image000002 (resized).jpeg
image000001 (resized).jpeg
image000000 (resized).jpeg
image000000 (resized).jpeg
image000002 (resized).jpeg
image000001 (resized).jpeg
image000003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 283.
#14001 61 days ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

'Gate at Wonka's Factory' is endorsed by Lance Armstrong!

it clearly was an omission. there a dozens of modern games that have those built in similar spots. heck even TS4 has one!

#14002 61 days ago

Does anyone else find the side Wonkavator shot extremely difficult to make? I’ve probably hit that shot less then 10 times in a year it seems lol.

#14003 61 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone else find the side Wonkavator shot extremely difficult to make? I’ve probably hit that shot less then 10 times in a year it seems lol.

You mean hitting the spinner from the upper left flipper? This shouldn’t be challenging. …

#14004 61 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is your left ramp diverter feeding the upper left flipper correctly? Is the magnet behind the upper left flipper working?

#14005 61 days ago

My game has the black carbon fibre washers on the sling posts and seems to be holding up. However one of the other posts has a small chip around it. Is there so where I can buy marching black carbon washers? I can find them anyways and would like them to match.

#14006 61 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

You mean hitting the spinner from the upper left flipper? This shouldn’t be challenging. …

Yes, can rarely make that shot.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Is your left ramp diverter feeding the upper left flipper correctly? Is the magnet behind the upper left flipper working?

Yes, everything seems good.

#14007 60 days ago

How many of you guys added pinstadium or your own custom led lighting?

Wife was commenting it could be a little brighter.

#14008 60 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I did and you can't even imagine how much it add to the experience. Wonka is a hell of a game but the GI is lacking (even if playing in a fully lighted room), well ... not anymore with some Pinstadiums Fusion installed. You got the "always on" bright LEDS light (you adjust the color and intensity to your liking so you can't go wrong in any way). With the "Fusion" version (highly recommended) you also got 3 different colors effect that activate when certain flash are activated. ADDS A LOT to the beauty and overall experience.

I bet my friend that he won't be able to play a whole game with the Pinstadiums turned OFF, he lasted one ball and said : "I just can't" ... impossible to unsee it when you experienced it. 10/10 (for Wonka).

#14009 60 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No it’s my sister’s favorite thing in pinball. She’s not a pinner and only plays at my house 10 times a year and she get wonka valor multi ball in 2 or 3 games.

Shoot a bit sooner than you think.

Some thing is most likely off in your game.

#14010 60 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, can rarely make that shot.

Yes, everything seems good.

Are you having trouble aiming for that upper loop, or is it having trouble going through the loop cleanly? I had some issues where the ball was rattling just passed the spinner, so I adjusted the rails there to fix it up quite a bit.

#14011 60 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No it’s my sister’s favorite thing in pinball. She’s not a pinner and only plays at my house 10 times a year and she get wonka valor multi ball in 2 or 3 games.
Shoot a bit sooner than you think.
Some thing is most likely off in your game.

Thanks. Will try that and check the level of the game again.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Are you having trouble aiming for that upper loop, or is it having trouble going through the loop cleanly? I had some issues where the ball was rattling just passed the spinner, so I adjusted the rails there to fix it up quite a bit.

Probably a bit of both lol. Sometimes the ball does seem to have trouble going through the loop cleanly. When you say adjust the rails there is that the rail for the loop itself in that location? Were you able to loosen it and move it over or something?

#14012 60 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I'm not a fan of pin stadiums. To each their own.

I did however add some additional lighting to mine since the back is pretty dark. You can see it here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/279#post-8136767

#14013 60 days ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I added the Atom Fusions to mine. Before adding them it looked so dark next to my TS4 so I needed to increase my GI. I thought the flashers would be too much but it actually interacts perfectly with all of the modes. They’re also slim enough to not even notice them anymore and they don’t block the art blades very much.

IMG_0490 (resized).jpegIMG_0490 (resized).jpeg
#14014 60 days ago

so is it an option to change the voiceover, or is it just ce/le that have a different voice?

#14015 59 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

so is it an option to change the voiceover, or is it just ce/le that have a different voice?

I believe just the CEs

#14016 59 days ago

It so wild this update has completely jacked up my game. Gobstopper hole doesn’t reset in the right position on start up. Random coil just firing in attract mode every couple minutes. Start a game and it just auto launches the ball lol. I downloaded the code again on a usb stick. Hope this fixes it haha.

#14017 59 days ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I added the Atom Fusions to mine. Before adding them it looked so dark next to my TS4 so I needed to increase my GI. I thought the flashers would be too much but it actually interacts perfectly with all of the modes. They’re also slim enough to not even notice them anymore and they don’t block the art blades very much.[quoted image]

Oooo… thanks for the visual reference. Gotta show this to the wife.

I’ll be looking into this.

#14018 59 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks. Will try that and check the level of the game again.

Probably a bit of both lol. Sometimes the ball does seem to have trouble going through the loop cleanly. When you say adjust the rails there is that the rail for the loop itself in that location? Were you able to loosen it and move it over or something?

Yeah there is a guide rail just to the left of the rollover switch where the ball comes down off the shooter lane. I had to loosen this and push it to the left. It's the rail that is just above the scoop.

#14019 58 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yeah there is a guide rail just to the left of the rollover switch where the ball comes down off the shooter lane. I had to loosen this and push it to the left. It's the rail that is just above the scoop.

Thanks! Will double check that area.

#14020 54 days ago

Parts sold, post deleted.

#14021 53 days ago

Installed a HerculEASE Hero kit in my Wonka. There’s definitely a noticeable difference with the flipper power and feel. I made two shots to the Wonkavator shot, before installing the kit I probably made 2 shots in the past year…

#14022 53 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Im terrible at pinball but thanks to someone's advice on Pinside, I do that shot pretty much every time.

The trick is to hit the ball much higher than you think you should hit it at. Try and hit it right when the ball hit the top of the black arrow on the play field, don't look at the shot, just look at the arrow and the ball.

#14023 47 days ago

Hey Wonka fans I haven’t been here for awhile and was hoping someone could lead me to the preferred screen settings.Brightness
Color and such. I’m going to install the Hero kit and new battery this week and was wanting to make screen adjustments at the same time

#14024 45 days ago

Willy Wonka has joined Big Willy's!
LE#1123 Nov 2021 build.
Looks so lonely w/o a topper

20240604_182857.jpg20240604_182857.jpg
#14025 40 days ago

If you guys ever need any uplifting, well you can watch my video and see you aren't the only bad one! Haha. This was my first new in box game years ago and it is still here in my collection.

#14026 37 days ago

Here is a decent deal on a cool topper. I have rye exact same one but have not yet worked on getting the LEDs working. If any of you do grab one and get it working, please share what you did.
ebay.com link: itm

IMG_2400 (resized).jpegIMG_2400 (resized).jpeg
#14027 34 days ago

Mine came with a 3rd party topper; I modified it with my cast signed Wonka piece.

IMG_3998 (resized).jpegIMG_3998 (resized).jpegIMG_3999 (resized).jpegIMG_3999 (resized).jpegIMG_4001 (resized).jpegIMG_4001 (resized).jpeg
#14028 33 days ago

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sorry I use a translator, my English is too bad...
I have been the proud owner of a JJP Willy Wonka LE for 3 months and I love this machine!!

I just have several small problems with my copy, hidden by the previous owner.
1/ Error messages at startup which seem to be related to bios and USB.
I tried accessing the bios in azerty and qwerty mode. password "qmodem" but... invalid password... uppercase, lowercase. Unable to enter bios.
I updated to version 3.01.
I changed the motherboard battery, pinball turned off, it seems that you have to do the manipulation with pinball turned on...? This is preferable, risk seeing your machine refuse to start? I didn't have this problem.
But I kept the same error messages on startup. This does not prevent the pinball machine from launching and playing normally.
I will take screenshots and post the messages here.
Among the problems encountered:
The pinball machine (system) sometimes ends up displaying bugs, like on a PC. The pinball machine "freezes" it stays "on" but nothing works anymore. Screen images are fixed, the beaters no longer respond....you have to turn off and restart the machine.
It happens at any time. After a few minutes or after a few hours of play. Sometimes everything works normally.
System related issues? Has one component? overheated? ?Problem with Motherboard? memory? power supply ...?
I tried a new installation on another SSD hard drive with RUFUS , from an ISO image, also from a USB key.
I always get the same error messages during installation and during startup. And the password "qmodem" is still invalid...
Then the pinball machine works normally.
I would like a clean system, get rid of these error messages. Is the bios configured incorrectly?
Why can't I enter bios? Weird. Once again sorry for this translator who made me say nonsense I think France says thank you

#14029 30 days ago

I tried to watch that new Wonka movie last night. Ouch! Had to turn it off about 15 minutes into it. Didnt realize it was a "musical". But it just seemed bad all around. Bad singing, overly corny.. And since when is Wonka a magician? He was an inventor...

My wife said it gets better but I dont think I have it in me lol.

#14030 30 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I tried to watch that new Wonka movie last night. Ouch! Had to turn it off about 15 minutes into it. Didnt realize it was a "musical". But it just seemed bad all around. Bad singing, overly corny.. And since when is Wonka a magician? He was an inventor...
My wife said it gets better but I dont think I have it in me lol.

I was surprised at first it was a musical as well. Then I realized that the original is a musical. (The Candy Man, Oopma Loompa song, Pure Imagination, etc)

It does get better IMHO once you get into the story. It's just a different take about a young Wonka. I ended up liking it way more than I thought.

#14031 30 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I was surprised at first it was a musical as well. Then I realized that the original is a musical. (The Candy Man, Oopma Loompa song, Pure Imagination, etc)
It does get better IMHO once you get into the story. It's just a different take about a young Wonka. I ended up liking it way more than I thought.

My thoughts exactly...wasn't sure about it at first but ended up really enjoying it.

#14032 30 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Roald Dahl was a twisted dude.
Technically, the original was a book, "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory", that included lyrics of songs the Oompa Loompa sing.
Not a musical like the Wilder movie, "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory".
Excluding the added and unnecessary dentist storyline, the Tim Burton movie, "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory", is more faithful to Dahl's original text than the Wilder musical.

#14033 30 days ago

Wilder is the only way if you want it juuuust right

#14034 30 days ago

Anyone else having issues post update to 3.0/3.01?

We have random inserts that flicker on start up, then stop. Then the GUM inserts will be off color sequence then back on color sequence then sometimes lock up. Last night it also randomly started shooting out balls mid game then the flippers would go dead. Only change has been the two software updates, none of the issues existed before updating to 3.0

#14035 30 days ago

Questions as this is bugging me and from looking at a few photos under this post it seems like different people have done different things. I purchased a Wonka about two months ago and after agonizing over losing my ball probably 80% of the time out the left lane I finally noticed the empty spot for a post and a black cap nub above it above the one ball lane.

So my question is first why did JJP do this and was something supposed to be in there from the factory or not? Also what have most of you done as I’ve seen some with a post in the lower hole and another photo with the post where the black cap is? And then others without the post at all. If I need a post is there an easy way to get one as there is a piece of something that I believe is the piece that should go in that hole that was in my coin box but it doesn’t seem to fit. Thanks.

IMG_1339 (resized).jpegIMG_1339 (resized).jpeg

#14036 30 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Questions as this is bugging me and from looking at a few photos under this post it seems like different people have done different things. I purchased a Wonka about two months ago and after agonizing over losing my ball probably 80% of the time out the left lane I finally noticed the empty spot for a post and a black cap nub above it above the one ball lane.

The game out of the box has no post installed, but it does have the black nubbin installed in the upper hole, I believe to prevent ball hang ups. Both holes are provided as an option to install a post and reduce the number of left out lane drains - there should have been a post in the coinbox, though I don't know where you would go about sourcing a replacement. I personally left mine with no post/as it came from the factory. I told myself this was to help me improve my nudging skills, but all I have learned is that I can't nudge and that the nubbin can be both my best friend and my worst enemy, depending on whether it decides to let me continue my game or destroy my new high scoring run.

#14037 30 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

So my question is first why did JJP do this and was something supposed to be in there from the factory or not? Also what have most of you done as I’ve seen some with a post in the lower hole and another photo with the post where the black cap is? And then others without the post at all. If I need a post is there an easy way to get one as there is a piece of something that I believe is the piece that should go in that hole that was in my coin box but it doesn’t seem to fit. Thanks.
[quoted image]

The post is in the goodie bag that comes with the game. Factory preset is no post. I did that for a while but couldnt stand the drains any longer, so installed it in the lower hole. Much better with it in.

#14038 30 days ago

Netflix recently released a documentary called Remembering Gene Wilder. The trailer looks interesting. I'm hoping to find time this weekend to watch it. Just curious if anyone has watched that yet and what they thought.

#14039 30 days ago

Anyone interested in the Willy Wonka pinball machine hologram topper $259.99 version. If so shoot me a message. Just got the game on trade and it isn’t for me so will give someone a good deal if they want it.

#14040 28 days ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Anyone interested in the Willy Wonka pinball machine hologram topper $259.99 version. If so shoot me a message. Just got the game on trade and it isn’t for me so will give someone a good deal if they want it.

What does the topper look like?

#14041 28 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The post is in the goodie bag that comes with the game. Factory preset is no post. I did that for a while but couldnt stand the drains any longer, so installed it in the lower hole. Much better with it in.

I agree playing this pin without any post on that side is brutal. I do have the post in the goodie bag so I'll get that installed promptly.

#14042 28 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Anyone else having issues post update to 3.0/3.01?
We have random inserts that flicker on start up, then stop. Then the GUM inserts will be off color sequence then back on color sequence then sometimes lock up. Last night it also randomly started shooting out balls mid game then the flippers would go dead. Only change has been the two software updates, none of the issues existed before updating to 3.0

Ball trough issue figured out. Loose wires in the connector next to the eject coil. Caused intermittent false signal of a ball jam. Weird it happened at the same time as all the other issues. Currently loading up old code with help of JJP support. Will keep y’all posted.

#14043 28 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Ball trough issue figured out. Loose wires in the connector next to the eject coil. Caused intermittent false signal of a ball jam. Weird it happened at the same time as all the other issues. Currently loading up old code with help of JJP support. Will keep y’all posted.

Installing old code 2.03 solved the random light flickering and occasional GUM targets locking on one color or being out of sync. Back up and running again!

#14044 26 days ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I added the Atom Fusions to mine. Before adding them it looked so dark next to my TS4 so I needed to increase my GI. I thought the flashers would be too much but it actually interacts perfectly with all of the modes. They’re also slim enough to not even notice them anymore and they don’t block the art blades very much.[quoted image]

That looks great? Does it make Toy Story looks dark?

#14045 26 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

That looks great? Does it make Toy Story looks dark?

No, TS4 has the hot rails and more spotlights so it’s nice and bright even with the room lights off.

#14046 24 days ago

Checking to see if my Wonka LE has the new "Enhanced I/O Board".
Can anyone confirm from the photos?

20240625_124427 (resized).jpg20240625_124427 (resized).jpg20240625_124046 (resized).jpg20240625_124046 (resized).jpg

#14047 24 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Checking to see if my Wonka LE has the new "Enhanced I/O Board".

No.

LTG : )

#14048 24 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Can anyone confirm from the photos?

From Pinside, the one on the right is the new I/O board. Started with Toy Story for production. Some people have upgraded their games to the new I/O board or better capacitors.

Pinside_forum_7972669_3730116 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7972669_3730116 (resized).jpg
#14049 24 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Quoted from LTG:

From Pinside, the one on the right is the new I/O board. Started with Toy Story for production. Some people have upgraded their games to the new I/O board or better capacitors.
[quoted image]

Thanks - I appreciate the information!

#14050 24 days ago

I have been tempted to get the enhanced I/O board for my beloved Wonka ( which I can never get rid of or I will be disowned by my daughter)- Anybody in here install and get some great results?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
9,550 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Overland Park, KS
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 14,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.