IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 278.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Following ... mine does bounce backs and diverter misses also. Maybe just lobby Joe and the software guys that when it's not in a multiball mode, just keep the diverter in place until another switch is triggered. Not sure why the switch would need to switch back so quickly to not still divert a bounce back from the diverter. Just an idea.

I had the same idea - longer coil hold - but the issue (I believe) is that the coils can't stay energized for too long without heating up, which causes problems of its own.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had the same idea - longer coil hold - but the issue (I believe) is that the coils can't stay energized for too long without heating up, which causes problems of its own.

Tons of games games have holding coils. Think about your flipper, you hold a flipper up longer than any holding coil will be on

#1453 4 years ago

Agree 100% there are diverter issues. I haven't been able to nail down exactly when it doesn't work, but the ball does fly-by or bounce out pretty often.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really don't think so. I played back the original Buffalo stream with Pat Lawlor playing, then one of my recent ones. I really think you guys are just realizing that playing it, the sounds work fine. Can't judge a pin by a stream

You know it sucks that Pat created this wonderful game,and they cause all this doubt and angst
over the fucking audio.Jack please rectify this area so as everyone will need a Wonka!

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Agree 100% there are diverter issues. I haven't been able to nail down exactly when it doesn't work, but the ball does fly-by or bounce out pretty often.

Can you show me where on the table this issue is? I can't seem to envision it.

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Can you show me where on the table this issue is? I can't seem to envision it.

The Wonka "butter box" above the upper left flipper.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The Wonka "butter box" above the upper left flipper.

What's it doing? Or not doing? Is that the mech that causes the ball to drop down from the left wireform to the magnet above the upper left flipper from time to time? Mine does that, but it's only occasionally. Is that normal? What's it supposed to do?

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What's it doing? Or not doing? Is that the mech that causes the ball to drop down from the left wireform to the magnet above the upper left flipper from time to time? Mine does that, but it's only occasionally. Is that normal? What's it supposed to do?

Yes that's the mech. Sometimes the diverter engages but the ball does not drop as intended, either due to bouncing back up the ramp or by blowing past it too quickly. It's frustrating when it happens because if the game is attempting to divert to the upper left flipper, it's because there is a good gameplay reason for it.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Tons of games games have holding coils. Think about your flipper, you hold a flipper up longer than any holding coil will be on

Isn't the whole point of an eos switch to switch from high to low voltage when holding the flipper?

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Isn't the whole point of an eos switch to switch from high to low voltage when holding the flipper?

I dont know many modern games using EOS switches

#1461 4 years ago

Pirates has them. I'd be surprised if Wonka doesn't.

I know this because I got an EOS switch error on a Pirates when a wire broke off the solder joint.

#1462 4 years ago

Sure they do, otherwise the coils would overheat and get weak or die.

#1463 4 years ago

Most do. Only it's electronic now so they are normally open and close when the flipper goes up. And the game can compensate if they don't work.

Not like the older games where high power goes through them and cuts when they open.

LTG : )

#1464 4 years ago

I'm looking to get a Willy Wonka. If anyone can contact me with advice for where to get it from, that would be great. Looking to get it delivered and for a good price.

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I'm looking to get a Willy Wonka. If anyone can contact me with advice for where to get it from, that would be great. Looking to get it delivered and for a good price.

talk with your local distributor (that would be Gary at Abel Electronics). If you don't want to work with him, then let me know. JJP games are all priced the same, so it comes down to which distributor will be there for you after the sale if you have any issues.

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

There isn't any discounting on nib jjp games, maybe you can save on shipping with some distros. I use joe at pinball star, but I am close to the factory so can pick up directly.

#1467 4 years ago

Anyone know where to get side blades for Wonka?

#1468 4 years ago

Getting closer to getting a Wonka SE.How are owners felling about your purchase at this time?has the latest code update made game even better?

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Getting closer to getting a Wonka SE.How are owners felling about your purchase at this time?has the latest code update made game even better?

I got mine first week it was release and enjoying it very much, looks sweet in person code is great the hole family said it's there favorite pin from the collection wonka is very approachable and fun for the hole family

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I got mine first week it was release and enjoying it very much, looks sweet in person code is great the hole family said it's there favorite pin from the collection wonka is very approachable and fun for the hole family

I usually don’t buy a game necessarily for family,but I got to say can’t wait for kids to play it!

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/willy-wonka

These are the only ones I have seen so far. I am interested to see what the official JJP ones are, as well as what other companies may come up with. Overall, not very many of the mods I have seen early on for this game seem like must haves at this point. I hope we will see more options as time passes.

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

These are the only ones I have seen so far. I am interested to see what the official JJP ones are, as well as what other companies may come up with. Overall, not very many of the mods I have seen early on for this game seem like must haves at this point. I hope we will see more options as time passes.

Thanks for sharing. Yea these feel a bit uninspired, the JJP ones will probably be the best bet. Their blades for WOZ were awesome.

#1473 4 years ago

I've hit super lock just a few times, and it feeds up into the Wonkavader, then immediately is released. Another ball is also shot from the shooter while this happens.

Anyone else run into this?

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

LE #76 here, and I've been playing the heck out of it since it arrived late last week. No issues whatsoever, lots of fun for the whole family. If you're new to pinball or not very good, you can have fun just trying to hit the center ramp and the gobstopper for multiball. The better you are, the more the pin, and its many, many shots, opens up. Lots to see and do. Flows great like a Lawlor should. Personally love the audio and video, but that may be because I'm a big fan of the movie.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed these from tilt graphics ill upload bettet pictures soon

20190801_161341 (resized).jpg20190801_161341 (resized).jpg20190801_161350 (resized).jpg20190801_161350 (resized).jpg
#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Most do. Only it's electronic now so they are normally open and close when the flipper goes up. And the game can compensate if they don't work.
Not like the older games where high power goes through them and cuts when they open.
LTG : )

Yes but same principle can be applied to this coil tons of games use coils for diverters etc.

#1477 4 years ago

I believe mirror blades would be the way to go on this pinball machine.

#1478 4 years ago

Just installed these from tilt graphics ill upload bettet pictures soon[quoted image][quoted image]

ooh that looks amazing! Can you take another photo from the top-down so we can see the entire playfield with the blades?

#1479 4 years ago

Just installed these from tilt graphics ill upload bettet pictures soon[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks better than I thought they would!

#1480 4 years ago

Just painted my hat mod red. Hat mod from Mod Couple.

20190801_191222 (resized).jpg20190801_191222 (resized).jpg
#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Just painted my hat mod red. Hat mod from Mod Couple.[quoted image]

Looks good in red!

#1482 4 years ago

Here ya go

20190801_200036 (resized).jpg20190801_200036 (resized).jpg
#1483 4 years ago

Here ya go[quoted image]

Thanks, congrats on the great looking LE. I am thinking of picking one up down the line.

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I've hit super lock just a few times, and it feeds up into the Wonkavader, then immediately is released. Another ball is also shot from the shooter while this happens.

I would start by going into trough test and see if it properly sees all the balls when it's loaded, and properly sees them all missing when it's empty. Maybe bang on it a bit in each state to see if it's intermittent.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Overall, not very many of the mods I have seen early on for this game seem like must haves at this point. I hope we will see more options as time passes.

I bought 4 or 5 mods from the ModCouple. I think the factory is my favorite and looks 100x better than the stock one on the pin.

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Pirates has them. I'd be surprised if Wonka doesn't.
I know this because I got an EOS switch error on a Pirates when a wire broke off the solder joint.

Black Pearl left flipper?

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Black Pearl left flipper?

Nope, main left flipper. It was easy to find and fix.

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I bought 4 or 5 mods from the ModCouple. I think the factory is my favorite and looks 100x better than the stock one on the pin.

Anything would be an improvement over the butter box! I agree that the Factory is well done, though I would like to see one in person because it looks like it crowds the Gobstopper a bit.

Mezel has an alternate version in progress per this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods#post-5128076

#1489 4 years ago

Getting my Wonka LE tomorrow and TBL in the coming weeks and JP pro soon thereafter. Best month in pinball!

How many people have LE’s with working vs non working wonkavators?

#1490 4 years ago

Now that I'm aware of a potential issue, I've been hyper vigilant about watching for the diverter to malfunction. Last night, I enabled a mode that told me to "shoot the spinner for" for wonka bars. I hit the left ramp, the ball rolled by the mech, the mech activated, but the ball missed and came the rest of the way down the ramp. Bummer. No spinner award. Drained shortly after.

This is annoying. What is everyone doing to make this work better?

#1491 4 years ago

How many balls does wonka use?

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How many balls does wonka use?

six

#1493 4 years ago

Saw this in a antique/auction weekly newspaper I get.
Pretty cool !

0B15419F-3F11-4C20-9088-4722C2B183AB (resized).jpeg0B15419F-3F11-4C20-9088-4722C2B183AB (resized).jpeg8A683045-32F8-4BB6-921C-490E7F72BF05 (resized).jpeg8A683045-32F8-4BB6-921C-490E7F72BF05 (resized).jpeg
#1494 4 years ago

My daughter had a Wonka themed birthday a few years ago, I spent WEEKS researching the size, dimensions, labels, and design of the Wonka bars. I made a whole case of them (had a custom chocolatier from New Hampshire pour them for me in regular milk and dark chocolate) and gave them away as party favors. Of course hers had a "golden ticket" inside.

She had a BLAST at the party. All kinds of fun colorful candy items.

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg

wonka2 (resized).jpgwonka2 (resized).jpg

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Totally my bad on this. Pulled out the playfield and immediately noticed an opto had popped out of the pre-drilled spot. 10 second fix, and working perfectly. Should have checked before posting.

#1496 4 years ago

I really wish when you shoot the computer shot it played the clip from the movie. Really feel this game is lacking all the classic things from the movie. The wonkatania mode or what ever is one of the best modes ive ever player the light show and shaker. Really hope more video content is added its extremely limited and none of the humor of the movie is present

#1497 4 years ago

Shooting this game is like a dream. But holy F am I struggling with the rules.

#1498 4 years ago

Just joined the Wonka club!
Question does anyone know how to adjust main screen contrast?
Thanks

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just joined the Wonka club!
Question does anyone know how to adjust main screen contrast?
Thanks

Pull the monitor straight out (it's held in with strong magnets) and mess with the buttons on the back.

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Shooting this game is like a dream. But holy F am I struggling with the rules.

Yeah no joke i still have no idea what lights slugworth multiball or what lights the super lock

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/30?hl=rhinopins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.