IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 279.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Did you guys install the optional left post? The outlanes are such brutal ball drainers, I'm tempted.
This is my first JJP machine. I looked for a tilt sensitivity setting, or a way to turn the tilt off entirely, but couldn't find it. I was only able to find the number of warnings per ball/game setting. I must be missing it somewhere? Thanks.

I installed it. You will need to move the center lane rubber (or use a similar small rubber) to that post though in order to allow the ball to properly drain (which is kinda BS if you think about it). It makes the game play better though. Still tough, still relatively short ball times, but you have an actual fighting chance if the ball goes anywhere near the left outlane. I recommend it.

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

By default, the first Augustus combo is right ramp->left orbit. The second one is left ramp->right ramp->left orbit. I do believe the center ramp gets added for the 3rd one, but no one ever gets that far in the office.

It'll work for 1.06 and anything later. Any of our delta updates that specify a minimum version will work on anything later.

Thanks! Very helpful.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I installed it. You will need to move the center lane rubber (or use a similar small rubber) to that post though in order to allow the ball to properly drain (which is kinda BS if you think about it). It makes the game play better though. Still tough, still relatively short ball times, but you have an actual fighting chance if the ball goes anywhere near the left outlane. I recommend it.

Not sure what you mean about moving the center lane rubber?

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Not sure what you mean about moving the center lane rubber?

He meant to say remove the center rubber or else balls will get stuck.

#2105 4 years ago

This is silly, but... Where is the USB port? JJP Support says: To locate the USB port, open the coin door and look towards the end of the the coin box. The USB port is attached to the back horizontal wooden support just to the left of the coin box.

But I still can't find it. Thanks!

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

This is silly, but... Where is the USB port? JJP Support says: To locate the USB port, open the coin door and look towards the end of the the coin box. The USB port is attached to the back horizontal wooden support just to the left of the coin box.
But I still can't find it. Thanks!

It may have fell behind the coin box or on the other side of the wood divider. It’s cable tied to the side of the cabinet. It’s a USB extender cable.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It may have fell behind the coin box or on the other side of the wood divider. It’s cable tied to the side of the cabinet. It’s a USB extender cable.

Yup, it is in plain site, but I ignored it, thinking it was a cable and not an extender port. Got it now, thanks!

#2108 4 years ago

Wonka back up and running!
Big Thanks to Zach Meny @ Flipnout Pinball

#2109 4 years ago

Did the new update add new or different sling sounds?

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka back up and running!
Big Thanks to Zach Meny @ Flipnout Pinball

You couldn't even play it?!?

Chipped playfields, bummer.
Diverter not working properly, that stinks.

But not being able to play AT ALL? Yikes. Good thing I'm waiting.

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not that big of a deal,I have a lot of other pins to play and it was only two days.Pinball machines are complicated pieces of machinery,shit happens but Flipnout pinball got me taking care of.You need to relax your attitude and be realistic or get a new hobby.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not that big of a deal,I have a lot of other pins to play and it was only two days.Pinball machines are complicated pieces of machinery,shit happens but Flipnout pinball got me taking care of.You need to relax your attitude and be realistic or get a new hobby.

That’s similar to what you hear from a used car salesman.

#2113 4 years ago

OMG - No idea what happened here.

#1. After I installed the 1.13 update using the USB Key.

a. When game restarted it still said 1.08 and now the "Enter" button causes game to restart.
b. The "Enter" key no longer works. Thus none of the "menu" options can be accessed as it just restarts OS mode

Any ideas how to fix this?

#2114 4 years ago

Went to Boxcar Greensboro to play a brand new wonka Le and it’s already broken.....this is the first one I’ve seen and I was excited to finally play one. Hope it’s fixed soon
E2D88614-DF6A-42D9-A806-9595E2137E45 (resized).jpegE2D88614-DF6A-42D9-A806-9595E2137E45 (resized).jpeg

#2115 4 years ago

2 days old, trough error - kept ejecting balls into play. Switch 006 flaky in switch test (flippers/vibration were activating it sporadically) , reflowed everything. Seems to be okay now. Talked to Steve Z at tech support, new optos on the way. Great support JJP!

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

After I installed the 1.13 update using the USB Key.

When game restarted it still said 1.08

Didn't update. Something went wrong.

now the "Enter" button causes game to restart

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'd start over. Do a full install of the operating system. Follow directions carefully for a full install on the website. USB stick 8GB to 16GB.

LTG : )

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

2 days old, trough error - kept ejecting balls into play. Switch 006 flaky in switch test (flippers/vibration were activating it sporadically) , reflowed everything. Seems to be okay now. Talked to Steve Z at tech support, new optos on the way. Great support JJP!

Yep me too

#2118 4 years ago

JJP is doing what they can there technician support has been nothing but awesome.

Working out some beginning Wonka issues.
When everything is ironed out we will all have a amazing playing pinball machines.

Steve helped me for over an hour on the phone. He's a great asset.

Thank you Jersey Jack!

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Would you put a sock in it? For heavens sake... We get it, you're not buying one... Cool... Would you like a pat on the back or something?

Machines fail, they just do... This isn't revolutionary or new... Or so I thought at least.

Jeff

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Would you put a sock in it? For heavens sake... We get it, you're not buying one... Cool... Would you like a pat on the back or something?
Machines fail, they just do... This isn't revolutionary or new... Or so I thought at least.
Jeff

Never mind he’s a waste of time

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Never mind he’s a waste of time

Yep some folks just don't get it.
Lol
Fine art like our Wonka's take time to develop.

Got mine from Zach as well.
He was mega fast to address issues.
He's a great asset to our pinball community.
Definitely buy from Flipnout Pinball you won't regret it!

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Yep some folks just don't get it.
Lol
Fine art like our Wonka's take time to develop.
Got mine from Zach as well.
He was mega fast to address issues.
He's a great asset to our pinball community.
Definitely buy from Flipnout Pinball you won't regret it!

Zach at flip n out is amazing

#2123 4 years ago

After playing my WW for 2 weeks, almost every day, I was able to give an honest review. Friends and family are having a blast playing the game. I've had zero issues, other than the diverter, which has been fixed with recent code. Big shout-out and thanks to Chris @ KingPin, who personally delivered my game the day after he received them. My first NIB pin and JJP's build quality is amazing. The LE has all the upgrades that make the pin look great. If your on the fence about buying a Wonka, don't wait. Go get yourself one of the funnest, best playing, best quality pinball games available.

IMG_3362 (resized).JPGIMG_3362 (resized).JPGIMG_4024 (resized).JPGIMG_4024 (resized).JPGIMG_4386 (resized).JPGIMG_4386 (resized).JPG
#2124 4 years ago

As of now after owning a SE wonka since day one I can say the only 2 issue I have are the following
1. Clear bunching which everyone seems to have that problem even new stern jp2 are in the same boat I’m not happy with it but seems either we need to either protest stop buying NIB or just deal with it ( but it’s nit right).
2. The diverter was missing 30% of the shots, but after the new update 1.13 I haven't got any bad diverter issues (diverter issue is fix) Everything else has been working great with no issues.
From the 6 pin line up we own the family and myself cant get enough of wonka definitely a pin to own jjp did a great job on Wonka funny how you look at the rating reviews and you can totally see a group of ignorant people giving bad reviews for dumb reason theres some kind of battle going on dont know why..

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

1. Clear bunching which everyone seems to have that problem even new stern jp2.

Amazing how this is now becoming just a “standard issue.” It’s unacceptable IMO. And I did not follow through on my WW reservation because of it.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Amazing how this is now becoming just a “standard issue.” It’s unacceptable IMO. And I did not follow through on my WW reservation because of it.

I dont think it is regarded as standard issue..

Like myself , If you bought one you have to deal with it any bunching of clear for now, getting wound up about it every day wont make life easier. ( no I dont like it and it isnt right.)

If you havent bought one yet , you still have the choice to wait it out and all the info needed to make that choice.

But... The game itself though is fun as, ) Ive never seen my friends and family so excited to play pinball in years , and Ive had almost every new game out over the last few years

#2127 4 years ago

Joined the club today. LE 565, born on 8/15 (my dad's birthday). My wife loves it, as do I. Installed SW 1.13 update right away, so no diverter issues. Had a couple air balls stick in strange places. Great fun. Very different than Stern (we have LOTR, SWLE, Beatles). Wonka is slower (a bit) and you have more of a chance to place shots. (Yes, we are getting blinds for the windows.)
IMG_3948 (resized).jpgIMG_3948 (resized).jpgIMG_3952 (resized).jpgIMG_3952 (resized).jpg

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I dont think it is regarded as standard issue..
Like myself , If you bought one you have to deal with it any bunching of clear for now, getting wound up about it every day wont make life easier. ( no I dont like it and it isnt right.)
If you havent bought one yet , you still have the choice to wait it out and all the info needed to make that choice.
But... The game itself though is fun as, ) Ive never seen my friends and family so excited to play pinball in years , and Ive had almost every new game out over the last few years

This, exactly.

#2129 4 years ago

Sorry folks I didn’t mean to sound like a downer, I have played the game and it’s a blast! It’s just sad to me that my 90’s Bally Williams are more solid / reliable than playfields made in 2019??

not to get off topic cheers to you all and we just got one at a location near me and I’m heading to play it today!

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Sorry folks I didn’t mean to sound like a downer, I have played the game and it’s a blast! It’s just sad to me that my 90’s Bally Williams are more solid / reliable than playfields made in 2019??
not to get off topic cheers to you all and we just got one at a location near me and I’m heading to play it today!

It's frustrating for sure, I just dont see why it's in a Wonka thread when every manufacturer that isnt cgc has the same issue.

Its industry wide

#2131 4 years ago

I have not heard of any play field problems with AP games. My Oktoberfest game has the.best play field of any of my collection of 6 relatively new games.

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have not heard of any play field problems with AP games. My Oktoberfest game has the.best play field of any of my collection of 6 relatively new games.

That's fair, honestly I forgot about ap.

So stern, jjp and spooky all have the issues.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yep Houdini no issues and a blast to own and play.

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

That's fair, honestly I forgot about ap.
So stern, jjp and spooky all have the issues.

No, spooky had a short run of TNA with the issues and fixed the problem quickly. Since then they have had no issues.

Anyways we should try to keep this about Wonka after all it’s the club thread.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyways we should try to keep this about Wonka after all it’s the club thread.

To that end...anyone manage to get 3 golden tickets yet?

This game is pretty extreme in terms of difficulty to me. The new firmware that fixes the diverter screws the player with the autoplunge into the pops!

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This game is pretty extreme in terms of difficulty to me. The new firmware that fixes the diverter screws the player with the autoplunge into the pops!

You can adjust the auto-plunge coil so that it auto-plunges in or near the right scoop. This is the way to go. I turned my down to like 12 or 13.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You can adjust the auto-plunge coil so that it auto-plunges in or near the right scoop. This is the way to go. I turned my down to like 12 or 13.

That would be nice to lower the plunger, but honestly I think where cheating ourselves because when you play on tournament or location it’s not supposed to play in that fashion gameplay would be totally different.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I still haven't gotten to Wonka's Office! That said, I've been a bit busy lately, so I need a good rainy day to just take a deep dive and knock some more of this game loose.

#2139 4 years ago

I havent made it past 2 tickets sadly.

#2140 4 years ago

i collected 4, then i woke up...

MJR

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i collected 4, then i woke up...
MJR

So even in your dreams you can’t get all 5?

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I got three tickets a few days ago. It was crazy hard, but super valuable. I will admit that I installed the left lane post, so mine isn’t set up as hard as yours. I’ve also been able to short plunge even with the auto plunger going so fast. You have to be ready for it and you barely get to dial in the power, but it’s doable and safer than getting it into the pops.

#2143 4 years ago

Guys where is this switch located? On pirates I would hit the Start button and it would show me a map. That doesnt work, I'm not sure if it's bad because I cant find it to test.

20190825_174030 (resized).jpg20190825_174030 (resized).jpg20190825_174033 (resized).jpg20190825_174033 (resized).jpg
#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

So even in your dreams you can’t get all 5?

i guess you should say, pure imagination.

MJR

#2145 4 years ago

Test to Switches to Switch Matrix and then push start should show playfield

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Test to Switches to Switch Matrix and then push start should show playfield

Ok thanks!! I'm thinking ( like my pirates ) could be like the Ship target that I just havnt hir in a long while...

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So wait, it's brand new out of the box...and the playfield is minty?!?
Shocker!
Congrats, though. Hope it doesn't give you as many headaches as the rest of the guys here.

Every party needs a pooper...

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Every party needs a pooper...

Virtual crop dusting

#2149 4 years ago

Do to popular demand, another batch of colorful Gobstopper shooters are available.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/wonka-everlasting-gobstopper-shooter

20190805_131659 (resized).jpg20190805_131659 (resized).jpggobstop (resized).pnggobstop (resized).pngoutput (1) (resized).jpgoutput (1) (resized).jpg
#2150 4 years ago

So, my diverter magnet stopped working all of a sudden during a game. Anybody else experience this? I ran the test and it said the magnet was cooling. Hmmm... I'll try it tomorrow to see if it comes back. Bummer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/43?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.