IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 278.
#1701 4 years ago

I emailed jack with a few quotes i think would blend really well they’d atleast consider it.

One was the oompah loompah quote “I don’t like the look of it” -when in the pops (as one quote/not broken up by pop bumper hits) because let’s be honest, those pops are dangerous! I’ve had numberous drains just from those pops and figured why not add this call out?

What do you guys/gals think?

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well I did not see any response to my post. I bought POTC and Wonka at the same time. Both LEs. Game design is amazing but the playfields are seriously below par. I’ve asked my distributor to replace my Wonka machine. I’ll let everyone know what happens. I’ve had the sling post issue with POTC but the Wonka is much worse. I’m not worried about POTC at this time although I used their star post repair kit. It was horrible! They provided six plastic washers. After installing they moved constantly. I first tried to tighten them more but they still moved and left an impression on the playfield. I took them out after two days and replaced with the rubber Hillman washers from Lowe’s. It is shocking to me that they would send replacement parts so obviously not up to what was needed. I’m hoping the impression damage doesn’t now cause the playfield to ripple outside of the new washer. Don’t see any solution if that happens. Won’t buy another JJ game for certain until the playfield issue is fixed 100 percent. I have three Sterns and one CGC and the playfields have no issues at all.

Good for you. Great you are taking action about your playfield issue. Accountability issues are rampant in this hobby. Obviously something has changed, as my DI and WOZ do not have any defects that are currently on some POTC and WW machines.

On another rant, I love how we have all these podcasts, YouTube videos and so on and hardly anyone mentions this problem. Oh, I forgot it's only pinball for $9500.00, plus tax and shipping.

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Personally I installed neoprene on my wonka and it made it worse so I took them off now I put plastic washers but the damage is done so I guess that’s that. I Still love wonka the gameplay and everything about it feels great i have a SE I can only imagine how the LE looks and feels.

Why do you think the neoprene made it worse? I could put plastic back on but they would move not sure that’s a good idea. Anyone have a safe solution?

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I did (seeing others posted doing so) and still had hangs. Tested just resting the ball up against the left posts with all rubber ring swaps I could and still no joy.
Running without a ring on the left post, which I do not like at all. Thinking of shaving a mm or so of the right swap ring to see if it will travel.

i used the old sling shot plastic rubber caps from an old game on both left side posts, there are now NO ball hangs.

do you guys know which ones i mean? they look like eraser caps, but mini.

#1705 4 years ago

this is the cap i used on left inlane posts and out lane post

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1706 4 years ago

i forgot to add, i poked a hole so the rubber would sit where the normal post rubber would normally sit. i used a finish nail for the hole and ran the rubber through.

#1707 4 years ago

I fixed my diverter issue. The screw holding the coil in place was loose. Tightening it was an easy fix, but getting to it was a bit tough. That “butter box” has some nuts that are hard to get to. I also bent the diverter plate a bit and I found that did a better job forcing the ball down the hole. It’s missing maybe 5% of the time now instead of 90%. I’m going to try the magnet thing people have been taking about and see it that helps. This game is so much fun!

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You play with lights on. Many of us don’t. Without lights on it is terribly dark. Mine has since been corrected and is much improved.[quoted image]

Ok, here's mine in a dimly lit room, start button pushed. A little dark in the middle, but not too bad.

I also posted a picture of the rubber on my left inlane. I trimmed it slightly to keep the ball from getting stuck.

MVIMG_20190807_200805 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190807_200805 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190807_200732 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190807_200732 (resized).jpg
#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, here's mine in a dimly lit room, start button pushed. A little dark in the middle, but not too bad.
I also posted a picture of the rubber on my left inlane. I trimmed it slightly to keep the ball from getting stuck.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you use a razor blade or something else?

#1710 4 years ago

Did you use a razor blade or something else?

Sharp scissor, just trimmed the edge.

#1711 4 years ago

You play with lights on. Many of us don’t. Without lights on it is terribly dark. Mine has since been corrected and is much improved.[quoted image]

You have pinstadiums installed there right? If so, I like how the powder ramps appear to prevent that awful candy striping.

I've seen PS on the standard and they look terrible. Absolutely terrible. I would go the lermods approach with a standard, PS with a LE.

Speaking of the LE, I do think it looks much nicer with that powder and much better side art. Not sure all of that plus the other items warrants 1500 but jjp did a nice job on the LE.

HUO on these standards is super attractive though with them dipping into high 6 and will go down from there.

Crazy how fast JJP NIB drops. You take such a hit with them unless you get lucky like potc!

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I also posted a picture of the rubber on my left inlane. I trimmed it slightly to keep the ball from getting stuck.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm seeing an LED strip under the back of the cabinet, one in the trough, and mirror blades. Anything else Lermods ? I'm thinking of adding some lighting to my LE and like what you have, maybe add two spot lights to the middle playfield area. Wonka is a little dark, definitely not WoZ dark though.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this is the cap i used on left inlane posts and out lane post[quoted image]

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I installed the left post today and I am really pleased with it. The game is still quite tough, but that left outlane at least now gives you what someone else here called "a fighting chance," and sometimes that makes all the difference.

#1714 4 years ago

So my distributor is replacing my Wonka! He’s a great guy, that why I bought from him. I believe JJ is agreeing to the replacement. I’m excited to have a working Wonka machine. Got it for my son. We went to Pintastic in Massachusetts in June and I met Jack himself and played four different Wonka machines, including a CE pre-production model. We even met three of the stars from Wonka who were there for the release of the machine. I bought an autographed poster of all of them because I knew I’d be getting the machine for my son. All four machines worked flawlessly. My son loved it so much he begged me to get it. I did not look at the playfield posts though so don’t know if any of them had the rippling issue. I wasn’t aware it went past POTC until I got my Wonka LE. It never played a single normal game. My son was hugely disappointed. But I told him not to worry, we would get it fixed or replaced with a good one. Can’t wait to be playing for golden tickets!

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my distributor is replacing my Wonka!

Darn, I hate to see this happening! What a truly unfortunate thing, Mirco has a problem and it's laying at the feet of JJP and dragging down their greatness. I don't know what to say other than I'm just sad.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm seeing an LED strip under the back of the cabinet, one in the trough, and mirror blades. Anything else lermods ? I'm thinking of adding some lighting to my LE and like what you have, maybe add two spot lights to the middle playfield area. Wonka is a little dark, definitely not WoZ dark though.

Yes, that’s what I’ve got on my game. I could provide two wired spotlights for a small fee with purchase of the backboard and trough set up. just contact me if anyone wants the full setup. For around $100 shipped you’d have a lit up play field.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-led-strip-backboard-slash-trough-combo

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I fixed my diverter issue. The screw holding the coil in place was loose. Tightening it was an easy fix, but getting to it was a bit tough. That “butter box” has some nuts that are hard to get to. I also bent the diverter plate a bit and I found that did a better job forcing the ball down the hole. It’s missing maybe 5% of the time now instead of 90%. I’m going to try the magnet thing people have been taking about and see it that helps. This game is so much fun!

What was the diverter issue before you fixed it?

I seem to have three issues:
1) Sometimes the ball bounces off the diverter plate and while the ball is traveling back up the wire form, the diveter plate lifts back up so when the ball comes back down the wireform again it just passes on through
2) Sometimes the diveter seems to go down and then lifts back up so quickly that the ball has not even had time to reach the diveter plate before it lifts back up and so the ball passes on through
3) Sometimes it seems that the ball pushes through the diverter plate even though it is in the down position so the ball passes on through

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Darn, I hate to see this happening! What a truly unfortunate thing, Mirco has a problem and it's laying at the feet of JJP and dragging down their greatness. I don't know what to say other than I'm just sad.

Im sad for Stern as well. A friend is working on his 3rd playfield with his pin. Truly sucks.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Looking for some insight.
The upper left flipper is getting stuck fairly regularly... Except it only happens when the ball gets diverted or recently after. It never happens prior to the diverter/magnet. I've tried a few different flipper strength settings and it hasn't helped. I'm going to try disabling the nearby magnet. Anyone have any thoughts?

Still having this issue. I checked the screws underneath and everything felt tight and no different than the other 3 flippers. I've tried a bunch of different flipper strength settings as well. It is still getting stuck. It can be un-stuck by opening the coin door... any thoughts on why that would be the case?

#1720 4 years ago

Good grief I'm only 3 weeks of play into my SE and my right lower flipper rubber is nearly split open already. Anyone have any recommendations on what to use?

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

What was the diverter issue before you fixed it?
I seem to have three issues:
1) Sometimes the ball bounces off the diverter plate and while the ball is traveling back up the wire form, the diveter plate lifts back up so when the ball comes back down the wireform again it just passes on through
2) Sometimes the diveter seems to go down and then lifts back up so quickly that the ball has not even had time to reach the diveter plate before it lifts back up and so the ball passes on through
3) Sometimes it seems that the ball pushes through the diverter plate even though it is in the down position so the ball passes on through

My issue was that the diverter was firing, but never catching the ball, similar to #3. It would slip past most of the time. To fix this, I took the plastic box off (4 screws) and then the diverter off (4 more screws) and tightened the screw holding the coil to the metal plate. I also bent the L-shaped bracket slightly so that the angle was a bit more acute.
Now the diverter catches it every time, but it will sometimes bounce back too far and not go down the hole. I've also had it just get stuck on the diverter and sit there until the diverter lifts. I feel like the angle of deflection needs to be increased. I may add a small wedge or something to really encourage the ball to move left into the hole. It works for me 90-95% of the time now, so it's not a huge issue anymore.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Good grief I'm only 3 weeks of play into my SE and my right lower flipper rubber is nearly split open already. Anyone have any recommendations on what to use?

Blue Titan rubbers.

#1723 4 years ago

Consistent with my experience on suzo/happ red rubbers regardless of which game.

Hit up titanpinball.com - their rings clean up nicer and wear better.

#1724 4 years ago

Same happened with mine, and my shooter rubber split. Not uncommon. I put PerfectPlay silicone rubbers from PinballLife (in purple, because I thought they looked good with the theme). I mostly chose those because I was buying a shaker motor from them anyway and figured I’d combine shipping. Titans and the silicone rubbers that Marco sells are also good choices.

#1725 4 years ago

+1 for titan pinball silicone rings..to me they're as close to real rubber feel and play and last much longer and clean up easy. Big fan.

#1726 4 years ago

Anyone know when the second round of SEs are going to start shipping? Are CEs now on the line?
Still on the list waiting and I am getting impatient!

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Oh MAN do I like seeing the translight lit on the sides and bottom. I wish I had the money sir!

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Anyone know when the second round of SEs are going to start shipping? Are CEs now on the line?
Still on the list waiting and I am getting impatient!

LE is on the line still

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

LE is on the line still

True. Hoping mine will be delivered from Chris at Kingpin Games next week.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

True. Hoping mine will be delivered from Chris at Kingpin Games next week.

It will. He is combing the Chicago area like Santa Clause (not saying he's fat....) with a mega truck of toys from Jersey. We will be seeing him soon with a multi LE Wonka drop. Way excited to bring this great game home.

#1731 4 years ago

Hi everyone, we are ready to formally introduce our interactive Wonkavator. This Wonkavator fills the area in the back in the SE (may fit le, but haven't tested fit) and is interactive with the spinner super lock, which lights when a Wonkavator ball lock is ready. The Wonkavator features spinning fan blades, inside light and an external color changing RGB spotlight that also lights the outside when the spinner super lock is lit or flashing.

The mod was a joint effort with Random Pinball (aka @Toyotaboy) and features Rock Custom Pinball's GameOn technology @rock914).

We hope you like it! We have one in stock with more on the way over the next week.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-standard-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

MVIMG_20190809_093208 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190809_093208 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190809_093157 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190809_093157 (resized).jpg
#1732 4 years ago

Hi guys. First off, I have been a Jersey Jack pinball owner for only two weeks, so I’m new. However my experience with their technical support so far is nothing short of outstanding. I’ve spoken with both Frank and Steve and Steve has even helped me on his day off on weekends. They have been very responsive and their service really couldn’t be any better. I feel I should probably say more about the star post issue and what washers to use. It may be that the neoprene are worse and that the plastic ones sent by JJ are better. My initial impression could have been totally wrong on that. They are checking on a few things to see what is best, but they are definitely on the problem. I’m very satisfied they will take care of me. As soon as they figure out the playfield issues, which apparently other manufacturers are also experiencing now, I will definitely buy another one. Nobody makes cooler pins than JJ IMHO. They didn’t realize that Micro’s playfields were having such issues so I don’t blame them. As long as they fix it, what else can we expect?

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys. First off, I have been a Jersey Jack pinball owner for only two weeks, so I’m new. However my experience with their technical support so far is nothing short of outstanding. I’ve spoken with both Frank and Steve and Steve has even helped me on his day off on weekends. They have been very responsive and their service really couldn’t be any better. I feel I should probably say more about the star post issue and what washers to use. It may be that the neoprene are worse and that the plastic ones sent by JJ are better. My initial impression could have been totally wrong on that. They are checking on a few things to see what is best, but they are definitely on the problem. I’m very satisfied they will take care of me. As soon as they figure out the playfield issues, which apparently other manufacturers are also experiencing now, I will definitely buy another one. Nobody makes cooler pins than JJ IMHO. They didn’t realize that Micro’s playfields were having such issues so I don’t blame them. As long as they fix it, what else can we expect?

I Dont know How long they are obligated/contracted to mirco, but after potc, they sure must know mirco is crap.

Very puzzled on the whole playfield issue. I've seen williams/bally pf's more then 20 years, looking as good as new.
What's this re-invent the wheel shit?

Otherwise i agree JJP games are spectacular and great, which imo makes it even worse and pisses me of royally.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

They have been very helpful to me as well. I have not seen the point in venting every issue here so long as they are taking care of us. Stephen has been most helpful, as have the programming team. I too am using the plastic washers provided. Wonka is playing like a dream and I am thrilled with it.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hi everyone, we are ready to formally introduce our interactive Wonkavator. This Wonkavator fills the area in the back in the SE (may fit le, but haven't tested fit) and is interactive with the spinner super lock, which lights when a Wonkavator ball lock is ready. The Wonkavator features spinning fan blades, inside light and an external color changing RGB spotlight that also lights the outside when the spinner super lock is lit or flashing.
The mod was a joint effort with Random Pinball (aka Toyotaboy) and features Rock Custom Pinball's GameOn technology rock914).
We hope you like it! We have one in stock with more on the way over the next week.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-standard-pinball-interactive-wonkavator[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant work. Would love to know if it's compatible with the LE.

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Brilliant work. Would love to know if it's compatible with the LE.

if someone can get a clean picture of that area, I can determine if it will work. I have not seen an LE yet. it can be mounted elsewhere, but again, can't say where for sure having not seen the game. And thanks for the compliment, toyotaboy is really amazing at what he does.

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

They have been very helpful to me as well. I have not seen the point in venting every issue here so long as they are taking care of us. Stephen has been most helpful, as have the programming team. I too am using the plastic washers provided. Wonka is playing like a dream and I am thrilled with it.

No diverter issues? Where the ball sometimes does not get dropped down to the upper left flipper.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

No diverter issues? Where the ball sometimes does not get dropped down to the upper left flipper.

I am not having those issues so far, at least not with regularity. Maybe once in a blue moon it doesn't quite catch it. I have had other issues though, and ones that are not the same for all owners. As has been said before, every machine is just a little bit different.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It will. He is combing the Chicago area like Santa Clause (not saying he's fat....) with a mega truck of toys from Jersey. We will be seeing him soon with a multi LE Wonka drop. Way excited to bring this great game home.

You're right! I got a call from Chris at lunchtime today. He will be delivering my LE tomorrow!!!

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this is the cap i used on left inlane posts and out lane post[quoted image]

This worked perfect for me also

#1741 4 years ago

You're right! I got a call from Chris at lunchtime today. He will be delivering my LE tomorrow!!!

Oh happy day!

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh happy day!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Ren and Stimpy (resized).pngRen and Stimpy (resized).png
#1743 4 years ago

He's bringing mine to Minnesota on Monday, can't wait!!!

#1744 4 years ago

I want to test my diverter during game play with the glass off. Anyone know the quickest way to qualify the diverter so I can send a ball to the left ramp and see if the diverter makes it drop?

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from janus:

He's bringing mine to Minnesota on Monday, can't wait!!!

Boom! I have one left over... who wants it?

20190809_094033 (resized).jpg20190809_094033 (resized).jpg20190809_094129 (resized).jpg20190809_094129 (resized).jpg
#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Boom! I have one left over... who wants it?[quoted image][quoted image]

What a sexy beautiful picture. That’s a lot of Wonka’s.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Boom! I have one left over... who wants it?[quoted image][quoted image]

So excited for everyone getting one of those - I am LOVING this game!

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Saving up, I want an LE

Christopher takes kidneys. (As long as they are stuffed with hundred dollar bills) lol

#1750 4 years ago

I didn't like seeing the ugly spotlights so we made some candy mushrooms to cover them.

IMG_20190810_123938 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_123938 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190810_124115 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190810_124115 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/35?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.