IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5639 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 278.
#1251 4 years ago

Just got to Wonka's Office for the second time ever. I got it last weekend and my roommate got it tonight. Such a cool mode, one entire half of the screen and playfield goes dark.

IMG_0309 (resized).PNGIMG_0309 (resized).PNG
#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Just got to Wonka's Office for the second time ever. I got it last weekend and my roommate got it tonight. Such a cool mode, one entire half of the screen and playfield goes dark.[quoted image]

seriously, that's so cool!

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,
Now that some of you have gotten your hands on Wonka, how do you feel about it compared with the favorite machine in YOUR collection?
Thoughts and the other pins name please. Your other favorite pin gives us a bit of insight into your thoughts on Wonka perhaps?
Thanks!
Mike

This game is so addictive! I loved IMDN and POTC when I first got them but don’t remember having this much fun. I’ll wait a few weeks before I decide whether to crown this as my favorite, but at the very least, it’s definitely a keeper.

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Just got to Wonka's Office for the second time ever. I got it last weekend and my roommate got it tonight. Such a cool mode, one entire half of the screen and playfield goes dark.[quoted image]

Holy crap, I need to get better at this game. There's SO much I'm not going to get to see if I can't unlock it!!

So cool. Thanks for sharing.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

That is awesome. I am sad I didn't get to it myself first. I've been holding off on streams that did.

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woooohoooo!! Joined the club today. Lots to talk about. I've played the standard several times at locations … I really like the extra bling and wonkavator. But … when I got a 5 ball kid multiball, it stole one ball from the wonkavator, then I had to re-lock the second wonkavator ball again. Does that happen with a standard?
They had a larger pallet for it (cost more for shipping now because of that), but it slipped to one side of the pallet. No biggy, but FYI for JJP people.
[quoted image]
The indicator showed it wasn't tipped though …
[quoted image]
The legs were packed 100% better on top with some cushioned triangular shaped separators. Good packing change there ...
[quoted image][quoted image]
The bottom is plywood with some cushions with some grooves in it. Likely helps with it moving around.
[quoted image][quoted image]
FYI - There's more pieces of foam than what is in the instructions. One was under the ramp and not sure the purpose of that one. Glad they are protecting things though - nothing broken
[quoted image]
One issue to look out for that I found … the screws under the lock down bar were too high and the glass hit it when trying to remove the glass. Check this before you remove it for the first time. Also … the Invisiglass logo was facing down toward the playfield, yet the "made in America" sticker was facing up. I was told by LTG a few years ago (for a different pin) that the logo should be read facing up. Has this changed? Curious, because it matters (or mattered before).
[quoted image]
Not listed in the instructions is that this packing material screwed to the back of the cabinet should come off.
Keep it in case you ever sell it or move it.
[quoted image]
New piece (fix) has been added to the end of the trough! The ball will not get stuck (I tried it) and will not fall through into the cabinet like previously reported. Nice fix JJP!
[quoted image]
Anyone know where I can buy a Wonka blanket? LOL
[quoted image]
All 5! We love them all!
[quoted image]
FYI - pallet size difference. JJPOTC arrived on the smaller one and Wonka arrived on the larger one.
[quoted image]

Congratulations!! I hope that you enjoy your game!! Could you tell me what your born on date is? I am curious about when they started adding the ball trough fix.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Congratulations!! I hope that you enjoy your game!! Could you tell me what your born on date is? I am curious about when they started adding the ball trough fix.

7/18 and is an LE. They may have started that with the start of the LE's.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,
Now that some of you have gotten your hands on Wonka, how do you feel about it compared with the favorite machine in YOUR collection?
Thoughts and the other pins name please. Your other favorite pin gives us a bit of insight into your thoughts on Wonka perhaps?
Thanks!
Mike

Favorite pin is JJPOTC. Wonka is absolutely a worthy complement to it. Very different style of game that requires different skills. I like having the different experiences.

I was worried JJPOTC ruined me for all pins, but this one I’m enjoying just as much in different ways.

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Congratulations!
Also, that new metal piece on the back of the ball trough is the sexiest pic I've seen in this thread yet.

Will currently SE owners that already have their machine be shipped this replacement ball trough? There is a real issue with the ball trough in the SE models.

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Will currently SE owners that already have their machine be shipped this replacement ball trough? There is a real issue with the ball trough in the SE models.

JUP has been good about these situations,I suspect they will here too.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JUP has been good about these situations,I suspect they will here too.

Anyone put in a ticket for this yet? I am thinking about doing so.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Anyone put in a ticket for this yet? I am thinking about doing so.

Just talk to Frank or Steve at JJP

#1263 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, glad everyone is having fun!

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just talk to Frank or Steve at JJP

Sorry its being a while since I have needed support or used pinside. How do I talk to Frank or Steve at JJP?
Thanks

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Sorry its being a while since I have needed support or used pinside. How do I talk to Frank or Steve at JJP?
Thanks

Call (732) 364-9900 and press "1" for tech support. Don't leave a message if you get VM, just call back until you get someone. It will most likely be Frank or Steve.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is awesome. I am sad I didn't get to it myself first. I've been holding off on streams that did.

I kinda feel the same way...

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have to admit its Hard to avoid watching game play vids like yours etc because I want to see the games depth but also don't want to spoil the surprise and adventure of seeing the code for the first time. Especially the wizard type accomplishments. Unfortunately I play like crap so that might be the only way I get to experience such events. I have seen the LOTR final modes for Many years via video but never for myself. Some day...

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Everything JJP has told me leads me to believe that this is the case. They are also aware of the air ball issue (the plastic Factory Ramp “roof”) and the more fragile Oompa Loompas, which should be getting an upgrade as well. I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT TO HAVE IT will have an option for these soon.

On that note, everyone please make sure you have registered your game with JJP as soon as possible, and if you have crashes or mechanical issues, contact customer service and make them known. This information will make everyone’s life easier (especially yours if an issue is related to a bad board or other item) and is ultimately a lot more productive than airing out every issue on the forums first.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Everything JJP has told me leads me to believe that this is the case. They are also aware of the air ball issue (the plastic Fsctory Ramp “roof”) and the more fragile Oompa Loompas. I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT will have an option for these soon.
On that note, everyone please make sure you have registered your game with JJP as soon as possible, and if you have crashes or mechanical issues, contact customer service and make them known. This information will make everyone’s life easier (especially yours if an issue is related to a bad board or other item) and is ultimately a lot more productive than airing out every issue on the forums first.

I've done both. I've discussed my concerns with my distributor, and they've moved them up the chain to JJP. I've also covered them here.

The only major issue I've had so far is the bad opto board on my ball trough. My game has been turned off since Sunday for that issue, as it's unplayable in the state it's in. Tracking shows replacement parts coming Tuesday.

My trough does not have clearance issues, balls cannot fit through the end. I would like to have the ramp roof, though. I've had a few airballs already.

As to other issues, I had some other shipping damage concerns, all of which are being handled.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT will have an option for these soon.

Guilty as charged. No regrets.

Veruca_Salt (resized).jpgVeruca_Salt (resized).jpg
#1271 4 years ago

Where are all the LE photos? I thought these were shipping?

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Previous page has some.

Jeff

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Previous page has some.
Jeff

You would think by now 25 people would have theirs. Unless they are selling them to get JP.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Everything JJP has told me leads me to believe that this is the case. They are also aware of the air ball issue (the plastic Factory Ramp “roof”) and the more fragile Oompa Loompas, which should be getting an upgrade as well. I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT TO HAVE IT will have an option for these soon.

This is all good stuff and well advised. I'm finding out how they want to handle the left end of the trough and then there will be some kind of announcement - by that I mean I don't know if the fix in place for production now is THE fix or what they want to do but I will find out soon. So I ask folks to be patient on that; oompa loompas are being remade also and the material is changing from what I'm told but they are a few weeks away so waiting on that is necessary if you have a broken one. Same deal for the "guard" - we will be doing something with that also. The only thing of immediate concern is for those few that have had trough board issues and I would assume that most that have the issue have already contacted us and replacements are shipped or being shipped soon etc.. What he said above about opening support tickets if you have potential software bugs is good - the Chicago team reads and posts here regularly but if you come up against something that you think they should know, help cases will get forwarded on to them.

#1275 4 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Buffalo Pinball is doing a Wonka unboxing & setup right now.

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
Buffalo Pinball is doing a Wonka unboxing & setup right now.

Not seeing stream when does it start?

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not seeing stream when does it start?

Might be over.

LTG : )

#1278 4 years ago

The autographed posted looks awesome! Perfect compliment to my SE and I finally got a Pat Lawlor autograph : ) Thank you so much dannunz!

67406024_456260994924548_5677948556313362432_n (resized).jpg67406024_456260994924548_5677948556313362432_n (resized).jpg
#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just got mine in. Anything in particular you'd like to see?

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

The autographed posted looks awesome! Perfect compliment to my SE and I finally got a Pat Lawlor autograph : ) Thank you so much dannunz!

Did you have it custom framed or were you able to find one that fits at like walmart or something?

Thanks
Mike

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Did you have it custom framed or were you able to find one that fits at like walmart or something?
Thanks
Mike

Got a nice but inexpensive frame from Wally World. Tried Target but no 18x24s.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

Is the light below the Most Secret Machine still unlabeled? My thoughts on that whole thing with the "Big Points" label was it was because of code development. There's Small Points, Medium Points and Big Points modes reached from the lit ! shot at the saucer. I'm guessing that label on the prototypes just didn't make sense on the finished machines.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

Yes a video of someone hitting the shot for the Wonkavator, loading it with 3 pinballs and starting multiball.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Is the light below the Most Secret Machine still unlabeled? My thoughts on that whole thing with the "Big Points" label was it was because of code development. There's Small Points, Medium Points and Big Points modes reached from the lit ! shot at the saucer. I'm guessing that label on the prototypes just didn't make sense on the finished machines.

It's unlabeled on my LE, yes. I didn't notice it was unlabeled until you asked. It's very colorful in the game, not sure it needs a label.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes a video of someone hitting the shot for the Wonkavator, loading it with 3 pinballs and starting multiball.

Um, yeah... let me get back to you on that.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

I brought home an LE today. It does not say big points.

We had a ton of fun playing today. I love the way the ball flows from shot to flipper. The Wonkavator is nice and satisfying, but it's not a must have. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

#1286 4 years ago

I picked up my LE this afternoon,#288. I have been considering not even opening and selling it since the streams. Joe Katz gave me the “What you see is what you get answer”. I’m not thrilled about the way the code is so far but my wife is very excited about it. I ransomed her and told her I was going to list it and I had an order in for a Jurassic park LE. She caved and we are keeping it and getting JP. I will say that it’s a great shooter and I enjoy it more than my Pirates. I was impressed by the toys in that game but I’m not a good enough player to ever feel like I was advancing in that game. I do feel like this is close cousin to Dialed In which has been the favorite of the 4 JJP’s I had so far.
Happy Wife = More Games.

48FB9A72-8250-4F80-8906-0EED639F4202 (resized).jpeg48FB9A72-8250-4F80-8906-0EED639F4202 (resized).jpeg546AACF6-077D-48AB-86C8-C8707C4746F4 (resized).jpeg546AACF6-077D-48AB-86C8-C8707C4746F4 (resized).jpeg
#1287 4 years ago

The other JJP LE’s I bought all came with an autographed Certificate of authenticity with the games serial number. This one did not, the actual numbered plaque is taped to the front of the box. I don’t need it but just curious if mine was omitted or if they are not doing that any longer.
What’s the suggested set point for the game, I went 6.5?

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The other JJP LE’s I bought all came with an autographed Certificate of authenticity with the games serial number. This one did not, the actual numbered plaque is taped to the front of the box. I don’t need it but just curious if mine was omitted or if they are not doing that any longer.

I’m guessing they aren’t because it would of had to be contained in this envelope to not get mixed up. I guess there isn’t anything really trying these numbers to the unit. People can trade if they care about matching numbers.

54C81FED-1E07-4069-B019-3AEC13037324 (resized).jpeg54C81FED-1E07-4069-B019-3AEC13037324 (resized).jpeg
#1289 4 years ago

Did you find the screws for the LE plaque attachment? If so, where were they? Mine are missing or I didn't look in the correct place for them.

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If so, where were they?

Two black screws in a plastic bag inside the coin box with the other stuff.

LTG : )

#1291 4 years ago

Cat is interested as well!

52DBFA1E-5AFB-42DE-8F41-A1834BA5A838 (resized).jpeg52DBFA1E-5AFB-42DE-8F41-A1834BA5A838 (resized).jpeg
#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I have been considering not even opening and selling it since the streams. Joe Katz gave me the “What you see is what you get answer”. I’m not thrilled about the way the code is so far but my wife is very excited about it.

I am curious if it grows on you as you learn it. My knee jerk response was very different from my assessment after a solid day of play. The callouts and code made more sense to me once I understood the goals and rules.

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Cat is interested as well![quoted image]

Ok not a huge fan of cats but that cat is Dam cool! Look at that look he's giving you! lol

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Cat is interested as well![quoted image]

Part Himalayan? Does your cat has sinus or eating issues? I had a friend that had one that definitely did. Sweet kittie for sure.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Part Himalayan? Does your cat has sinus or eating issues? I had a friend that had one that definitely did. Sweet kittie for sure.

I would get one of those cats in a minute as long as it could out run our bulldog. Might get ugly otherwise...

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok not a huge fan of cats but that cat is Dam cool! Look at that look he's giving you! lol

I got the “Look of death” after turning the basement lights on!

8504F25B-FDDC-4F67-9641-160825229FED (resized).jpeg8504F25B-FDDC-4F67-9641-160825229FED (resized).jpeg
#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Exotic Shorthair ( Shorthair Persians)
https://www.facebook.com/858884300852310/
I have three , two are sisters and the white one is a year younger from a different breeder. The white one does “wheez” but no health issues. Keystone Cats and Exotic Furs Aretha two breeders I’ve used in PA.

3AC22B95-E8A8-4EE0-A671-B1F69A8E4A5C (resized).jpeg3AC22B95-E8A8-4EE0-A671-B1F69A8E4A5C (resized).jpeg4796D5B7-8CDE-48EB-8646-39019B632146 (resized).jpeg4796D5B7-8CDE-48EB-8646-39019B632146 (resized).jpeg90D5CD33-4AC0-4C9E-9C1C-928F48FFE066 (resized).jpeg90D5CD33-4AC0-4C9E-9C1C-928F48FFE066 (resized).jpeg
#1298 4 years ago

I am getting this Ramp Diverter - Lower malfunction most times when I start the game. When I go into the test menu, it appears to function best I can tell assuming I am testing the correct coil and that it is lowering as it should. See video below with test on Repeat.

I can call JJP on Monday but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before this as I have a party planned tonight and want the machine working fully if possible.

Thanks

WWTest (resized).jpgWWTest (resized).jpg
#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I am getting this Ramp Diverter - Lower malfunction most times when I start the game. When I go into the test menu, it appears to function best I can tell assuming I am testing the correct coil and that it is lowering as it should. See video below with test on Repeat.

I can call JJP on Monday but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before this as I have a party planned tonight and want the machine working fully if possible.
Thanks[quoted image]

What happens when you play the game? Does it divert okay?

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What happens when you play the game? Does it divert okay?

Hard to say as i am not sure what triggers the diverter during game play,if I had to guess maybe it diverts 1/3 of the time when it should or maybe less. I can see I have seen it do it but perhaps that was on a game where I did not get the error on turning on the game. Not every turn on of the game gives the error.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 32.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 13,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/26?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.