IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,936 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 279.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've been one of JJP's biggest fanboys ever since I plunked $1 into a Wizard of Oz years ago. Told myself I would own one someday, and had to sell three machines to do it. Now I have a Dialed In and would love to get my hands on a reasonably priced Pirates. My son and I played Wonka at MGC and were blown away. Started the process of selling multiple machines so I could get one.
But after coming to this thread every day and seeing something new when it comes to "QC issues", it's got me feeling really down. Seriously. It's every day! Are they just tightening the final screw then tossing them into a box to be shipped? I get that after the financial failure that Pirates was they are now just trying to satisfy their angel investors, but come on.
I feel bad for all the owners of Wonka who have had to endure this. It really sucks. They will most likely fix everything that is wrong for JJP#6, whether it's GnR or Toy Story, but the damage is done in my eyes.

I've had almost no issues with my potc and Wonka. Pinside has a concentration issue, people post because they have issues and want to alert other owners, and get help with their issues.

You won't see many posts saying "my game is perfect," there's not much point in posting that other than to maybe reassure others that it's not every game My issues with potc have been a bad camera, a flipper adjustment and an opto came out of its housing on a ramp. For Wonka, the only issue I had was having to adjust the coil power on the gobstopper mech.

Jjp promptly replaced my potc camera.

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I'm not arguing that games are not overpriced, nor am I suggesting that issues with expensive games should be accepted or overlooked. On the contrary, as an owner I expect to get what I pay for and I expect the company to stand by their work.
I just think that a person (not you) that does not and will probably not EVER own a pinball machine who comes to the forum for owners and starts raving about how he and others are boycotting the game over issues as simple as a slightly bent wire just sound like an empty-headed little trolls. And these topics are lousy with them.

The title just says "Wonka Club", nothing about owners only.

And are you seriously saying the issues with this game can be described as "simple as a slightly bent wire"? Seriously?!?

Call me a troll all you want, but you are wrong. People who expect to get a quality product when they spend close to ten grand on a machine are not trolls. They are realists.

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I've had almost no issues with my potc and Wonka. Pinside has a concentration issue, people post because they have issues and want to alert other owners, and get help with their issues.
You won't see many posts saying "my game is perfect," there's not much point in posting that other than to maybe reassure others that it's not every game My issues with potc have been a bad camera, a flipper adjustment and an opto came out of its housing on a ramp. For Wonka, the only issue I had was having to adjust the coil power on the gobstopper mech.
Jjp promptly replaced my potc camera.

Just like I had no issues with my WoZ. Doesn't mean the lighting board issue never existed. Turning a blind eye to the people who are experiencing major issues with their machines just because yours is fine isn't going to put pressure on JJP to fix their mistakes.

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just like I had no issues with my WoZ. Doesn't mean the lighting board issue never existed. Turning a blind eye to the people who are experiencing major issues with their machines just because yours is fine isn't going to put pressure on JJP to fix their mistakes.

I am not turning a blind eye, I've seen pics of playfield issues and read plenty about problems with playfield mechs here on pinside. My point is simply to share my experience, which has been positive, and to note it's not all games.

With the exception of playfield issues, jjp support has been extremely helpful and responsive. Ltg and Steve are on here all the time offering help.

And btw, I had a RR from 2015 with original boards, had one light board fail, no other issues with that game. I had a di and have a hobbit, no issues beyond minor adjustments.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The title just says "Wonka Club", nothing about owners only.
And are you seriously saying the issues with this game can be described as "simple as a slightly bent wire"? Seriously?!?
Call me a troll all you want, but you are wrong. People who expect to get a quality product when they spend close to ten grand on a machine are not trolls. They are realists.

I didn't call YOU a troll. I called the person I was replying to (a member for only a few months who owns NO machines and has made about 25 mostly negative posts) a troll, and you jumped right on that grenade. Do you have a persecution complex or something?

When my Wonka arrived, the tilt bobber wire was a little bent. I bent it back. It works fine now. I didn't need a legion of people who don't own the machine to start throwing conniption fits on my behalf.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I didn't call YOU a troll. I called the person I was replying to (a member for only a few months who owns NO machines and has made about 25 mostly negative posts) a troll, and you jumped right on that grenade. Do you have a persecution complex or something?
When my Wonka arrived, the tilt bobber wire was a little bent. I bent it back. It works fine now. I didn't need a legion of people who don't own the machine to start throwing conniption fits on my behalf.

If you weren't replying to me, then why did you quote me? Why not quote the person you are calling a troll?

The internet can be hard sometimes. I get it.

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I hope you're not seriously implying that your bent bobber wire issue is anywhere close to the severity of the issue of blistered and chipping clear coat on the playfield.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#2409 4 years ago

Well put......

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I hope you're not seriously implying that your bent bobber wire issue is anywhere close to the severity of the issue of blistered and chipping clear coat on the playfield.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Nope. I have blistering too. Visible damage underneath the star posts when I installed the washer kit they provided. It might become chipping one day. I'm an owner. I have notified JJP.

My post is about people who don't and likely may never own the game jumping on every single thing, be it a bent wire or an incorrect LED light, and turning it into a crusade for reasons I can not fathom. There are tons of threads out there where you can bitch about that to like-minded people all day long. But coming here and raving about "the damage to the brand!" when you don't have a single dog in the fight is just... perplexing.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If you weren't replying to me, then why did you quote me? Why not quote the person you are calling a troll?
The internet can be hard sometimes. I get it.

It certainly can! You, for example, entirely missed the part where I clearly said "(Not you)" in that reply.

Sigh...

Or maybe I'm missing something. Is "freakyguy666" an alter-ego of "dirtbag66" and you just come here to post and then quote your other posts? Is that the confusion?

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

It certainly can! You, for example, entirely missed the part where I clearly said "(Not you)" in that reply.
Sigh...

Why not skip the "(Not you)" part and just quote the guy you're talking to? I wonder what your communication skills are like in person...

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Nope. I have blistering too. Visible damage underneath the star posts when I installed the washer kit they provided. It might become chipping one day. I'm an owner. I have notified JJP.
My post is about people who don't and likely may never own the game jumping on every single thing, be it a bent wire or an incorrect LED light, and turning it into a crusade for reasons I can not fathom. There are tons of threads out there where you can bitch about that to like-minded people all day long. But coming here and raving about "the damage to the brand!" when you don't have a single dog in the fight is just... perplexing.

But that's just it. I WANT to have a dog in this fight. Or at least, I wanted to. Wonka blew me away at MGC. These issues piling up have made me completely change my mind. I want JJP to succeed because their games are fun. But all these QC issues are making that harder and harder to happen in my opinion.

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Oh hell that was me calling him a troll!Just take a look at all of his and jwest's post.
Their both trolls and come here to feed!

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

WTF? “QC Stuff” like this just reeks of carelessness. It seems everyday a new owner reports “QC Stuff”....don’t they realize after a prolonged period this tarnishes the brand? I know quite a few pinheads that are holding off purchasing due to these QC issues and they would prefer to wait and buy them 2nd hand...afterall, if you’re gonna be fixing issues on a brand new machine, why not fix them on a 2nd hand machine and save thousands?

If you want a full hands off experience... you can always buy from a retailer that offers that kind of experience.

My favorite is people wanting to buy the cheapest way possible.. knowing they are basically getting mail order service... and still want a hand held experience.

#2416 4 years ago

Guys, Can we keep this one cool?..

Enough threads on whats going wrong, this is the happy club , gameplay , tricks and tips and all !

There’s a fun game to be found underneath all the negativity being thrown around

#2417 4 years ago

Damn I can now afford the Wonka Limited Edition

B8209933-820E-40C3-91AF-76D52E35C120 (resized).jpegB8209933-820E-40C3-91AF-76D52E35C120 (resized).jpeg
#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn I can now afford the Wonka Limited Edition[quoted image]

Will not buy, look at that letter H

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah man damn it!

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you want a full hands off experience... you can always buy from a retailer that offers that kind of experience.
My favorite is people wanting to buy the cheapest way possible.. knowing they are basically getting mail order service... and still want a hand held experience.

Uh...which retailer would fix the play field issues? Please point me in their direction.

#2421 4 years ago

Hope to be in the club tomorrow... super excited as i think this pin is amazing. What to look for other than the usual stuff and clear coat issues? Thanks for any help

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You've just reminded me of THE most ridiculous post in pinside's history!

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hope to be in the club tomorrow... super excited as i think this pin is amazing. What to look for other than the usual stuff and clear coat issues? Thanks for any help

Congrats! The only things I needed to do was to slightly bend the gobstopper shooter lane VUK (the midfield VUK from the gobstopper hole). Some people turned up the power to fix it I believe, but the only thing that worked on mine was physically bending it slightly. Other than that, I’ve had no issues.

I even just got my 4th golden ticket tonight. I think I’m missing the wonkavator golden ticket, but I’ve been very close a few times. You will love the game, it’s an absolute blast.

30482AFD-F388-4216-B137-E522248953BC (resized).jpeg30482AFD-F388-4216-B137-E522248953BC (resized).jpeg
#2424 4 years ago

As far as Jack (and crew) being a standup guy, check this out... I contacted Jen and asked if there was a poster that I could purchase and give to my daughter on her birthday back in June, while we waited for the machine to arrive. Not only does my daughter get the poster in the mail, and some JJP swag, but also a personalized video from Jack wishing my daughter a happy birthday (now I don’t do YouTube so can’t attach the video - but here’s a pic). They went way out of their way for my kids. What a class act.

Machine arrives today. Pics forthcoming...

8E789B0B-4EDD-4092-BE91-24941693875D (resized).png8E789B0B-4EDD-4092-BE91-24941693875D (resized).png
#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

As far as Jack (and crew) being a standup guy, check this out... I contacted Jen and asked if there was a poster that I could purchase and give to my daughter on her birthday back in June, while we waited for the machine to arrive. Not only does my daughter get the poster in the mail, and some JJP swag, but also a personalized video from Jack wishing my daughter a happy birthday (now I don’t do YouTube so can’t attach the video - but here’s a pic). They went way out of their way for my kids. What a class act.
Machine arrives today. Pics forthcoming...[quoted image]

Awesome story, to be honest it doesn’t surprise me. People often have the pitchforks out, but these guys really do care and I’ve yet to run across anyone at JJP who has been anything but friendly and helpful.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Machine arrives today. Pics forthcoming...[quoted image]

That was awesome of Jack to do! Btw, is that the CE that he is standing in front of? Did I miss it or did pics get released of it yet?

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

is that the CE that he is standing in front of?

Prototype ?

LTG : )

#2428 4 years ago

O yea
20190913_145531 (resized).jpg20190913_145531 (resized).jpg

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Prototype ?

If I had to guess most likely prototype similar to the ones for the pin shows. The rails look fuzzily silver (not red). Art package looks the same too.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Prototype ?

Agree. Looks prototype. Plus it was back in June.

#2431 4 years ago

Has anyone heard "The Scream" at the end of Wonkatania Mania yet? It was confirmed to occur (albeit rarely) by the programmers during a stream, but I always either drain before getting to the end, or it just goes to "Stop the Boat!"

#2432 4 years ago

Looks like I've been bitten by the trough opto board problem that turns every multiball mode into six ball multiball. Only problem I've had with mine in almost three months. Reported to customer support.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Has anyone heard "The Scream" at the end of Wonkatania Mania yet? It was confirmed to occur (albeit rarely) by the programmers during a stream, but I always either drain before getting to the end, or it just goes to "Stop the Boat!"

Not here, always has ended at "Stop the boat!", no scream. We've only finished the mode a handful of times though.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Looks like I've been bitten by the trough opto board problem that turns every multiball mode into six ball multiball. Only problem I've had with mine in almost three months. Reported to customer support.

Does it go on forever or eventually go back to regular ball play?

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Does it go on forever or eventually go back to regular ball play?

Eventually goes back to normal after the extras drain. But next multiball mode achieved, it starts up all over again.

#2437 4 years ago

On almost every wonka I’ve played they all seem to have the same issue with the eject from the gobstopper VUK.. However after getting a close look- it’s not the VUK- it’s the side coil that kicks the ball into the VUK....

Couldn’t the subway and (gravity) lead the ball to the VUK like most games? Seems like an unnecessary coil assembly.

CC873171-971D-418D-A559-1CE57AAB9279 (resized).jpegCC873171-971D-418D-A559-1CE57AAB9279 (resized).jpeg
#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

On almost every wonka I’ve played they all seem to have the same issue with the eject from the gobstopper VUK.. However after getting a close look- it’s not the VUK- it’s the side coil that kicks the ball into the VUK....
Couldn’t the subway and (gravity) lead the ball to the VUK like most games? Seems like an unnecessary coil assembly.[quoted image]

Was looking at my new purchase last night and saw this also... mine works fine but not sure what this is for? Looks like a 2-3 ball lock but does it ever lock balls in this area? I haven't played enough to know if balls are locked in this area?

#2439 4 years ago

Also man this le is beautiful.. i thought all jjp pins are nice but man wonka le is gorgeous and i cant stop looking at it. Especially bc mine has tons of beautiful mods added.

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was looking at my new purchase last night and saw this also... mine works fine but not sure what this is for? Looks like a 2-3 ball lock but does it ever lock balls in this area? I haven't played enough to know if balls are locked in this area?

Congrats! Fun/pretty game for sure!

It’s not a ball lock, kind of a hybrid. Ball falls in gobstopper and is kicked out from Gob VUK to shooterlane.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Congrats! Fun/pretty game for sure!
It’s not a ball lock, kind of a hybrid. Ball falls in gobstopper and is kicked out from Gob VUK to shooterlane.

Yea i know that but i wonder y there is the other coil and a switch and 2 optos? It cld lock balls from the way its designed. I think i remember reading that it does hold onto balls in some modes and releases them after you hit so many shots or something. This wld make sense as there is no other reason for this design ? Maybe someone will chime in thats made it deeper into the game rules and can comment

#2442 4 years ago

Yeah during gobstopper the super/double supers are earned by locking in at least 2 balls in the secret machine , correct? .. its tough, those magnets really screw me over a lot during multiball.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yeah during gobstopper the super/double supers are earned by locking in at least 2 balls in the secret machine , correct? .. its tough, those magnets really screw me over a lot during multiball.

I figured it did something otherwise there wld b no need for that subway design

#2444 4 years ago

Sort of a very scaled down version of the TAF swamp

#2445 4 years ago

Huh? So during gobstopper, after collecting 5 ramp jackpots- gobstopper opens for the gobstopper super jackpot(awards gobstopper) and locks balls?

I’m confused.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Huh? So during gobstopper, after collecting 5 ramp jackpots- gobstopper opens for the gobstopper super jackpot(awards gobstopper) and locks balls?
I’m confused.

I don’t think it locks multiple in gobstopper multiball. It does in wonkavator though. The number of balls you lock determines a multiplier on the super jackpot I think. It may be a multiplier for the next stage of the multiball. I’m not sure. Either way, it does act as a physical ball lock.

#2447 4 years ago

Yes, gobstopper is not a physical ball lock. Wonkavator is..
I guess -Steiger- is having an issue/same I’ve seen with them on location. Almost seems like a lock because they get stuck with that unneeded coil mech to feed VUK to shooterlane.

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Yes, gobstopper is not a physical ball lock. Wonkavator is..
I guess -Steiger- is having an issue/same I’ve seen with them on location. Almost seems like a lock because they get stuck with that unneeded coil mech to feed VUK to shooterlane.

Nah Im not good enough to actually register what is going on..)

I know there’s a multiball where you need to lock at least 2 balls in before you drain to collect . Probably wonkavator , my bad .

#2449 4 years ago

Hey guys I got to play Willy Wonka for the first time and i have to say i walked away extremely disappointed and underwhelmed. I had been looking forward to buying one but after playing this and the playfield issues im thinking of holding off. I wanted to ask owners and people who have had more time on the game thier opinions. These are the points i left with.

1st. Game was dark like hands down the darkest jjp ive ever seen. The Upper left corner was pitch black and i couldn't see what was back there. Couldnt see the pops either. I've seen a few streams and the game was a lot brighter than this.

2nd. People say this game shoots like butter and the shots are satisfying. I didn't see it. The flippers(at least on this game) had just enough power to barely make it up the ramps. 90% of all shots couldn't make it up ramps, orbits or really anything. Just came right back and drained.

3rd. This game is a brutal drain monster. I heard what people had said and didnt think it would be too bad but boy was i wrong. That left outlane is the stuff of nightmares. Game is right up there with Ghost-busters and star wars. Played 5 games lasted barely 8 minutes

4th. I had no idea what i was supposed to do. I played 5 games and not once did i start a mode, or do anything. I came to the machine with no knowledge and left even more confused than when i started. I stuck around and watched other people play and all were just as frustrated as I was. One customer even went over to the staff and asked what she was supposed to do.

5th. I saw the pooling of the clear coat by the slings that have plauged Wonkas and it's a lot more noticeable than i thought it would be. The jurrasic park had washers on it's slings as well.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys I got to play Willy Wonka for the first time and i have to say i walked away extremely disappointed and underwhelmed. I had been looking forward to buying one but after playing this and the playfield issues im thinking of holding off. I wanted to ask owners and people who have had more time on the game thier opinions. These are the points i left with.
1st. Game was dark like hands down the darkest jjp ive ever seen. The Upper left corner was pitch black and i couldn't see what was back there. Couldnt see the pops either. I've seen a few streams and the game was a lot brighter than this.
2nd. People say this game shoots like butter and the shots are satisfying. I didn't see it. The flippers(at least on this game) had just enough power to barely make it up the ramps. 90% of all shots couldn't make it up ramps, orbits or really anything. Just came right back and drained.
3rd. This game is a brutal drain monster. I heard what people had said and didnt think it would be too bad but boy was i wrong. That left outlane is the stuff of nightmares. Game is right up there with Ghost-busters and star wars. Played 5 games lasted barely 8 minutes
4th. I had no idea what i was supposed to do. I played 5 games and not once did i start a mode, or do anything. I came to the machine with no knowledge and left even more confused than when i started. I stuck around and watched other people play and all were just as frustrated as I was. One customer even went over to the staff and asked what she was supposed to do.
5th. I saw the pooling of the clear coat by the slings that have plauged Wonkas and it's a lot more noticeable than i thought it would be. The jurrasic park had washers on it's slings as well.

I agree with all of your comments, yet I love the game.

1. It is too dark, no question. I'm considering getting some nice Comet LEDs to brighten it up.

2. It does shoot like butter when the flippers are at full power. I played on that was weak, and it was terrible. Mine shoots great, with very strong flippers.

3. It is a drain monster. I'm not sure why the game didn't ship with the left outlane post installed. I played about 5 games before I put it in. Much better. No Brainer.

4. It is hard to figure out what to do at first. It is telling you on the screen, especially the Wonkavision screen, but it's hard to pay attention to that while you're playing. I had to print out the rule sheet, and learn. But now that I understand, it's great. The code is very deep and there are an amazing amount of things you can stack. A great challenge.

5. I do have significant pooling of clear coat. I've been in touch with JJP, I'm hoping for a remedy.

I love the game, but your points are fair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,936 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/49?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.