IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 279.
#12951 12 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

First thing I would recommend is to make sure your game is level and pitch is around 6.5. A digital level is preferred when doing this. Then just practice, it's an early flip from the upper left flipper soon after it leaves the magnet. If you let it get to far down that upper left flipper you will brick it or hit the gum targets.

Thanks. I've been practicing it all day. I still can't hit it cleanly but a few times I do hit the spinner and the one-way gate behind the spinner doesn't allow the ball to go through and the ball sort of bounces off it and deflects into one of the lanes under the Wonkavision tv screen.

And would a 6.5 pitch be with the rear leg levelers all the way in (like the front legs)?

#12952 12 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Thanks. I've been practicing it all day. I still can't hit it cleanly but a few times I do hit the spinner and the one-way gate behind the spinner doesn't allow the ball to go through and the ball sort of bounces off it and deflects into one of the lanes under the Wonkavision tv screen.
And would a 6.5 pitch be with the rear leg levelers all the way in (like the front legs)?

I dealt with the exact same when I got the game I couldn't hit the spinner.
Hit it right when the ball touches the black drawn arrow on the playfield, some games later you'll hit it all the time.
It looks unnatural at first, because you'll feel you want to hit the ball later but you'll get there

#12953 12 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I put a small piece of adhesive felt under the playfield where that auto shooter metal piece contacts the bottom of the playfield. This causes it to hinge/tilt forward a tad while at rest which was enough to provide clearance for the e clip.

This worked for me on a few JJPs to keep the auto launcher arm from rubbing on the shooter rod.

#12954 12 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

WOZ is the greatest game of all time, IMO. Mine plays amazing - flippers are snappy… plays hard and fast. I love it. Can’t imagine ever letting it go. Owned it for 9 years

I have WOZ and Wonka, and neither will leave my collection. I enjoy Wonka slightly more, but guests and visitors are blown away with WOZ and cannot believe how many goodies are packed into that thing. Both are exceptional pins.

#12955 12 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I can't hit the spinner from the upper left flipper even if my life depended on it. Most of the shots seem to hit the tip of the upper right flipper.
I've tried everything but it just seems like the geometry is off?
Any tips? I'm not a great player but it seems like a shot I should be able to make and watching gameplay vids people seem to make it easily.

Quoted from solid_snake:

Steve said Play Better!!! Lol

#12956 12 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Your rear leg levelers will typically be further out than the fronts to create that 6.5 pitch. There's a bubble level near the shooter lane that can help you determine pitch if you don't have a digital level. I'm not in front of my machine, but if you look at that bubble level I believe it should be somewhere around the 2nd line from the front of machine.

#12957 12 months ago
Screenshot_20230422-110505 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230422-110505 (resized).png
#12958 12 months ago

For anyone else with a Pinwoofer, I did the expander board delete that was sent out last month and noticed that now my machine doesn’t do those annoying loud pops on start up anymore that I know people have complained about on JJP’s. Nothing major but it’s nice not hearing those anymore.

https://pinwoofer.com/content/PW-GT-JJP-Expander-Board-Delete-Instructions.pdf

#12959 12 months ago

My Willy wonka is showing stuck open switch 76 ?

Any ideas what this is or how to fix ?

Many thanks

Here’s my update it looks like my ball got stopped in the most secret machine place where you shoot the ball stuck in their any ideas of how to get it out or fix it?

It appears to be working off and on any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#12960 12 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Any ideas what this is or how to fix ?

Page C 106 and C 107 in the manual. Center loop. It's an opto. Check if it popped out of what it is stuck into.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here’s my update it looks like my ball got stopped in the most secret machine place where you shoot the ball stuck in their any ideas of how to get it out or fix it?

Run Tests - Coils - with the high power interlock on the coin door pulled out. See if coil fires it out. If not check for broken wire on the coil.

LTG : )

#12961 11 months ago

Is there anyone aware if there is some target decals available somewhere for WW ? I looked everywhere to no avail.

tks

Jack

1 week later
#12962 11 months ago

Had an issue over the weekend, trough error. I havent gotten the chance to investigage but it kept showing a "trough error" and it kept shooting extra balls randomly.

Aside from cleaning the optos, anything else that I should look at? Not sure if others have had this issue. The coils are working fine from a quick test.

#12963 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Had an issue over the weekend, trough error. I havent gotten the chance to investigage but it kept showing a "trough error" and it kept shooting extra balls randomly.
Aside from cleaning the optos, anything else that I should look at? Not sure if others have had this issue. The coils are working fine from a quick test.

Had this issue a couple months ago. Ended up pulling both trough boards and reflowing the solder on them. That solved it for me, hasn't happened again.

#12964 11 months ago

Wonka won’t turn on, power saving mode?

69C3B69E-762E-48CD-80EA-4959FB85EE77 (resized).jpeg69C3B69E-762E-48CD-80EA-4959FB85EE77 (resized).jpegFDEE18A8-2B5A-461F-9435-A59B71C64530 (resized).jpegFDEE18A8-2B5A-461F-9435-A59B71C64530 (resized).jpeg
#12965 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Wonka won’t turn on, power saving mode?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please watch this video. Thanks to LTG for the link originally.

r/
Mike

#12966 11 months ago

Please watch this video. Thanks to LTG for the link originally.

r/
Mike</tblockquote>
Thanks for the link guys

#12967 11 months ago

Anyone know off the toth, what size wrench for the locking nut on JJP flipper mechs?

My upper flipper needs adjustment… it’s tight up there! My #9 wrench is too small… #10 is a smidge too big. I’m guessing I can’t use a metric wrench?

#12968 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

what size wrench for the locking nut on JJP flipper mechs?

3/8

#12969 11 months ago

Hi All,

I took a quick look at my issue where balls keep getting added to the game and it gave me this error message. I am assuming its the optos in the trough. The error says that all optos active. So, my question before I start getting into it is, what is not supposed to be active? I am assuming that is the issue. I also saw that there is a "6-ball trough jam" opto? Not sure how that works.

Just looking to hone in on what the actual problem is. Any ideas besides simply reflowing solder or new optos?

20230510_203610 (resized).jpg20230510_203610 (resized).jpg
#12970 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi All,
I took a quick look at my issue where balls keep getting added to the game and it gave me this error message. I am assuming its the optos in the trough. The error says that all optos active. So, my question before I start getting into it is, what is not supposed to be active? I am assuming that is the issue. I also saw that there is a "6-ball trough jam" opto? Not sure how that works.
Just looking to hone in on what the actual problem is. Any ideas besides simply reflowing solder or new optos?
[quoted image]

Ball trough board failure. Hopefully you're under warranty.

#12971 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Ball trough board failure. Hopefully you're under warranty.

Im not, but I saw that they arent too bad online. About $100 total. Guess ill go shopping.

Thanks.

#12972 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im not, but I saw that they arent too bad online. About $100 total. Guess ill go shopping.
Thanks.

Have you checked index above for this issue?I think you can reflow solder joints and if I remember correctly there was an issue with the balls not loading in trough right.

#12973 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have you checked index above for this issue?I think you can reflow solder joints and if I remember correctly there was an issue with the balls not loading in trough right.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by "checked index"?

#12974 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ignore my last post, I deleted it... I did not see anything in the index. Not sure what would make the balls not load correctly, all of a sudden. Ive had the game for a couple years now.

#12975 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not sure what would make the balls not load correctly

Crappy solder joints on the optos on the ball trough opto boards.

#12976 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crappy solder joints on the optos on the ball trough opto boards.

Think they just need adjusting?

#12977 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Think they just need adjusting?

No.

I'd try removing the solder on the ball trough opto board on the side nearest the coin door, and flowing on new solder. Or get new ball trough opto boards.

#12978 11 months ago

I had to replace the board where the balls end up (trough) it was like $39 part.

My problem was when the ball was in play it was like end of ball then everything went limp. Sometimes it did kick out another ball while in play and wasn't mutilball. This was diagnosed by my tech before he retired.

#12979 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
I'd try removing the solder on the ball trough opto board on the side nearest the coin door, and flowing on new solder. Or get new ball trough opto boards.

What he said ^^^^^^

#12980 11 months ago
Quoted from indybru:

I had to replace the board where the balls end up (trough) it was like $39 part.
My problem was when the ball was in play it was like end of ball then everything went limp. Sometimes it did kick out another ball while in play and wasn't mutilball. This was diagnosed by my tech before he retired.

You never want everything to go limp, especially when your ball is in play

#12981 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What he said ^^^^^^

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. I ended up buying both the receiver and transmitter boards as I am not sure which one is the problem. Was about $100 total, so not horrible.

Thanks again all...

#12982 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. I ended up buying both the receiver and transmitter boards as I am not sure which one is the problem. Was about $100 total, so not horrible.
Thanks again all...

They should be damn near free, the number of failures they've had.

#12983 11 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

They should be damn near free, the number of failures they've had.

Wizard of Oz has entered the chat.....

#12984 11 months ago

Anyone have the full height, width and depth specs for a Willy Wonka with the head folded down?

Just want to see what type of SUV I need.

#12985 11 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Anyone have the full height, width and depth specs for a Willy Wonka with the head folded down?
Just want to see what type of SUV I need.

I was able to fit it in the back of my 4 door jeep wrangler with seats folded back. This was in the factory box..

#12986 11 months ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Wizard of Oz has entered the chat.....

Has WOZ been difficult to maintain? I know practically nothing about that, but I assume if it's JJP's first pin it could be a handful.

#12987 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Has WOZ been difficult to maintain?

For me in commercial use since July 2003 I've had one ruby slipper pop off. And the pop bumper bracket for the state fair balloon pop bumper broke. And one motor for the monkey acted up.

Normal cleaning and waxing.

I did go through the 5 volt boards to the 7.5 volt boards to the 2.0 system.

#12988 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Has WOZ been difficult to maintain? I know practically nothing about that, but I assume if it's JJP's first pin it could be a handful.

Not for me personally. Only issues I had, that were minor, I caused them. I have the 7.5 buffered light boards. I've never had any issue with them. I have the 2.0 kit in a box that's well over 2 years old.
I have my 3 modern jjps hooked up to a voltage conditioner and I wear esd wrist stuff when I open them as well. Maybe it helps maybe it doesn't but static "latent" damage is a thing. I spent my life in the Navy doing electronics/ordnance in the air and on the ground. ESD gear is essential when you go inside a box full of electronics. That static will kill stuff eventually. Also, my only mods are non powered visual figurines and what not. I didn't even add pinstadiums to WOZ.
Best wishes.
r/
Mike

#12989 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I dont play my pins nearly as much as others here, but I have had hardly any issues with my WOZ and ive had it for several years at least now. Its an amazing machine.

#12990 11 months ago

For those who wants to know how Pin Stadiums Neo Atom Fusion look on a Willy Wonka LE, there you have it. I shot this video with my Iphone 12 a couple days ago. For those who are on the fence, this might help you decide. This, literally is a game change changer (pun intended).

#12991 11 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

For those who wants to know how Pin Stadiums Neo Atom Fusion look on a Willy Wonka LE, there you have it. I shot this video with my Iphone 12 a couple days ago. For those who are on the fence, this might help you decide. This, literally is a game change changer (pun intended).

Thats enough to give me a seizure lol.

#12992 11 months ago

Hard pass on those

#12993 11 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Thanks for sharing! Wonka is too dim and this certainly fixes that

#12994 11 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Pass ! It's a pinball not a Christmas tree plugged to Chernobyl

#12995 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats enough to give me a seizure lol.

The footage where the flasher effects "goes crazy" is NOT in-game, it's only present when the game is not played and I included it only for demo purposes.

The flash effect (in game) are extremely well integrated and add a lot to the global experience. They are not overdone by any means and no ... it doesn't look like a Christmas tree plugged to Chernobyl (in game) .

The real star here is the ambiant light added with the Pin Stadiums. Since the GI is lacking on Willy Wonka, this is literally a game changer and there is no going back, simply impossible to "unsee" it. Every colors now really pops and the ball is way easier to follow. Highly recommended.

#12996 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hard pass on those

i have the atoms and it keeps a consistent warm white on it. people tell me they enjoy it more with them.

i couldnt do the spastic color changing thing.

#12997 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

i have the atoms and it keeps a consistent warm white on it. people tell me they enjoy it more with them.
i couldnt do the spastic color changing thing.

Did the same as you, I adjusted the ambiant light to a warm/yellowish white ... damn, what a difference. Colors really pop and everything is highly visible now.

#12998 11 months ago

Ok, here I go again ... this video is an in-game demo only, there is no attract-mode footage like the previous demo video. You'll be able to see exactly how well it's integrated. There is no editing at all, just me filming my friend playing. So here is the Pin Stadiums Neo Atom Fusion in action while playing during 3 minutes. Enjoy.

#12999 11 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Ok, here I go again ... this video is an in-game demo only, there is no attract-mode footage like the previous demo video. You'll be able to see exactly how well it's integrated. There is no editing at all, just me filming my friend playing. So here is the Pin Stadiums Neo Atom Fusion in action while playing during 3 minutes. Enjoy.

whats the diff between atoms and atom fusion?

#13000 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

whats the diff between atoms and atom fusion?

The "Atom Fusion" is the same as the "Atom" regarding the general illumination lighting (most important function of the PS) and the UV + Glow effect.

The difference is that the Fusion add some great and well integrated flasher effect (3 colors in the case of Willy Wonka, red, blue and green).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/260 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.