IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 278.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Considering the movie is just about as German as it gets (soulless, mechanical, boring). And based on a book by a British author, not sure why this matters.
I'm sorry I don't like Wonka as a child serial killer/slave owner. Really insulting to Dahl imo.

Ignore this, don't feed the trolls

#2352 4 years ago

Are there any distributors offering free shipping for a Wonka SE? I do have a local distributor but he only accepts cash for free shipping and I was hoping to instead use Paypal credit.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Are there any distributors offering free shipping for a Wonka SE?

Might be hard to find. They aren't supposed to give extras anymore.

LTG : )

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be hard to find. They aren't supposed to give extras anymore.

Thanks. The MSRP is all the same which I understand. But I do notice distributors will have differences in shipping costs, figured some of them are offering it for free.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

But I do notice distributors will have differences in shipping costs, figured some of them are offering it for free.

I found out a few months back they aren't supposed to be doing extras. Some have removed it from their websites.

Some may get breaks in shipping because of shipping company or reduced prices because they ship a lot. That I'm sure is okay.

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Considering the movie is just about as German as it gets (soulless, mechanical, boring). And based on a book by a British author, not sure why this matters.
I'm sorry I don't like Wonka as a child serial killer/slave owner. Really insulting to Dahl imo.

Wow man seriously you got to be kidding me.The pin is based on movie with Gene Wilder.All of a sudden it’s about slavery and child serial killers.I’m guessing your 30 or younger,that turn everything into racism

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Ignore this, don't feed the trolls

Any opinion I don't like = troll!

Quoted from romulusx:

Wow man seriously you got to be kidding me.The pin is based on movie with Gene Wilder.All of a sudden it’s about slavery and child serial killers.I’m guessing your 30 or younger,that turn everything into racism

Lol cuz a guy who runs a factory where he murders children along with keeping little people as slaves is totally not that at all. Gene Wilder was an overrated actor at best. Great guy in person, great soul. But he was a mediocre performer, and his portrayal of Wonka was just not good, sorry.

and I'm guessing you're dumb cuz you live in Indiana...

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Lol cuz a guy who runs a factory where he murders children along with keeping little people as slaves is totally not that at all.
I'm guessing you're dumb cuz you live in Indiana...

Please don't do this in this thread, this is stupid.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Please don't do this in this thread, this is stupid.

So ignore me.

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Lol cuz a guy who runs a factory where he murders children along with keeping little people as slaves is totally not that at all. Gene Wilder was overrated at best. Great guy in person, great soul. But he was a mediocre actor, and his portrayal of Wonka was just not good, sorry.
and I'm guessing you're dumb cuz you live in Indiana...

Now you done did it I proudly state where I'm from I see you don't
are you ashamed of where your from asshole!

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We decided to watch the movie tonight, and we’ve been playing for hours since. Watching the movie really gave an even greater appreciation for the way the assets were used. My only complaint is my lack of skill, as we STILL haven’t gotten more than one golden ticket. We’re working on it and practicing like crazy, but I need a pinball coach.
I feel bad for the people out on this game over clearcoatgate or audioclipgate.
You are missing a lot of fun.

How is it you can’t get a 2nd golden ticket yet you have completed multiple modes in POTC, which, by most accounts, is a tougher game?!?

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

While neither is perfect, I def am glad they went with Wilder instead of the Depp version...

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

How is it you can’t get a 2nd golden ticket yet you have completed multiple modes in POTC, which, by most accounts, is a tougher game?!?

Wonka is far, far more difficult and hostile than POTC in my view.

Golden tickets, other than the gumball machine “gimme” ticket, are a huge climb.

You get one for getting the Wonkavator super jackpot...3 times in a row. I’ve gotten the first super a couple of times so far.
For another you have to get Gobstopper super jackpots...5 times. When you do this, it puts gobstoppers on the colored plates in front of the gobstopper machine - one for each character just like the movie. So far Susan has collected one Gobstopper. None for me.
You get one for completing all 12 modes on the playfield, and another for kid multiball jackpots.

We are working on it and practicing like crazy, but these are going to keep us busy for a good long time.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka is far, far more difficult and hostile than POTC in my view.
Golden tickets, other than the gumball machine “gimme” ticket, are a huge climb.
You get one for getting the Wonkavator super jackpot...3 times in a row. I’ve gotten the first super a couple of times so far.
For another you have to get Gobstopper super jackpots...5 times. When you do this, it puts gobstoppers on the colored plates in front of the gobstopper machine - one for each character just like the movie. So far Susan has collected one Gobstopper. None for me.
You get one for completing all 12 modes on the playfield, and another for kid multiball jackpots.
We are working on it and practicing like crazy, but these are going to keep us busy for a good long time.

The best of the best have a hard time getting to that final mode. I'll likely never get there, and would be a very long game, but it's fun trying. I got Wonkavator super jackpot twice one game. The ceiling for me is still 2 Golden Tickets and a little over 6 mil.

#2365 4 years ago

1.14 dropped.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.14 September 3, 2019 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12 & V01.13.

=== Game Code

* Improved upper left flipper magnet firing to avoid overheating.
* Improved Wonkavator ball release firing time to avoid trapping a ball.
- NOTE: We recommend changing Elevator Lock Release Time back to default (210)
* Fixed Wonkavator Multiball Super Jackpot issue when dropping two balls in
the Gobstopper hole at nearly the same time.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

#2366 4 years ago

Installed the update today and the game crashed a few times.. anyone else seeing this?

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Installed the update today and the game crashed a few times.. anyone else seeing this?

To Me, 1.13 works so well that I'm holding off on 1.14.

#2368 4 years ago

You might want to contact JJP support and notify them. I did this once and provided logs from the game. They were able to determine that I had an issue with the USB interface and replaced the appropriate parts. Your problem could be less severe, but reporting bugs and crashes helps everyone.

#2369 4 years ago

Been using it for a week and no crashes for me.

#2370 4 years ago

I would first try reloading a fresh copy of 1.14, there are two spots on the download page, USA and a mirror site, try from the other site than the one you used.

If that doesn't do it. Then I'd start over. Full install of the operating system and then install a fresh copy of 1.14.

I haven't hear of crashes on the 1.14. So something went wrong. Didn't like the USB stick or corrupted download.

#2371 4 years ago

So my left ramp enter opto switch is showing an error out of the box. Not registering at all. I tried to look at the transmitter through my iPhone camera but couldn’t see anything from the transmitter on the working opto on the ramp completed so I’m not sure that method works (I think I read it doesn’t work for newer iPhones?)
Anyway, the wires seem to be connected ok to each opto. What’s the next step I should take?

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

What’s the next step I should take?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, pass a ball back and forth between the optos. No worky ? Then follow the wires to the opto driver board underneath the playfield and find their connector and unplug and reseat it and be sure it's on tight and test again.

If no worky then plug that connector into another connectors spot and test again, if it still doesn't work, then you need a new opto set.

#2373 4 years ago

Had an update for my crazy multiballs post: seems the trough boards are wacky. JJP is sending me new ones. Didn't mind 6 ball multiball on every multiball, but it was really a cheap way to blow up my scores. Also, I am hoping they have replacement camera toys soon. I cracked mine with an airball the first week i had the game and had to remove the Oompa/camera toy cuz it was sagging onto the upper ramp.
Had excellent support thus far for my issues though and my SE is getting a lot of play.

#2374 4 years ago

Thanks LTG, it worky now : )
Reseated these connectors here if anyone is wondering...

Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, pass a ball back and forth between the optos. No worky ? Then follow the wires to the opto driver board underneath the playfield and find their connector and unplug and reseat it and be sure it's on tight and test again.
If no worky then plug that connector into another connectors spot and test again, if it still doesn't work, then you need a new opto set.

3D2779B5-763E-47F1-BC96-F8D4658648C5 (resized).jpeg3D2779B5-763E-47F1-BC96-F8D4658648C5 (resized).jpeg
#2375 4 years ago

[edit] double post

#2376 4 years ago

Has anyone actually been able to remove that black plug? If it’s like the one in the goody bag it’s a screw, but how would one screw it out?

Which hole did you insert the spare post & rubber? The one with the black plug or the one below it?

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Has anyone actually been able to remove that black plug? If it’s like the one in the goody bag it’s a screw, but how would one screw it out?

Pretty sure it’s not a screw. You have to lift the PF and then from the underside use a small screwdriver or something to push out the insert.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Pretty sure it’s not a screw. You have to lift the PF and then from the underside use a small screwdriver or something to push out the insert.

I think it's a ribbed push-in rivet.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

rivet (resized).jpgrivet (resized).jpg

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I tried pushing it out from under playfield a couple weeks ago, and couldn't budge it, so I gave up.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I tried pushing it out from under playfield a couple weeks ago, and couldn't budge it, so I gave up.

Same here, looks like it's there to stay. Oh well, I guess I gotta get better at playing!

#2381 4 years ago

Installed my Gobstopper shooter from The Modfather last weekend. Immediately took the Grand Champion score on my first game using it. Coincidence?

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

modfather.jpgmodfather.jpg

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

It's probably been swallowed by the gelatinous clearcoat, and is glued to the surface...

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Same here, looks like it's there to stay. Oh well, I guess I gotta get better at playing!

Same here, it will not budge.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Quoted from crobby:

Quoted from psexton:

Same here, it will not budge.

Quoted from dluth:

Quoted from djreddog:

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I think it's a ribbed push-in rivet.

Yes.

Wonka is my wife's machine, and she wanted the outlane post high, so I figured out a way. It takes quite a bit of force - I used hammer & punch. I suppose I could put the ribbed plastic screw back in the lower hole, but expect that at some point in the future we'll move the outlane post down, or remove it. I tried to be careful and not screw the outlane post in too tight.

Please, no derogatory comments on the heat shrink around the inlane post. I'll end up finding a better thin rubber solution (some suggestions in this thread) or just remove it & leave metal post (also suggested in this thread).
IMG_4147 (resized).jpegIMG_4147 (resized).jpegIMG_4146 (resized).jpegIMG_4146 (resized).jpeg

#2385 4 years ago

Downloaded 1.14 and installed and screen still displays 1.13. Is it me or anyone else have same trouble? Tried it multiple times and screen shows update in progress but when finished, I’m still at 1.13.

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Downloaded 1.14 and installed and screen still displays 1.13. Is it me or anyone else have same trouble? Tried it multiple times and screen shows update in progress but when finished, I’m still at 1.13.

I had a lot of issues updating the code. Try a different usb brand. My original one actually crashed the whole system and i had to do a full code update

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Downloaded 1.14 and installed and screen still displays 1.13.

You didn't install it. ( you tried ). Most likely there was nothing the machine could read on your USB stick.

Follow delta instructions carefully. Try a different USB stick 8GB to 16GB with nothing else on it. And there are two spots to download it from, USA and mirror, try a fresh download from the other one you tried the first time.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow delta instructions carefully.

Possibly this ^^^. I updated last night, and after reboot, the screen showed 1.14 at bottom in settings.

Put all files on usb in trash, empty trash, copy zip to usb, extract on usb, making sure there is not an extra nested folder on windows (Mac didn't do that). Then plug into machine and update, then reboot machine.

#2389 4 years ago

Our LE has arrived and we Love it!

Couple of small issues - the shoot again light stays white all the time and never turns off. In test it works fine - changes color etc.

The ball will just Sir in the gobstopper hole and needs a ball search to clear it.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

The ball will just Sir in the gobstopper hole and needs a ball search to clear it.

Turn up the power on it's VUK.

#2391 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, but it’s not that problem. The ball wont go into the subway. Just sits to the left of the entrance. Game is level with digital measure

E5B47E61-611A-487C-9153-42727704667B (resized).jpegE5B47E61-611A-487C-9153-42727704667B (resized).jpeg
#2392 4 years ago

Might just be small bend in this guide - maybe a gentle return to a curve will work.

0B9D3295-3FF9-46F9-AEAC-38413E5C0EDE (resized).jpeg0B9D3295-3FF9-46F9-AEAC-38413E5C0EDE (resized).jpeg668E5AC4-E6CE-457F-B2CE-F7F72CAB8875 (resized).jpeg668E5AC4-E6CE-457F-B2CE-F7F72CAB8875 (resized).jpeg
#2393 4 years ago

That got it! Now for that ball save light - seems to go white instead of off. Multicoloured when ball save is on.

#2394 4 years ago

Love solving problems - and just invade it happens to anyone else. The cables for LED 36,37 and 38 had all been plugged into each other! So the shoot again light was actually a GI light! Touch more final testing needed there guys/girls.

Only other thing was my start button always showed as an error as “green” and always active on the test screen. The wire was connected to the wrong lug on it - fixed now. Again QC stuff.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Love solving problems - and just invade it happens to anyone else. The cables for LED 36,37 and 38 had all been plugged into each other! So the shoot again light was actually a GI light! Touch more final testing needed there guys/girls.
Only other thing was my start button always showed as an error as “green” and always active on the test screen. The wire was connected to the wrong lug on it - fixed now. Again QC stuff.

WTF? “QC Stuff” like this just reeks of carelessness. It seems everyday a new owner reports “QC Stuff”....don’t they realize after a prolonged period this tarnishes the brand? I know quite a few pinheads that are holding off purchasing due to these QC issues and they would prefer to wait and buy them 2nd hand...afterall, if you’re gonna be fixing issues on a brand new machine, why not fix them on a 2nd hand machine and save thousands?

#2396 4 years ago

WTF? “QC Stuff” like this just reeks of carelessness. It seems everyday a new owner reports “QC Stuff”....don’t they realize after a prolonged period this tarnishes the brand? I know quite a few pinheads that are holding off purchasing due to these QC issues and they would prefer to wait and buy them 2nd hand...afterall, if you’re gonna be fixing issues on a brand new machine, why not fix them on a 2nd hand machine and save thousands?

I've been one of JJP's biggest fanboys ever since I plunked $1 into a Wizard of Oz years ago. Told myself I would own one someday, and had to sell three machines to do it. Now I have a Dialed In and would love to get my hands on a reasonably priced Pirates. My son and I played Wonka at MGC and were blown away. Started the process of selling multiple machines so I could get one.

But after coming to this thread every day and seeing something new when it comes to "QC issues", it's got me feeling really down. Seriously. It's every day! Are they just tightening the final screw then tossing them into a box to be shipped? I get that after the financial failure that Pirates was they are now just trying to satisfy their angel investors, but come on.

I feel bad for all the owners of Wonka who have had to endure this. It really sucks. They will most likely fix everything that is wrong for JJP#6, whether it's GnR or Toy Story, but the damage is done in my eyes.

#2397 4 years ago

Are you yourself holding off on purchasing?

Not just this, but any pin. Ever. I'm curious.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Are you yourself holding off on purchasing?
Not just this, but any pin. Ever. I'm curious.

"any pin"? Even second hand machines that cost a quarter of what a brand new Wonka costs? Can't really compare the two. If it was one or two minor issues, I could understand. But these are major concerns here. And they want us to pay $7500-9500 to get on board? No thanks.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"any pin"? Even second hand machines that cost a quarter of what a brand new Wonka costs? Can't really compare the two. If it was one or two minor issues, I could understand. But these are major concerns here. And they want us to pay $7500-9500 to get on board? No thanks.

Pretty simple really. Don't buy one then. If no one buys, JJP or whichever mfg is putting out a bad product will improve or go out of business.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm not arguing that games are not overpriced, nor am I suggesting that issues with expensive games should be accepted or overlooked. On the contrary, as an owner I expect to get what I pay for and I expect the company to stand by their work.

I just think that a person (not you) that does not and will probably not EVER own a pinball machine who comes to the forum for owners and starts raving about how he and others are boycotting the game over issues as simple as a slightly bent wire just sound like an empty-headed little trolls. And these topics are lousy with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.