IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 278.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I did that, now nothing works.

You killed it. No idea what went wrong. Corrupt download, something you did wrong, wrong USB stick ( they like 8GB to 16GB ones, and not all brands )

You need to start over. Full Install 1.06 - follow instructions carefully. Get that going then do the delta update.

LTG : )

#2252 4 years ago

Ok thanks. Glad to know i cant figure out how to update a jjp game. I thought i was somewhat smart!

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Glad to know i cant figure out how to update a jjp game. I thought i was somewhat smart!

It may not have been you.

The instructions are on the website for both a full install and for delta updates.

And downloads from USA and Europe mirrors. If you used the USA one, try the mirror site.

#2254 4 years ago

Finally success! Updated to 1.13!

#2255 4 years ago

it seems my Wonka is turning every multiball into a 6 ball multiball. it is not every time, but it is quite often. It is losing track of how many ball sare in play as well, ending multiball while there are two ball in play (during these constant feed mutliballs.) what could be causing this?

#2256 4 years ago

Some info, and a question.

INFO:

We installed the extra outlane post in 2nd (highest) position, and put the smallest (3/8" OD) o-ring on it. A 3/8" OD ring on the post between inner lanes caused the ball to usually get stuck when going through leftmost inner lane, as documented in the thread. I don't like cutting down an o-ring, cause I'm sloppy at it, it looks bad (IMO), and they always seem to rotate to the thickest diameter after awhile.

If you want something on that post, for now, I found that 5/32" (4 mm) heat shrink tubing works well over the post, but only lasts ~50-100 games (depends on game length). I'll try to search some thin rubber sleeves with ~4 mm ID that will last longer.

We never had the ball fall out of our trough on our LE, but the ball did get stuck in the upper part of the trough often enough to be annoying. We'd have to wait for a ball search to make a bump that would kick it out and have it go into the trough and be registered, Kind of a bummer on a ball save. So we put two 3/8" rubber pads/bumpers at the end of the trough, under the playfield (see photo, from underneath). Seems to have solved the problem so far, and you cannot see them from above.

Had an unusual ball stick - at the top of the plunger lane, trying for a soft plunge. I couldn't nudge the ball out (tilt warnings). So I waited the 4 (or so) ball search cycles until I got an extra ball. It dropped the ball from the Wonkavator, and while I had 2 balls for awhile (once the active one nudged the stuck ball out), I also lost a locked ball in the Wonkavator.

QUESTION:

We've had our game at both 7.5 and ~6.8-7.0 degrees. At both settings, we get stuck balls in the lane above the pop bumpers. It happens a lot when the bumpers kick the ball back up. It kills the momentum in a game, cause nudging won't get it out & we have to wait for ball search, sometimes 2 cycles. Anyone else have this problem? Is there an adjustment to solve it? Since it's under a bunch of stuff, I'm reluctant to take the time to take it apart unless I know I have to.

Thank!

heat shrink size (resized).jpegheat shrink size (resized).jpegheat shrink on post (resized).jpegheat shrink on post (resized).jpegrubber stoppers under playfield at trough (resized).jpegrubber stoppers under playfield at trough (resized).jpegball stuck at top of plunger lane (resized).jpegball stuck at top of plunger lane (resized).jpeg
#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

it seems my Wonka is turning every multiball into a 6 ball multiball. it is not every time, but it is quite often. It is losing track of how many ball sare in play as well, ending multiball while there are two ball in play (during these constant feed mutliballs.) what could be causing this?

go into your test menu and then tests>switch tests. check to see if you trough optos are working correctly. are all 6 lit? is the jam opto lit? remove the balls from the game and then use the palm of your hand to tap on the playfield. you are looking to see if the optos register when there are none in there. if you have a trough opto issue, then contact your distributor to get a replacement.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Any rules questions, just fire away. I have been helping to update that Tilt Forums wiki as new information becomes available.

I would like to know how to get all 5 golden tickets? How many hits of what? I get the same 2 tickets as everyone else. Should I be concentrating on some other golden ticket from the start? If you fail at a golden ticket attempt, does the progress carry over on the next ball (like killing Smaug in Hobbit)? What multipliers come into play for modes/wizards (like Hobbit and DI)?

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I would like to know how to get all 5 golden tickets? How many hits of what? I get the same 2 tickets as everyone else. Should I be concentrating on some other golden ticket from the start? If you fail at a golden ticket attempt, does the progress carry over on the next ball (like killing Smaug in Hobbit)? What multipliers come into play for modes/wizards (like Hobbit and DI)?

Gobstopper golden ticket is obtained by collecting 5 super jackpots in gobstopper multiball. Light super jackpots by hitting ramps. The number of ramp hits needed increases after each super jackpot. Super jackpots are collected at the gobstopper hole. The number of super jackpots collected is held for the entire game and visible on the main screen as spinning gobstoppers on little pedestals.

Kid Multiball ticket is collected by hitting all 7 jackpots in kid multiball. Each kid has their own shot associated with it for a jackpot. The camera ramp is a double jackpot. Collect 5 jackpots to light super jackpot at the left lane that starts kid multiball. Progress is saved for the entire game.

Wonkavator ticket is collected by finishing 3 stages of wonkavator multiball. First stage is hitting 5 or 6 jackpots. Then you can lock balls in the gobstopper hole. Once you have only 1 ball left and at least one ball locked in the gobstopper hole, hit the right loop from the upper left flipper to put a ball in the wonkavator for a super jackpot. This starts level 2 and gives you all of your balls back. Hit more jackpots and lock balls again to finish level 2. I don’t know what level 3 looks like as I haven’t made it there yet. I’m guessing it’s the same. Progress is saved for the game. I’ve had it where I just had to hit the gobstopper target to open the hole when I restarted the multiball.
You can see all of your progress on all of these in the instant info page.
For multipliers, they work in all modes and multiballs except for the wizard modes. You can’t start Oompa Loompa Odyssey if you have any modes running. You can start Wonka’s Office, but I don’t know what happens to the running modes. I think they get canceled.
Hope that helps.

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Gobstopper golden ticket is obtained by collecting 5 super jackpots in gobstopper multiball. Light super jackpots by hitting ramps. The number of ramp hits needed increases after each super jackpot. Super jackpots are collected at the gobstopper hole. The number of super jackpots collected is held for the entire game and visible on the main screen as spinning gobstoppers on little pedestals.
Kid Multiball ticket is collected by hitting all 7 jackpots in kid multiball. Each kid has their own shot associated with it for a jackpot. The camera ramp is a double jackpot. Collect 5 jackpots to light super jackpot at the left lane that starts kid multiball. Progress is saved for the entire game.
Wonkavator ticket is collected by finishing 3 stages of wonkavator multiball. First stage is hitting 5 or 6 jackpots. Then you can lock balls in the gobstopper hole. Once you have only 1 ball left and at least one ball locked in the gobstopper hole, hit the right loop from the upper left flipper to put a ball in the wonkavator for a super jackpot. This starts level 2 and gives you all of your balls back. Hit more jackpots and lock balls again to finish level 2. I don’t know what level 3 looks like as I haven’t made it there yet. I’m guessing it’s the same. Progress is saved for the game. I’ve had it where I just had to hit the gobstopper target to open the hole when I restarted the multiball.
For multipliers, they work in all modes and multiballs except for the wizard modes. You can’t start Oompa Loompa Odyssey if you have any modes running. You can start Wonka’s Office, but I don’t know what happens to the running modes. I think they get canceled.
Hope that helps.

Thanks - I'll book mark this too to go along with the tilt forums but … what about the other 2 elusive golden tickets - the factory golden ticket and the gumball golden ticket? I can't find much at all about how to get those. The little I've seen in the old outdated rules flowchart is that it seems like they are just from "things" accumulated during the game. What do you have to accomplish for those? Very interested in that info.

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks - I'll book mark this too to go along with the tilt forums but … what about the other 2 elusive golden tickets - the factory golden ticket and the gumball golden ticket? I can't find much at all about how to get those. The little I've seen in the old outdated rules flowchart is that it seems like they are just from "things" accumulated during the game. What do you have to accomplish for those? Very interested in that info.

Factory ticket is obtained by completing all 12 factory modes. These are the modes started at the saucer. You just have to start them, you don’t have to successfully complete them.
Gumball ticket is random. You collect tokens for doing things in the game that are used in the gumball machine. Some examples: x number of sling hits, x number of ramps, going to the end of the instant info page, etc. you get them as you play the game. After 5 are collected, you have a random chance to get a golden ticket when you get one. The chance of getting one goes up until you collect 12. At that point, your chance is 50% every time you collect one. You can get a sense of how many you’ve collected by looking at the gumball machine on the wankavision. The more empty it is, the better your chances of getting a golden ticket. I found setting to change these numbers in settings, which is how I know the percentages. Also, there are multiple levels to many of them. So after so many sling hits, you get level 1. Get a bunch more and you’ll get level 2. I don’t know what the max levels are.

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

INFO:
We installed the extra outlane post in 2nd (highest) position, and put the smallest (3/8" OD) o-ring on it. A 3/8" OD ring on the post between inner lanes caused the ball to usually get stuck when going through leftmost inner lane, as documented in the thread. I don't like cutting down an o-ring, cause I'm sloppy at it, it looks bad (IMO), and they always seem to rotate to the thickest diameter after awhile.
If you want something on that post, for now, I found that 5/32" (4 mm) heat shrink tubing works well over the post, but only lasts ~50-100 games (depends on game length). I'll try to search some thin rubber sleeves with ~4 mm ID that will last longer.

Just a suggestion, maybe a valve rubber for a bicycle would work?
I´m not sure of the right terminology, but hopefully you know what i mean?

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Factory ticket is obtained by completing all 12 factory modes. These are the modes started at the saucer. You just have to start them, you don’t have to successfully complete them.
Gumball ticket is random. You collect tokens for doing things in the game that are used in the gumball machine. Some examples: x number of sling hits, x number of ramps, going to the end of the instant info page, etc. you get them as you play the game. After 5 are collected, you have a random chance to get a golden ticket when you get one. The chance of getting one goes up until you collect 12. At that point, your chance is 50% every time you collect one. You can get a sense of how many you’ve collected by looking at the gumball machine on the wankavision. The more empty it is, the better your chances of getting a golden ticket. I found setting to change these numbers in settings, which is how I know the percentages. Also, there are multiple levels to many of them. So after so many sling hits, you get level 1. Get a bunch more and you’ll get level 2. I don’t know what the max levels are.

That helps - thanks!

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You're thinking o-ring.. something like this would probably work:
https://www.mcmaster.com/94115k008

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Hope that helps.

Great explanation @Weedlum, thanks!

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Quoted from toyotaboy:

You're thinking o-ring.. something like this would probably work:
https://www.mcmaster.com/94115k008

Thanks for the suggestions. The o-ring (5/16" OD) is 1/16" smaller than smallest "pinball" rubber ring of 3/8". Might work with one on each post.

I was thinking more like a sleeve tubing. Thinnest rubber that will last awhile. I like the way the ball feeds through the inlanes faster with the heat shrink tube.

Anyone have any suggestions about ball coming to rest / stopping in the the lane above the pops (under the Wonkavator on the LE)?

-Adam

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the suggestions. The o-ring (5/16" OD) is 1/16" smaller than smallest "pinball" rubber ring of 3/8". Might work with one on each post.
I was thinking more like a sleeve tubing. Thinnest rubber that will last awhile. I like the way the ball feeds through the inlanes faster with the heat shrink tube.
Anyone have any suggestions about ball coming to rest / stopping in the the lane above the pops (under the Wonkavator on the LE)?
-Adam

I was thinking of using a T post rubber and cutting the wide part off. I wonder how wide the narrow part is on one of these....

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I was thinking of using a T post rubber and cutting the wide part off. I wonder how wide the narrow part is on one of these....
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Were the holes for the posts drilled in the wrong place? Can (Will) this be corrected on the CE and on future runs of SE's and LE's?

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Were the holes for the posts drilled in the wrong place? Can (Will) this be corrected on the CE and on future runs of SE's and LE's?

It's more than the post hole location. The post is dead center over the lane guide divider. They could maybe move the sling posts over to make room.

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

INFO:

Just play without a rubber on the post. The post being there gives plenty of player advantage itself.

Putting shrinkwrap around it doesn't serve any purpose but to make a mess. Rubber is there for rebound and to takeup space to narrow the ball path.

#2272 4 years ago

I just started watching Willy Wonka on iTunes for the first time. I immediately thought that the setting looks very German and yes, it was shoot in the Bavaria Studios in Munich... it's weird that it looks so German. I lived in Munich many years. Small world.

#2273 4 years ago

Thanks for the response. All 6 trough lights are lit with balls in them, and not when balls are not in them. On code 1.13. trough jam does not light. No "ghost" trough lights when I tap on the playfield.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

go into your test menu and then tests>switch tests. check to see if you trough optos are working correctly. are all 6 lit? is the jam opto lit? remove the balls from the game and then use the palm of your hand to tap on the playfield. you are looking to see if the optos register when there are none in there. if you have a trough opto issue, then contact your distributor to get a replacement.

#2274 4 years ago

A lot of talk about posts... is everyone missing a post and or plug on left Outlane ?

I seem to drain there many many many times.

Thanks

DBEB4157-CCD5-4605-93E6-7B8836A3B1E2 (resized).jpegDBEB4157-CCD5-4605-93E6-7B8836A3B1E2 (resized).jpeg
#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

. is everyone missing a post and or plug on left Outlane ?

Yes. And a hole under the black plug the yellow arrow is pointing to, too.

An optional post should have been in your games goodie bag to use or not.

6dff7c47643862426f499e63c4afe97d44c4df79.jpeg (resized).jpg6dff7c47643862426f499e63c4afe97d44c4df79.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

-Adam

Mine gets hung above the pops very rarely, and the slightest nudge always dislodges it. You may need to have a look back there after some dismantling.

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

A lot of talk about posts... is everyone missing a post and or plug on left Outlane ?
I seem to drain there many many many times.
Thanks[quoted image]

You need to screw in the optional post that came with your game. I moved the rubber from the other post onto the new one. They did include a spare white post rubber, but having them on both posts hangs the ball up every time.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Hope that helps.

Wonkavator level 2 is like level 1 except each jackpot shot can only be hit once. Level 3 has roving jackpot shots that move around the playfield.

#2279 4 years ago

I just want to say Kaneda is full of sheite Wonka is a bad ass game!

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Quoted from jlatko:

Mine gets hung above the pops very rarely, and the slightest nudge always dislodges it. You may need to have a look back there after some dismantling.

Thanks for the reply. This is kind of what I thought. Nudging hasn't worked, but maybe we need to nudge different.

The ball gets stuck/comes to rest enough to be annoying (especially on multiball or timed modes), but not enough for me to want to take things apart for a "look-see" yet. Game is still too new and getting played a lot. I'll get a flexible rod and put a cloth on it to see if there is anything small in the lane that may be causing the ball to stick.

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just want to say Kaneda is full of sheite Wonka is a bad ass game!

Which version of his opinion, the one where he said this is the best game ever with the best mech ever and it's going to single-handedly change the industry? Or the one where he said it's an awful game that can only be made better by endlessly looping scenes from a mediocre DVD?

But seriously, Kenada makes an entertaining podcast, but his opinions are, at best, worthless.

Wonka is a great game, great layout, great graphics, amazing sound. Only negative I'd say is a painfully average LCD. Wish it was an extended color DMD instead but I realize that ship has pretty much sailed these days.

#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

You need to screw in the optional post that came with your game. I moved the rubber from the other post onto the new one. They did include a spare white post rubber, but having them on both posts hangs the ball up every time.

There were two. Did you put the small one on? I put the outlane post and rubber on, it never sticks. Not even close...?

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

There were two. Did you put the small one on? I put the outlane post and rubber on, it never sticks. Not even close...?

Which hole did you insert the spare post & rubber? The one with the black plug or the one below it?

#2284 4 years ago

Skipnatty Will be streaming the new beta code 1.14 tonight on Buffalo Pinball! Tune in at 8 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

wonka114 (resized).jpgwonka114 (resized).jpg
#2285 4 years ago

Do you have some code notes to share? Interested to see what's different.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Do you have some code notes to share? Interested to see what's different.

I can't share the release notes as the release is not public, but one thing to be aware of is the logic around the kid multiball magnet has changed to work against the overheating/shutting off that's been witnessed. Will be putting it through its paces tonight as a longer session is perfect to test this sort of thing.

#2287 4 years ago

I had a question on how the lcd screens in game interact with the switches. How is that done? Preloaded images on an sd card loaded onto a 4d systems screen with the switch connect from the Playfield to the trigger on the screen?

Thanks

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I had a question on how the lcd screens in game interact with the switches. How is that done? Preloaded images on an sd card loaded onto a 4d systems screen with the switch connect from the Playfield to the trigger on the screen?
Thanks

It’s a monitor hooked up to the control pc. Both monitors are hdmi fed from the computer

#2289 4 years ago

Has anyone explained why Kaneda got kicked out of the live stream last night?

#2290 4 years ago

What was added or changed with 1.14?

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Has anyone explained why Kaneda got kicked out of the live stream last night?

I think I can sum it up with DILLIGAF.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I can sum it up with DILLIGAF.

I understand you don't "GAF", but I'm just wondering if he was being rude, or if it's just another attempt to look away at the issues surrounding this game. If we continue to ignore these things, then it's just going to keep happening. I for one am not a big fan of paying close to five figures for machines that aren't thoroughly inspected before being thrown into a box and shipped out.

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I understand you don't "GAF", but I'm just wondering if he was being rude, or if it's just another attempt to look away at the issues surrounding this game. If we continue to ignore these things, then it's just going to keep happening. I for one am not a big fan of paying close to five figures for machines that aren't thoroughly inspected before being thrown into a box and shipped out.

I don’t think Kaneda is sincere about his quality concerns,as much as he cares about seeming like a crusader for all of us.
We understand your position on JJP quality issues already you’ve made this perfectly clear

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What was added or changed with 1.14?

me too game just needs some notes modes and stuff and could be a killer game, but that stupid scoring system needs to go I hate it

#2295 4 years ago

Kaneda didn't get kicked out. I gave him and Jobber each 60 second timeouts because Skip asked them to stop bickering and they didn't.

#2296 4 years ago

I picked p a nice Slot topper last week... it color changes with RGB LEDs....

Wonka Topper (resized).jpgWonka Topper (resized).jpg
#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I picked p a nice Slot topper last week... it color changes with RGB LEDs....[quoted image]

I got one of those from Vegas and hung it from the ceiling grid above the pin and approximately over the apron so that there wouldn't be any glare. I would have made it into a pin topper (still might), but I'm planning on buying a "regular" pinball topper - either the Laseriffic one that is still being planned/made or tilt topper. I also bought a different Wonka slot topper that the colors don't change (just lights up an orange-ish brown) that will be a topper for a framed signed poster, and some other signed stuff in a shadowbox with RGB LED lighting in the shadow box - still being worked on. I got a chocolate factory photo backdrop and a chocolate bar mold for Wonka embossed bars too for a future party. I think I "might" have taken this theme a little too far this time. Oh, well.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Kaneda didn't get kicked out. I gave him and Jobber each 60 second timeouts because Skip asked them to stop bickering and they didn't.

Then why delete all of his comments? Give them their timeout, then move on. Deleting the comments looks like you're trying to hide something.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Then why delete all of his comments? Give them their timeout, then move on. Deleting the comments looks like you're trying to hide something.

Because Twitch does that automatically as part of the timeout. You'll notice Jobber's comments were also deleted.

#2300 4 years ago

Hi Kevin can you comment on noticible changes in 1.14 code?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/46?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.