IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 279.
#1651 4 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only outstanding issue without a resolution right now is the diverter problem? Just tracking things in my head since POTC needed it's own thread...

Jeff

#1652 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten any details or glimpse of a CE art package? I have asked around with Joe at Pinballstar and he hasn't been able to provide anything. I had my deposit down for the CE on day one, but seeing as they are reportedly starting to ship CE the end of August/September, I would have expected to see an art package by now.

Thanks!

#1653 4 years ago

Hey Jack,show me the CE now!

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Has anyone gotten any details or glimpse of a CE art package? I have asked around with Joe at Pinballstar and he hasn't been able to provide anything. I had my deposit down for the CE on day one, but seeing as they are reportedly starting to ship CE the end of August/September, I would have expected to see an art package by now.
Thanks!

Same here but nothing... I keep asking JJP every so often and continue to get the same answer so...

Jeff

#1655 4 years ago

I don't see a manual, schematic, or other documentation on the JJP site. Am I missing something or does anyone know when this info will be published? I've got a game that didn't boot out of the box, so I'm waiting for new a new CPU, processor, and memory to arrive in the mail. I figured that while I was waiting I'd learn more about the guts of the game.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Thanks!

I have been told a couple of weeks and all will be revealed. We are ALL waiting to see what great features will be included with the Collector's Editions.

#1658 4 years ago

Got my LE delivered this evening. #81. Shoots super smooth. I really prefer it with the left lane post in.
I ran into the subway kicker issue. Had to turn up the power to max to get it to work, but it worked. I’m getting a lower diverted error in the menu. When I test the coil it works, but the ball is only getting diverted 10% of the times it should(based on the sound effect firing). I’ll have to dig in to fix it tomorrow.
I’m loving the game so far. I’m consistently getting around 1 million and I had 3 or 4 gobstoppers collected in gobstopper multiball. Once I get the diverter working, I’m sure I’ll get more wonkavator multiballs too.

#1659 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I really prefer it with the left lane post in.

I wish the rubber ring included didn't cause ball hangs, but I do agree.

Super fun pin!

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I wish the rubber ring included didn't cause ball hangs, but I do agree.
Super fun pin!

Switch that ring that came with it with the ring off the right side inlane post. Worked for me.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Got my LE delivered this evening. #81. Shoots super smooth. I really prefer it with the left lane post in.
I ran into the subway kicker issue. Had to turn up the power to max to get it to work, but it worked. I’m getting a lower diverted error in the menu. When I test the coil it works, but the ball is only getting diverted 10% of the times it should(based on the sound effect firing). I’ll have to dig in to fix it tomorrow.
I’m loving the game so far. I’m consistently getting around 1 million and I had 3 or 4 gobstoppers collected in gobstopper multiball. Once I get the diverter working, I’m sure I’ll get more wonkavator multiballs too.

Curious to hear your diverter fix. Mine works around 80% of the time, but the 20% that fail are super frustrating.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Switch that ring that came with it with the ring off the right side inlane post. Worked for me.

I did (seeing others posted doing so) and still had hangs. Tested just resting the ball up against the left posts with all rubber ring swaps I could and still no joy.

Running without a ring on the left post, which I do not like at all. Thinking of shaving a mm or so of the right swap ring to see if it will travel.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Did you ever get help? Nobody here responded to you, which is unusual and frustrating I'm sure.
Seems like Wonka has even more issues than potc.. Sloppy..

Well I did not see any response to my post. I bought POTC and Wonka at the same time. Both LEs. Game design is amazing but the playfields are seriously below par. I’ve asked my distributor to replace my Wonka machine. I’ll let everyone know what happens. I’ve had the sling post issue with POTC but the Wonka is much worse. I’m not worried about POTC at this time although I used their star post repair kit. It was horrible! They provided six plastic washers. After installing they moved constantly. I first tried to tighten them more but they still moved and left an impression on the playfield. I took them out after two days and replaced with the rubber Hillman washers from Lowe’s. It is shocking to me that they would send replacement parts so obviously not up to what was needed. I’m hoping the impression damage doesn’t now cause the playfield to ripple outside of the new washer. Don’t see any solution if that happens. Won’t buy another JJ game for certain until the playfield issue is fixed 100 percent. I have three Sterns and one CGC and the playfields have no issues at all.

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Curious to hear your diverter fix. Mine works around 80% of the time, but the 20% that fail are super frustrating.

I think my issue is different. I’ve seen your stream and it misses some of the time. Mine misses almost every time and I have an error displayed when I go into the menu. I didn’t have time to mess with it today, so I’ll try to tackle it tomorrow.

#1665 4 years ago

Can't wait to sell few pins next week and get this game... its so good.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I did (seeing others posted doing so) and still had hangs. Tested just resting the ball up against the left posts with all rubber ring swaps I could and still no joy.
Running without a ring on the left post, which I do not like at all. Thinking of shaving a mm or so of the right swap ring to see if it will travel.

You are correct sir, I forgot to mention I did also have to shave quite a bit off the inlane ring. Not the most cosmetic solution but it has worked great. The outlane drains are pretty much equal now.
IMG_0344 (resized).jpgIMG_0344 (resized).jpg

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well I did not see any response to my post. I bought POTC and Wonka at the same time. Both LEs. Game design is amazing but the playfields are seriously below par. I’ve asked my distributor to replace my Wonka machine. I’ll let everyone know what happens. I’ve had the sling post issue with POTC but the Wonka is much worse. I’m not worried about POTC at this time although I used their star post repair kit. It was horrible! They provided six plastic washers. After installing they moved constantly. I first tried to tighten them more but they still moved and left an impression on the playfield. I took them out after two days and replaced with the rubber Hillman washers from Lowe’s. It is shocking to me that they would send replacement parts so obviously not up to what was needed. I’m hoping the impression damage doesn’t now cause the playfield to ripple outside of the new washer. Don’t see any solution if that happens. Won’t buy another JJ game for certain until the playfield issue is fixed 100 percent. I have three Sterns and one CGC and the playfields have no issues at all.

The slings were moving or just the washers underneath?

Sounds absolutely horrible, on both fronts.

#1668 4 years ago

Washers and posts but I suspect the only reason the posts moved was because the washers were plastic and slippery

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

You are correct sir, I forgot to mention I did also have to shave quite a bit off the inlane ring. Not the most cosmetic solution but it has worked great. The outlane drains are pretty much equal now.
[quoted image]

I just installed the post, and moved the rubber from the inlane divider post over to it. works great. reminds me of TZ right inlane and outlane being divided by a wire instead of a post
87865811-5C2B-4968-A037-FC2335267FBF (resized).jpeg87865811-5C2B-4968-A037-FC2335267FBF (resized).jpeg

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I just installed the post, and moved the rubber from the inlane divider post over to it. works great. reminds me of TZ right inlane and outlane being divided by a wire instead of a post
[quoted image]

I tried this, but when the ball dropped from the habitrail it kept bouncing over to the right inlane when it's supposed to be going to the left.

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Washers and posts but I suspect the only reason the posts moved was because the washers were plastic and slippery

Ugh.

The neoprene are working better for you so far?

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ugh.
The neoprene are working better for you so far?

Personally I installed neoprene on my wonka and it made it worse so I took them off now I put plastic washers but the damage is done so I guess that’s that. I Still love wonka the gameplay and everything about it feels great i have a SE I can only imagine how the LE looks and feels.

#1673 4 years ago

Does anybody understand why JJP chooze to stay with mirco?
I simply Dont get it.

#1674 4 years ago

I got my Wonka and set it up... I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I have to say in the home environment this game is so much better. I just want to say that Jersey Jack Pinball is the best pinball company ever for the collector! This game is a total home run, I'm so excited about this game, there is so much to unpack! I enjoyed the game so much only a few words came to mind here are a few!

1) The game made me feel happy, like a kid again!

2) Jersey Jack is the Disney of Pinball.

This game is just pure magic, thank you Jersey Jack for once again reminding us how thru pinball we can feel so happy to love pinball!

Lastly I wanted to say that the Mod Couple is amazing they're the perfect compliment to Jersey Jack without a doubt! GRAB THIS GAME I might go as far as to say this is the great collector pinball game ever! Again just pure magic!

IMG_4866 (resized).jpgIMG_4866 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpgIMG_4872 (resized).jpgIMG_4872 (resized).jpgIMG_4874 (resized).jpgIMG_4874 (resized).jpgIMG_4875 (resized).jpgIMG_4875 (resized).jpgIMG_4876 (resized).jpgIMG_4876 (resized).jpg
#1675 4 years ago

Here a request for WONKA... I'd like to see good side blade art made for this game.

I saw one for sale but that doesn't do justice to the game. We need one on the level of the more recent one done for WOZ.

Here is a suggestion... do the chocolate river, with the boat, candy, blah, blah. The game is missing the boat... that can be fixed with sideblade art.

Can someone do that?

As for a Mod I'd like to see a mod that fits over a ramp, a BOAT with Willy Wonka driving. Also near the Wonkavator there is a spot with two screens I think that needs a ledge with two umpa lumpas doing work. I think that would be cool.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

The tolerances on space in the outlanes are really tight on this game. Maybe too tight. I tried putting a different rubber on the left slingshot and suddenly the ball would not even pass through the immediate left lane anymore. It gets caught between the rubber on the center post and the slightshot rubber and just stays there. I had to put the old white rubber back on and even then it now seems to have to wiggle through the space. I have not tried putting that left post in yet, even with a smaller rubber, but I suspect the same may happen. Not everyone is having the issue. Is it possible that these holes are not consistent between tables?

It seems like we need an even smaller diameter rubber for that center post on the left outlanes, but I don't believe one exists. I like to minimize the amount of bare metal the ball is striking if possible, so that my pinballs don't chip and start marking up the soft playfield.

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I tried this, but when the ball dropped from the habitrail it kept bouncing over to the right inlane when it's supposed to be going to the left.

Something to note is I used the lower of the 2 screw holes for the outlane post, and kept the black cap on the upper one. Did you do this, or try to use the upper of the 2 holes?

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

[quoted image]

What did you use to shave the rubber down? Looking to do the same thing.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I got my Wonka and set it up... I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I have to say in the home environment this game is so much better. I just want to say that Jersey Jack Pinball is the best pinball company ever for the collector! This game is a total home run, I'm so excited about this game, there is so much to unpack! I enjoyed the game so much only a few words came to mind here are a few!
1) The game made me feel happy, like a kid again!
2) Jersey Jack is the Disney of Pinball.
This game is just pure magic, thank you Jersey Jack for once again reminding us how thru pinball we can feel so happy to love pinball!
Lastly I wanted to say that the Mod Couple is amazing they're the perfect compliment to Jersey Jack without a doubt! GRAB THIS GAME I might go as far as to say this is the great collector pinball game ever! Again just pure magic![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So feeling the way you do about Wonka and looking back now should you have got the CE?

Which mod is you Favorite?

I'm putting Mirror blades because they make Wonka look more Candyful

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

So feeling the way you do about Wonka and looking back now should you have got the CE?

No. If I had CE money I would use that money to buy another pin to sit beside my SE.

#1681 4 years ago

I’m happy with my LE purchase. Wouldn’t have gotten a CE. Instead I bought Jp Pro with that money.

I blew it up last night. 2 golden tickets, finished office and look at that bonus!

I believe the golden ticket requirements are too high. I am a pretty good player and after a game of 40 min this is all I had. I even hit a double gobstopper super jackpot (2 balls in the hole before it closes.). All together I had 3 gobstopper multiballs, 3 kid mb, 1 wonkavator and I finished the whole tour.

1F94A2C3-333C-4AD2-B166-EBC4A700E40A (resized).png1F94A2C3-333C-4AD2-B166-EBC4A700E40A (resized).png9591BF67-DDE6-46B3-B805-A28112164317 (resized).jpeg9591BF67-DDE6-46B3-B805-A28112164317 (resized).jpeg
#1682 4 years ago

Is there a link to the 1.09 ruleset anywhere? I noticed that the game didn't come with an owners manual, will one be delivered to us in the future, or available at JJP for download?

#1683 4 years ago

Manual will be available for download from the website.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

"Candyful".....Love it!!

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What pins do you have?

STERNS!

#1686 4 years ago

Exactly. Lmao

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

[quoted image]

This is exactly what I am going to try. Thanks for posting this! Hopefully this will take care of the slow inside lane movement too.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have been told a couple of weeks and all will be revealed. We are ALL waiting to see what great features will be included with the Collector's Editions.

Thanks Chris
Any idea when the CE will start being produced/ship?

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks Chris
Any idea when the CE will start being produced/ship?

sorry, that answer is above my pay grade. i can give the common pinball "soon" answer if you like...

#1690 4 years ago

sorry, that answer is above my pay grade. i can give the common pinball "soon" answer if you like...

D6DD024D-E0D5-49F6-A442-192F5546A4F3 (resized).pngD6DD024D-E0D5-49F6-A442-192F5546A4F3 (resized).png
#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

You know you have something there mirror blades might be the way to go but I was really hoping for something with the boat on it. I think I might take your advice and buy some mirror blades. The only problem I see with that is the game seems a bit dark near the top of the playfield.

As for which mod I like the most... if you ask me on Pirates I can tell you on Wonka I think they're all good.

Nothing really stands out yet because I just like them all.

#1692 4 years ago

oh YES!!!! Its coming soon!

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know you have something there mirror blades might be the way to go but I was really hoping for something with the boat on it. I think I might take your advice and buy some mirror blades. The only problem I see with that is the game seems a bit dark near the top of the playfield.
As for which mod I like the most... if you ask me on Pirates I can tell you on Wonka I think they're all good.

I ordered pinstadium lighting to take care of that problem and they have assured me I won't have any reflective issues with mirror blades.

I'm not going to hook up flashers on them just GI because I don't want to interrupt the awesome light shows

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

No issues with darkness at the back of my game, nor is my game dark at all. Trough and backboard lights have worked for me. I think the mirrors help too.

MVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpg
#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No issues with darkness at the back of my game, nor is my game dark at all. Trough and backboard lights have worked for me. I think the mirrors help too.[quoted image]

You play with lights on. Many of us don’t. Without lights on it is terribly dark. Mine has since been corrected and is much improved.

E290C574-AD6A-457C-9EEC-240BB0C1628A (resized).jpegE290C574-AD6A-457C-9EEC-240BB0C1628A (resized).jpeg
#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

[quoted image]

Just say’n... Good choice of meme. Got my likeness just right

#1697 4 years ago

EDIT: DISREGARD, I found it.

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You play with lights on. Many of us don’t. Without lights on it is terribly dark. Mine has since been corrected and is much improved.[quoted image]

My picture was taken in dim light, no flash. I dim the lights down low when I play. You will notice, however, that many of the inserts are lit when I took the pic whereas in your pic most inserts are off.

I'll see if I can get a pic of my game with the inserts off to compare

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My picture was taken in dim light, no flash. I dim the lights down low when I play. You will notice, however, that many of the inserts are lit when I took the pic whereas in your pic most inserts are off.
I'll see if I can get a pic of my game with the inserts off to compare

My photo is just when you hit the start button if that helps. Normal play.

#1700 4 years ago

JJP needs to load up the CE with everything they can add even at a loss then add more and the kitchen sink. Also the day it releases they need to put out a Huge code update. If not the game sits like Dialed in CE at distributors warehouses.

Lets go JJP. This game should be Blockbuster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/34?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.