonkavator = 3
Kid = 1 ball PLUS 1 additional ball for each kid collected. So a max of 6 balls.

Shit. I was afraid of that.

#2510 4 years ago

So if you are experiencing issues, it’s because your trough boards need to be replaced. CALL, don’t email. Get the parts shipped to you and you will be on your merry way.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So if you are experiencing issues, it’s because your trough boards need to be replaced. CALL, don’t email. Get the parts shipped to you and you will be on your merry way.

I'm well aware of how to handle these kinds of issues. I've already had my trough opto boards replaced once under warranty.

I'm going to have to play some more test games tonight to see how many balls get pushed out during the various multi balls. Dammit.

#2512 4 years ago

I'm well aware of how to handle these kinds of issues. I've already had my trough opto boards replaced once under warranty.
I'm going to have to play some more test games tonight to see how many balls get pushed out during the various multi balls. Dammit.

But you shouldn't be frustrated, because other people aren't having this issue. Their machine is working just fine! /s

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

But you shouldn't be frustrated, because other people aren't having this issue. Their machine is working just fine! /s

... Sad man..

#2514 4 years ago

I'm going to have to play some more test games tonight to see how many balls get pushed out during the various multi balls.

Please check that the plunger that kicks the balls up and out of the ball trough, isn't sticking up a very tiny bit too high and impeding the balls rolling into position to be kicked out. The whole coil/plunger/plate can be adjusted by four screws on the end of the ball trough to move up or down. Don't go too far in either direction.

LTG : )

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You won't have to switch anything on your phantom pinball machine!

Neither will anyone else including you!

#2516 4 years ago

Neither will anyone else including you!

My SE is fo real!I play everyday and sometimes all night!Don’t be
hating cause you ain’t got one bro!

#2517 4 years ago

Did anyone see l33tsandman blow up Wonka last night?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482851060

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My SE is fo real!I play everyday and sometimes all night!Don’t be
hating cause you ain’t got one bro!

You said “phantom” genius....

#2519 4 years ago

You said “phantom” genius....

Sad man go away

#2520 4 years ago

I may have found an "Easter Egg" … or maybe it's just a random call out. When I drained a ball during Wonka's Office mode and had about 60K in that mode (almost beat the Joe Katz default 65K score for that mode), I received the Dialed In call out "Crazy" - guessing that Joe put it in there as a joke. (???) Not sure what triggered that, but was surprised by it. Is that common at that point? Just wondering if others noticed it at some point. Crazy.

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I may have found an "Easter Egg" … or maybe it's just a random call out. When I drained a ball during Wonka's Office mode and had about 60K in that mode (almost beat the Joe Katz default 65K score for that mode), I received the Dialed In call out "Crazy" - guessing that Joe put it in there as a joke. (???) Not sure what triggered that, but was surprised by it. Is that common at that point? Just wondering if others noticed it at some point. Crazy.

Ill never get that far...

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill never get that far...

Two golden tickets is all that it will take. That triggers the qualifier for the office mode. You'll get there.

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I’ve gotten that. I had no idea what it was. I think it happens when you have a lot of Wonka Bars (at least 150 or so) and a high bonus multiplier (7x or 8x). I’m not sure what the threshold is, but that’s when I see it.

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Two golden tickets is all that it will take. That triggers the qualifier for the office mode. You'll get there.

O really? I think ive had that allready. I need to read up on the rules but having too much fun just playing lol.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sad man go away

You first snowflake

#2526 4 years ago

Its a real shame the playfield issues came about on potc and carried over to wonka. Wonka is a amazing pin ... probably one the best/ most fun shooting pins I've owned/played. Also the theme and code are really good allready and not to forget probably the some of the best lightshows ever .... its just dazzling and i just sit and stare at it sometimes lol. Also the le is simply gorgeous and a beautiful piece of furniture. Its a shame a lot of this is being overshadowed by the pooling around post. I bought a heavily modded low play le that had some pooling but i flattened it out and put nylon and rubber washers down and I'm playing the hell out of it and i believe it will b totally fine in the long run. What a awesome pinball experience.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

200 or more Wonka bars

#2528 4 years ago

Got tied up with household chores last night and forgot to play some test games for multi ball. Turned on the game this morning to play a few test games, got the alarm notification. "Oh, the tilt bob alarm again," I thought. Open the coin door and NOPE, not the tilt alarm.

20190919_064659 (resized).jpg20190919_064659 (resized).jpg20190919_064728 (resized).jpg20190919_064728 (resized).jpg

I guess I don't need to test multi ball, do I?

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a real shame the playfield issues came about on potc and carried over to wonka. Wonka is a amazing pin ... probably one the best/ most fun shooting pins I've owned/played. Also the theme and code are really good allready and not to forget probably the some of the best lightshows ever .... its just dazzling and i just sit and stare at it sometimes lol. Also the le is simply gorgeous and a beautiful piece of furniture. Its a shame a lot of this is being overshadowed by the pooling around post. I bought a heavily modded low play le that had some pooling but i flattened it out and put nylon and rubber washers down and I'm playing the hell out of it and i believe it will b totally fine in the long run. What a awesome pinball experience.

You are 100% correct ole wise one!

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

1. updating to 1.14,
2. fixing gobstopper Subway/VUK issue (i’m hoping to just make an easy bend as many have done),
3. diagnosing and fixing the Wonkavator VUK - it is firing randomly, and wonkavator would not lock any balls even though I worked all the way to Wonkavator multi-ball.

Update on NIB LE issues.
1. Completed update to 1.14
2. Have not fixed Gobstopper Subway/VUK issue yet
3. Wonkavator has two issues: a. Won’t accept balls into the VUK (when lit/prompted). b. VUK firing randomly.

Opened hood last night and had a look through. In Matrix, Elevator VUK switch will change from beige to green (inactive to active) sometimes randomly and sometimes with nudging the table. Further diagnosing whether electrical or mechanical will take me time/effort. Even though at this hobby for years, I’m still a beginner at fixing stuff. Have contacted distributor to see if can help get this brand new LE fully dialed in. Have no doubt that we will, just may take some time. Will continue to update ...

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I can't agree with you on this. If your game is running fine, why not say so. That let's potential buyers know that the game isn't a complete house of horrors. Not all news has to be negative to be newsworthy and simply reporting good news does not deny that others may have a problem but simply presents the full facts.

/\ this.. Since replacing my trough I haven't had balls get stuck or miscounting of balls in trough, and my diverter has been very reliable. The only other issue I have is a slightly sunk post on my right sling towards the bottom.. And you know what, I don't care. Unless you're looking for it, you wouldn't even know it. There are no other playfield issues, and the quality in general on JJP is very high (all the little details put into them). And if you think other manufacturers don't have issues, you'd be wrong.

#2532 4 years ago

Anyone selling a standard LOL?

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

And if you think other manufacturers don't have issues, you'd be wrong.

Who said that? I'm more upset at the fact the quality of machines being churned out over at Stern these past few years has been steadily declining, and JJP has this giant window they could be jumping through. But instead they are slamming that window down on their fingers and stomping around the room cursing. Fix your games. Make them bulletproof for what you are asking us to pay for them. That is how they will become the gold standard in this industry.

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from Skipnatty:

200 or more Wonka bars

Yep it's an Easter Egg Here's a clip of it:

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/clip/ImpartialSuperLarkTooSpicy

#2535 4 years ago

Hmmm.. after 500 games , seriously thinking of changing the left outlane setup..

Whats the consensus on this from owners? I know its my game and set up however, but I usually like to stick to factory. High scores are all 3 mil up so dont want to screw it so the games are too long, but sometimes its just brutal( unneccesary unfair at times too)

Whats the most fair option?
Remove only the rubber from the middle post, add a bare post in the low position, high, with or without ring?

Audits on my game give 3600 left outlane v 399 on the right, seems a little too biased

And Yep.. play better I know

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hmmm.. after 500 games , seriously thinking of changing the left outlane setup..

I added extra post to left outlane, LOWER position (the one not capped) and MOVED small rubber ring from inlane post over to it.
THis works amazing, ZERO ball hang-ups on inlane and outlane, even when kick-back fires

EDIT: ppl are afraid of the metal inlane post, but its really no different than games that have inlanes separated by wires like TZ's right outlane (see image)
TZ Right Outlane (resized).JPGTZ Right Outlane (resized).JPG

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Whats the consensus on this from owners? I know its my game and set up however, but I usually like to stick to factory. High scores are all 3 mil up so dont want to screw it so the games are too long, but sometimes its just brutal( unneccesary unfair at times too)
Remove only the rubber from the middle post, add a bare post in the low position, high, with or without ring?
Audits on my game give 3600 left outlane v 399 on the right, seems a little too biased

Sad man

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I added extra post to left outlane, LOWER position (the one not capped) and MOVED small rubber ring from inlane post over to it.
THis works amazing, ZERO ball hang-ups on inlane and outlane, even when kick-back fires
EDIT: ppl are afraid of the metal inlane post, but its really no different than games that have inlanes separated by wires like TZ's right outlane (see image)
[quoted image]

I did the same, and I love it. The game is still plenty hard, but it no longer feels cheap. You have to remember, that outlane was designed for location play, ie: draining your money. In a home use situation, they already got all the money up front so feel free to install the post and get more out of each session.

#2539 4 years ago

Thank you, good input.

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I did the same, and I love it. The game is still plenty hard, but it no longer feels cheap. You have to remember, that outlane was designed for location play, ie: draining your money. In a home use situation, they already got all the money up front so feel free to install the post and get more out of each session.

Thats a good selling point actually.. seems like Willy Wanker is on a mission to screw me over anyway today from every other angle or pop- exit..
10 sub 50k games in a row ..now that is sad

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

To me, you should adjust the game so you can feel like you are accomplishing something, but not too easy. Like everything in life, it’s all about moderation. Find settings that are in the middle. Everyone is not a pinball wizard.

#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Thank you, good input.

Same to you, big guy.

#2543 4 years ago

Where is the kickback supposed to normally shoot the ball?

#2544 4 years ago

Here's my outlane setup.... game still kicks my ass but ill have some good games thrown in there also.20190920_102718 (resized).jpg20190920_102718 (resized).jpg

#2545 4 years ago

My outlane drains are still left 600 to 100 lol

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

On mine it shoots straight onto the post under wonkavision, great combo when it goes down the middle instantly and get served a “ failed kickback” ball.

I love the Feed into the inlane too from the magnet.. bounce out to the out, so might aswell risk the shot into the pops .. lots to consider in this game. Love it still

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Post in bottom hole, no rubber

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have found it to be highly variable depending on the speed of the ball when it hits the switch. Once or twice I have had it strike just right and actually throw the ball all the way through the spinner!

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I have found it to be highly variable depending on the speed of the ball when it hits the switch. Once or twice I have had it strike just right and actually throw the ball all the way through the spinner!

same here variable. Most times it will shoot it around the wonkavision, but I've had it fall short and hit the top of the gum targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/51?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.