IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 280.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a golden ticket finish for a customer. I may redo my LE as i like it more[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely.

(need pictures assembled)

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I kind of wish the color on the CE is blue or purple instead. I have a WOZ Ruby Red, so now I have 2 red pinballs. lol

I'm in the same boat (Wonkatania??). Violet would have been a good color choice.

#1403 4 years ago

Trough boards arrived yesterday, as well as some other warrantied parts. Back in business. The magnets did some serious wacky shit to my ball during Oompa Loompa Odyssey. Dang!!

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Trough boards arrived yesterday, as well as some other warrantied parts. Back in business. The magnets did some serious wacky shit to my ball during Oompa Loompa Odyssey. Dang!!

Those magnets do nothing forever then suddenly WHAM.

I had a ball heading south shoot abruptly upward last night!

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those magnets do nothing forever then suddenly WHAM.
I had a ball heading south shoot abruptly upward last night!

Yes! That was one of the things that happened. Another time, it pulled the ball out of the outlane and SHOT it towards the gobstopper toy. Crazy stuff.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes! That was one of the things that happened. Another time, it pulled the ball out of the outlane and SHOT it towards the gobstopper toy. Crazy stuff.

DI does crazy magnetic stuff I’ve seen it pull from above flippers and throw ball up thru theater

#1407 4 years ago

Game play question to help a customer. You light the golden ticket. What do you have to hit to get it ?

Thank you.
LTG : )

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game play question to help a customer. You light the golden ticket. What do you have to hit to get it ?
Thank you.

best overviews I have seen:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/
https://arcadeheroes.com/2019/04/13/newsbytes-round1usa-news-willy-wonka-rules-game-history-virtuix-vr-success-more/

A Golden Ticket is hidden inside the gumball machine.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting 5 Gobstopper Jackpots (Super Jackpots) during Gobstopper Multiball.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting all possible jackpots in Kid Multiball (all 5 kid jackpots, double jackpot and a super jackpot).
A Golden Ticket is earned by playing the entire Factory Tour.
A Golden Ticket is earned by completing Wonkavator Multiball.

#1409 4 years ago

To my understanding you don’t light it, then get it. You just get it from completing one of the 5 tasks.
Completing all the factory modes, certain number of gobstopper jackpots, kid multiball jackpots, etc.

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

best overviews I have seen:

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

To my understanding you don’t light it,

Thank you both for your help !

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

DI does crazy magnetic stuff I’ve seen it pull from above flippers and throw ball up thru theater

just 1 time and only 1 : the DRONE magnet did grab a ball back, than perfectly launched on the right lane, enough speed to make the turn & climb the right ramp

CRAZY !

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

The CE's of other machines seem to be hard to locate even though new in box pro's and LE are still available. I wouldn't have much trouble believing they are almost sold out. Except for a few QC issues, JJP has a good record for innovative machines, so buying sight unseen is also believable. I see pictures of folks with everyone one of the JJP's pinballs proudly lined up in their basement.
Cheers,
Mike

There are only 3 games that were released with a CE trim level.
DI CE - Still available NIB
POTC CE - sold out due to extremely limited release of all trim levels
WWTCF CE - Still available

#1413 4 years ago

On my stream today I had a couple cool magnet effects that moved the ball 45 degrees or more, pretty neat for mini magnets.

#1414 4 years ago

Just got LE #157 today. Was there a certificate enclosed with these? If so we didn’t get one...

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just got LE #157 today. Was there a certificate enclosed with these? If so we didn’t get one...

How long ago did you order?

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

How long ago did you order?

Around when it was announced and we got it today. It’s born on date was 2 days ago

#1417 4 years ago

Around when it was announced and we got it today. It’s born on date was 2 days ago

It's a fun machine, congratulations on your new baby.

#1418 4 years ago

Just paid in full on my Le
Should be a blast!

#1419 4 years ago

Here is the LE we got today!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1420 4 years ago

so did JJP confirm during this recent code updates that music and effects were improved b/c I just played the latest version of wonka and it seems better but I didn't see it in the code updates

Also - the LEs are very nice looking. Still think SE is the way to go but they did a nice job with the powder and overall package.

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so did JJP confirm during this recent code updates that music and effects were improved b/c I just played the latest version of wonka and it seems better but I didn't see it in the code updates
Also - the LEs are very nice looking. Still think SE is the way to go but they did a nice job with the powder and overall package.

You keep this up and you will talk yourself into buying a Wonka

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You keep this up and you will talk yourself into buying a Wonka

I've been trying to since release b/c I love the theme so damn much

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man, I say do it. Get an SE. Beat on it a while. If it's not moving you sell it for minimal loss.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Man, I say do it. Get an SE. Beat on it a while. If it's not moving you sell it for minimal loss.

C’mon Delt. Do it man! Why not? Life’s too short. You’ve got room.

#1425 4 years ago

so I’ll ask again...lol. Did any LE owners get a certificate??

#1426 4 years ago

That was fun!

0A061CA4-4F6E-4480-BE5E-930B38933B2D (resized).jpeg0A061CA4-4F6E-4480-BE5E-930B38933B2D (resized).jpeg
#1427 4 years ago

No certificate. Just a numbered metal plate

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Delt we have similar taste in games. I've had my LE for a few days and yes there are certain things lacking in regards to theme integration / code, but what IS there is amazing.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Delt we have similar taste in games. I've had my LE for a few days and yes there are certain things lacking in regards to theme integration / code, but what IS there is amazing.

Yes - I agree. Good to hear. I'm thinking about it still now that I was able to actually enjoy a game recently as they toned down the effects....we'll see. It always shot so well.....

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - I agree. Good to hear. I'm thinking about it still now that I was able to actually enjoy a game recently as they toned down the effects....we'll see. It always shot so well.....

FWIW I don't hear anything different in the effects from the reveal streams to current production. Not saying there's not anything, I could be overlooking it, but it seems the same to me.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

FWIW I don't hear anything different in the effects from the reveal streams to current production. Not saying there's not anything, I could be overlooking it, but it seems the same to me.

yeah a few others mentioned some audio updates so I tried today and it did feel better. Not sure exactly but I'll need to play a few more times to confirm but it was the first time I didn't want to pull my hair out.

#1432 4 years ago

Unboxed LE #57 today, born date 07-26-2019, no certificate just the plate you attach with the black screws at the top of the backbox.

#1433 4 years ago

LE #102 today!

3F776983-ECE4-4E67-BFC8-9DBF8EAB40B4 (resized).jpeg3F776983-ECE4-4E67-BFC8-9DBF8EAB40B4 (resized).jpegBC2BFC48-FBA6-4446-9A0F-4BB288F544EF (resized).jpegBC2BFC48-FBA6-4446-9A0F-4BB288F544EF (resized).jpeg66C4D3D5-1014-4D8F-B0C1-6F0CC5EC6EDF (resized).jpeg66C4D3D5-1014-4D8F-B0C1-6F0CC5EC6EDF (resized).jpeg9E893566-83D7-4CD7-8F6A-93A833984369 (resized).jpeg9E893566-83D7-4CD7-8F6A-93A833984369 (resized).jpeg
#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmm. Did your hearing change too, just like mine?

I was pretty sure it's mellowed out a good bit. The audio annoyances feel in the background MUCH more than months ago, even a bit since last month.

Game is really nice to shoot, and has made solid improvements! I just don't feel connected to the game when completing modes or making shots. It just feels like random target shooting, the modes never stick with my after play.

#1435 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been addressed. I helped a customer set up an LE (#54) last Friday. I sent this to JJP but have not received a response yet so will also try to call them.

After every multiball (I believe the one where the ball goes into the subway), when the last ball is lost, the game stops. Then it does a ball search. Then I hear a click and see a ball go to the VUK that goes to the plunger lane and the ball is kicked out and the game resumes.

Is this an error in 1.09-LE? The game has all 6 balls loaded. I did test all the coils, lights, and switches while setting this up for the customer.

Thanks
Michael

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Sorry if this has been addressed. I helped a customer set up an LE (#54) last Friday. I sent this to JJP but have not received a response yet so will also try to call them.
After every multiball (I believe the one where the ball goes into the subway), when the last ball is lost, the game stops. Then it does a ball search. Then I hear a click and see a ball go to the VUK that goes to the plunger lane and the ball is kicked out and the game resumes.
Is this an error in 1.09-LE? The game has all 6 balls loaded. I did test all the coils, lights, and switches while setting this up for the customer.
Thanks
Michael

Try upping the coil strength on the gob stopper, I think I set mine to 20 from 18.

#1437 4 years ago

LE 109 arrived today! Perfect out of the box!

Would say more and take picts, but too busy playing and celebrating with a glass of Titos!

#1438 4 years ago

I don’t have issues with the audio. It sounds great to me but most of my time is on 1.09. It seems to me that JJP’s audio hardware can play many more concurrent sounds compared to Stern’s (no evidence, just observation). This can sound like a lot of things happening at once as sounds are mixed into the foreground and back. It may not work for some people. It works for me and adds to the mania of the theme.

Worst part about the audio is the voice actor they picked for the pinball specific call outs (said many times around pinside). He really brings the excitement level down when he says “Jackpot” with what sounds like his last dying breath. Maybe JJP will redo them like Stern did with Star Trek.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks
Michael

As stated before go to settings coils crank it up as needed 20 should do the job each machine is slightly different regarding coil strength

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm. Did your hearing change too, just like mine?
I was pretty sure it's mellowed out a good bit. The audio annoyances feel in the background MUCH more than months ago, even a bit since last month.

I really don't think so. I played back the original Buffalo stream with Pat Lawlor playing, then one of my recent ones. I really think you guys are just realizing that playing it, the sounds work fine. Can't judge a pin by a stream

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really don't think so. I played back the original Buffalo stream with Pat Lawlor playing, then one of my recent ones. I really think you guys are just realizing that playing it, the sounds work fine. Can't judge a pin by a stream

zaphx - with all due respect, and I've said this a number of times, I've played the game many times now. This has nothing to do with streams. The sound and effects are still terrible but today it seemed to be a little less terrible than before. I'll need to play more to see if this was just a lucky day where my hearing wasn't as good but it has nothing to do with watching people's streams and coming to that conclusion.

Look I know you're a big JJP guy - just listen to when people explain things b/c I've mentioned this a number of times.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Try upping the coil strength on the gob stopper, I think I set mine to 20 from 18.

Thanks to both of you. I will get the customer to modify the setting.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks to both of you. I will get the customer to modify the setting.

If you look into the subway via the scoop on the right, you'll see the ball punching up, unsuccessfully. Keep adjusting till it clears upwards and out of that scoop.

Quoted from zaphX:

I was at the unveil, and the combined ear mass of 6 Pooppants Joe's, and sling a ding dings, nearly whipped my head off.

I went upstairs to the con floor, enjoyed Oktoberfest with Josh Kugler, then played and was really surprised by Black Knight!

I was razzing Delt, as he felt I wasn't hearing an improvement, until he played it again tonight.

Sound aside, me going from awful scores of 80K and lower, to 180K and lower, helped me enjoy the game a good bit more! I still don't feel modes have weight in this game, but surprise...surprise, sucking less....made the game considerably more FUN!!!

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sound aside, me going from awful scores of 80K and lower, to 180K and lower, helped me enjoy the game a good bit more! I still don't feel modes have weight in this game, but surprise...surprise, sucking less....made the game considerably more FUN!!!

It definitely has a learning curve, and as you start to climb it, it's more enjoyable.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It definitely has a learning curve, and as you start to climb it, it's more enjoyable.

I'm still waiting for that to happen on Houdini, Pirates, and every other game I don't own!

#1446 4 years ago

Ok the diverter is really starting to piss me off a lot.

Problem is bouncebacks where the ball doesn't end up diverting. I spent some time with a few solutions tonight, none of which worked:

Weather stripping: Too thick, kept the ball from falling into the hole.
Fuzzy velcro: This seemed to help some, but did not resolve the problem.
Clear cabinet bumper (flat/wide): Same problem as the weather stripping, it was too thick and blocked the hole.

If anyone has additional suggestions for this issue I am all ears.

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

On Twilight Zone, we use a mild magnet taped to the back side of the metal in which the ball bounces off of. This works 100% of the time on the steel balls, obviously does not work on the powerball

magnet (resized).JPGmagnet (resized).JPG
#1448 4 years ago

I’m still waiting to get my LE, hopefully in the next two weeks or so , but finally got a chance to play one yesterday. I had a blast and the best part was the wife did too! Dodged a bullet there that’s for sure
The light show was even better in person and the flow of the game was fantastic, although I was just jabbing around at it as I didn’t get to spend too much time on it. Excited to explore more of it, but this waiting is killing me!

#1449 4 years ago

Here's something to note:

There's a lot of discussion on the rear left corner being dark. Seems like that's the case for the SE models, but on my LE model it seems like the Wonkavator ball lock lights up that area pretty good, negating the need for pinstadium strips

Not sure if this was discussed of not (SE v.s. LE)

Wonkavator Ball Lock (resized).JPGWonkavator Ball Lock (resized).JPG
#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok the diverter is really starting to piss me off a lot.
Problem is bouncebacks where the ball doesn't end up diverting. I spent some time with a few solutions tonight, none of which worked:
Weather stripping: Too thick, kept the ball from falling into the hole.
Fuzzy velcro: This seemed to help some, but did not resolve the problem.
Clear cabinet bumper (flat/wide): Same problem as the weather stripping, it was too thick and blocked the hole.

Following ... mine does bounce backs and diverter misses also. Maybe just lobby Joe and the software guys that when it's not in a multiball mode, just keep the diverter in place until another switch is triggered. Not sure why the switch would need to switch back so quickly to not still divert a bounce back from the diverter. Just an idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/29?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.