IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 278.
#2151 4 years ago

I’ve made it to Wonka’s office twice, but have not yet gotten more than 2 tickets.

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

So, my diverter magnet stopped working all of a sudden during a game. Anybody else experience this? I ran the test and it said the magnet was cooling. Hmmm... I'll try it tomorrow to see if it comes back. Bummer.

Yes, mine did it yesterday , marathon game.. made wonkavator locks and kid jackpots nigh on impossible. Will check today whats up as I parked the game at my sisters house for her family to enjoy over the school holidays

#2153 4 years ago

Kid magnet is up and running today , no adjustments, must’ve been overloaded due to my phenomenal gameplay...uhhhr

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Kid magnet is up and running today , no adjustments, must’ve been overloaded due to my phenomenal gameplay...uhhhr

In one of the recent updates, it lists adding some magnet cooling time code. Maybe that's why you didn't see that before. I was in a Wonka release party tournament over the weekend and the magnet stopped working. That bugged me because "I could have made that shot if it was working". Anyway ... looks like they might have to look into that further, code wise ... or ... maybe I'll have to look at modding a fan to cool the magnet in my pin if the cooling just needs to happen for that long.

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Definitely something to watch and report to JJP if it keeps occuring. I remember seeing something in the code update notes about a magnet cool down modification, so they have been working to make it better.

#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

In one of the recent updates, it lists adding some magnet cooling time code. Maybe that's why you didn't see that before. I was in a Wonka release party tournament over the weekend and the magnet stopped working. That bugged me because "I could have made that shot if it was working". Anyway ... looks like they might have to look into that further, code wise ... or ... maybe I'll have to look at modding a fan to cool the magnet in my pin if the cooling just needs to happen for that long.

So seems pretty common then. Can kid multi even be started when it fails? Not sure. That would break things if true.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Man.. I had 2 mil on my first ball, earned 2 extra’s, wonkavator lock 3 lit, 5 kids ready to go, and that shot was impossible to make without the magnet.. a “little bugged” was not how my friends saw me yesterday )

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

So seems pretty common then. Can kid multi even be started when it fails? Not sure. That would break things if true.

Dont think so , I knocked it in repeatedly hard enough to hit the target but it would not activate

#2159 4 years ago

Maybe the CE will have liquid cooled magnets. (Just joking.) Joe will hopefully find a good solution through code that will keep the magnet cool and happy, and yet not overheat the player.

#2160 4 years ago

My youngest daughter is making a dollar an hour , she fits in the cab and fans it with her hands

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe the CE will have liquid cooled magnets. (Just joking.) Joe will hopefully find a good solution through code that will keep the magnet cool and happy, and yet not overheat the player.

Im sure he will, done a great job so far!

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The se and le allready has liquid cooled magnets.
They call it playfield cooling.

#2163 4 years ago

Maybe...... (just maybe......) The kid magnet over-heating has ALWAYS been a problem, and since the beginning, the diverter was programmed in such a way to intentionally miss on occasion, thus bypassing the magnet to let it cool..... giving us the "diverter only working half the time" thing..

Hmmmmm........

#2164 4 years ago

We've only played with SW 1.13 since our LE arrived on Saturday.

Sometimes (but not all the time), when the ball is coming out of the pop bumpers, seemingly headed SDTM, the magnets take the ball off course, just enough that the ball hits a flipper, or maybe sometimes a sling.

Was this always there, or is it maybe something new to address the danger of the pop bumpers?

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Sometimes (but not all the time), when the ball is coming out of the pop bumpers, seemingly headed SDTM, the magnets take the ball off course, just enough that the ball hits a flipper, or maybe sometimes a sling.
Was this always there, or is it maybe something new to address the danger of the pop bumpers?

Oh I will love it if that is the case. I've gotten in the habit of shaking the machine as the ball exits the pops to defend against this.

#2166 4 years ago

Once you have collected the Oompa Loompa Odyssey jackpots, where is the super collected? Thanks.

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I think the middle magnet only turns on during certain modes, so it isn't on all the time.

#2168 4 years ago

Is there a way to earn an extra ball by point total?

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is there a way to earn an extra ball by point total?

Pretty sure in settings there are score awards that can be enabled. You can probably set those to extra ball. I changed my special award to extra ball. Can use all the help I can get.

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Pretty sure in settings there are score awards that can be enabled. You can probably set those to extra ball. I changed my special award to extra ball. Can use all the help I can get.

This is correct. Set your Replay score to Extra Ball instead. It starts around 220,000 and goes up and down depending on how you're doing (like any other Replay score does).

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Dont think so , I knocked it in repeatedly hard enough to hit the target but it would not activate

Happened to me again tonight during a long game. Guess we all need to report this problem and hopefully they come up with something to address it.

I actually made it to and finished Wonka's Office for the first time tonight. I think it only took 3 shots. Not sure how to extend it. Started with left ramp, then right ramp. Then I hit the scoop and directly up the center ramp to finish it for 220K mode total or something. It was over so fast, but the winning shot movie scene was satisfying.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Can kid multi even be started when it fails? Not sure.

Yes, Kid multiball CAN be started when the magnet is in cooldown mode. Just hit the target with a right flipper tip shot. the ball will then just roll down to the flippers, and you can play while the animation is running. If you happen to then hit it to the wonkavision saucer, the saucer will then hold the ball until the animation is done, eject ball and kid multi is under way. I did this twice last night.

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Yes, Kid multiball CAN be started when the magnet is in cooldown mode. Just hit the target with a right flipper tip shot. the ball will then just roll down to the flippers, and you can play while the animation is running. If you happen to then hit it to the wonkavision saucer, the saucer will then hold the ball until the animation is done, eject ball and kid multi is under way. I did this twice last night.

Cool, thanks for confirming this

#2174 4 years ago

So far ( 2 weeks with my LE ) no errors, I havnt updated the code yet.

#2175 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the Wonkavator multi ball on my LE. When multi ball is triggered, the white nylon shaft retracts and the first ball deploys, but the second ball hangs up - it looks like the shaft retracts but returns too soon before the second ball deploys. Once the first ball drains, a ball search begins and the second and third balls go into play as normal. Is there a way to adjust the timing on the nylon shaft or is there another fix?

Thanks!

#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm having an issue with the Wonkavator multi ball on my LE. When multi ball is triggered, the white nylon shaft retracts and the first ball deploys, but the second ball hangs up - it looks like the shaft retracts but returns too soon before the second ball deploys. Once the first ball drains, a ball search begins and the second and third balls go into play as normal. Is there a way to adjust the timing on the nylon shaft or is there another fix?
Thanks!

Yup it's in the settings. Buddy if mine had same issue and it solved it no worries.

#2177 4 years ago

Thanks!

There is. Go Into the menu settings and find coil settings. There you can change the delay of the release. I put mine on 190 I think, which was the quickest in ms (milliseconds). I had the same issue and it fixed it.

#2178 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

There is. Go Into the menu settings and find coil settings. There you can change the delay of the release. I put mine on 190 I think, which was the quickest in ms (milliseconds). I had the same issue and it fixed it.

While you're in settings, go to your auto plunger and change the strength to about 11. Keeps the ball save out of the pops.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thank you spandol. I set the delay on the release to 190 and now it works perfectly!

#2180 4 years ago

Thank you spandol. I set the delay on the release to 190 and now it works perfectly!

You’re welcome. Glad I could help.

#2181 4 years ago

Does anyone’s Wonka have an odd boot up sequence? When we turn it on, it will turn on, start booting up, then then off, then back on quickly, loud pop, etc...is this normal?

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Does anyone’s Wonka have an odd boot up sequence? When we turn it on, it will turn on, start booting up, then then off, then back on quickly, loud pop, etc...is this normal?

Mine does the same at start up. with no issues

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Mine does the same at start up. with no issues

That shit freaked me out when I first got my Wonka.Dialed In does not do this

#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Yep, strange as it is, that's how all the JJP games I have owned boot up. At least the WOZ, Hobbit and Wonka.

#2185 4 years ago

Yep, strange as it is, that's how all the JJP games I have owned boot up. At least the WOZ, Hobbit and Wonka.

Same thing with my POTC. Harryhoudini has a filter that will block the loud pop on his site:

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

#2186 4 years ago

Given the minor issues with the coils and other adjustable settings, is there a way to compile all the current users Recommended Custom Settings into one post and keep updating it? Is there a thread for that?

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Given the minor issues with the coils and other adjustable settings, is there a way to compile all the current users Recommended Custom Settings into one post and keep updating it? Is there a thread for that?

Great Idea!

#2188 4 years ago

Also, what are people's feeling towards Willy Wonka vs Dialed in? I'm actually a bit conflicted on which LE I should get???? Would like to hear from owners!

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Also, what are people's feeling towards Willy Wonka vs Dialed in? I'm actually a bit conflicted on which LE I should get???? Would like to hear from owners!

I’ve owned both, I feel both are similar in ways, but the overall package is more
Together on wonka imo. I’ve own all jjps. I’d never trade a wonka le for a dialed in. I’ll leave it at that.

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

While you're in settings, go to your auto plunger and change the strength to about 11. Keeps the ball save out of the pops.

We tried putting our auto plunger at 11 on our 3-day-old LE. It put the ball in the saucer 3 times in a row. We've modified the playfiield (outlane posts) and settings to make our machine easier because we're not great players, but even my wife thought that was too much.

We tried to split the difference at 15, but one time that caused a problem in multiball where the coil didn't quite get a ball to the top of the plunger lane / shooter alley. Then the next ball plunged up and hit the first ball coming back down. After a few cycles of this, the machine paused briefly, allowing both balls to settle at the bottom, then sent a stronger auto plunge to get both balls up.

For now, we have returned auto plunge strength to the default of 20.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I’ve owned both, I feel both are similar in ways, but the overall package is more
Together on wonka imo. I’ve own all jjps. I’d never trade a wonka le for a dialed in. I’ll leave it at that.

That's a bold statement!

#2192 4 years ago

I hope everyone is still playing the hell out of this game, with some occasional ironing and maintainance work..

The more I play the more fun it gets, digging into all the deeper rules and so on

#2193 4 years ago

I had to change my auto-plunger coil strength back up to 20, it was really clogging things up during multi-balls. Bummer. Now I'm back in the pops again.

#2194 4 years ago

I had to change my auto-plunger coil strength back up to 20, it was really clogging things up during multi-balls. Bummer. Now I'm back in the pops again.

Yep, thats a downside.. if you get 2 balls, or even 3, sometimes you can tap the plunger hard enough to get them just over the edge into the pf.
The art of manual multiball plunging is getting a little lost art. All auto these days

#2195 4 years ago

I experienced this as well. So for now what I did was turned it up to 24, so far so good. At least it goes into the pops for some action before draining, whereas before the ball was auto-plunging cleanly through the pops SDTM.

#2196 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I hope everyone is still playing the hell out of this game, with some occasional ironing and maintainance work..
The more I play the more fun it gets, digging into all the deeper rules and so on

100% fun. Love the game. Took longer than I’d like to get it working (had to swap CPU and memory) but it’s a lot of fun.

A bit frustrating that JJP still can’t get the whole package right, including having a manual ready at ship time, but I guess we’ll live with it given the other benefits the company delivers like solid build quality, great playfield/video/sound integration and appealing (to me) themes.

Stlll, if they could release everything at once, including the CE details they’d make a lot more money.

#2197 4 years ago

It does seem as though the most recent code update changed the video/audio for Wonkavator multiball. They shortened it, took out at least one of the callouts. Why'd they do that? Lame.

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It does seem as though the most recent code update changed the video/audio for Wonkavator multiball. They shortened it, took out at least one of the callouts. Why'd they do that? Lame.

No, they didn't.

It's exactly the same in 1.13 as it was in 1.07 or whatever it shipped with.

Compare this from July 3 to current:

#2199 4 years ago

It has changed from the 'alpha' code, or whatever was in place, at the Wonka reveal.

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

It has changed from the 'alpha' code, or whatever was in place, at the Wonka reveal.

Right. It did change from the reveal, but it did not change in the latest code update as suggested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
12,500 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/44?hl=jlatko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.