New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,315 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 112 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 218 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 80 votes
    20%

(410 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 935 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D1EE606-5D8F-4ECE-9703-E2271CDE24C5 (resized).jpeg
18253F68-0C0E-4B6E-8144-D42C59E964C1 (resized).jpeg
E1C84F10-517C-4EE2-807D-20C2B4E8041F (resized).jpeg
WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf (PDF preview)
WW (resized).jpg
16029593853631444668132059831512.jpg
16029593749418612923346463799714.jpg
16029593654913191519638161050311.jpg
16029593488743943420180440047711.jpg
20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg
_DSC1657 (Large) (resized).JPG
_DSC1656 (Large) (resized).JPG
_DSC1654 (Large) (resized).JPG
_DSC1652 (Large) (resized).JPG
_DSC1651 (Large) (resized).JPG
_DSC1650 (Large) (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6315 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 127.
#1751 1 year ago

They look great! Do you have a link for ordering and will they work on all models including the "mysterious " CE?

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

They look great! Do you have a link for ordering and will they work on all models including the "mysterious " CE?

Thank you! link below. The only difference across the models is the wonkavator so these should work across all models. Free shipping, as always.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mushroom-spotlight-covers

#1753 1 year ago

Thanks to Chris from KingPin Games for delivering WONKA LE #333 today! Great guy and an amazing game that plays perfect out of the box.

C88913A1-13F3-4063-B575-D6E51926F91A (resized).jpeg
#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks to Chris from KingPin Games for delivering WONKA LE #333 today! Great guy and an amazing game that plays perfect out of the box.[quoted image]

Congrats! Yep he dropped off 331 (your games brother) just prior. Huge shout out as I suspect the Great distributors don’t always get the praise they deserve. Took time from his family to drop our groups a Wonkas off on a Saturday. Christopher and Kingpingames is Fricken awesome in my book and a great person no question. My family and friends thank You!!!

#1755 1 year ago

I’ve always received this error,it seems to me this was an issue but I can’t find in forum.Can anyone educate me on this issue.Everthing seems to be functioning properly

2C4EF7B7-09B8-45B0-B206-A0749596CAF8 (resized).jpeg
#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve always received this error,it seems to me this was an issue but I can’t find in forum.Can anyone educate me on this issue.Everthing seems to be functioning properly[quoted image]

EOS is end of stroke. It’s a switch that detects when a flipper is held, so it can adjust the voltage down and preserve the coil/keep it from cooking.

You should see a leaf switch somewhere near the upper right flipper, see if one of the wires came desoldered. Easy fix if so.

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

EOS is end of stroke. It’s a switch that detects when a flipper is held, so it can adjust the voltage down and preserve the coil/keep it from cooking.
You should see a leaf switch somewhere near the upper right flipper, see if one of the wires came desoldered. Easy fix if so.

Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks I’ll check today.Hey Zaphx
when do you suspect the next update will happpen?

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks I’ll check today.Hey Zaphx
when do you suspect the next update will happpen?

Man how should I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Despite accusations on pinside and soundcloud, I don’t work for JJP or have any kind of special relationship.
Just an enthusiastic customer who likes what they do.

#1759 1 year ago

I wasn’t implying any of that I just wondered when you might speculate it would be.

#1760 1 year ago

Best mod ever.

5CB36D8B-A7DB-48F2-A7EC-A88915519C33 (resized).jpegA47DDE06-AA79-4B62-9865-2698AD77BFCC (resized).jpeg
#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you don't have a wire off there, check the other three flipper EOS switches for a wire off of one of them.

LTG : )

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Best mod ever.[quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

Where did you get that mod. Must have. Thanks

#1763 1 year ago

One of the big mysteries for this game has to be trying to understand why they removed “big points” from the final version of the game. Below is a side by side comparison of a prototype and LN the right is an LE final version.
3DAA9304-4CA2-49F6-97C2-8ADC987A838B (resized).jpeg

I had a friend make this custom sticker. $5 shipped if you want one. Perfect? No. Helluva lot better than the big empty clear insert? 100%!

84839226-6E04-4CB0-A5EE-BABCFE6BE733 (resized).jpeg
#1764 1 year ago

So today, the Gobstopper just decided to stop working...made some slight grinding sound and stopped...ugh...anyone else experience this?

#1765 1 year ago

Just got my Wonka LE on Friday. Set it up on Saturday. It worked great for all of two hours until I got the opto problem that a few people have been reporting (Trough error: All optos active). Now it's essentially unplayable (unless someone has a suggestion on how to work around this failure until JJP sends me a replacement board).

What a huge disappointment. I've been waiting for this machine for months, only to have it crap out after less than 20 games. Hopefully JJP is learning from this failure and will incorporate a check for this failure this into their QA process.

Wonka opto failure (resized).jpg
#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from mitgrad93:

Just got my Wonka LE on Friday. Set it up on Saturday. It worked great for all of two hours until I got the opto problem that a few people have been reporting (Trough error: All optos active). Now it's essentially unplayable (unless someone has a suggestion on how to work around this failure until JJP sends me a replacement board).
What a huge disappointment. I've been waiting for this machine for months, only to have it crap out after less than 20 games. Hopefully JJP is learning from this failure and will incorporate a check for this failure this into their QA process.[quoted image]

Post a picture of your trough from a flipper point of view.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from mitgrad93:

What a huge disappointment. I've been waiting for this machine for months, only to have it crap out after less than 20 games. Hopefully JJP is learning from this failure and will incorporate a check for this failure this into their QA process.[quoted image]

unfortunley happened to a lot of machines...the fix is to remove the 2 opto boards and re-flow the solder on every LED and connector...will be up and running again in 20 mins! Its a workaround that will work and just keep the spare boards for a rainy day

#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

One of the big mysteries for this game has to be trying to understand why they removed “big points” from the final version of the game. Below is a side by side comparison of a prototype and LN the right is an LE final version.
[quoted image]
I had a friend make this custom sticker. $5 shipped if you want one. Perfect? No. Helluva lot better than the big empty clear insert? 100%![quoted image]

kinda crazy they eliminated that decal....almost looks like a screw up

#1769 1 year ago

Does anyone know where this is in the movie?It’s also on top right of large screen during gameplay
711EBBEA-5271-4F7E-A16D-9D8C956FE435 (resized).png

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know where this is in the movie?[quoted image]

We were re-creating some of the images/animations from the LCD (upper right)

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We were re-creating some of the images/animations from the LCD (upper right)

I know,but is the image used in movie?

#1772 1 year ago

Oh by the way this will be our first mod for our SE.

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know,but is the image used in movie?

It’s not in the movie, our design.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

It’s not in the movie, our design.

Cool thanks

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe they did because they wanted to use the light for other purposes down the road.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Agreed... It's really bizarre.

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Agreed... It's really bizarre.

CE feature?

#1778 1 year ago

“Big Points” is a random computer award, which you get from the Wonkavision shot. Doesn’t make sense to have it there anymore.

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

“Big Points” is a random computer award, which you get from the Wonkavision shot. Doesn’t make sense to have it there anymore.

Exactly, just wish they had put a better diffuser on the cutout 'cause the LEDs are still a nice touch to the Most Secret Machine.

#1780 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I agree that big insert looks naked without text.

Rob

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If it's not just points, maybe it should say "Big Award"? It does seem kind of naked without any text.
Rob

Add this non related audio, and I'm game!!

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Actually it does. The Wonka hat insert (when Scrumdidillyumptious is qualified), flashes so you can collect “big points”. The insert also strobes whenever the shot is lit for major scoring opportunities. So I think Big Points actually makes sense.

#1783 1 year ago

Then the insert should say COMPUTER AWARD.

Quoted from Adipocere:

#1784 1 year ago

Uffff - WONKA fell to 46 on the top 100 in the latest update

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Who cares

#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

That's because some nasty little Troll insiders went and red flagged all the good reviews.
Including mine. Lol
But who cares as I loves the Wonka!

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

You have one guy seemingly raving about the game, and then he gives it a 6.3. I suspect a lot of people rating this are either doing so without playing it, or they've encountered mechanical issues in the field (which I can imagine are common with SE's at this stage until JJP fixes a few issues). It is still early and fluctuations are going to happen until more people get time with it.

That said, any list that manages to keep AC/DC in the top 10 has zero credibility with me to begin with.

#1788 1 year ago

Well, if I had followed the advice here on pinside I would have never bought our LE, which was delivered here last week.

Its been the biggest hit with everyone for years, including myself, but its early days so who knows if it will last.

Sound etc was my biggest concern. First game I thought Hmm, sounds awfull first few games , then I plugged in my noise cancelling headphones.

Wow, Different game, what an amazing package of sounds . I think something must be wrong, as there’s no pop bumper oompa loompa sounds without, Call outs are missing too , very strange.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I will check in with JJP service anyhow to see if anything needs adjusting.

For now though, very happy with wonka!

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

That's because some nasty little Troll insiders went and red flagged all the good reviews.

According to what Robin told me, the red flags don't effect the final rating number unless you use the filters (that aren't used by default). There are a bunch of low ratings with no comments from people that are Stern fan boys. I'd speculate that they didn't want Wonka rated above their favorite game. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with the ratings. I wouldn't hold too much value in the ratings ... even though I admit I keep an eye on them and the actual comments out of curiosity. If you look at the pins that they own and the ratings they have made, you can judge for yourself if their ratings/comments hold any value to you.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

According to what Robin told me, the red flags don't effect the final rating number unless you use the filters (that aren't used by default). There are a bunch of low ratings with no comments from people that are Stern fan boys. I'd speculate that they didn't want Wonka rated above their favorite game. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with the ratings. I wouldn't hold too much value in the ratings ... even though I admit I keep an eye on them and the actual comments out of curiosity. If you look at the pins that they own and the ratings they have made, you can judge for yourself if their ratings/comments hold any value to you.

Totally agree.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally agree.

Same here

#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Absolutely. I wasn't pointing out the decline because it concerns me, moreso because the magnitude of the drop. We all know the top 100 is manipulated by owners, but I did think it was surprising that enough pinsiders wanted to lower WONKA to drop it that far. I think there was a thread early last week about WONKA being rated in the top 5. I'm thinking this drew attention and a lot of bogus low reviews.

#1793 1 year ago

Anybody have this problem with their le? I think the insert is in the wrong hole.

20190812_123052 (resized).jpg
#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

Anybody have this problem with their le? I think the insert is in the wrong hole.[quoted image]

I didn’t have that issue, but it’s an easy fix. The inserts come out with one of those star point screwdrivers and can be put into the correct hole.

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I didn’t have that issue, but it’s an easy fix. The inserts come out with one of those star point screwdrivers and can be put into the correct hole.

Wonderful, thank you. And a big thank you to Chris at Kingpin games for personally delivering my le and helping get it in the house. Great guy!

#1796 1 year ago

Anyone having any trouble opening a ticket with JJP online? When I go to create a New Support Case and click Submit it says "Please enter value(s) for: Game Serial Number", but there is no text box to enter in the Serial Number so therefore I cannot successful submit the form.

I have a call into them and I am awaiting a call back.

Support (resized).png
#1797 1 year ago

Game is playing great. Only issue was the captive ball wasn't registering. Checked the switch, working just fine. What the hell? Oh, I guess I should have removed the packing foam in the trough. Oops, my bad. What a great machine!

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

Game is playing great. Only issue was the captive ball wasn't registering. Checked the switch, working just fine. What the hell? Oh, I guess I should have removed the packing foam in the trough. Oops, my bad. What a great machine!

ha! i did tell you about that foam too. just too excited to play the game.

thanks again!

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ha! i did tell you about that foam too. just too excited to play the game.
thanks again!

yes I was. thanks Chris!!!

#1800 1 year ago

Everyone, please call Jenn or post on the support forum/claim about your issues with the diverter. Right now they do not believe us and say only 1 person has had issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 6315 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside