IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 280.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I installed 1.10 and ran the diverter test. You can see it here in this video, it fails many times. Like the ball is pushing right through it.

I had that issue where it would sneak past. The screw holding the L-shapes bracket on was loose. I had to remove the 4 screws holding the plastic cover on and then remove the 4 screws holding the diverter on. Then a quick tightening and it was all fixed. Pretty easy fix.

#1902 4 years ago

Ive got balls taking theyre time to be launched into the trough... especially during multiball.
I wonder if this code will fix that?

#1903 4 years ago

Wow, just downloaded and installed 1.10 update. Talk about fast and seamless! I really like my first new in box purchase!

#1904 4 years ago

=== Game Code
+ Added a ramp diverter test.
* Added a cooldown to the upper left magnet so it doesn't fire too much and
get too hot.
* Updated custom message page in attract mode.
+ Added support for SE and CE toppers.
* Improved TV VUK eject handling.
* Added/updated music, sound, speech, graphics, and lamp effects.

=== Core Code

* Trough settle time reduced to 1/2 second.
* Autoplunger settle time reduced to 1/4 second on close, kept at 1 second on open.
* Added "Player Addable" adjustment. Can be set to BEFORE LAST BALL or ALWAYS.
This controls when you may add a player to the current game in progress in a
game set to "BALLS IN RESERVE." The default is BEFORE LAST BALL, which means
as soon as someone starts a ball and has none left, no more players may be
added to the game.
* Fixed sensing of headphones plugged in at power up.

-------------------------

My personal favorite is the "player addable" adjustment. I can't tell you how many times I've hip-checked the giant Start button on ball 3 and added 2-3 more players...

#1905 4 years ago

I wonder if support for a LE topper was already in the code. Would be weird to leave LE machines out of the topper game.

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I had that issue where it would sneak past. The screw holding the L-shapes bracket on was loose. I had to remove the 4 screws holding the plastic cover on and then remove the 4 screws holding the diverter on. Then a quick tightening and it was all fixed. Pretty easy fix.

I just checked my L bracket and it is not loose. I did adjust it so when it is not energized it will just barely touch the top of the ball.

I have ran many tests, including many different magnets like the twilight zone fix, and to cut to the chase I believe the only fix is to create two new settings that the owner can adjust. One to tell how quickly to energize the diverter once one of the optical switches is triggered and the other setting to say how long to keep the diverter energized (to help with the bounce backs).

#1907 4 years ago

During setup I noticed that there was a disconnected USB plug at the backbox and wasn't sure if that was normal. I didn't worry about it then, but later found that I couldn't add custom graphics via USB. Turns out that it is just a USB extension cord to get USB to the cashbox area. I plugged it in to the computer box and just updated to 1.10 and applied a screen cap from the movie tonight.

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

During setup I noticed that there was a disconnected USB plug at the backbox and wasn't sure if that was normal. I didn't worry about it then, but later found that I couldn't add custom graphics via USB. Turns out that it is just a USB extension cord to get USB to the cashbox area. I plugged it in to the computer box and just updated to 1.10 and applied a screen cap from the movie tonight.

Which port does this plug into? My USB extension isn't working so I am unable to update. Would love to know where it plugs into on the computer box!

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Which port does this plug into? My USB extension isn't working so I am unable to update. Would love to know where it plugs into on the computer box!

Any open USB port (if it's not plugged in). If your extension cable isn't working, you can plug your flash drive directly to the computer.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You should be able to plug it into any empty USB spot on the motherboard.

LTG : )

#1911 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ha, beat you on that one. Take that llyod!

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ha, beat you on that one. Take that llyod!

Yes, you got me on that one Chirs !

#1913 4 years ago

How many points for extra ball structure?

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

There will only be one open USB if yours fell out in shipping like mine did. I didn't see it at first. It isn't adjacent to the other two USB outlets, but over to the left of them.

#1915 4 years ago

Buttons ,buttons whos got the buttons

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

There will only be one open USB if yours fell out in shipping like mine did. I didn't see it at first. It isn't adjacent to the other two USB outlets, but over to the left of them.

Thank you! Will try to find it!!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Any open USB port (if it's not plugged in). If your extension cable isn't working, you can plug your flash drive directly to the computer.

Quoted from LTG:

This worked! Thank you both!

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I opened up the covers to get at the solenoid last night. It's very inconsistent how that diverter rests. It is not on a pivot. Just a small spring pulls it up. The magnet solenoid pulls it down. After I messed with it, it stayed down. I had to mess with it some more to get it working again. All screws were secure. It appears to me that the functionality is a "little" inconsistent and there's probably very little "we" as buyers can do about it. It seems like some programming tweaking "might" help. But, if the machine that Joe uses for coding works fine, it might be hard for him to adjust - if it isn't malfunctioning for him, how can he fix it? I just hope that there is an eventual fix or adjustment for it.

#1918 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm what the new sounds and videos are included in this code update 1.10. Is it major stuff or have you not noticed anything yet?

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Can anyone confirm what the new sounds and videos are included in this code update 1.10. Is it major stuff or have you not noticed anything yet?

good question

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

That all I care about as well

#1921 4 years ago

I just want to hear the bad egg song during game play.

Must have more movie music by far.

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Adding a diverter test does nothing. Our diverter works. There is a functional issue with bounce back and another issue where it doesn’t come down quick enough. What we need is two adjustments made available in the code. Start time adjustment in ms. And length of time diverter stays active in 1/4 second increments.

You can't fix something without first having a reliable way of consistently testing it... You could take a sensible glass half-full attitude and assume this means that they are actively working on a fix for it.

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You can't fix something without first having a reliable way of consistently testing it... You could take a sensible glass half-full attitude and assume this means that they are actively working on a fix for it.

I would have that if they didn’t pretend like a issue didnt exist when you call them.

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I just want to hear the bad egg song during game play.
Must have more movie music by far.

It plays when you’re in Veruca’s good egg/bad egg mode.

#1925 4 years ago

I would have that if they didn’t pretend like a issue didnt exist when you call them.

Actions > words -- they didn't just decide to make a test that didn't originally exist for fun. The second they "acknowledge" the problem without having a fix in place everyone will go crazy about it. It would be worse to do that than to be quiet about it and work on a fix.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It plays when you’re in Veruca’s good egg/bad egg mode.

Have not updated the new code so I am assuming you're telling me with new code the song actually plays now?
With her singing?
Not just background music.

#1927 4 years ago

They removed the info about the toppers from the patch notes... http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

They removed the info about the toppers from the patch notes... http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

Improved lamp effects?Already the best light show ever!

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

good question

Quoted from JediPimp:

I have played about 10 games on the new 1.10 and no changes really stand out. I am sure there probably are some, but I have not noticed them yet.

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I have played about 10 games on the new 1.10 and no changes really stand out. I am sure there probably are some, but I have not noticed them yet.

The biggest thing I noticed was that the autolauncher kicks on much faster now. It's almost impossible to short plunge on a ball save, so I'm getting the ball in the pops much more often.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

The biggest thing I noticed was that the autolauncher kicks on much faster now. It's almost impossible to short plunge on a ball save, so I'm getting the ball in the pops much more often.

This is very much a negative. Having the ability to short plunge off the reload is great especially on a game when if a ball is autoplunged it has a 50/50 chance to go sdtm out the pops

#1932 4 years ago

This is very much a negative. Having the ability to short plunge off the reload is great especially on a game when if a ball is autoplunged it has a 50/50 chance to go sdtm out the pops

Wow 50/50 ,I haven’t tracked it that close but yeah out of the pops SDTM sucks

#1933 4 years ago

I don't mind it. It makes things a bit harder, but I see it as leveling the playing field a bit between beginners and experts, much like the per game tilt warnings. It doesn't affect low skill players, as they were always going to let the auto-plunger do its thing. But it doesn't allow skilled players to have an advantage, especially at the start of multi-balls. If you don't want the ball in the pops on ballsave, don't drain .

#1934 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I don't mind it. It makes things a bit harder, but I see it as leveling the playing field a bit between beginners and experts, much like the per game tilt warnings. It doesn't affect low skill players, as they were always going to let the auto-plunger do its thing. But it doesn't allow skilled players to have an advantage, especially at the start of multi-balls. If you don't want the ball in the pops on ballsave, don't drain .

Speak for yourself. I refuse to allow extra opportunities for the ball to to go the pops if I can help it.

They need to make the auto-plunge time a user selectable setting. The new setting is unacceptable!

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Speak for yourself. I refuse to allow extra opportunities for the ball to to go the pops if I can help it.
They need to make the auto-plunge time a user selectable setting. The new setting is unacceptable!

Yeah the pop area needs alittle something to make it mo fair

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah the pop area needs alittle something to make it mo fair

Obviously no Twilight Zone owners here.... LOL!

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow 50/50 ,I haven’t tracked it that close but yeah out of the pops SDTM sucks

That's pinball man

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Have not updated the new code so I am assuming you're telling me with new code the song actually plays now?
With her singing?
Not just background music.

No, it plays the background music of the “I want it now” song. You’re not gonna hear her singing. That would play horribly against the other sounds/callouts.

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, it plays the background music of the “I want it now” song. You’re not gonna hear her singing. That would play horribly against the other sounds/callouts.

I think they should do it similar to the Wonkatania Mode where the lyrics are played over the other sounds. In fact, I would love it if during these MODES, the other sound effects were dialed back so that the lyrics would take precedence. It would be a good way of indicating to the player that they are in the particular Mode.

Of course, it would require reprogramming to prevent “Mode Stacking” or giving one Mode precedence, but this shouldn’t require much thought to get corrected—simply a willingness on the part of JJP.

Not holding my breath though....

#1940 4 years ago

On my LE, the balls stay locked in the upper left corner Wonkavator area from game to game, which is what I want. However, if I turn the game off, they drain when I power it back up. Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown? Thanks, it has been a couple of years since I have had a JJP game. Loving Wonka!

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

On my LE, the balls stay locked in the upper left corner Wonkavator area from game to game, which is what I want. However, if I turn the game off, they drain when I power it back up. Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown? Thanks, it has been a couple of years since I have had a JJP game. Loving Wonka!

Interesting! So the ball lock does not hold over during power cycle? That seems to be yet another reason why the physical Wonkavator is nothing more than a $2000 decoration.

#1942 4 years ago

Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown?

No, we need to ensure the optos are working correctly when the game powers up, that's why we kick them out.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Interesting! So the ball lock does not hold over during power cycle? That seems to be yet another reason why the physical Wonkavator is nothing more than a $2000 decoration.

Exactly what it does. I don't know if there is a setting for it or not, so it might just be a non-issue. I'm very happy I got the LE.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:No, we need to ensure the optos are working correctly when the game powers up, that's why we kick them out.

Thanks! That saved my thumb from clicking through all the menus. Great game!

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Well now that is a totally incorrect statement,there is a few other items that the LE has that he SE dosn’t I have a SE and wish I could’ve afforded a LE

#1946 4 years ago

Just curious how many SE Wonka’s owners are updating to LE’s and why? Also if you ordered an LE and just decided to keep the SE? Just asking because I am still up in the air on what to purchase. I want an LE but some friends tell me just get the SE it’s the same game in the end! I know it’s personal preference but I like other opinions

#1947 4 years ago

Clevend Ohio show games will be available at a discount. These are nib games that will be opened for the show and can be picked up after the show. Willy Wonka LE’s. Limited quantities. PM If interested.

#1948 4 years ago

Are there any mini-wizard modes in this game?

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Obviously no Twilight Zone owners here.... LOL!

This is why I haven’t spoken up. Pat Lawlor and suicide bumpers are like peas and carrots.

#1950 4 years ago

On my LE, the balls stay locked in the upper left corner Wonkavator area from game to game, which is what I want. However, if I turn the game off, they drain when I power it back up. Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown?

The setting to retain locked balls is: don't turn it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/39?hl=rhinopins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.