IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 278.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Everyone, please call Jenn or post on the support forum/claim about your issues with the diverter. Right now they do not believe us and say only 1 person has had issues.

vivid - I hope one day one of your NIB games works well! I feel like if it's not wonka, it's alien or something else!

#1802 4 years ago

Everyone, please call Jenn or post on the support forum/claim about your issues with the diverter. Right now they do not believe us and say only 1 person has had issues.

Thankfully my diverter is working flawlessly. I hope they figure it out soon for you guys.

#1803 4 years ago

Wow new 1.09 code is quite of an improvement over original code.
I only had my Wonka 9 days with original,and 3 days with new and I am hopeful his game will just keep getting better and better with each update.Had small party this weekend and everybody was loving it.I hope Ted & crew are focusing on making this one the best

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thankfully my diverter is working flawlessly. I hope they figure it out soon for you guys.

Mine too,the new code seems more aggressive with the drop and stop

#1805 4 years ago

6 hours in, no problems...

#1806 4 years ago

Then they aren't reading this thread too well. Most of us have this problem and we are waiting for a solution. Will add to the forum list of "Me too"'s.

edit: I didn't see a Google forum topic for it, so I created a new one. Search for: Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?

#1807 4 years ago

Anyone know what to look for to figure out why the gobstopper stopped spinning?

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone know what to look for to figure out why the gobstopper stopped spinning?

I'd first try the tests in the menu and see if those provide any insight.

#1809 4 years ago

So are we having a petition with this hole diverted issue? Because Im having the same issue with the diverted not always working properly.

#1810 4 years ago

I’d bet that many of you Are experiencing it but don’t realize it. That diverter diverts more often than you think. There are 2 issues right now that happen frequently, 1. The ball goes up the ramp fast and goes past the diverter before it even goes down and so you don’t even realize it should be diverted. And 2. The ball bounces against the diverter and then comes back down but the diverter has since gone back up.

This has happened on every wonka in my area including my own. I average 3-4 million a game. I know the rules very well and know exactly when it should be diverting and when it misses.

#1811 4 years ago

I’d bet that many of you Are experiencing it but don’t realize it. That diverter diverts more often than you think. There are 2 issues right now that happen frequently, 1. The ball goes up the ramp fast and goes past the diverter before it even goes down and so you don’t even realize it should be diverted. And 2. The ball bounces against the diverter and then comes back down but the diverter has since gone back up.
This has happened on every wonka in my area including my own. I average 3-4 million a game. I know the rules very well and know exactly when it should be diverting and when it misses.

I don’t think it’s occurring on my game, but when is the diverter supposed to come down? I know it comes down when super lock is lit. I think during Oompa Loompa odyssey, but when else so I can look for it.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t think it’s occurring on my game, but when is the diverter supposed to come down? I know it comes down when super lock is lit. I think during Oompa Loompa odyssey, but when else so I can look for it.

I believe it diverts when you are doing the bubblegum blowing

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If the yellow flasher is flashing above the left upper flipper, it should divert (I think) every time. That's when I notice it missing.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If the yellow flasher is flashing above the flipper, it should divert (I think) every time. That's when I notice it missing.

That’s good to know

#1815 4 years ago

This is happening on my day 1 SE. Where do we need to report this?

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It should also divert when you light the spinner candy bars I believe.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This is happening on my day 1 SE. Where do we need to report this?

If you are on the JJP Google Groups forum, I just added a topic - "Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?" If you don't want to get too verbal about it, just reply "Me too"

If you own a JJP pin and are not on their forum yet, email Jen to be added. You just have to give her an email address to be invited.

#1818 4 years ago

Just played a couple of games, every time I saw the yellow flasher lit, it diverted. Has anyone taken the house off to see what’s going on?

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you are on the JJP Google Groups forum, I just added a topic - "Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?" If you don't want to get too verbal about it, just reply "Me too"
If you own a JJP pin and are not on their forum yet, email Jen to be added. You just have to give her an email address to be invited.

What is the URL to the JJP Google Group?

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

What is the URL to the JJP Google Group?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz

JJP (Jen) needs to invite you to join the group.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

vivid - I hope one day one of your NIB games works well! I feel like if it's not wonka, it's alien or something else!

Yup, pretty much every game lol. Hopefully my TBL will work flawlessly

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It should also divert when you light the spinner candy bars I believe.

Any many other times. For instance when you light super lock and when you complete gum targets to name a few of many.

#1823 4 years ago

Yup, pretty much every game lol. Hopefully my TBL will work flawlessly

Your Big Lebowski will be flawless,We hope!

#1824 4 years ago

My LE #102 that I’ve had for almost 2 weeks diverts about 90% of the time. I’ve noticed that the diverter design is extremely similar to Twilight Zones bridge diverter to the mini playfield, and, sorry to say it but I really do not think that WW’s diverter will ever divert 100% of the balls. even after the magnet fix on TZ, some balls still get screwed up. In my opinion, with code improvements (mine was delivered with 1.09) it will get 95% maybe, but never 100%.

Anyone try a small weak magnet on the back of the diverter arm yet?

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You'll hear the spring "boing" noise when its supposed to divert. It diverts at times when GUM targets are your objective, when super lock is lit, and more. Listen for the boing noise and I believe there is a flasher effect too that is not so easy to see.

#1826 4 years ago

The TZ divertor is completely different. The TZ divertor stops and scoops the ball to the side. This one simply deflects the ball.

I'd check the slope on games that have trouble... there is no reason for it to vary game to game except for ball speed and slope/tilt. Software could adjust the timing of how long the relay is held for and how soon after it passes the switches.

The problem we had wasn't with misses... but the coil tab actually shorted itself to the bracket holding the coil... toasting the transistor.

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The TZ divertor is completely different.

Well, since both diverters create "bounce-backs" they're not completely different. they time actuation based off of optos triggering on the lead-up ramp.

#1828 4 years ago

I assume the next step would then be to, what, email Jen and ask for an invitation then? How might one do that? Or is this like a Fight Club kind of thing.

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Well, since both diverters create "bounce-backs" they're not completely different. they time actuation based off of optos triggering on the lead-up ramp.

As someone suggested before, seems like the easy fix it just to activate the diverter in the down position immediately once a game play condition is met and leave it that way until the conditions of game play determine the ball should no longer be diverted (like perhaps when the Super Spinner mode times outs). This would make sure the ball always get diverted and not run pass the diverter too quickly and even it if did bounce off the diverter going up the ramp and back down the ramp again it would still be diverted.

This of course would require JJP to recode. Is there a reason not to do so? Perhaps leaving the coil activated for that long would burn it up?

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I assume the next step would then be to, what, email Jen and ask for an invitation then?

Yep

#1831 4 years ago

Ive emailed Shannan twice in the last week without response...is there anyone else to contact at JJP regarding parts?

#1832 4 years ago

I have the diverter issue. I've reported it to Chris at Kingpin. I've also sent an email to Jen at JJP to get added to the forums so I can report it there.

#1833 4 years ago

I don't own the game, but just wanted to mention that I was at Helicon Brewery a few weeks back (during ReplayFX) and 2 of their 3 Wonka LEs had diverter issues.

#1834 4 years ago

I also have the diverter issue.

#1835 4 years ago

Looks like a pretty common used diverter? Believe many similar ones are used on lots of ramps especially pat l pins? I know on games like ripley's i had to bend /adjust it so it wld work correctly every time.. also u can add a piece of foam so it don't bounce back as far.

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

As someone suggested before, seems like the easy fix it just to activate the diverter in the down position immediately once a game play condition is met and leave it that way until the conditions of game play determine the ball should no longer be diverted (like perhaps when the Super Spinner mode times outs). This would make sure the ball always get diverted and not run pass the diverter too quickly and even it if did bounce off the diverter going up the ramp and back down the ramp again it would still be diverted.
This of course would require JJP to recode. Is there a reason not to do so? Perhaps leaving the coil activated for that long would burn it up?

If only... I've always wondering in POTC why JJP has the code retract the chest forks when you lose a ball only to immediately reactivate them when the next ball is popped into the launcher. Seems like unnecessary wear and tear on the fork mechanism and in the case of the Wonka diverter, seems like its affecting gameplay as well.

Jeff

#1837 4 years ago

Ive emailed Shannan twice in the last week without response...is there anyone else to contact at JJP regarding parts?

Frank the service manage or Steve.

Shannan should be back on Wednesday.

LTG : )

#1838 4 years ago

Still cannot update code. I have tried everything possible (except the right way) i guess, and im still at 1.07

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Still cannot update code.

It is a delta update. You might erase all 1.71 from your computer and do a fresh download. I'm on a PC. I download it. Place it on my desktop. It looks like a zipped folder. Left click that once. Right click and send to a USB stick 8GB to 16GB with nothing else on it. Go to the machine with it turned on, insert the USB stick into the cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - USB Update - follow the instructions on the screen. When it says you are done. Remove the USB stick, turn the game off. Wait 10 seconds and turn the game back on. Hit the enter button and check right hand corner of the screen to see what version is in it.

If you are doing that, then try different make USB sticks.

#1840 4 years ago

Yes ive done that. Ill have to try a different usb stick.

#1841 4 years ago

Diverter is broke on the Ocelot Brewing Wonka too, doesn't work at all.

#1842 4 years ago

Great job ModFather!

Gobstopper shooter rod looks fantastic..

B562BA41-1E6C-427C-BCCC-153171DF27E0 (resized).jpegB562BA41-1E6C-427C-BCCC-153171DF27E0 (resized).jpeg
#1843 4 years ago

Shannan is out until tomorrow.

Edit, ltg beat me to it.

#1844 4 years ago

djreddog posted the “Big Points” decals I’ve been making. I also did some gobstoppers for our pingulp. If you’d like one, email [email protected]. $7 shipped.

9DC8A7F0-5990-4880-B93B-E3CE5B798286 (resized).jpeg9DC8A7F0-5990-4880-B93B-E3CE5B798286 (resized).jpeg2B56718C-C5AD-4141-B956-24EFBB702D77 (resized).png2B56718C-C5AD-4141-B956-24EFBB702D77 (resized).png
#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from MrsPin:

djreddog posted the “Big Points” decals I’ve been making. I also did some gobstoppers for our pingulp. If you’d like one, email [email protected]. $7 shipped.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love that pin gulp gobstopper decal! I just sent you an email. Thanks!

#1846 4 years ago

Wonkavision not working since unboxing yesterday evening. Nothin obvious HDMI plugged in to screen and in back box. Everything looks fine but has never come on. Any recommendations? It looked like others have had issues due to unplugging in transit was curious what else people have found?

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitch37:

Any recommendations?

Please check connectors to Wonkavision, and then to the backbox and motherboard.

#1848 4 years ago

Traced hdmi and red and black cable up and into backbox unplugged and plugged back in. Still nothing.

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitch37:

Wonkavision not working since unboxing yesterday evening. Nothin obvious HDMI plugged in to screen and in back box. Everything looks fine but has never come on. Any recommendations? It looked like others have had issues due to unplugging in transit was curious what else people have found?

Here is what the connections look like.

20A3E674-E879-46C1-BCA7-B37EB920266D (resized).jpeg20A3E674-E879-46C1-BCA7-B37EB920266D (resized).jpegD16F4EEC-8DCE-4B7C-BA05-7DF6730EE7A2 (resized).jpegD16F4EEC-8DCE-4B7C-BA05-7DF6730EE7A2 (resized).jpeg
#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here is what the connections look like.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the cable pushed all the way in on the wonkavision? Unplug it and re insert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/37?hl=ktownhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.