IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 280.
#1551 4 years ago

For the diverter, can they add a setting for diverter release time to keep the diverter down for a longer period and make it adjustable? That would solve the issue as when I look at it, it hits the diverter and bounced back, then the diverter goes back up and the ball comes down the wireform. If we could have the option to lengthen the diverter time by say 1/4 second increments, it would completely solve this issue.... anyone from JJP coding on here?

#1552 4 years ago

Final tie breaker at Pinburgh.. Wonka

wonka papa pinball (resized).pngwonka papa pinball (resized).png
#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Where do you suggest getting neoprene washers? I don’t notice any rippling on mine but would like to avoid the issue if possible.

You can buy them from Lowe’s (see the POTC thread for links) or you can contact JJP and they will send you the same kit they sent to POTC owners who had the same issue.

#1554 4 years ago

My SE is still kicking ass after five weeks, no issues. Got two tickets to paradise again tonight. Don't hit a dark ramp in Wonka's Office, it kills the flippers.

67587902_2707819415915192_660426684335390720_n (resized).jpg67587902_2707819415915192_660426684335390720_n (resized).jpg
#1555 4 years ago

Y’all got some catching up to do. Only night 1, scores are looking good

Finishing installing all mods and pinstadiums. Got the game entirely working minus diverter.

Pics are scores, and pinstadiums on and off in my game room with no lights on.

77A5335D-2B15-4CB7-A324-EFB6BC3CEB16 (resized).jpeg77A5335D-2B15-4CB7-A324-EFB6BC3CEB16 (resized).jpeg7ABCBDB4-00FD-4EE8-9DEB-378B20A4315A (resized).jpeg7ABCBDB4-00FD-4EE8-9DEB-378B20A4315A (resized).jpeg60391C10-E219-4E89-AD27-1D03D203394D (resized).jpeg60391C10-E219-4E89-AD27-1D03D203394D (resized).jpeg
#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Finishing installing all mods and pinstadiums. Got the game entirely working minus diverter.
Pics are scores, and pinstadiums on and off in my game room with no lights on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do not stress about the diverter - we’re all in the same boat on that for now.

Your scores are outstanding! I find this game to be extremely difficult and aggressive towards the player.

#1557 4 years ago

Regarding the diverter issue. Could we use the trick from twilight zone? A mild magnet taped to the inside of the diverter flap that comes down?

#1558 4 years ago

Damn, I wish PinStadiums were priced more fairly they are about 60+- dollars worth of parts in quantity.

#1559 4 years ago

Blew. IT. UP!!! Got 2 golden tickets and got to the office mini wizard mode, which is a freaking cool mode. Then I lost and got the coolest video/callout in the game! You lose, you get nothing, GOOD DAY SIR!!

Love this game!

B0641EBF-4521-44DC-A881-A642A0C32E9B (resized).jpegB0641EBF-4521-44DC-A881-A642A0C32E9B (resized).jpeg
#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do not stress about the diverter - we’re all in the same boat on that for now.
Your scores are outstanding! I find this game to be extremely difficult and aggressive towards the player.

It as odd my LE isnt having that issue. I got mine around 7.0

#1561 4 years ago

Pics are scores, and pinstadiums on and off in my game room with no lights on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I sometimes feel pinstadium takes away from flashers and over all light show.
What are your thought with them on Wonka?
Thanks for any input

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks for any input

For me they balence the game and lighting and take the insane light flickering easier to track the ball

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks for any input

Hmm, I don’t have the opinion so hard for me to comment. They are integrated with the game so not sure how that could be. Either way, I love it with them on. For instance the office mode effect they were going for is much more dramatic since even more with it.

#1564 4 years ago

I'm assuming it the regual $279 pinstadium correct?
Hope so as I just ordered it.
Lol

Had them on Musters and looked great trouble was Musters was boring as all hell.
(:
That's why I sold it

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm assuming it the regual $279 pinstadium correct?
Hope so as I just ordered it.
Lol
Had them on Musters and looked great trouble was Musters was boring as all hell.
(:
That's why I sold it

Yup regular one. I recommend, dark blue and pure white 75% on the white and 100 on the dark blue if you Play in the dark. Also I don’t use the flasher option. Keeps the game more original to the feel as you were saying.

#1566 4 years ago

Hey Wonka owners!Is updating to 1.09 safe and better?

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey Wonka owners!Is updating to 1.09 safe and better?

Yes

#1568 4 years ago

I had a problem with the gobstopper subway constantly firing the sideways kicker coil underneath. Turns out one of the opto's had popped off (they just clip into holes in the metal) and so game thought a ball was there all the time. Easy fix, if it happens again I might try securing it better with hot glue.

#1569 4 years ago

Just a tip for all your pinball bro’s. If you wanna hit the spinner/special lock shot every time. Flip at almost the very top of the flipper right after the magnet releases. Been working on dialing it in and now I am at 80-90 percent success.

#1570 4 years ago

Does anyone know why JJP decided to keep the big light under the Gobstopper blank instead of the "BIG POINTS" they had in the earlier streams? Odd choice...

#1571 4 years ago

Damn you pinball gods.... this photo was at the end of ball 1.... I ended at 2.4

A0BA42CD-5F4E-49A5-97DF-EE4144C4B29E (resized).jpegA0BA42CD-5F4E-49A5-97DF-EE4144C4B29E (resized).jpeg
#1572 4 years ago

Just a tip for all your pinball bro’s. If you wanna hit the spinner/special lock shot every time. Flip at almost the very top of the flipper right after the magnet releases. Been working on dialing it in and now I am at 80-90 percent success.

I aim for the arrow on the playfield.

#1573 4 years ago

Come on JJP... PLEASE start talking about the CE's... Something... Anything...??? Watching everyone have fun with their SE/LE's is painful and really sucks...

Jeff

#1574 4 years ago

Does anyone have any info to share on future code updates ??

What and when?

#1575 4 years ago

Regarding the diverter issue. Could we use the trick from twilight zone? A mild magnet taped to the inside of the diverter flap that comes down?

I already mentioned this a bunch of postings ago in this thread- I own a TZ and use the magnet method. haven’t heard of anyone trying this

#1576 4 years ago

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.20190804_170009 (resized).jpg20190804_170009 (resized).jpg
20190708_211646 (resized).jpg20190708_211646 (resized).jpg

20190804_165934 (resized).jpg20190804_165934 (resized).jpg
#1577 4 years ago

Mirror blades FTW, really like those on Wonka.

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.

Looks good. Where did you buy the oompah lompas?

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been really considering moving that right post down as well. Did you have to remove those plastics to get to it? I JUST got done taking the slings apart to install washers. Guess I'll be opening the patient up again this week...

#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who did you order mirror blades from?
Are they thin enough so you can raise and lower playfield without scratching or getting hung up?
Thanks in advance for any info.
I like all the oomph loomps just wish they were each slightly different instead of triplets.
Looks great though.

#1581 4 years ago

Blew. IT. UP!!! Got 2 golden tickets and got to the office mini wizard mode, which is a freaking cool mode. Then I lost and got the coolest video/callout in the game! You lose, you get nothing, GOOD DAY SIR!!
Love this game![quoted image]

Damn man nicely done! I blew it up last night and GCed at 2.8 but damn I couldn’t get that second ticket.

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

This keeps happening.. forces me to remove the PF every time since ball search won't find it. Anyone else? Is this the diverter issue everyone is speaking of?
[quoted image]

Does it wedge every time? Looks like it's either bent or assembled wrong. If you take the plastic cover off, it should become more obvious. The diverter flap is supposed to be screwed in the farther away pair of holes; there should be the other pair of holes still visible closer to the hinge side of the relay coil. Is it screwed into the wrong (closer) holes? Is the armature plate popped off of the hinge? Is the spring missing? Is something obviously bent?

#1583 4 years ago

New owner I’m Digging it my wife is actually coming out to the garage and playing also

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I've been really considering moving that right post down as well. Did you have to remove those plastics to get to it? I JUST got done taking the slings apart to install washers. Guess I'll be opening the patient up again this week...

Quoted from Pinchild:

Who did you order mirror blades from?
Are they thin enough so you can raise and lower playfield without scratching or getting hung up?
Thanks in advance for any info.
I like all the oomph loomps just wish they were each slightly different instead of triplets.
Looks great though.

It's easy you dont have to take anything apart just unscrew and slide it down also added the other post it actual plays totally different in a good way. I was trying to be a pinball hero, but who am I kidding Ha.
I got the oompah loompas from hallmark store right by my house they just came out unfortunately no different poses but they are still cool.
Mirror blades I got them from cointaker (bally Williams remake mirror blades) you have to cut down a little bit of the back ends to get them to align to the hole. Mirror blades fit snug with the playfield but nothing to be concern in my opinion but they are totally worth it makes the pin look amazing in person with the through and back board light mod makes it brighter.. I'll post pics with the light off later on

#1585 4 years ago

I posted this earlier, but here's pics of the blades installed on my game. Got from cointaker, also had to Dremel 1/4" of the back part off. Lifting the pf isn't an issue on my game.

MVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200143 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200143 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200148 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200148 (resized).jpg
#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I posted this earlier, but here's pics of the blades installed on my game. Got from cointaker, also had to Dremel 1/4" of the back part off. Lifting the pf isn't an issue on my game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn man nicely done! I blew it up last night and GCed at 2.8 but damn I couldn’t get that second ticket.

I’ve cracked 4 million, I’ve been averaging between 1.5 and 2.5 and I have only got 2 tickets 1 time. That shit is harder than getting a good score lol. I feel like there should be 2 tickets for the modes. One for getting through half and the other for all of em.

#1588 4 years ago

My diverter is starting to get flaky. I'm seeing about 20% of the time the ball never drops, another time or two it will drop, but not cleanly. Rest of the time it works OK.

I think I'm going to break down and install the extra post on the left outlane. I'm just not that good yet

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Does it wedge every time? Looks like it's either bent or assembled wrong. If you take the plastic cover off, it should become more obvious. The diverter flap is supposed to be screwed in the farther away pair of holes; there should be the other pair of holes still visible closer to the hinge side of the relay coil. Is it screwed into the wrong (closer) holes? Is the armature plate popped off of the hinge? Is the spring missing? Is something obviously bent?

Turns out it was user error - i had to remove the wire form for another issue. When i reinstalled it, i jammed it just a bit too far in and it was blocking the space the ball goes through.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Anything would be an improvement over the butter box! I agree that the Factory is well done, though I would like to see one in person because it looks like it crowds the Gobstopper a bit.
Mezel has an alternate version in progress per this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-5128076

The Mezel mod makes more sense to me. I don't get a tiny factory sitting next to a giant Gobstopper.

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

My diverter is starting to get flaky. I'm seeing about 20% of the time the ball never drops, another time or two it will drop, but not cleanly. Rest of the time it works OK.
I think I'm going to break down and install the extra post on the left outlane. I'm just not that good yet

in the times that is it not grabbing and diverting the ball, would you say the ball is traveling at normal speed down the ramp or faster than normal?

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

in the times that is it not grabbing and diverting the ball, would you say the ball is traveling at normal speed down the ramp or faster than normal?

I've observed the issue under both circumstances.

I had another air ball yesterday too, Bounced right off the Oompa Loompa's head. Didn't break it, thankfully.

#1593 4 years ago

Mine is starting to get a bit flaky as well. I have seen it happen at slow, normal and fast speeds. Sometimes it bounces off the diverter or sometimes it just goes right underneath the diverter.

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The Mezel mod makes more sense to me. I don't get a tiny factory sitting next to a giant Gobstopper.

I agree the Mezel factory and tubes look good,the factory is sized better an I like to tubes

#1595 4 years ago

Dang, when I first saw you made a post, and before I read it, I got really excited that you were going to say our LE's were in...

#1596 4 years ago

My wonka LE totally modded out

3E3E97B1-73E1-4998-B5A0-FBFE8E6B9FFE (resized).jpeg3E3E97B1-73E1-4998-B5A0-FBFE8E6B9FFE (resized).jpeg5C09CA5B-0992-4C98-8955-5E162886A312 (resized).jpeg5C09CA5B-0992-4C98-8955-5E162886A312 (resized).jpeg68282115-D820-4BD5-BF73-32FADACB7390 (resized).jpeg68282115-D820-4BD5-BF73-32FADACB7390 (resized).jpeg867ACC5E-972B-4688-88E8-3D1513B43ECA (resized).jpeg867ACC5E-972B-4688-88E8-3D1513B43ECA (resized).jpeg8F9BD270-4DD7-4F1F-8697-924E6D2682A0 (resized).jpeg8F9BD270-4DD7-4F1F-8697-924E6D2682A0 (resized).jpeg
#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

It's easy you dont have to take anything apart just unscrew and slide it down also added the other post it actual plays totally different in a good way. I was trying to be a pinball hero, but who am I kidding Ha.
I got the oompah loompas from hallmark store right by my house they just came out unfortunately no different poses but they are still cool.
Mirror blades I got them from cointaker (bally Williams remake mirror blades) you have to cut down a little bit of the back ends to get them to align to the hole. Mirror blades fit snug with the playfield but nothing to be concern in my opinion but they are totally worth it makes the pin look amazing in person with the through and back board light mod makes it brighter.. I'll post pics with the light off later on

I like the oompah's, and was hoping to find some 3D models of them to print. There are a few things on thingiverse, but no oompa's. I printed a couple of these wonka W's.

Wonka_W (resized).pngWonka_W (resized).png
#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Slugworth multiball is part of the Factory Tour group of inserts - it is in the top group of 4 and is qualified by hitting the captive ball. The group consists of 2x wonka bars, collect bonus, super spinner and slugworth mb. Hitting the captive ball will cycle through the 4 changing which one is lit next.

Saw a couple of posts about rules (I don't know most of them either), but there is a rules .pdf on the JJP site if anyone hasn't seen it yet. http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_April19.pdf

#1599 4 years ago

Looking for some insight.

The upper left flipper is getting stuck fairly regularly... Except it only happens when the ball gets diverted or recently after. It never happens prior to the diverter/magnet. I've tried a few different flipper strength settings and it hasn't helped. I'm going to try disabling the nearby magnet. Anyone have any thoughts?

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Looking for some insight.
The upper left flipper is getting stuck fairly regularly... Except it only happens when the ball gets diverted or recently after. It never happens prior to the diverter/magnet. I've tried a few different flipper strength settings and it hasn't helped. I'm going to try disabling the nearby magnet. Anyone have any thoughts?

Check that all the mounting hardware underneath is tight. Likely the coil plunger is rubbing on the sleeve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/32?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.