IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 280.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Hard to say as i am not sure what triggers the diverter during game play,if I had to guess maybe it diverts 1/3 of the time when it should or maybe less. I can see I have seen it do it but perhaps that was on a game where I did not get the error on turning on the game. Not every turn on of the game gives the error.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What happens when you play the game? Does it divert okay?

Are JJP games like B/W as when switches are activated within so many plays they will throw up errors

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Hard to say as i am not sure what triggers the diverter during game play,if I had to guess maybe it diverts 1/3 of the time when it should or maybe less. I can see I have seen it do it but perhaps that was on a game where I did not get the error on turning on the game. Not every turn on of the game gives the error.

There is a coil test for the diverter - start there and see if it engages.

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am getting this Ramp Diverter - Lower malfunction most times when I start the game. When I go into the test menu, it appears to function best I can tell assuming I am testing the correct coil and that it is lowering as it should. See video below with test on Repeat.

I can call JJP on Monday but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before this as I have a party planned tonight and want the machine working fully if possible.
Thanks[quoted image]

More problems with the SEs? Hopefully this is all fixed by the time people get their LEs. Just add it to the list of reasons to justify paying $2k more...

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

More problems with the SEs? Hopefully this is all fixed by the time people get their LEs. Just add it to the list of reasons to justify paying $2k more...

Because the LE's will be perfect. No issues. Got it!

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

if anyone had any thoughts

A couple ideas. during game play, does it pull all the way back up to release the ball, or does it sit there ? ( if so the spring on the back of the coil assembly has stretched and doesn't have enough strength to pull the diverter up when a ball is there )

Also could be a timing issue, ball going past the diverter - make sure the next switch it rolls over is working, and not binding on the sides of the playfield slot it rides in or anything that would make it slow.

LTG : )

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Because the LE's will be perfect. No issues. Got it!

Definitely never said that. But buyers of the SEs were clearly used as guinea pigs. No way JJP was going to have the people who were willing to pay more (LEs and CEs) be the ones to test their games out and report back.

Patience is key.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A couple ideas. during game play, does it pull all the way back up to release the ball, or does it sit there ? ( if so the spring on the back of the coil assembly has stretched and doesn't have enough strength to pull the diverter up when a ball is there )

I had a weak diverter lift too, and when I investigated I found the spring itself was just fine, but the point on the "tab" of the diverter it was grabbing was causing it to lose leverage.

I put some heat shrink on the tab which allowed the spring to grab in the center of the tab, and now it springs reliably.

IMG_1391.jpegIMG_1391.jpeg
#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Definitely never said that. But buyers of the SEs were clearly used as guinea pigs. No way JJP was going to have the people who were willing to pay more (LEs and CEs) be the ones to test their games out and report back.
Patience is key.

So your saying we’re pigs

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Patience is key.

That happens with every 1.0 product. Early adopters are, generally speaking, willing to endure the bumps.

First production cars are the same way, I remember getting a new '93 Honda del Sol and it had a fault which caused the rear window to explode. Fixed under warranty.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So your saying we’re pigs

*guinea pigs

Willing to be experimented on.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Also could be a timing issue, ball going past the diverter - make sure the next switch it rolls over is working, and not binding on the sides of the playfield slot it rides in or anything that would make it slow.

I didn't some more testing. I am now thinking it is actually working during games all the time so the only "issue" is that error message when turning on the machine on certain starts. That seems to come and go with no pattern. Sometimes 10 times it a row it will give the error, currently the last 3 restarts it has not given the error. I of course normally would not restart the machine this often but I am just testing to see how often the error occurs. It is like the start up test sometimes thinks it is broken but I think it never really is. So it is annoying to have to clear that message when turning on the machine (sometimes) but at least the coil appears to be working during the acutal gameplay best I can tell.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That happens with every 1.0 product. Early adopters are, generally speaking, willing to endure the bumps.
First production cars are the same way, I remember getting a new '93 Honda del Sol and it had a fault which caused the rear window to explode. Fixed under warranty.

Cargument incoming!!!

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

So it is annoying to have to clear that message when turning on the machine

Turn the alert off in settings, so you only see it if you hit the "Enter" diagnostic button.

#1314 4 years ago

Anyone else having their spinner getting stuck? Mine is now getting stuck horizontal pretty much every game. Not sure if I bent it or if this is an issue others are having.

Cheers! (wish I could have afforded the LE, but loving the SE!)

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone else get more than one ball spit out in the shooter lane? Sometimes I get two. Other times I get a random ball during play.

This has just started happening. I went into switch test and nothing looks out of the ordinary. When I nudge it, only trough jam switch activates. I can't recreate when a ball randomly launches during play, and have only had 2 load in the shooter lane once.

Also noticed when I hit the saucer skill shot, it doesn't add a letter to the Wonka tower but it does add candy to the jar.

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Anyone else having their spinner getting stuck? Mine is now getting stuck horizontal pretty much every game. Not sure if I bent it or if this is an issue others are having.
Cheers! (wish I could have afforded the LE, but loving the SE!)

I had a spinner issue. After tinkering with it discovered the spinner assembly was getting stuck/caught on the plastics. I just slightly bent the assembly to the left and now the spinner doesn’t touch the plastic.

#1317 4 years ago

Something I have to look into … the spinner stops the ball dead probably about 1 out of every 3 shots from the upper left flipper. Doesn't get "stuck". Not really logical, so something is up. The ONLY hiccup that I have found so far.

#1318 4 years ago

I installed a JJP shaker motor on my Wonka SE yesterday. Installation was super easy: the posts are already in place and the hardware is included. You just need a screwdriver and about 5-10 spare minutes.

The effect is subtle and not overused, as has been noted by others. It shakes when the Gobstopper target is hit and during certain modes. The most fun surprise was when Wonkatania Mania (Stop the Boat!) mode activated. The game starts to "pulse" in a rhythm that makes it feel like you are in a rowing boat! Very cool and a must-have addition for SE owners.

As has been stated, you can order them from Pinball Life, and I have heard (but not confirmed) that you can order them directly from JJP as well.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I installed a JJP shaker motor on my Wonka SE yesterday. Installation was super easy: the posts are already in place and the hardware is included. You just need a phillips-head screwdriver and about 5-10 spare minutes.
The effect is subtle and not overused, as has been noted by others. It shakes when the Gobstopper target is hit and during certain modes. The most fun surprise was when Wonkatania Mania (Stop the Boat!) mode activated. The game starts to "pulse" in a rhythm that makes it feel like you are in a rowing boat! Very cool and a must-have addition for SE owners.
As has been stated, you can order them from Pinball Life, and I have heard (but not confirmed) that you can order them directly from JJP as well.

How much did that run you with shipping?

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Mine was $160 from JJP including shipping and was easy to install.

#1321 4 years ago

Possible solution for balls flying off the right ramp wireform -

The first few nights of playing Wonka, the ball flew off the right ramp wireform quite frequently. Yesterday afternoon, I bent the top wire of the wireform around the curve up slightly. My friends and I played probably 40 games last night and the ball never "jumped the track" all night.

I can't remember how much I bent it up. It wasn't much because the wireform still looks normal. I bent the first section (next to the plastic ramp) and the second section up. I also made sure the first section was tight up against the plastic ramp.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah about $160 sounds right. I of course can not order just one thing. I also got some misc parts I need for my other machine and I replaced the flipper rubbers this game came with (which started to flake and wear VERY quickly...) with some silicone ones.

#1324 4 years ago

I was looking at the lighting today … its a very dark playfield in an unlit room. There ARE connections on some of the lighting boards that are labeled for spotlights. They wouldn't have spent money on the boards for those connections if it wasn't originally planned for. I wonder what happened and if those connections are still programmed to work. I have a spare set of pinstadiums I might try, but I don't wont to take away the effects of the RGB playfield lights. Maybe pinstadiums with low light.

Did you need some special connectors ordered with it to tap into the GI or shaker? If so, I might have to contact him to try it.

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was looking at the lighting today … its a very dark playfield in an unlit room. There ARE connections on some of the lighting boards that are labeled for spotlights. They wouldn't have spent money on the boards for those connections if it wasn't originally planned for. I wonder what happened and if those connections are still programmed to work. I have a spare set of pinstadiums I might try, but I don't wont to take away the effects of the RGB playfield lights. Maybe pinstadiums with low light.
Did you need some special connectors ordered with it to tap into the GI or shaker? If so, I might have to contact him to try it.

No special connectors needed, just order the pin stadiums and then the 1ft power extension cable that is needed for all JJP games, so two items would be in your cart.

#1326 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1070-hookedonpinballcom/02732-willy-wonka-se-back-playfield-rgb-interactive

Just listed for Se owners today. Quick easy and low price point.
They have been on my machine for about a week maybe 40.hrs of testing no issues.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1070-hookedonpinballcom/02732-willy-wonka-se-back-playfield-rgb-interactive
Just listed for Se owners today. Quick easy and low price point.
They have been on my machine for about a week maybe 40.hrs of testing no issues.

Looks great! That back corner is oddly dark. Almost looks like a GI string is out!

Any update on your shooter rod availability?

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*guinea pigs
Willing to be experimented on.

Yeah I know what you meant

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Mine was $160 from JJP including shipping and was easy to install.

I don't see the shaker on JJP website. Did you call/email to order? TIA.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I don't see the shaker on JJP website. Did you call/email to order? TIA.

I sent an email and had it ordered in about one hour.

#1331 4 years ago

Its alive.

9f6af198200bb90245d5c9afd10e11df534f0ecb (resized).jpg9f6af198200bb90245d5c9afd10e11df534f0ecb (resized).jpgb0f6a2fe16f4306802931b079b23b68d189199e7 (resized).jpgb0f6a2fe16f4306802931b079b23b68d189199e7 (resized).jpg
#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Its alive. [quoted image][quoted image]

Where's the Wonkavator?!?

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

That's an SE, yo.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's an SE, yo.

Oh, I know. I was simply pointing out that extremely bare spot in the back.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Alright, we get it. Everyone here knows that there's no Wonkavator on the SE. Knock it off.

#1336 4 years ago

Alright, we get it. Everyone here knows that there's no Wonkavator on the SE. Knock it off.

Dad, when did you sign up!?

#1337 4 years ago

The cracks are forming...

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I saw this pic on FB and thought I would share. Wonkavator or not, it looks good with pinstadium and I would still buy this SE over any Stern.

#1339 4 years ago

The wonkavator I hope is coming shortly. It will trigger off the super lock insert, or any other insert you choose.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The wonkavator I hope is coming shortly. It will trigger off the super lock insert, or any other insert you choose.

LOVE IT! Thanks for the video!

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dude stop!

#1342 4 years ago

Isn't this a forum dedicated to talking about pinball, whether it's positive or negative?

#1343 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Isn't this a forum dedicated to talking about pinball, whether it's positive or negative?

Two things here:

1. You are not talking. You are trolling.
2. This is a club thread where owners can talk about their game. They are more positive and have less tolerance for overly negative stuff.

#1344 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Two things here:
2. This is a club thread where owners can talk about their game. They are more positive and have less tolerance for overly negative stuff.

This is just a Wonka Club. Not exclusive to owners.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Two things here:

Have a sense of humor and let it roll off of you

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You've already made your point. Stop beating the dead horse.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is just a Wonka Club. Not exclusive to owners.

A reasonable person could assume that the majority of people posting in this thread are either owners of the Wonka pin, or are interested in being owners, or interested in the pin itself. Otherwise why bother? There are plenty of other topics to spend time on Pinside posting in.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the absence of a single mechanism (the Wonkavator) in the SE is FAR outweighed by the cost savings of $2,000.00. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would have purchased a NIB pin if it were over $8K.

Yes, I understand there are other premium items on the LE. I prefer the SE artwork; I prefer the black armor and mirror silver wireforms, and I can buy the shaker, volume control and invisiglass for under $500. Aside from some other small differences, the Wonkavator is all that's left. I'll keep the extra $1500 in my pocket, thanks.

#1347 4 years ago

He's clearly a troll with 37% of the votes he receives as downvotes.

#1348 4 years ago

You've already made your point. Stop beating the dead horse.

A reasonable person could assume that the majority of people posting in this thread are either owners of the Wonka pin, or are interested in being owners, or interested in the pin itself. Otherwise why bother? There are plenty of other topics to spend time on Pinside posting in.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the absence of a single mechanism (the Wonkavator) in the SE is FAR outweighed by the cost savings of $2,000.00. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would have purchased a NIB pin if it were over $8K.
Yes, I understand there are other premium items on the LE. I prefer the SE artwork; I prefer the black armor and mirror silver wireforms, and I can buy the shaker, volume control and invisiglass for under $500. Aside from some other small differences, the Wonkavator is all that's left. I'll keep the extra $1500 in my pocket, thanks.

I'm in on an LE. Am I worthy of speaking in this forum now?

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

He's clearly a troll with 37% of the votes he receives as downvotes.

I get downvoted because I don't think the world is full of sunshine and roses. Someone has to call these companies out from time to time.

#1350 4 years ago

Come on guys. Let’s talk about this wonderful game and not each other. I will go to FB for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/27?hl=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.