IMG_2628 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_5151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 281.
#13951 38 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

With nearly 14,000 plays I can assert it does not need one.
They set the game up so there's a recessed hole in the field, and a printed plastic + mylar go at the entry to the hole. It's extremely durable.[quoted image][quoted image]

I probably put maybe 300 games on mine and this is a result. This is also one of the compromised playfields no major damage but definitely the ghosting around some of the posts. I’m surprised there wasn’t class action lawsuit against these guys, love the game but the playfield quality was shit on Some of them

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13952 38 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I probably put maybe 300 games on mine and this is a result. This is also one of the compromised playfields no major damage but definitely the ghosting around some of the posts. I’m surprised there wasn’t class action lawsuit against these guys, love the game but the playfield quality was shit on Some of them
[quoted image]

Your rotating piece looks higher than the hole, does the ball hit it when you shoot the gobstopper ?

#13953 38 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Your rotating piece looks higher than the hole, does the ball hit it when you shoot the gobstopper ?

Just by feel it looks like it’s about level or just slightly higher than the playfield

#13954 37 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the fucked up clearcoat club. I am also a dues-paying member. Sorry you got a shit field.

#13955 37 days ago

I used to have a Cirqus Voltaire… Wonder if that hole size is exactly the same? I know they make protector for the ringmaster.

#13956 37 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

[quoted image]

That looks like the mylar to me, not clear coat failure. It's possible you could get a new mylar kit and replace that.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Welcome to the fucked up clearcoat club. I am also a dues-paying member. Sorry you got a shit field.

You had a clearcoat problem?? This is the first I've heard of it! Please tell me more.

#13957 37 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just by feel it looks like it’s about level or just slightly higher than the playfield

Mine is a little bit below the playfield, so the ball doesn't hit it, which probably helps with not damaging it.
But It also deviates the ball so I want to try to level it, I'm hoping it the same story as the rotating map on POTC and just needs some washers below

#13958 37 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You had a clearcoat problem?? This is the first I've heard of it! Please tell me more.

I just spit out my beer lol

#13959 37 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You can’t exit pinball! You’ll miss pinside too much!

#13960 37 days ago

Just joined the club. I ordered the updated coil kit to help with the flippers. Game does seem slow overall. How steep is it meant to be? I set at 6.5 maybe I need to go to 7?

Any other suggestions on dialing in the settings to make it a bit more challenging? I think I had Kid Multiball, gobstopper multiball and slugworth multiball at the same time without really knowing what I am doing yet.

#13961 37 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just joined the club. I ordered the updated coil kit to help with the flippers. Game does seem slow overall. How steep is it meant to be? I set at 6.5 maybe I need to go to 7?
Any other suggestions on dialing in the settings to make it a bit more challenging? I think I had Kid Multiball, gobstopper multiball and slugworth multiball at the same time without really knowing what I am doing yet.

Updated coil kit? I thought for JJP it was a cap upgrade to improve flipper performance? Did you get something different?

#13962 36 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Updated coil kit? I thought for JJP it was a cap upgrade to improve flipper performance? Did you get something different?

sorry my mistake. Yeah cap upgrade

#13963 36 days ago

I just bought a Wonka that has the upgraded caps. is the left upper flipper spinner shot ever supposed to reach the pop bumpers?

#13964 36 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I just bought a Wonka that has the upgraded caps. is the left upper flipper spinner shot ever supposed to reach the pop bumpers?

No. It’s for the right spinner loop and the gum drop targets only.

#13965 36 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

On a well placed shot mine makes it there every time and that is without the upgraded caps. How steep is your game? Mine is set at 6.5

#13966 36 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

No. It’s for the right spinner loop and the gum drop targets only.

Sorry I am admittedly a totally wonka Noob but doesn’t the right spinner loop progress around to the pops when hit well?

#13967 36 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry I am admittedly a totally wonka Noob but doesn’t the right spinner loop progress around to the pops when hit well?

Yep sorry. Thought he wanted it to go up left orbit.

The right spinner loop will either travel to the glass elevator on Le and ce or proceed to pops. It’s sort of annoying when you’re doing the Charlie mode fizzy drink and the ball is diverted to the elevator.

#13968 35 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

On a well placed shot mine makes it there every time and that is without the upgraded caps. How steep is your game? Mine is set at 6.5

I haven’t checked the steepness. Mine does make it there. I thought there was a saucer there though.

#13969 35 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I haven’t checked the steepness. Mine does make it there. I thought there was a saucer there though.

It should make it to the pops every time unless you don’t hit it clean, but it’ll be diverted to the wonkavator saucer (on LE’s and CE’s) when Super Lock is lit, locking a ball towards wonkavator MB.

#13970 35 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

[quoted image]

Isnt this just the mylar lifting?

#13971 35 days ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

It should make it to the pops every time unless you don’t hit it clean, but it’ll be diverted to the wonkavator saucer (on LE’s and CE’s) when Super Lock is lit, locking a ball towards wonkavator MB.

okay noted. Is it jumping over the saucer back there? I’m just wondering what’s back there cause I can’t see anything. I never knew it had a saucer in the back right, always thought it was a magnet catching the ball.

#13972 35 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

okay noted. Is it jumping over the saucer back there? I’m just wondering what’s back there cause I can’t see anything. I never knew it had a saucer in the back right, always thought it was a magnet catching the ball.

Yup it’s a saucer and machine is best at 6.7

#13973 35 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Isnt this just the mylar lifting?

Yea someone mentioned that! I’d love replace as I’m sure it’ll get worse over time but with how weak the clear is on this machine it might make it worse

#13974 34 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea someone mentioned that! I’d love replace as I’m sure it’ll get worse over time but with how weak the clear is on this machine it might make it worse

The clear is weak? I think there is a lot of nonsense going around these forums. The clear isnt weak from what I have heard. There was issues with pooling around posts is all.

Mylar lifts up all the time. I actually looked at mine last night and I have a little of that going on in that same area, as well as by the captive ball.

Mylar is just sticker plastic essentially. People have tricks to remove it all over this forum.

#13975 31 days ago

ok, this might be off topic but im currently in the hunt for a CE or LE version from the latest build.. One owner HUO or NIB prefered of course.. Im in the myrtle beach SC 29566 area code.. Something in a 5 hour one-way drive would be perfect.. please PM me.. Thanks, mark

#13976 26 days ago

Does anyone know how many LE’s were made? I’m assuming no where close to 5,000. My WW is number 1123 and has a production date of 11/21.

1 week later
#13977 19 days ago

Noticed a new code available. Update worth it?

#13978 19 days ago

ya. just for the game reset functions lol.

#13979 19 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

ya. just for the game reset functions lol.

Game reset function???

#13980 19 days ago
Quoted from TomN:

Noticed a new code available. Update worth it?

Yeah might as well. There's some bug fixes too.

Wonka (resized).pngWonka (resized).png

#13981 19 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Game reset function???

ya like sterns. hold start and left flipper to cancel a game in progress

#13982 19 days ago

Setting for the new end game is on the first page of the general settings. Just adding this in as I asked the question.

#13983 18 days ago

So annoying after the update on startup it just sits at this screen for like two minutes before it finally loads up the files and boots. Gonna have to call on Monday and ask about this.

IMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpeg
#13984 18 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So annoying after the update on startup it just sits at this screen for like two minutes

Did it do the same thing next time you turned it on ?

LTG : )

#13985 17 days ago

Ya happened last night after the update. Turned it on tonight and the same thing.

#13986 15 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So annoying after the update on startup it just sits at this screen for like two minutes before it finally loads up the files and boots. Gonna have to call on Monday and ask about this.
[quoted image]

Odd. After my update to 3.0, my game boots faster, although with a greenish boot prompt screen first.

#13987 15 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Odd. After my update to 3.0, my game boots faster, although with a greenish boot prompt screen first.

I got the “greenish” boot screen too and was nervous at first. Seems to be isolated to just there, so I’m fine with it

#13988 15 days ago

Ya my screen was green as well. I’m gonna try a factory reinstall of the code and see if I can get that boot error to go away.

#13989 14 days ago

Hi all. I'm looking for a Wonka LE and have heard about playfield issues with this and other JJPs. I've never owned a JJP and haven't followed the issue. Can someone share the basics on what to look out for and what build dates were affected? Or point me to a good source on this thread or elsewhere? Thanks.

#13990 13 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Hi all. I'm looking for a Wonka LE and have heard about playfield issues with this and other JJPs. I've never owned a JJP and haven't followed the issue. Can someone share the basics on what to look out for and what build dates were affected? Or point me to a good source on this thread or elsewhere? Thanks.

So, from my observations is that later build dates had less pooling/chipping issues.

I don’t know when but JJP started to install clear plastic washers around the affected areas that had problems.

I bought my LE from the last run of Wonka and had washers already installed on the playfield. No problems with mine.

Just cannot inform you when JJP started doing this straight from the factory.

Maybe someone else knows??

#13991 12 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I believe the playfield issues were happening on builds prior to October 2021 I believe?

I have one from November 2021 and has no issues and bought it around that time. Actually, last night I did a cleaning and wax and commented to myself that this machine is really holding up very well.

It a great machine!

#13992 12 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im
I have one from November 2021 and has no issues and bought it around that time.

Ditto

#13993 12 days ago

12/17/19 build date. Definitely some pooling, but luckily no chipping at the posts. Second owner, great game.

#13994 12 days ago

PURE Imagination (38.9+ Million) for the second time on stream! Check out the game excerpt here. Follow for notifications to watch live next time...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2148079213

Pure Imagination Pic (resized).jpgPure Imagination Pic (resized).jpg
#13995 11 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

PURE Imagination (38.9+ Million) for the second time on stream! Check out the game excerpt here. Follow for notifications to watch live next time...
[quoted image]

Very cool but not watching, spoilers lol. Will get there in 2050.

#13996 11 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe the playfield issues were happening on builds prior to October 2021 I believe?
I have one from November 2021 and has no issues and bought it around that time. Actually, last night I did a cleaning and wax and commented to myself that this machine is really holding up very well.
It a great machine!

Yeah the final run of Wonkas from around that time haven't had any reported issues (knock on wood). JJP shipped the final run of Wonkas with washers installed from the factory at posts prone to the issue. Purchased my LE from the final run as well.

#13997 11 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

[quoted image]

i know the gate at the wonka factory mod is ‘cheating’ but this game is WAY too hard without it.

#13998 11 days ago

i know the gate at the wonka factory mod is ‘cheating’ but this game is WAY too hard without it.

I used to get a lot more center drains coming down from the pops, but this has been reduced a lot by ensuing the pkayfield is 100% level. Never did install the 1 way gate (or any other performance enhancing mods lol) though.

#13999 11 days ago

Oh, doesn’t count then! lol

Never mind, just saw post above

#14000 10 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

I used to get a lot more center drains coming down from the pops, but this has been reduced a lot by ensuing the pkayfield is 100% level. Never did install the 1 way gate (or any other performance enhancing mods lol) though.

'Gate at Wonka's Factory' is endorsed by Lance Armstrong!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Roseville, CA
$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manchester, NH
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 281.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/280 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.