IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 279.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone try getting the other ones? How do you get the "Kid Multiball" one?
How about the "Wonkavator Multiball" one? The rule sheet just says "complete wonkavator multiball." How do you do that?
And the Gumball machine ticket seems to be the easiest, if that's the "lost ticket" they're talking about.
Starting all the factory modes seems tough, but doable.
Gobstopper jackpots also seems tough, but doable.

The two I get the most are the random one and completing the factory tour. The man requirements are steep

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone try getting the other ones? How do you get the "Kid Multiball" one?
How about the "Wonkavator Multiball" one? The rule sheet just says "complete wonkavator multiball." How do you do that?
And the Gumball machine ticket seems to be the easiest, if that's the "lost ticket" they're talking about.
Starting all the factory modes seems tough, but doable.
Gobstopper jackpots also seems tough, but doable.

For kid multiball, I think you have to hit all of the possible jackpots and the super jackpot at least once. In the Instant Info it tells you which ones you've hit. For Wonkavator, you have to hit 6 jackpots in the first stage and then "lock" balls in the gobstopper. The number of balls you lock increases the jackpot value in the next stage. Then you have to hit 5 more jackpots. I'm not sure what happens next. My guess is that you have to "lock" more balls in the gobstopper again to start phase 3. I've never made it farther than stage 2, so I'm not sure. Complete all three stages to get that golden ticket.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Finally a little progress on my 2nd day of ownership. Got Wonkavator Multi going for the first time, but did nothing with it. Still pretty clueless on the rules. Realized that my short plunge to center ramp skill shot is awarding the skill prizes, just doesn't call it out like the saucer plunge skill shot always does. That had me confused, but the Wonka-vision does show skill shot after shooting the center ramp. I don't think the main display does, but maybe I missed it. Game has huge potential, especially when the code advances over the next year.[quoted image]

You can also hold down the left flipper as you plunge and that will give the option for a Super Skill Shot. It requires first hitting the upper right flipper skill shot, then following up with a Wonkavision shot off the bottom flippers. I think I've made this work once, maybe twice so far, but it is a nice feature.

#2054 4 years ago

Suggestion for owners - do not lift the playfield all the way up with 2 balls locked in the Wonkavator. They drop into the VUK and "could" get jammed when it does a ball search on power up. It took about 5 tries to get one of the balls up to then drain it. I should have powered up to drain the Wonkavator balls first, then power down, then lift the playfield.

#2055 4 years ago

Well I finally looked and I have playfield damage by both clear posts by the flippers.

Diverter still misses a solid 25-50% of the time too. I need to take it apart and see if anything is loose.

#2056 4 years ago

#425 LE here
Love the machine!

However.

Game over

):

20190821_190736 (resized).jpg20190821_190736 (resized).jpg
#2057 4 years ago

Oh and a none spinning Gobstopper after day 1

Is this my last JJP?

Hell no

That why Collectors have multiple pins!

JP2 do next week.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh and a none spinning Gobstopper after day 1
Is this my last JJP?
Hell no
That why Collectors have multiple pins!
JP2 do next week.

I have found that pinball is an imperfect science.
Accepting and embracing that, as you appear to have done, makes it easier to take

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

You can also hold down the left flipper as you plunge and that will give the option for a Super Skill Shot. It requires first hitting the upper right flipper skill shot, then following up with a Wonkavision shot off the bottom flippers. I think I've made this work once, maybe twice so far, but it is a nice feature.

Yup, successfully got the super skill a couple times today. Thanks!

#2060 4 years ago

My Wonkavator mechanism when releasing balls for multi-ball, sometimes just releases the first ball, and the other two remain stuck.
They eventually pop out much later during ball search, or sometimes even while I'm still playing the ball that was released a minute earlier.

Is this a common problem, or did I find a new issue here? Thanks.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

My Wonkavator mechanism when releasing balls for multi-ball, sometimes just releases the first ball, and the other two remain stuck.
They eventually pop out much later during ball search, or sometimes even while I'm still playing the ball that was released a minute earlier.

Yet another reason to save $2,000 and go for the SE.

#2062 4 years ago

Skip on Buffalo Pinball had a great stream tonight of an LE running beta code with new diverter logic. I don’t think I saw it miss once. Can’t wait for that update to drop.

#2063 4 years ago

Just my two cents, my Wonka SE born on 6/20/19 has not encountered any of the major issues that have been listed here besides the subway VUK needing to be bumped up.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Skip on Buffalo Pinball had a great stream tonight of an LE running beta code with new diverter logic. I don’t think I saw it miss once. Can’t wait for that update to drop.

Nice! Didn't know that was coming and it sounds promising.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Just my two cents, my Wonka SE born on 6/20/19 has not encountered any of the major issues that have been listed here besides the subway VUK needing to be bumped up.

Mine too.

#2066 4 years ago

How am I supposed believe anything you say?

Do you parents know you go around wearing a Bra on your head?

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

How am I supposed believe anything you say?
Do you parents know you go around wearing a Bra on your head?

He forgot to hook up the doll.

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Thanks for watching! The beta code I was running last night certainly seemed 100% on the diverter from what I saw, couldn't have been happier with how the game played.

Was my first day digging into the game and had a blast with it. The nuance in the code is amazing and I'm very excited about having the game at home and being able to dig in. JJP is next level pinball.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

JJP is next level pinball.

Yeah despite all of the bitching and moaning about clear coat and what not, these games are truly a league above what Stern is putting out from a pure design and gameplay perspective.

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Just checked and it looks like that code is out. I don't have any diverter issues, but will probably apply v1.12 tonight anyway. Looks like there are a few other updates included. I see few speech and graphics files in the .zip file.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah despite all of the bitching and moaning about clear coat and what not, these games are truly a league above what Stern is putting out from a pure design and gameplay perspective.

In most cases but Jurassic looks like a real winner.
I say this having 3 JJP in my collection

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Change the timing on the release in the settings down to 190

#2073 4 years ago

My clear cost is pooling around my sling posts. Should I be doing something to prevent it from worsening, or pulling up art, chipping, etc.? Or is it just inevitable?

46BBD9A3-35BB-4B7C-A098-BFA3EEDDBE1B (resized).jpeg46BBD9A3-35BB-4B7C-A098-BFA3EEDDBE1B (resized).jpegE092E22F-DE52-4395-8266-F72A164C4443 (resized).jpegE092E22F-DE52-4395-8266-F72A164C4443 (resized).jpegE4574131-8D45-49E5-AB11-E511577469C0 (resized).jpegE4574131-8D45-49E5-AB11-E511577469C0 (resized).jpeg
#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

When that happens, notice if its actually the wonkavator multiball. Sometimes (not often) when I get a 5 ball multiball going, it will release 1 wonkavator locked ball as there's only 6 in the game. Then it will light the lock again automatically when the multiball is over. I could be wrong on this, but I read it somewhere and experience that scenario a couple of times. Or I perceive it to be that.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

Just checked and it looks like that code is out. I don't have any diverter issues, but will probably apply v1.12 tonight anyway. Looks like there are a few other updates included. I see few speech and graphics files in the .zip file.

This new code is working perfectly. I haven’t had the diverter miss once tonight.

#2076 4 years ago

Somebody help please,
When I start a game I get the locating balls notice ,and this is the error report that comes up

87EAB7AC-2B4A-437B-91A8-33B2D72F84E9 (resized).jpeg87EAB7AC-2B4A-437B-91A8-33B2D72F84E9 (resized).jpeg
#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Somebody help please,
When I start a game I get the locating balls notice ,and this is the error report that comes up[quoted image]

I had a few such errors once after an update. What fixed them was taking the glass off and manually hitting each switch noted. The errors went away. YMMV though. Good luck.

#2078 4 years ago

I don’t think my issue is that I have tapped each switch on error report on matrix switch screen and get no response.When I turn the game on the shooter lane coil will continuously fire along with a few other coils and then the locating balls screen comes and you can’t start a game

#2079 4 years ago

==============================================================================
== Version 01.12 August 22, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10.

=== Game Code

* Updated left diverter handling.
* Pressing the Start button during the diverter test will now serve a ball.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Jurassic Park would beg to differ!

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Change the timing on the release in the settings down to 190

Hmmm... Thanks, I'll try that.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

In most cases but Jurassic looks like a real winner.
I say this having 3 JJP in my collection

Yeah Keith Elwin is 2/2 on unique and fun layouts. JP2 still has a cheap feeling to it though, I played it a bit at ReplayFX. It is very good though, don't get me wrong. Just something about JJP games that gives more of that Bally/Williams era feel that I love. Most Stern machines as of late just all feel very similar and uninspiring with the notable exceptions of Maiden and JP2.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah Keith Elwin is 2/2 on unique and fun layouts. JP2 still has a cheap feeling to it though, I played it a bit at ReplayFX. It is very good though, don't get me wrong. Just something about JJP games that gives more of that Bally/Williams era feel that I love. Most Stern machines as of late just all feel very similar and uninspiring with the notable exceptions of Maiden and JP2.

Yes I love some of the latest Stern games like Deadpool and Iron Maiden and some later ones like Star Trek. They do give you an adrenaline rush.

But playing JJP games gives me more of a B/W feel, especially the Lawlor ones.

#2084 4 years ago

My Wonka LE is was delivered yesterday! Had soooo many meetings at work too buuuuttttt I thought "Pshhhhhh screw adulting! I want WONKA!" Yep, actually happened and this time all 10 voices in my head agreed, so that was a first.

Anyways, now i have to figure out how to get it upstairs. Hmmmmm I wonder how the bother-in-laws back feels?

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Couldn't agree with you more.
Sterns feels like a Dataeast and Jersey Jack like Williams.

Sadly as of right now Stern wins for reliability in a huge way.
Christ my WOZ hasn't worked properly for years and don't even get me started on Wonka.

All that being said in Love JJP machines and will continue to purchase them as long as I can afford to.

#2086 4 years ago

and right behind it is 1.13!

== Version 01.13 August 22, 2019 ==

V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12.

=== Game Code

* Reduced diverter flasher blink time.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:and right behind it is 1.13

Wow. I didn't even have time to upgrade to 1.12 yet. Were there errors in 1.12 as well as the said change?

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

and right behind it is 1.13!
== Version 01.13 August 22, 2019 ==
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12.
=== Game Code
* Reduced diverter flasher blink time.

ha, i just sent the email over to you for this.

you guys are just so fast!

#2089 4 years ago

Hey Pinheads and fellow Wonka mates.

Death Save Arcade will be streaming the new code for Willy Wonka pinball tonight at 10PM eastern. Stream will be in 1080p with direct audio and video. Come hang out with us! Www.twitch.tv/DeathSaveArcade

Also follow us on Twitter @DeathSaveArcade for the latest updates on future streams, events and announcements.

This Saturday and Sunday we will be streaming Stern’s newest pin Jurassic Park Pro.

I hope you all come and hang out with me while we try to best my 4.8 million GC

#2090 4 years ago

I did it! I got a third golden ticket! It was a fantastic award too that really boosted my final score. Final score was 8.3 million. I’ve put a few hours in with the latest code and the diverter hasn’t missed once. I love when things like that can be fixed with software. I’m really loving this game!

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I did it! I got a third golden ticket! It was a fantastic award too that really boosted my final score. Final score was 8.3 million. I’ve put a few hours in with the latest code and the diverter hasn’t missed once. I love when things like that can be fixed with software. I’m really loving this game!

When you say fantastic reward, can you clarify? Is there another mini wizard?

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Congrats! How did you achieve your golden tickets, besides gumball random? Gobstopper multi? Kid multi? Factory modes? Thanks.

#2093 4 years ago

Did you guys install the optional left post? The outlanes are such brutal ball drainers, I'm tempted.

This is my first JJP machine. I looked for a tilt sensitivity setting, or a way to turn the tilt off entirely, but couldn't find it. I was only able to find the number of warnings per ball/game setting. I must be missing it somewhere? Thanks.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

When you say fantastic reward, can you clarify? Is there another mini wizard?

I didn’t want to spoil it for those that want to enjoy the surprise. So, spoiler warning I guess?

It give you 100 Wonka Bars and I think 50 candy for the candy jar. It was hard to tell because I was in the middle of kid multiball and gobstopper multiball. It was called candy stash. I already had over 200 Wonka Bars with 7X bonus and hold bonus on my last ball, so I got a ton of points in my bonus.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Congrats! How did you achieve your golden tickets, besides gumball random? Gobstopper multi? Kid multi? Factory modes? Thanks.

I got Gumball, Factory Tour, and Kid Multiball golden tickets. The kid one was great as I had the 6 ball multiball the first time I got it and checked before going to the second which jackpots I still needed. I started it again with only 3 kids and hit the jackpots I needed. I had 3 gobstopper super jackpots and almost had a fourth. With one more ball I might have been able to get the gobstopper ticket.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I got Gumball, Factory Tour, and Kid Multiball golden tickets. The kid one was great as I had the 6 ball multiball the first time I got it and checked before going to the second which jackpots I still needed. I started it again with only 3 kids and hit the jackpots I needed. I had 3 gobstopper super jackpots and almost had a fourth. With one more ball I might have been able to get the gobstopper ticket.

Awesome! I need to play better.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Did you guys install the optional left post? The outlanes are such brutal ball drainers, I'm tempted.
This is my first JJP machine. I looked for a tilt sensitivity setting, or a way to turn the tilt off entirely, but couldn't find it. I was only able to find the number of warnings per ball/game setting. I must be missing it somewhere? Thanks.

I did. I play a lot with my wife who isn’t as skilled and honestly, I hate outlane drains more than any other drain, so I don’t mind tightening that up a bit. I may take it out eventually, but for now I’m having more fun with it in.

#2098 4 years ago

Anybody finish the complex Augustus hurry-up combos to complete him? Sounds really tough:

"right ramp to left orbit to center ramp to right orbit" according to the rulesheet wiki.

#2099 4 years ago

Can anyone advise how to update 1.08 to 1.13? All I see on JJP website is the delta upgrade from 1.06.

edit: I'm assuming the 1.06+ to 1.13 delta upgrade will do the trick. But game doesn't seem to be recognizing my USB. Tried 3 different sticks to no success. Does upgrade not work with Macs?

edit: Could it be the update only works with USB 2 sticks only? Cuz that just worked.

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

"right ramp to left orbit to center ramp to right orbit" according to the rulesheet wiki.

By default, the first Augustus combo is right ramp->left orbit. The second one is left ramp->right ramp->left orbit. I do believe the center ramp gets added for the 3rd one, but no one ever gets that far in the office.

Quoted from adamross:

Can anyone advise how to update 1.08 to 1.13? All I see on JJP website is the delta upgrade from 1.06.

It'll work for 1.06 and anything later. Any of our delta updates that specify a minimum version will work on anything later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/42?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.