IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 280.
#2001 4 years ago

I'm sure this is obvious, and I've searched the thread, but am still at a loss. I have a LE and the machine isn't showing any errors but haven't locked a ball in the Wonkavator after about 30 games. There is a setting that refers to virtual locks and it's set to standard. How is the Wonkavator supposed to work - figuring out if it's bad playing or something else. Thanks.

#2002 4 years ago

FROM TWIP
"Wonkavator Multiball
There are multiple ways to lock balls in the Wonkavator. You can light Super Lock from a Computer Ticket award, or a Captive Ball award, or when you’ve played any three ​Factory Tour modes."

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

When the Super Lock light is lit use your upper left flipper to shoot the upper right side spinner and you will lock a ball in the Wonkavator.
3 balls locked and Bob's your uncle.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

FROM TWIP
"Wonkavator Multiball
There are multiple ways to lock balls in the Wonkavator. You can light Super Lock from a Computer Ticket award, or a Captive Ball award, or when you’ve played any three ​Factory Tour modes."
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/
When the Super Lock light is lit use your upper left flipper to shoot the upper right side spinner and you will lock a ball in the Wonkavator.
3 balls locked and Bob's your uncle.

I could swear I've done one of those things...but maybe not. Thanks for the answer. Now if I had a manual or any documentation...yes, I know it's coming.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'd call BS on this, unless you're into SMD solder work. Nearly everything on the opto boards are SMD. I reflowed all of the "through-hole" components on my opto boards and it made not a bit of difference.

The shaker motor is tastefully used. Perfect amount.
I hear what you're saying about the bottom right to upper left pass (it's needed to trigger kid multiball anyway), but that still doesn't change the fact that moving a ball through the gobstopper ramp proves to be a crap shoot as to whether or not you're going to be able to use the upper left. Not to mention, if you short-plunge for a skill shot to the saucer, the first place you're headed after you use the upper right flipper is the center ramp, which goes right to the diverter too. That's where 90% of my angst comes into play. Land a ball in the saucer, then trigger a computer award like "super spinner" for example, shoot the ball up the center ramp, watch it roll to the diverter where it should drop down to the magnet, and *dammit*, it just rolls on by.

There have been several people who did it and it fixed the issue.... just letting u know ...don't shoot the messager lol

#2005 4 years ago

*phew*

Glad I'm waiting this storm out. Seeing lots of unhappy customers around these parts.

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*phew*
Glad I'm waiting this storm out. Seeing lots of unhappy customers around these parts.

tons of happy customers also...

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*phew*

Your still here,I thought you were gone playing the hell out of the Wonka you never intended to buy

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

tons of happy customers also...

Happy to report I've had very little issues out of the box.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your still here,I thought you were gone playing the hell out of the Wonka you never intended to buy

Pumping the brakes until all the kinks are ironed out. Glad I did! The game will come around. Just glad I'm not the one being experimented on!

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Happy to report I've had very little issues out of the box.

Took over a 2 weeks for my trough boards to start not working properly. :/

#2011 4 years ago

Day 1 customer's game on route, loses balls, plugger problems, etc... this is an L.E... looks like a service call soon...

#2012 4 years ago

Trough test show issues?

#2013 4 years ago

I purchased a WOZ 75 a year ago, worked on it more than I played it. Ended up sending it back. Doesn't look like much has changed at JJP as far as quality control. Too bad because I like their games.

#2014 4 years ago

I guess I must be really lucky because my WOZRR, THBA, and POTC LE have all been trouble free. I am expecting the same when my WONKA CE finally shows up but who knows? I don't doubt that all the problems others have experienced are real but my 3 games demonstrate that so far, JJP can and does build quality games. I just hope my "lucky streak" continues and others share in in all the fun without all the grief.

#2015 4 years ago

Is there something on the trough boards that would indicate if I have the old board that people are having problems with, or the newer board that seems like it is trouble-free? I don't have a problem with it, just want to know if it's eventually going to happen.

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I guess I must be really lucky because my WOZRR, THBA, and POTC LE have all been trouble free. I am expecting the same when my WONKA CE finally shows up but who knows? I don't doubt that all the problems others have experienced are real but my 3 games demonstrate that so far, JJP can and does build quality games. I just hope my "lucky streak" continues and others share in in all the fun without all the grief.

I’ve been happy with all my jjp games and have had nothing but minor adjustment issues. I bought DIle, hobbit le, wonka se and potcle nib, woz rr second hand. I don’t have playfield issues so it’s not all games. I did, however, have clear cracking on the SIM card hole, but a cliffy prevented it from getting worse. You’ll love Wonka, at least I do.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve been happy with all my jjp games and have had nothing but minor adjustment issues. I bought DIle, hobbit le, wonka se and potcle nib, woz rr second hand. I don’t have playfield issues so it’s not all games. I did, however, have clear cracking on the SIM card hole, but a cliffy prevented it from getting worse. You’ll love Wonka, at least I do.

Yep its a shame that a good many folks are having issues and the shit gets blown way out of proportion like everything does on this site lol. Jjp pins are absolutely amazing overall and have been great for us and many others i know.

#2018 4 years ago

For those of you (like me) who are annoyed with the near-instant ball launch that happens with the latest code release, try turning down the power of your auto-launch coil to 10. That pretty much puts the ball right in the saucer for my game, which is very much preferable to having it fly over to the pops.

#2019 4 years ago

For those of you (like me) who are annoyed with the near-instant ball launch that happens with the latest code release, try turning down the power of your auto-launch coil to 10. That pretty much puts the ball right in the saucer for my game, which is very much preferable to having it fly over to the pops.

The pops are evil!

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The pops are evil!

I will agree with you, but have you ever played a Twilight zone with super-sensitive leaf switches in the pop bumpers? The most ruthless of all games with pops IMHO!!!

#2021 4 years ago

I've had issues but I got to say the support system with Frank Steve and Lloyd have
been outstanding.They get me the parts and I go back to playing.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I will agree with you, but have you ever played a Twilight zone with super-sensitive leaf switches in the pop bumpers? The most ruthless of all games with pops IMHO!!!

I have and agree.

#2023 4 years ago

I've found that I've been able to adjust and I can do a short plunge even with the new faster auto-plunge. It's harder and I don't always get it, but I get it more often than not. I put up over 6 mil last night and got a second golden ticket for the first time. This one was for completing all 12 modes. I'm getting really close to the gobstopper one too. 4 of 5 super jackpots in that game. I'm having a blast playing this.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I've found that I've been able to adjust and I can do a short plunge even with the new faster auto-plunge. It's harder and I don't always get it, but I get it more often than not. I put up over 6 mil last night and got a second golden ticket for the first time. This one was for completing all 12 modes. I'm getting really close to the gobstopper one too. 4 of 5 super jackpots in that game. I'm having a blast playing this.

You are officially NOT allowed to play my game LOL

#2025 4 years ago

Is trough opto board repair pretty straight forward?

#2026 4 years ago

Any update on the new code? Is the Diverter test any good? Is there new sound and video? Has gameplay changed at all?

#2027 4 years ago

I'm loving my WW LE. Has anyone had trouble with the ball getting temporarily stuck in the Gobstopper lock? It usually kicks into the shooter lane with a ball save. This is an especially problematic problem during multi ball. You think you're finished with MB, then the search reveals the stuck ball.

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm loving my WW LE. Has anyone had trouble with the ball getting temporarily stuck in the Gobstopper lock? It usually kicks into the shooter lane with a ball save. This is an especially problematic problem during multi ball. You think you're finished with MB, then the search reveals the stuck ball.

My wife was having an incredible ball and ended up with three balls jammed there in the chaos but all went well when the ball search cleared them nicely. Yes, she kicked my ass that game!

#2029 4 years ago

Got my Wonka LE today. So far, no obvious issues OOB, but I don't know the game well enough to really know any better. My short plunges don't seem really successful. Isn't there a medium plunge according to the TV? Don't think I have ever hit that properly. Is it very difficult? What common hardware trouble points should I be looking for/testing? Thanks.

#2030 4 years ago

Just got mine tonight, build date 8/2/19 playfield looks minty.

20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg20190820_182530 (resized).jpg20190820_182530 (resized).jpg20190820_183633 (resized).jpg20190820_183633 (resized).jpg
#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

ball getting temporarily stuck in the Gobstopper lock?

Turn power up on it.

LTG : )

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Any update on the new code? Is the Diverter test any good? Is there new sound and video? Has gameplay changed at all?

I noticed very little in voice and zero on movie clips.

I'm sure they will keep adjusting and adding to the codes.
Hoping to get more songs out of those little orange fellas.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Just got mine tonight, build date 8/2/19 playfield looks minty.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So wait, it's brand new out of the box...and the playfield is minty?!?

Shocker!

Congrats, though. Hope it doesn't give you as many headaches as the rest of the guys here.

#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Shocker!
Congrats, though. Hope it doesn't give you as many headaches as the rest of the guys here.

Do you have picts of your WONKA?

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Shocker!

The clear puddled at the slings is seen right out of the box in most cases

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Do you have picts of your WONKA?

Not yet! Patience, my friend. Patience

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ahh, just figured "all the headaches" must of included your own

Here's my WONKA by the way, about 500 plays

IMG_3249 (resized).jpgIMG_3249 (resized).jpgIMG_3250 (resized).jpgIMG_3250 (resized).jpgIMG_3251 (resized).jpgIMG_3251 (resized).jpgIMG_3253 (resized).jpgIMG_3253 (resized).jpgIMG_3254 (resized).jpgIMG_3254 (resized).jpg
#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Right

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Patience my ass your just trolling

You need to settle down and go play some pinball.

#2040 4 years ago

Glad I quoted you before that sweet, sweet edit!

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Shocker!

Give it a week...

#2042 4 years ago

Sad you got downvoted, you’re not wrong. Mine didn’t arrive with the clear damage, but here we are a few weeks later. Clear on these playfields is soft and seemingly uncured.

AE88937D-F602-4188-8C2A-D0931946FF1B (resized).jpegAE88937D-F602-4188-8C2A-D0931946FF1B (resized).jpeg9F0B0A77-5EE7-48EE-925A-8AD3D45103D0 (resized).jpeg9F0B0A77-5EE7-48EE-925A-8AD3D45103D0 (resized).jpegA332D47A-A33B-4607-B7A3-934348974851 (resized).jpegA332D47A-A33B-4607-B7A3-934348974851 (resized).jpegAFF115E7-57ED-46E4-8B1B-35025AEB1586 (resized).jpegAFF115E7-57ED-46E4-8B1B-35025AEB1586 (resized).jpeg
#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Sad you got downvoted, you’re not wrong. Mine didn’t arrive with the clear damage, but here we are a few weeks later. Clear on these playfields is soft and seemingly uncured.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a tear? I can relate...

How did that happen???

#2044 4 years ago

That looks like it's from the edge of the apron, near flippers

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is that a tear? I can relate...
How did that happen???

The bottom of the apron pealed the clear and base coat color up from the factory. I only noticed it because I removed the apron to install some trough up lighting. Sucks. As I said these issues aren't present when they ship per-say, because I suspect the clear coat is still curing and pliable, the pressure on the clear is damaging them over time. You can see the ripples in front of the star posts are more significant in the direction the rubber pulls them. Not my expectation for a $10k pinball machine.

LTG am I correct in assuming JJP won't be addressing these issues for owners?

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

ltg am I correct in assuming JJP won't be addressing these issues for owners?

I have opened a half dozen support requests for my SE over the past month. All of them were handled by JJP within 24 hours, except the one I opened about the clear pooling around the star posts. That one remains unanswered.

#2047 4 years ago

Finally a little progress on my 2nd day of ownership. Got Wonkavator Multi going for the first time, but did nothing with it. Still pretty clueless on the rules. Realized that my short plunge to center ramp skill shot is awarding the skill prizes, just doesn't call it out like the saucer plunge skill shot always does. That had me confused, but the Wonka-vision does show skill shot after shooting the center ramp. I don't think the main display does, but maybe I missed it. Game has huge potential, especially when the code advances over the next year.

IMG_20190821_130949 (resized).jpgIMG_20190821_130949 (resized).jpg
#2048 4 years ago

I had my biggest game yet, but only got 2 Golden Tickets. Can anyone confirm that the other 3 are in the code at this point?
48207377-A3C7-4814-ACE8-43D991CE5B6E (resized).jpeg48207377-A3C7-4814-ACE8-43D991CE5B6E (resized).jpeg

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I had my biggest game yet, but only got 2 Golden Tickets. Can anyone confirm that the other 3 are in the code at this point?
[quoted image]

Joe has said they're in, but I haven't seen anyone get a third golden ticket. I've been 1 gobstopper super jackpot away from a third, but it's tough to hit the upper ramp during multiball. Third ticket gives some award, fourth and fifth are more wizard modes.

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Joe has said they're in, but I haven't seen anyone get a third golden ticket. I've been 1 gobstopper super jackpot away from a third, but it's tough to hit the upper ramp during multiball. Third ticket gives some award, fourth and fifth are more wizard modes.

Anyone try getting the other ones? How do you get the "Kid Multiball" one?

How about the "Wonkavator Multiball" one? The rule sheet just says "complete wonkavator multiball." How do you do that?

And the Gumball machine ticket seems to be the easiest, if that's the "lost ticket" they're talking about.

Starting all the factory modes seems tough, but doable.

Gobstopper jackpots also seems tough, but doable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/41?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.