IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 279.
#2201 4 years ago

Does it still say “I don’t know what’s going to happen?”

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Does it still say “I don’t know what’s going to happen?”

Yes it does.

#2203 4 years ago

As I play more and am learning the rules and intricacies, I am absolutely loving this game. I was one shot away from the Kid Multi golden ticket tonight, and it was the easiest jackpot: Charlie right up the left ramp. So close!

Anybody have insight on how to start qualifying Kids after playing a few Kid Multi-balls? The display didn't show the normal stuff about spinners left for Augustus, etc... Is there some step you need to accomplish that I am missing? Thanks.

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, they didn't.
It's exactly the same in 1.13 as it was in 1.07 or whatever it shipped with.
Compare this from July 3 to current:

Nice work !

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:Does it still say “I don’t know what’s going to happen?”

I get wonkavator multiball at least once every game I play, and I’ve had the game since 1.09, and it’s identical. is your game messed up or something?

#2206 4 years ago

Yeah, no changes since games were shipped out, only since the reveal, that I can tell.

#2207 4 years ago

Confirmed. It still says it. I was mistaken.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Confirmed. It still says it. I was mistaken.

What a lot of people who don't play WW very much (or only watch streams) do not realize is just how often this game mixes things up to avoid being repetitive. Sound clips and callouts differ from time to time. The Wonkatania Mania mode apparently has the bloodcurling scream that Wonka does in the movie, but only some of the time (and I almost always drain immediately on that mode so I may never hear it). Wonka Wash mode sometimes plays the clip of him saying it backwards, and then shows the words "Hsaw Aknow" on the screen at mode start. There are many other examples and the game feels different every single time I play it.

#2209 4 years ago

I have searched the forum and this thread, but may be looking for the wrong terms....

What angle do you guys/gals have playfield set at? Our distributor set ours up at 7.5 deg, and said that it's really up to us. JJP website has no recommended starting angle that I can find. Stern recommends ~6.5 deg, and then adjust from there based on preference. I have our Sterns (SWLE, Beatles, LOTR) at 6.5 deg, cause they are too brutal for us at steeper angles.

So, is there a recommended starting point for JJP, and specifically Wonka?

#2210 4 years ago

Setup instructions recommend all the leg levelers be threaded all the way in.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

So, is there a recommended starting point for JJP, and specifically Wonka?

I use 6 1/2 degrees.

LTG : )

#2212 4 years ago

I love the game. Great shots, fun code, lots to do.

My major complaint is that the feed out of the pops frequently sends it SDTM. This is all too familiar for those of us that have spent time on TWD. On TWD, fixing it was primarily an issue of getting the side to side level just right. I haven't yet figured out the exact set up for WW to avoid this issue.

Please, designers, stop repeating this design flaw.

However, I totally disagree with the criticism that there is not enough theme integration. I think the theme is all through this game. There are clips of, and references to most of the major scenes (but no inflating blueberry?). I agree, there should be accompanying audio for these clips.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My major complaint is that the feed out of the pops frequently sends it SDTM. This is all too familiar for those of us that have spent time on TWD. On TWD, fixing it was primarily an issue of getting the side to side level just right. I haven't yet figured out the exact set up for WW to avoid this issue.
However, I totally disagree with the criticism that there is not enough theme integration. I think the theme is all through this game. There are clips of, and references to most of the major scenes (but no inflating blueberry?). I agree, there should be accompanying audio for these clips.

Anxious for a fat code update to integrate more WONKA into this game

#2214 4 years ago

Finally got an Oompa Loompa super jackpot! Also, had a huge Dots! Dots! Dots! of 1,520,000. I had 5x playfield running and hammered the orbits and captive ball. Think I reset the timer with another computer award to extend it. Still trying for that illusive 3rd golden ticket.

I agree that I see or hear something different every time I play. I think the package is very impressive for an initial code set. Even greater things are coming with further updates, I am sure.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I believe the newest code pulses the magnets so it helps with drains out of the pop bumper area ....

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Finally got an Oompa Loompa super jackpot! Also, had a huge Dots! Dots! Dots! of 1,520,000. I had 5x playfield running and hammered the orbits and captive ball. Think I reset the timer with another computer award to extend it. Still trying for that illusive 3rd golden ticket.
I agree that I see or hear something different every time I play. I think the package is very impressive for an initial code set. Even greater things are coming with further updates, I am sure.

Finally got that third golden ticket tonight. Don’t even know how, but had kid and gobstopper running together. I have to give credit to JJP, no matter how deep in a game you get, they always mix it up quite a bit. I have yet to play a pin coded by keefer that doesn’t keep you absolutely hooked. Some of it is almost sadistic, but what a blast.

After peaking around 6-7mil on a few games, I finally have a decent strategy to start off and it’s made a huge difference. I typically am starting a two ball kid MB, and Found I made the most progress that way. I can usually get gobstopper MB running after one or two KId MB’s, and after that it’s off to the races. My score tonight after getting the third ticket was a little over 13mil. I am on 3 ball with a 10 second BS, but I do have the kickback post installed. It was just absolutely brutal before hand, especially when you add in the pop drains (the new 1.13 seems to have stopped a lot of this surprisingly)

Honestly, after watching some of the streams and comments, I wasn’t sure if I was going to love wonka like my other pins. Boy was I wrong. They really do an amazing job mixing everything together, and even though it’s a new release, the code is incredibly deep and interesting. I’m glad I didn’t listen to some of the naysayers, because this pin is absolutely fantastic. Congrats to JJP and their team, once again I’m pleasantly surprised at how much fun their pins are.

#2217 4 years ago

Forgot to add third golden ticket pic. It seems to light only certain tickets for certain achievements. I don’t know which one are which, but if I figure it out I’ll post it up.

CEC45928-4CD7-42B1-A5DA-749BD31B8FA9 (resized).jpegCEC45928-4CD7-42B1-A5DA-749BD31B8FA9 (resized).jpeg
#2218 4 years ago

My Buddy Dominic who's one of the best players in the country lit up Wonka tonight!!! Nearly 24 million! I finally got to see the Imagination Mode, it was awesome! He got all five wonka bars. NOTE TO JJP... you have to be one of the best players on planet earth to reach Imagination. Holy cow there needs to be a setting for easy or something... everyone should be able to see the imagination mode no matter what level player they are. Either way the mode was amazing.

IMG_5106 (resized).jpgIMG_5106 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgIMG_5107 (resized).jpgIMG_5108 (resized).jpgIMG_5108 (resized).jpg

#2219 4 years ago

Awesome! Haha here I thought I did something getting three tickets! He must’ve absolutely slaughtered that thing. Awesome job!

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Awesome! Haha here I thought I did something getting three tickets! He must’ve absolutely slaughtered that thing. Awesome job!

You know what this is the highest score I've ever seen on ANY JJP game. Dom got about 6 million on Pirates, he's beat Hobbit, he beat Dialed In and I've never seen a score this high on a JJP game. They jacked up the scoring a bit for Wonka.

He waxed this game! So essentially he beat the game. The game is NOT easy at all.

#2221 4 years ago

btw come over to my facebook page if you want to see the imagination mode... https://www.facebook.com/larry.frightner

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know what this is the highest score I've ever seen on ANY JJP game. Dom got about 6 million on Pirates, he's beat Hobbit, he beat Dialed In and I've never seen a score this high on a JJP game. They jacked up the scoring a bit for Wonka.
He waxed this game! So essentially he beat the game. The game is NOT easy at all.

Talent sucks sometimes..

Great to read this though, wish I was good enough , this game is so much fun for all ages/skill sets

#2223 4 years ago

Spotted at our local ice cream shop..

0824356E-BADF-4A4A-B606-81A8F55E0806 (resized).jpeg0824356E-BADF-4A4A-B606-81A8F55E0806 (resized).jpeg
#2224 4 years ago

Now that is funny!!!! Love it!

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NOTE TO JJP... you have to be one of the best players on planet earth to reach Imagination. Holy cow there needs to be a setting for easy or something... everyone should be able to see the imagination mode no matter what level player they are.

Strong disagree.

#2226 4 years ago

Couldn't you just put it on maximum balls, easiest difficulty setting? I don't have a problem with people doing that if it makes the game more fun. I sometimes set my games on 5 balls, easiest settings, so my kids and their friends have fun playing pinball.

#2227 4 years ago

Just got my Wonkavator in the mail. 20 minutes to install. Besides the “Big Points” mood this is the next best mod to have.

19426F56-2F71-4E06-9144-720F0C75B3BC (resized).jpeg19426F56-2F71-4E06-9144-720F0C75B3BC (resized).jpeg2A7275F4-D2BB-4A56-9193-486841532016 (resized).jpeg2A7275F4-D2BB-4A56-9193-486841532016 (resized).jpeg6EB6B199-3D5D-4AF4-A342-45B0D21D53C4 (resized).jpeg6EB6B199-3D5D-4AF4-A342-45B0D21D53C4 (resized).jpegBE66D1FA-A042-4A67-ADDE-0963B06C3CBB (resized).jpegBE66D1FA-A042-4A67-ADDE-0963B06C3CBB (resized).jpegD3F6C55B-B118-4344-A88D-1B714F5E813E (resized).jpegD3F6C55B-B118-4344-A88D-1B714F5E813E (resized).jpegD3F73018-AAF7-4EFD-9CED-FB0E6CA63632 (resized).jpegD3F73018-AAF7-4EFD-9CED-FB0E6CA63632 (resized).jpeg
#2228 4 years ago

Is that Lermod’s?
Can you post a short video please?
This is high on my list along with Metal Mods factory and tube mod

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is that Lermod’s?
Can you post a short video please?
This is high on my list along with Metal Mods factory and tube mod

There is one on our product page: https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

It’s lights when the super spinner lights.

#2230 4 years ago

Could you post a working link please?Ive tried numerous times do you have a you tube vid?

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Could you post a working link please?Ive tried numerous times do you have a you tube vid?

Link works fine...

#2232 4 years ago

Is there a link to the install instructions?

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there a link to the install instructions?

Yes, under support, then installs.

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Forgot to add third golden ticket pic. It seems to light only certain tickets for certain achievements. I don’t know which one are which, but if I figure it out I’ll post it up.[quoted image]

Well done! Next time, go into instant info mode by holding a flipper, and advance to the golden ticket summary page. It will show you which tickets you earned, and what you still need to do to get the others.

#2236 4 years ago

Thanks man,I don't know why I was having trouble

#2237 4 years ago

This may have been asked, but have you ever had only red shots lit on the golden egg mode? I cradled the ball and every shot was red. There wasn’t a green shot. Is this suppose to occur?

#2238 4 years ago

I was hoping the Lermods Wonkanator would light up the upper left playfield and my fizzie bottles.

B9EBD042-0873-416D-B4EE-A2B51080ECF8 (resized).jpegB9EBD042-0873-416D-B4EE-A2B51080ECF8 (resized).jpeg
#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

This may have been asked, but have you ever had only red shots lit on the golden egg mode? I cradled the ball and every shot was red. There wasn’t a green shot. Is this suppose to occur?

Hmmm. Not sure if I have seen no green shots available. I know I have hit multiple red shots, and it still progresses through the mode and allows you to finish.

#2240 4 years ago

My wife blew this thing up tonight - completely destroyed my 2.6M high score!

FF885EF8-B27F-43FC-9222-3FDE9517B723.jpegFF885EF8-B27F-43FC-9222-3FDE9517B723.jpeg
#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

btw come over to my facebook page if you want to see the imagination mode... https://www.facebook.com/larry.frightner

I don't and I won't Facebook, would you make it available here?

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was hoping the Lermods Wonkanator would light up the upper left playfield and my fizzie bottles.[quoted image]

The wonkavator is interactive so it’s not lit or spinning all the time. If you want to light the dark back area, a backboard light will do that.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light-kit

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wife blew this thing up tonight - completely destroyed my 2.6M high score![quoted image]

I see she put the glass back on before taking the picture. Smart.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Awesome video, Thanks for sharing

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I see she put the glass back on before taking the picture. Smart.

Actually I saw the whole thing. I was next to her playing JP and as she started approaching my score I drained out and just stared.

I’m really glad that she doesn’t just tolerate pinball, she’s fully into it. She practices constantly, works hard at improving, and is a forbidable competitor.

#2246 4 years ago

I finally got around to updating the code and the diverter works correctly as intended now. My first game on the new code I got Grand Champion and got to play the office for the first time. Still stuck at only getting two golden tickets. I still need to figure out many things with this game and wish there was a good written rulesheet with explanations on what qualifies what.

20190901_120452 (resized).jpg20190901_120452 (resized).jpg
#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I finally got around to updating the code and the diverter works correctly as intended now. My first game on the new code I got Grand Champion and got to play the office for the first time. Still stuck at only getting two golden tickets. I still need to figure out many things with this game and wish there was a good written rulesheet with explanations on what qualifies what.[quoted image]

I don’t know if this help you, but take a look at this page.

http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I don’t know if this help you, but take a look at this page.
http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

Yes, that helps and is a good start. I'll keep checking back on it for updates. Thanks

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I finally got around to updating the code and the diverter works correctly as intended now. My first game on the new code I got Grand Champion and got to play the office for the first time. Still stuck at only getting two golden tickets. I still need to figure out many things with this game and wish there was a good written rulesheet with explanations on what qualifies what.[quoted image]

Any rules questions, just fire away. I have been helping to update that Tilt Forums wiki as new information becomes available.

#2250 4 years ago

Help!!!! Ive been trying to update my code for weeks. I tried a differe t usb drive today, and it said update complete, remove usb and restart game. I did that, now nothing works. The screens are on, but nothing on them. No playfield lights, nothing at all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/45?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.