IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 279.
#1601 4 years ago

Holy crap! There's already a SE up for sale?!?

Starting to reconsider buying this game. The description says it's about six weeks old. Unreal.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Starting to reconsider buying this game. The description says it's about six weeks old. Unreal.

I know what you mean, but don't some people buy Stern Pro's because they come out first, and then sell them in order to fund a premium or LE of the same game?

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It could be an upgrader. I’m considering putting my SE up as I expect CEs soon.

#1604 4 years ago

Are the LEs having the same diverter problems as the SEs?

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm putting it up for a JP Premium. I'm really turned of by JJPs with the trough board/ball issue that it shipped with. Although they did ship out a replacement that took over a week to get here (the 300lb game only took 2 days), the fact they make you pay for shipping to return the defective trough or they'll charge you for the replacement part just doesn't sit right. After buying 7 (soon to be 8 ) Sterns NIB and 2 CGC remakes NIB without any issue, this just left a sour taste in my mouth. It's still a fun game that has the best flow around and good strategy once you understand the rules. Luckily mine hasn't had the diverter issue, I haven't noticed one bounce back or reject.

#1606 4 years ago

Wonka looks to be a great game by JJP. Inspired by the CE version, I whipped a batch of really nice Gobstopper shooters. Each hand painted and heavily clearcoated for a deep shine, they blend well with the theme and color scheme of the game. I hope you like them. Available at Modfather Pinball
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/wonka-everlasting-gobstopper-shooter?_pos=1&_sid=574ef521d&_ss=r

wonka (resized).pngwonka (resized).pngwonka rod (resized).pngwonka rod (resized).pngwonkas (resized).pngwonkas (resized).png
#1607 4 years ago

Those look great. Tossing our version out there we are in the painting process. Fully cast in strong resin comes with wonka bar shooter plate pictured. Plate will be available this week individually. Kit price $89 the plate alone will be $24.95. Shooter plate is metal cast two time plate with enamel inlays.
Will be available on hookedonpinball.com

20190805_195951 (resized).jpg20190805_195951 (resized).jpg20190805_200000 (resized).jpg20190805_200000 (resized).jpg20190805_200049 (resized).jpg20190805_200049 (resized).jpg
#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Where do you suggest getting neoprene washers? I don’t notice any rippling on mine but would like to avoid the issue if possible.

I bought these at Lowe’s today. larger ones (3/4”) for star posts, and smaller ones (1/2”) for the small posts. 98 cents per bag of 2

E499CAE7-5E00-4E00-9C08-F07C5AE8BF03 (resized).jpegE499CAE7-5E00-4E00-9C08-F07C5AE8BF03 (resized).jpeg084448FE-18B1-4648-9A55-9739E375DD99 (resized).jpeg084448FE-18B1-4648-9A55-9739E375DD99 (resized).jpeg9278BCF3-5926-4E07-9CCB-02935401248E (resized).jpeg9278BCF3-5926-4E07-9CCB-02935401248E (resized).jpeg26A03B94-53C0-4030-9503-7F8ACF69FEF0 (resized).jpeg26A03B94-53C0-4030-9503-7F8ACF69FEF0 (resized).jpeg1F080D26-63F4-4DCE-8B3D-31C36A778B36 (resized).jpeg1F080D26-63F4-4DCE-8B3D-31C36A778B36 (resized).jpeg
#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I bought these at Lowe’s today. larger ones (3/4”) for star posts, and smaller ones (1/2”) for the small posts. 98 cents per bag of 2[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Word of advice when you add please hand tighten with those rubber washers because even though I hand tighten mine on I'm still getting bubbling around the post. Seems likes there no fix when it comes to the clearcoat issue

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I bought these at Lowe’s today. larger ones (3/4”) for star posts, and smaller ones (1/2”) for the small posts. 98 cents per bag of 2[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you take a photo with the 1/2" regular posts?

I need to grab some for Pirates.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Wonka looks to be a great game by JJP. Inspired by the CE version, I whipped a batch of really nice Gobstopper shooters. Each hand painted and heavily clearcoated for a deep shine, they blend well with the theme and color scheme of the game. I hope you like them. Available at Modfather Pinball
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/wonka-everlasting-gobstopper-shooter?_pos=1&_sid=574ef521d&_ss=r[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got one of these last week for our game that we Hope will be here this week. As usual your attention to detail is spot on and the quality is awesome. Thanks again!

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I'm putting it up for a JP Premium. I'm really turned of by JJPs with the trough board/ball issue that it shipped with. Although they did ship out a replacement that took over a week to get here (the 300lb game only took 2 days), the fact they make you pay for shipping to return the defective trough or they'll charge you for the replacement part just doesn't sit right. After buying 7 (soon to be 8 ) Sterns NIB and 2 CGC remakes NIB without any issue, this just left a sour taste in my mouth. It's still a fun game that has the best flow around and good strategy once you understand the rules. Luckily mine hasn't had the diverter issue, I haven't noticed one bounce back or reject.

That really sucks about having to send back the trough on your dime. My dad has the trough issue also and they sent out new boards. They should hopefully be here sometime this week.

#1613 4 years ago

I'd like to say that WW seems to be hitting all the notes and is a top 10 pin at least for now.

2019-08-06_0-20-45 (resized).png2019-08-06_0-20-45 (resized).png
#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

That really sucks about having to send back the trough on your dime. My dad has the trough issue also and they sent out new boards. They should hopefully be here sometime this week.

The fact that once it was up and running again, I didn't feel like playing it (Batman 66 might have something to do with it ). Then I realized I didn't really miss it while it was down. If I buy a JJP in the future, certainly going the used route. I think I'm sticking with Stern, CGC, Spooky if they do another run of TNA and probably going to get an Oktoberfest with these proceeds.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just got my LE a week ago and it had major clearcoat rippling/bubbling under every visible post before I even flipped a ball. I’ve also got more technical issues than I’ve ever had with a pin before. Working with my distributor and JJ on what to do. Haven’t been able to play a single normal game yet. Trough issues, the secret machine dropped down 3/4 of an inch and it constantly shoots balls. Ugh.

Did you ever get help? Nobody here responded to you, which is unusual and frustrating I'm sure.

Seems like Wonka has even more issues than potc.. Sloppy..

#1616 4 years ago

My Wonka has been played and looks perfect!

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Did you ever get help? Nobody here responded to you, which is unusual and frustrating I'm sure.

Yep, they sent out a new trough assembly. It works perfect again.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Dang, when I first saw you made a post, and before I read it, I got really excited that you were going to say our LE's were in...

soon. the truck with all 20 of them should be leaving JJP tomorrow, getting here friday. I hope to make a run to the cities early next week.

#1619 4 years ago

No

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you take a photo with the 1/2" regular posts?
I need to grab some for Pirates.

the bag and washer, but not with the post. I had a star post laying out in my shop, so its in the photo, but not a small one.

small one for small posts is 3/16" hole, 1/2" OD and 1/16" thick

large one for star posts is 5/16" hole, 3/4" OD and 1/16" thick

this is what I've used, hope this helps

#1621 4 years ago

Did it slow down on the JP2 thread?Back to bash on Wonka ?

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Exactly. Lmao.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Help @GamerRick, he's got real issues and nobody has responded. CE deposit BTW, just waiting to actually see the playfield.

#1624 4 years ago

Help GamerRick, he's got real issues and nobody has responded. CE deposit BTW, just waiting to actually see the playfield.

Yeah right! Lol

#1625 4 years ago

Help GamerRick, he's got real issues and nobody has responded. CE deposit BTW, just waiting to actually see the playfield.

What pins do you have?

#1626 4 years ago

This game is AWESOME! So many satisfying shots, and tons to do, yet easy to understand the basics.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

This game is AWESOME! So many satisfying shots, and tons to do, yet easy to understand the basics.

I’m guessing a lot more coding to come,knowing Ted & crew

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m guessing a lot more coding to come,knowing Ted & crew

Definitely would be a bonus, but the game is great right now. One of the more pure fun games I've played in a long time - reminds me of a more modern Addams Family in a lot of ways.

#1629 4 years ago

My wife took Grand Champion away from me last night, falling just 10K short of 1 million points

I have a question: Does anyone have the ability to explain (hopefully with pics or video) the various "skill shots?" I've only been able to correctly identify one of them, where you land in the saucer on ball launch.

Also, I'm kind of sour about the fact that I have to send back warranty replacement parts on my own dime too. Annoying. My SE arrived with some damage to the shooter rod bezel, some damage to one of the legs, and an impression on one of the pieces of the backbox artwork, in addition to the trough board failure. JJP sent out all of the parts last week, but now I have to box up the trough boards, extra leg, and shooter bezel and send them back on my own dime. Annoying.

On a lighter note, Chris from Kingpin has already hooked me up with a volume control / headphone jack. Sweet! And I've ordered a shaker motor from Pinball Life, as well as a leaf switch adjustment tool - my left slingshot is just a hair too touchy, firing on its own even sometimes. The switch needs to be adjusted.

My ramp diverter still plagues me. My wife's 990,000 game last night would have been WAY over 1 million had she been able to take advantage of the "Wonka Bar Craze" computer award early in the game - the ball didn't drop to the magnet, and she missed the spinner shot. Bummer.

I know I've said it, but it bears repeating: Oompa Loompa Odyssey is fricking incredible. The whole backglass display flips the image and you're looking outwards from the point of view of the Oompa Loompas, and the jackpots are huge. My wife snagged over a quarter million points on that mode alone.

My daughter shot some video of my wife's big game last night, I'll see if I can get a decent copy of it uploaded to YouTube.

EDIT: Got it:

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

On a lighter note, Chris from Kingpin has already hooked me up with a volume control / headphone jack.

Is this a Jersey Jack accessory that can be added to any of the more modern standard editions? How much did it run?

Up to this point my JJP machines have been LEs. However, this is the first machine where I may consider standard as long as I can add headphone support in a clean way.

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

soon. the truck with all 20 of them should be leaving JJP tomorrow, getting here friday. I hope to make a run to the cities early next week.

Great news! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

#1632 4 years ago

I put in the shaker motor from pinball life (installed correctly) and I'm not happy with the startup noise it is making. Testing the motor in menu works/sounds great, but when playing it does an odd whirring sound when it starts. I'll post a vid later.

Anyone else get this or just me?

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Is this a Jersey Jack accessory that can be added to any of the more modern standard editions? How much did it run?
Up to this point my JJP machines have been LEs. However, this is the first machine where I may consider standard as long as I can add headphone support in a clean way.

i believe it can be added from dialed in se and newer (potc se and wonka se)

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

It can be added directly from jjp. I asked about it last week and here is the email from JJP:
“Hello Dan,
Part number 99-030009-00 Headphone Jack Assy-Price-$43.99
Part number 19-003115-01-Headphone Jack Harness-Price- $39.99
Plus shipping and handling”

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

It can be added directly from jjp. I asked about it last week and here is the email from JJP:
“Hello Dan,
Part number 99-030009-00 Headphone Jack Assy-Price-$43.99
Part number 19-003115-01-Headphone Jack Harness-Price- $39.99
Plus shipping and handling”

Beware their shipping and handling fees. Apparently they ONLY use UPS. I got quoted $22 in shipping fees when I tried to buy a $20 ball cap from them.

#1636 4 years ago

Delete.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

I like the oompah's, and was hoping to find some 3D models of them to print. There are a few things on thingiverse, but no oompa's. I printed a couple of these wonka W's.[quoted image]

Ohhh I may make these on my cnc machine!!

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Beware their shipping and handling fees. Apparently they ONLY use UPS. I got quoted $22 in shipping fees when I tried to buy a $20 ball cap from them.

Yea that’s a bit insane!!

#1639 4 years ago

Best of luck to you guys. Please keep in mind history has shown your playfield clear coat issue will not be taken care of under warranty. If I were in your shoes, I'd look that thing over before you fully remove it out of the box and if you see clear coat pooling around the posts then contact your vendor immediately and tell them its unacceptable and ask for another one or a healthy partial refund.
Not doing anything only encourages the same behaviour to be repeated.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Best of luck to you guys. Please keep in mind history has shown your playfield clear coat issue will not be taken care of under warranty. If I were in your shoes, I'd look that thing over before you fully remove it out of the box and if you see clear coat pooling around the posts then contact your vendor immediately and tell them its unacceptable and ask for another one or a healthy partial refund.

I'm not a fan of clear coat issues either, but I am sitting here wondering how in the heck do you look over the playfield completely without removing the game from the box?

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm not well versed in this, and not sure why I should care. If the clear coat is creased around the posts on my game, why would I care? I don't believe the ball touches that area?

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

USPS Priority is available also

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I'm not a fan of clear coat issues either, but I am sitting here wondering how in the heck do you look over the playfield completely without removing the game from the box?

Cut the lid open, verify what side has the back box, cut the opposite side of the job length wise, lay the machine down, cut back box strap and lift it up. Inspect playfield. What I meant is this way you're not moving the machine to its new home and setting it up with legs on it and then find the pooling issue and then have to tear it back down and reboxing. If done as I propose it's simply a matter of securing the back box and lifting it up back into the box and taping.

#1644 4 years ago

I'm not well versed in this, and not sure why I should care. If the clear coat is creased around the posts on my game, why would I care? I don't believe the ball touches that area?

The ball touches the post or the rubber connected to the post. The post moves slightly on these impacts and can cause chipping of the clear in its vicinity if not properly applied/cured.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This is the one I choose.

#1646 4 years ago

so, i finally got the new coil from JJP for the left lane magnet. it works great!

while i was bummed to have a technical issue on my first JJP, as many others appear to have been with other issues, i still can say this game is the best JJP yet. i cant stop playing it. even while my magnet was busted, i played until i couldn't see straight. its that addictive. this game makes me smile, and that's what pinball is for. if a game does not make you smile, sell it.

i love that there's a BUNCH of paths the player can take to accomplish myriad goals in the game. i still can't believe the lightshow is so awesome, and beautifully colorful. the game is truly a masterpiece, like TZ or TAF. It is absolutely the best shooting game i've ever played. i actually am enjoying the music and sounds more with each game. i feel like they really crammed so many sounds into this game; I appreciate the effort. I don't miss the movie audio, but it would make the game better.

I highly recommend this game. get the games fixed and then enjoy. our patience needs to be extended sometimes, and even tested, but that shouldn't wreck a game's merits. lets appreciate it for what it is, pure FUN!!

#1647 4 years ago

My wife took Grand Champion away from me last night, falling just 10K short of 1 million points
I have a question: Does anyone have the ability to explain (hopefully with pics or video) the various "skill shots?" I've only been able to correctly identify one of them, where you land in the saucer on ball launch.

See if this helps from the rule sheet. There is the one you mention hitting the tv saucer, then another if you miss that and it goes by the top right flipper and you hit the center ramp. It also lists a third one, but I haven't tried that yet.

skill_shots (resized).pngskill_shots (resized).png
#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I was not given that option by sales:

"I had your address in our UPS history, shipping a 0.2-1 pound package would be $19.05 plus a 3$ handling fee."

If I go through the website, I have these options:

UPS® Ground: $23.07
USPS Priority International: $39.00

Keep in mind, I am within the continental United States.

I love the game and would like to get some JJP merch (if most of it ever gets restocked), but those prices are ridiculous for something like a ball cap.

#1649 4 years ago

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

so, i finally got the new coil from JJP for the left lane magnet. it works great!
while i was bummed to have a technical issue on my first JJP, as many others appear to have been with other issues, i still can say this game is the best JJP yet. i cant stop playing it. even while my magnet was busted, i played until i couldn't see straight. its that addictive. this game makes me smile, and that's what pinball is for. if a game does not make you smile, sell it.
i love that there's a BUNCH of paths the player can take to accomplish myriad goals in the game. i still can't believe the lightshow is so awesome, and beautifully colorful. the game is truly a masterpiece, like TZ or TAF. It is absolutely the best shooting game i've ever played. i actually am enjoying the music and sounds more with each game. i feel like they really crammed so many sounds into this game; I appreciate the effort. I don't miss the movie audio, but it would make the game better.
I highly recommend this game. get the games fixed and then enjoy. our patience needs to be extended sometimes, and even tested, but that shouldn't wreck a game's merits. lets appreciate it for what it is, pure FUN!!

While the game has a different flow to it, I am often reminded of TZ in the way that you can stack up a bunch of modes at one time and just rack up points. Some issues here and there aside, I have had an amazing time with this game, and so has my wife. I think some of the "patience testing" comes from knowing this is an almost perfect-feeling game, and anything tarnishing that is magnified as a result.

I remember going out to a location and playing a few recently released titles by another company and having a pretty good time with them. This was a day or two before Wonka arrived (which I was buying having not flipped it, crazy I know) and I was craving some new pinball. When I got my WW finally unboxed and set up, flipping it felt like playing in an entirely different league. The smoothness of shots, the quality of lights, sounds, and animations, and the just overall build quality of the game made the others feel (to me) like jalopies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/33?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.