20231201_120640 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
367974549_678858004372977_7595400354134724835_n (resized).jpeg
399755332_361655376386758_9142758829216960394_n (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
779E3615-C6E0-43F9-B5C8-13E8078C79D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,533 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 271.
#13151 5 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Yes, also grayed out and set to no, and it is holding locks. Exactly like yours. And, again, a puzzle because I know it used to not be gray and I could switch it to yes or no. No idea what is going on.

Thanks, somehow comforting to know. I'm new to JJP, but I am hoping they have a decent support for question / issues response, I'll attempt to ask them to clarify or advise why & when this change occurred.

best,

Mike

#13152 5 months ago

So one of my artblades on my CE was scratched by the first owner. Shame they didn’t have the pinball life protector. Can I order a replacement blade from JJP?

82389FCB-F46C-41E2-BD90-B3CD952FC2F3 (resized).jpeg82389FCB-F46C-41E2-BD90-B3CD952FC2F3 (resized).jpeg
#13153 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So one of my artblades on my CE was scratched by the first owner. Shame they didn’t have the pinball life protector. Can I order a replacement blade from JJP?[quoted image]

Yes, I ordered a set recently from JJP and they come with protectors. You just need to put in a ticket and you need your serial number to prove you have a CE.

#13154 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:So one of my artblades on my CE was scratched by the first owner. Shame they didn’t have the pinball life protector. Can I order a replacement blade from JJP?[quoted image]

My CE shipped with the protectors.

#13155 5 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Yes, I ordered a set recently from JJP and they come with protectors. You just need to put in a ticket and you need your serial number to prove you have a CE.

That’s a relief! What a great game!

#13156 5 months ago

It’s a funny game. I hated it for the first hour. Cheap drains, confusing. Getting scores of a few hundred thousand. Wife’s getting million scores and I’m getting sdtm on the plunge. Anyway, persisted, levelled and adjusted and

E88ABECB-4A16-4756-93F6-FDAEA675DB98 (resized).jpegE88ABECB-4A16-4756-93F6-FDAEA675DB98 (resized).jpeg
#13157 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s a funny game. I hated it for the first hour. Cheap drains, confusing. Getting scores of a few hundred thousand. Wife’s getting million scores and I’m getting sdtm on the plunge. Anyway, persisted, levelled and adjusted and[quoted image]

It makes a brutal first impression...I was ready to push mine down the stairs the day I got it.

But it puts its hooks in you as you start to understand it.

#13158 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It makes a brutal first impression...I was ready to push mine down the stairs the day I got it.
But it puts its hooks in you as you start to understand it.

Haha old friend. Thought we’d never be in the same owners club after I got rid of pirates. After the bad playfield swore I’d never own another JJP. But the theme of this one is very nostalgic to me.

It took a bit over an hour for the change in opinion to occur. It actually got to the point where it was so immersive I stopped thinking I was playing a traditional pinball, trapping and cradling etc, just got completely lost in the experience. Haven’t felt that way with a pinball machine for a long time. Glad I took the gamble and bought this one.

#13159 5 months ago

zaphX something funny on my old LE I tried your tape fix like 10 times and could never get it to work so I resorted to one of the 3d printed options. On my new CE I had the floppy switch and stuffed the tape right in on the first try.

#13160 5 months ago

I added the pinwoofer sub to go with the tweeters and amp and I have to say it fills out the sound nicely especially at low to mid volume. I have the amp set conservatively and it still has a nice deep full sound without the need for anti rattle felt.

#13161 5 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

zaphX something funny on my old LE I tried your tape fix like 10 times and could never get it to work so I resorted to one of the 3d printed options. On my new CE I had the floppy switch and stuffed the tape right in on the first try.

Glad you got it working, I'd really like to know what people are doing in the build process that ends up breaking that switch and making it floppy

#13162 5 months ago

So just got to glass elevator multiball and a bit bummed. Only first ball released and the next ball was stuck, jammed by the moving post. So then had to shake them out and then all over. Searched the forum and couldn’t find it solution.

#13163 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So just got to glass elevator multiball and a bit bummed. Only first ball released and the next ball was stuck, jammed by the moving post. So then had to shake them out and then all over. Searched the forum and couldn’t find it solution.

Under coil settings, Elevator Lock Release Time. Default is 210 milliseconds, I had to make mine longer to fix that issue.

#13164 5 months ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Under coil settings, Elevator Lock Release Time. Default is 210 milliseconds, I had to make mine longer to fix that issue.

Thanks! Do I just make it 500? Or do I have to test?

#13165 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks! Do I just make it 500? Or do I have to test?

I raised and tested mine incrementally.

#13166 5 months ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

I raised and tested mine incrementally.

Ok. Will do.

#13167 5 months ago

Damn this game is sooo good. For those who upgraded from LE to CE, how did you justify that? Did you sell your LE first and bought the CE?
I was late to the game and got an LE from the last build cycle. Love this machine.

Still have not gotten all 5 golden tickets, but hey it has only been 11 months of ownership. Out of the 11 months I've really only played 4 (I had a newborn child that kind of prevented me from focusing on playing).

#13168 5 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Damn this game is sooo good. For those who upgraded from LE to CE, how did you justify that? Did you sell your LE first and bought the CE?
I was late to the game and got an LE from the last build cycle. Love this machine.
Still have not gotten all 5 golden tickets, but hey it has only been 11 months of ownership. Out of the 11 months I've really only played 4 (I had a newborn child that kind of prevented me from focusing on playing).

I Traded my LE then waited for the right CE come up and overpaid for it because it’s worth it ; )

#13169 5 months ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

wonka was our first real pinball game and the one that’s pushed me down the slippery slope. i’m at 24 mil score and no more than 4 golden tickets. but pinball is new to me, in general, so i have lots to go. it’s been 6 months.

that being said, i LOVE this pin but not enough to spend essentially double for le/ce for aesthetics. but if u do, do it. spend the money and bolt it to your floor. keep it forever. kids will love it. you will love it. your friends will love it.

it’s really a magical game.

#13170 5 months ago

I was lucky to only get a CE through a trade with a guy I had traded with before. We’ve sort of become friends. So he just texted me a swap for my KJS customised alien. Paid a few more k to make the trade fair for him. If you can find trades maybe this is better than buying outright? In Australia they go for low 20s. So 12.5k us? Don’t come up often but then 2 ads will appear….

With the CE, I love the playfield art and sparkles, the apron with signatures , the rails are nice (but blue would be good too), the radcals are cool. I also like Veruca doing the narration. Other than that I would be really happy with a LE. Only ended up with a CE through circumstance. Could have got an LE for 15k (9.7k usd), but that would have been an outright purchase. So 3k usd difference between the 2 down here.

#13171 5 months ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

So mine still doesn’t work everytime. Changing this value lengthens the time the post is retracted for. And yes it does open for longer meaning the balls aren’t released as quick if you extend it up to say 220 or 240.

BUT even at 240 it can get stuck. Even on the first ball.

To test, remove the plastic on top of the elevator trough area. Go into settings and adjust the elevator lock release value to say 240. Add three balls in the elevator. Close the door. They will release. Catch the balls and pop the three back in. On about the 6th or 10th time the post will open just a short time, not the amount of time you specified. For some reason on the nth random release it will do a short release. I will also see if my post is sticking. I am on 2.0 I can update.

Btw, the screw just after the post is not affecting the balls release. Gravity pulls it down, no binding against the screw. I tried changing the screw, still did it so changes it back.

If no one else is having sporadic issues then I find it hard to be S/w. Unless no one else is on 2.0. Will check post and get back. Any comments or help welcome. Added to photos to show the thing is random. Can happen on first ball or 2nd. No matter what the setting.
0CE7C90F-9092-422A-8A8C-C30FEBEACB47 (resized).jpeg0CE7C90F-9092-422A-8A8C-C30FEBEACB47 (resized).jpeg7D833723-4C36-40E9-BF7C-1D13D67CADDA (resized).jpeg7D833723-4C36-40E9-BF7C-1D13D67CADDA (resized).jpeg

#13172 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Btw, the screw just after the post is not affecting the balls release. Gravity pulls it down, no binding against the screw. I tried changing the screw, still did it so changes it back.

I had a similar issue like this that I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. It had to do with the Wonkavator area missing a screw underneath and not sitting at the angle it should. Perhaps this may help you.

Check the screws under the Wonkavator ball lock on the backboard to make sure the area that holds the locked balls is not missing a screw and sitting level (it should have a slight angle down towards the release point). I'm not in front of my machine otherwise I'd send you a picture, but hopefully you get the area I am speaking of.

#13173 5 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I had a similar issue like this that I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. It had to do with the Wonkavator area missing a screw underneath and not sitting at the angle it should. Perhaps this may help you.
Check the screws under the Wonkavator ball lock on the backboard to make sure the area that holds the locked balls is not missing a screw and sitting level (it should have a slight angle down towards the release point). I'm not in front of my machine otherwise I'd send you a picture, but hopefully you get the area I am speaking of.

All screws accounted for. Thanks for the suggestion though. Good to knock one possible cause off.

I have taken the post out it had ridges on it that may have been binding? Sanded it back. I will retest.

F882C9C4-FB25-445F-AE5E-DE57391E2250 (resized).jpegF882C9C4-FB25-445F-AE5E-DE57391E2250 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13174 5 months ago

Well, scratch that one off the list. Hope you get it figured out soon.

#13175 5 months ago

So I got rid of the burrs on the post and I think it’s working now at the default 210ms. Testing the hard way by getting the three locks. Wonkavator multiball kicked off fine. I must say compared to some of the other multiballs it seems a bit subdued. Game lasted so long called wife down to finish. She kicked off the Oompa Loompa odyssey and ended up snagging us another golden ticket. This game is really in our top 3 at the moment. Up there with AFM. Hard to define, just something makes it special. Have to reevaluate once out of the honeymoon. My poor BM66 Is only a month old and it’s been abandoned…

Edit: Rocket really likes the gobstopper

854F1495-68B8-4F4F-B01C-3222E7CCB048 (resized).jpeg854F1495-68B8-4F4F-B01C-3222E7CCB048 (resized).jpeg
#13176 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I was lucky to only get a CE through a trade with a guy I had traded with before. We’ve sort of become friends. So he just texted me a swap for my KJS customised alien. Paid a few more k to make the trade fair for him. If you can find trades maybe this is better than buying outright? In Australia they go for low 20s. So 12.5k us? Don’t come up often but then 2 ads will appear….
With the CE, I love the playfield art and sparkles, the apron with signatures , the rails are nice (but blue would be good too), the radcals are cool. I also like Veruca doing the narration. Other than that I would be really happy with a LE. Only ended up with a CE through circumstance. Could have got an LE for 15k (9.7k usd), but that would have been an outright purchase. So 3k usd difference between the 2 down here.

15K AUD for an LE is really cheap imo
17K is more where it’s at so if you got a CE for Kurt’s Alien and some change you probably did pretty well

#13177 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

wonka was our first real pinball game and the one that’s pushed me down the slippery slope. i’m at 24 mil score and no more than 4 golden tickets. but pinball is new to me, in general, so i have lots to go. it’s been 6 months.
that being said, i LOVE this pin but not enough to spend essentially double for le/ce for aesthetics. but if u do, do it. spend the money and bolt it to your floor. keep it forever. kids will love it. you will love it. your friends will love it.
it’s really a magical game.

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I Traded my LE then waited for the right CE come up and overpaid for it because it’s worth it ; )

Thanks for the inputs… some interesting ideas and methods how some acquired a CE. I would be one of those guys if they sold a pin…

Some of the funds would “accidentally” be allocated for something else. Will just stick with the LE. After all, gameplay is 98% the same (minus callouts, sparkle playfield).

#13178 5 months ago

There must be a way to add the additional callouts to the LE? Has anyone tried?

#13179 5 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It's encrypted. Forget it.

#13180 5 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You would have to get hold of a CE security dongle to enable the call outs, as zaphX says they are encrypted.

#13181 5 months ago

Bugger oh well

#13182 5 months ago

So is it bad to turn flippers up to 26?

#13183 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

when i did it, it ended up shooting balls so hard up factory theyd jam and roll backwards.

i think 23-24 is better and still a lil too strong but worth it

#13184 5 months ago

when i did it factory up shooting balls so hard up factory theyd jam and roll backwards.
i think 23-24 is better and still a lil too strong but worth it

Thanks. I actually read something where it’s the magnets in multiballs which rob them of their strength. It was happening in wonkavator where I suddenly found it hard to make ramps. Very annoying to get a special mode and then have weak flippers. Will try with these settings and lower if I get airballs.

#13185 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Probably helps with less rejects from the ramps, particularly that left one which has a tendency to go sdtm. But it's at the risk of ball hops and causing damage. Oompa loompa cameraman is a vulnerable area. Mine has broke and I know so have others.

#13186 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Probably helps with less rejects from the ramps, particularly that left one which has a tendency to go sdtm. But it's at the risk of ball hops and causing damage. Oompa loompa cameraman is a vulnerable area. Mine has broke and I know so have others.

I’m at 24 for left flipper and 23 for right now will see how that goes. Also pitch was 6.9. Took it down to 6.6. Still fast and spinner shot feels better now. Making shots in multiballs a bit easier now. Great fun game!

#13187 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I’m at 24 for left flipper and 23 for right now will see how that goes. Also pitch was 6.9. Took it down to 6.6. Still fast and spinner shot feels better now. Making shots in multiballs a bit easier now. Great fun game!

This game is awesome. Highly underrated IMO.

#13188 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

This game is awesome. Highly underrated IMO.

Couldn't agree more. All the JJP PL games don't get the respect they deserve.

#13189 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

Actually getting weird behaviour. Shots to right ramp are going up quickly go half way then come back down as if they’re hitting something. Maybe it’s the gate switch above or ricochets back of the ramp wall?

#13190 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. I actually read something where it’s the magnets in multiballs which rob them of their strength. It was happening in wonkavator where I suddenly found it hard to make ramps. Very annoying to get a special mode and then have weak flippers. Will try with these settings and lower if I get airballs.

That’s a good point I didn’t even consider. I was always wondering why it was so much harder for me to hit ramps in multiball. I was thinking maybe the flipper were fading from the coils getting hot due to more hits, but I don’t think my games are long enough for that to be the cause. I had to lower my flipper strengths after waxing but maybe it’s time to kick them back up a notch.

#13191 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Actually getting weird behaviour. Shots to right ramp are going up quickly go half way then come back down as if they’re hitting something. Maybe it’s the gate switch above or ricochets back of the ramp wall?

yup bring the responsible flipper down 1-2 pts

#13192 5 months ago

yup bring the responsible flipper down 1-2 pts

Yep it was hitting the side of the ramp shield. Thanks!

#13193 5 months ago

Getting the following switch error when I boot up.

Dedicated Switches: Check Dedicated Switch #D05, Elevator Diverter EOS (Stuck Open).

I when to test mode and lifted the playfield, however I believe I am having trouble finding the actual switch. Thoughts?

#13194 5 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Getting the following switch error when I boot up.
Dedicated Switches: Check Dedicated Switch #D05, Elevator Diverter EOS (Stuck Open).
I when to test mode and lifted the playfield, however I believe I am having trouble finding the actual switch. Thoughts?

Scratch that, took some old advice on this forum and went to coils tested the elevator diverter and boom its gone. Have not turned this bad boy on in a bit due to too many new games coming in!!

1 week later
#13195 4 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So one of my artblades on my CE was scratched by the first owner. Shame they didn’t have the pinball life protector. Can I order a replacement blade from JJP?[quoted image]

may not have been the owners fault, several of us received damaged art blades especially on that side direct from the factory.

#13196 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

may not have been the owners fault, several of us received damaged art blades especially on that side direct from the factory.

Ok! Will let my distro know. Thanks!

#13197 4 months ago

Jeez played this game two days ago. Played at Red stone gothenburg sweden (fantastic place with lots of high end games)
Here i was thinking hobbit is jjp´s best and i honestly dont like anything by lawlor. (until now)

This pin is great or maybe even the greatest.
Instantly fell in love with it. Played three games or so and got two golden tickets. played wonkas office without realizing it. LOL
(there seems to be a lot to doo)

None for sale in europe, so is there any chance you think it will be vaulted in the future?
(seems to me both ts4 and gf are duds?)

#13198 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jeez played this game two days ago. Played at Red stone gothenburg sweden (fantastic place with lots of high end games)
Here i was thinking hobbit is jjp´s best and i honestly dont like anything by lawlor. (until now)
This pin is great or maybe even the greatest.
Instantly fell in love with it. Played three games or so and got two golden tickets. played wonkas office without realizing it. LOL
(there seems to be a lot to doo)
None for sale in europe, so is there any chance you think it will be vaulted in the future?

You never know, but I haven't heard any rumors that more will be made and I doubt there will be. There was already a 2nd run of these a couple years ago.

#13199 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

...is there any chance you think it [Wonka] will be vaulted in the future?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Vaulting is a thing that Stern does because they have excess manufacturing capacity and can rerun hits while waiting for game development/coding to be ready on new titles. JJP hasn't done this yet, (well maybe WOZ, but did it ever really go out of production?), because by the time they finish a run of a title too much time has passed since the title was announced. FWIW JJP started shipping in 2013. So far they have shipped 8 titles in 10 years. With a stated goal of shipping 2 new titles a year, they just don't have the capacity, (now) to delay the introduction of a new title in order to revisit a previous title. When and if they do end up with excess mfg capacity, Wonka will be toward the bottom of the remake list, because sales weren't through the roof and there is no perceived pent up demand. The first remakes will be POTC and WOZ and maybe TH. And don't start with licensing issues. To date I haven't seen any verified claims that a machine was prevented from remanufacture due to licensing. More likely the only limiting factor for remakes is a manufacturer's estimation of the market for a remake and their belief that they will be able to make a better profit manufacturing something else.

#13200 4 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 90.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 91.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Wanted
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,533 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 271.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/264?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.