IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 278.
#151 4 years ago

Thanks Buffalo Pinball. Been playing since 1963 at Ollcott beach!

#152 4 years ago

Definitely interested in buying this game. Won't know until I play it tomorrow. Looks buttery smooth. Wondering what the $2k difference is between standard and LE?

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Definitely interested in buying this game. Won't know until I play it tomorrow. Looks buttery smooth. Wondering what the $2k difference is between standard and LE?

Cabinet art and physical ball lock wonkavator I think?

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory DEEP DIVE! Overview, Rules, Features, Images and Much More….
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM World Exclusive: JJP Willy Wonka Pinball

Made both key posts!

#155 4 years ago

That video was really well done.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My pics are the CE

But apparently not the CE's playfield. It's supposed to have different art with glitter (like WoZ YBR). They're waiting on approval from Warner Bros.

#157 4 years ago

Looks amazing to me with ton of shots that are super smooth. Multiple complicated mechs/ball locks, magnets, 4 flippers, 7in lcd. 3 ramps, camera, all rgb lighting and tons of it, captive ball and much more.... pat really knows how to squeeze alot into a standard body pin.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

But apparently not the CE's playfield. It's supposed to have different art with glitter (like WoZ YBR). They're waiting on approval from Warner Bros.

Yes correct.

#159 4 years ago

There is a lot there. Shoots super fun too. Smooth and awesome toys.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There is a lot there. Shoots super fun too. Smooth and awesome toys.

It looks fun. Cant wait to play at Pinfest.

#162 4 years ago

Also the rules are great allready at 40 percent... its gonna be great

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also the rules are great allready at 40 percent... its gonna be great

Rules are further along than 40 confirmed in the beginning - it's basically fully coded

#164 4 years ago

I'm in. My first NIB pin!!

#165 4 years ago

There’s still a line to play it. Wife and I want to keep playing.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rules are further along than 40 confirmed in the beginning - it's basically fully coded

Just got off the phone with someone in the loop.. its only 40-50 percent atm

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just got off the phone with someone in the loop.. its only 40-50 percent atm

The freaking coder said it was done except wizard modes give it up haha

There's going to be polish off course but don't think it's half way done only.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's there is good but its only gonna get better.. much more to add and refine.. its missing all the wizard modes currently ... but everything will b there once production models ship. And then as you know they will update even more. But im very happy with what i see so far

#169 4 years ago

Love that plunger sound when you start....

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The freaking coder said it was done except wizard modes give it up haha
There's going to be polish off course but don't think it's half way done only.

Thats fine but there are 2 -3 wizard modes i believe and lots of polish to go.. so 50 percent is very possible.. just letting you know what i was told

#171 4 years ago
BAF7187F-4769-42D1-93E8-D9BDC2441360 (resized).jpegBAF7187F-4769-42D1-93E8-D9BDC2441360 (resized).jpeg
#173 4 years ago

There sure is alot of stuff on bottom and topside.. pat sure knows how to pack a standard pin

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Gameplay: Willy Wonka

Thanks for this video Zach/SDTM!!!

SO NICE to see all the playfield features up close and in detail - looks great!

#175 4 years ago

From what I was told the code in these games is 60%. They almost have the full code done.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for this video Zach/SDTM!!!
SO NICE to see all the playfield features up close and in detail - looks great!

Yea big difference from the overhead video. Game looks great and impressed with everything on the playfield. Im really not sure what the debbie downers are unhappy about but i guess some people are never impressed and just like to complain.... after all its usually the same jjp and stern haters at every release. This is gonna b a huge hit for jjp .. especially the new price of the standard model.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what I was told the code in these games is 60%. They almost have the full code done.

I was told around 50 but 60 is close lol ...regardless it will only get better but i like what i have seen so far. Looks like many different ways to approach it and it will have multiple wizard modes. Also it will be mostly complete at shipping other than bug and scoring fixes

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea big difference from the overhead video. Game looks great and impressed with everything on the playfield. Im really not sure what the debbie downers are unhappy about but i guess some people are never impressed and just like to complain.... after all its usually the same jjp and stern haters at every release. This is gonna b a huge hit for jjp .. especially the new price of the standard model.

game looks very good but def not the game changer. Disappointed in the main toy. Who cares how many times it turns to let the ball in.

Real story here is that sweet 7500 price tag for the standard.

Another really solid entry in the JJP universe but I'm hoping GnR takes it to the next level.

#179 4 years ago

There is a lot in this game going on than meets the eye. The light show is incredible. Every shot feels like butter and satisfying including shots off upper flippers. That upper left flipper to ball lock is tough but feels great when hit. Shot from upper right is so fun. Everything on the playfield is fun. The game is fun. This is going to rival our WOZ and POTC for playtime easily.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

game looks very good but def not the game changer. Disappointed in the main toy. Who cares how many times it turns to let the ball in.
Real story here is that sweet 7500 price tag for the standard.
Another really solid entry in the JJP universe but I'm hoping GnR takes it to the next level.

The main toy gobstopper is a great toy. Simple but fun. Wonkavision is well done too. The ball lock is cool and when someone unleashes the 5 ball multiball it feels epic.

I don’t know if these things aren’t translating over twitch stream but in person we just want to keep playing.

#181 4 years ago

Keith blowing it up.. so awesome.. game rules look great

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The main toy gobstopper is a great toy. Simple but fun. Wonkavision is well done too. The ball lock is cool and when someone unleashes the 5 ball multiball it feels epic.
I don’t know if these things aren’t translating over twitch stream but in person we just want to keep playing.

Yep... i think when people play it they will change their tune. A above camera stream never does any justice. I think the game looks top notch

#183 4 years ago

Apparently there are 2-3 diverters also... this game is really loaded. Has another pin used 7 magnets plus all the other stuff.. blows my mind how pat fits so much in a standard body pin

#184 4 years ago

Tonight's less than super positive reveal response was the usual Pinside critical negativity exacerbated by Kaneda's over-the-top hype for the game. I have no doubt that this game will prove to be a winner once its full code is available and pinheads get a chance to play it.

For Willy Wonka fans especially - and there are a LOT of them - this will be a joy to play!

Congrats to Pat Lawlor, Joe Katz, and JJP for yet another fine game!!!

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Tonight's less than super positive reveal response was the usual Pinside critical negativity exacerbated by Kaneda's over-the-top hype for the game.

You should listen to 9. April "Special When lit"... I think that one was even topping it. XD

#186 4 years ago

I wish this was the color for the powder instead of the blue

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSB-5750/chocolate-bar

I may get it done when I get my game.

#187 4 years ago

The ramps should have a nice bright powder coat.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wish this was the color for the powder instead of the blue
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSB-5750/chocolate-bar
I may get it done when I get my game.

Wonka Bar LE

#190 4 years ago

I was in on the LE, but now I'm out.

What's the hurry?...they're going to make 5000 LE's.

I'll wait until after I play the machine.

#191 4 years ago

Willy Wonka kids meet and greet at Pintastic 2019!

IMG_2402 (resized).PNGIMG_2402 (resized).PNG
#193 4 years ago

Game looks cool. The code needs some more fun additions including sound and visual enhancements. The le powder coat blue is bla. Looks the same as dialed in.

I am waiting for the next jjp reveal before I decide. Plus Brian Eddy s game should be coming out soon at stern no rush to make up my mind for me which way I will go.lots of choices this year

#194 4 years ago

Plus you’ve got that Pirates to play

#195 4 years ago

The code displayed was only about 60% complete.

#196 4 years ago

Here is our Special When Lit Pinball Podcast panel discussion on The Making of Willy Wonka Pinball. Pat Lawlor, Joe Katz, John Youssi, Vikas Deo, and Jack Guarnieri talk about making the game. Some interesting info from the creative team in a roundtable discussion format.

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-47-making-of-willy-wonka-pinball

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was in on the LE, but now I'm out.
What's the hurry?...they're going to make 5000 LE's.
I'll wait until after I play the machine.

I agree. I may buy used. This should be the number of units made:

Standard - unlimited
LE's - 1,000
CE's - 200

#198 4 years ago

Does the standard still use the same initial ball lock? Hit the gobstopper and drops in a hole then kicks out behind it. It just doesn't shoot up the Wonkavator?

#199 4 years ago

Yes and they are two different lock sequences for different multiballs if I understand Keith correctly.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Willy Wonka kids meet and greet at Pintastic 2019![quoted image]

I’ll be there. Also I will watch over peoples games for them. I saw some crazy shit go down last year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.