IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 280.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

A lot of drains on left side . I put post where screw hole is but then balls get stuck there . Im assuming black cap can be taken off and a post put there ???[quoted image]

Just put the post without the rubber..

#1202 4 years ago

A lot of drains on left side . I put post where screw hole is but then balls get stuck there . Im assuming black cap can be taken off and a post put there ???[quoted image]

Same experience for me. I just removed the post and have been trying to "play better." COuld not easily pick out the black plug, didn't try very hard.

#1203 4 years ago

all i had to do on mine is raise back legs some to get balls to kick out[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. What a beautiful game!

#1204 4 years ago

Hi LE owners,

Can you give us your thoughts on the Wonkavator? Cool must have or ok?

Thank you
Mike

#1205 4 years ago

Some have moved the rubber from the post between the lanes (between the out lane and the sling) and moved it to the new post on the out lane. That's what I'll probably try first ... after i get my LE tomorrow.

#1206 4 years ago

all i had to do on mine is raise back legs some to get balls to kick out[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those pics are stunning. Looks like they added a clear plastic protector on the right wire form to keep the ball from flying out. I've seen that happen a few times on zaphX stream. Glad to see they've already added a fix.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Those pics are stunning. Looks like they added a clear plastic protector on the right wire form to keep the ball from flying out. I've seen that happen a few times on zaphx stream. Glad to see they've already added a fix.

Was that the one decapitating the poor Oompa Loompah?

Is the one on the left new also?

Nice to see those improvements!

Screenshot_20190724-145452_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190724-145452_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190724-145558_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190724-145558_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was that the one decapitating the poor Oompa Loompah?
Is the one on the left new also?
Nice to see those improvements![quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know about the one on the left as I don't have a standard to compare it to. I think the one on the right was the one taking out the Oompa Loompa, but also just causing crappy gameplay when you expect the ball to come safely to the right flipper and instead it starts bouncing all over the playfield. Looks like a good fix to the issue and easy to fix for people who don't have the plastic piece already.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Those pics are stunning. Looks like they added a clear plastic protector on the right wire form to keep the ball from flying out. I've seen that happen a few times on zaphx stream. Glad to see they've already added a fix.

Yeah, I hope they get this out to existing owners. I get a lot of air balls off of that ramp and it is just a matter of time. I even dialed down the flipper strength by 2, which is not an ideal long term fix (or a reliable solution).

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Yeah, I hope they get this out to existing owners. I get a lot of air balls off of that ramp and it is just a matter of time. I even dialed down the flipper strength by 2, which is not an ideal long term fix (or a reliable solution).

Yeah, I'm gonna need that plastic too. Too many air-balls already.

#1211 4 years ago

Damn those pictures of the LE are beautiful,Wonka>JP hands down Wonka the winner

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn those pictures of the LE are beautiful,Wonka>JP hands down Wonka the winner

Exactly, the callouts, sounds, lights and clips are incredible on Wonka. Unfortunately JP won't have them, but may still be in for a premium if it plays well.

#1213 4 years ago

Based on all the Stern boys, JP is going to be the best pinball ever. Do you think i should cancel my Wonka LE and get JP?

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Based on all the Stern boys, JP is going to be the best pinball ever. Do you think i should cancel my Wonka LE and get JP?

Have you played Wonka?

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I emailed them to find out, got this response. "There will be something available but it will take a few weeks from what I’ve been told.
Thanks Steve"

#1216 4 years ago

What’s with everyone posting my emails lately?

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Have you played Wonka?

Yes! Great game.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What’s with everyone posting my emails lately?

Stop posting Steve's messages. Maybe just describe info, not copy/paste.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes! Great game.

Cool man! You're getting an LE soon, yes?

I'd be curious how JP is, though I don't know if I'd jump in that direction either. Looks fun though, and maybe deeper than the last year of Stern games.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Stop posting Steve's messages. Maybe just describe info, not copy/paste.

Cool man! You're getting an LE soon, yes?
I'd be curious how JP is, though I don't know if I'd jump in that direction either. Looks fun though, and maybe deeper than the last year of Stern games.

To me the Wonkavator is worth the extra $.

#1220 4 years ago

Such a colourful and fun looking game. I'm sure it looks even better in person. I remember the first time I saw Dialed In in person, it looked so bright and colourful and took me right back to the first time I saw Funhouse in the arcade.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To me the Wonkavator is worth the extra $.

I guess I'd like to see it up close, to understand it a bit more.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess I'd like to see it up close,

The sparkle in the blue rails you have to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

LTG : )

DSC00040 (resized).JPGDSC00040 (resized).JPG
#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess I'd like to see it up close, to understand it a bit more.

Its not just the wonkavator that makes the le worth it but its the whole le package that does it for me. The wonkavator with all the rgb lighting and rgb flashers really adds a nice touch ...also the rules/code work better with that feature imo. What a beautiful pin with amazing layout.

#1224 4 years ago

It appears the Limited Edition has a "Big Points" label on the large insert under the gobstopper, but the Standard Edition does not. I think the SE needs a label of some kind as that large insert with no words/writing on it looks odd. Anyone come up with a mod or something else to dress up the large insert under the gobstopper on the SE?

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

It appears the Limited Edition has a "Big Points" label on the large insert under the gobstopper, but the Standard Edition does not. I think the SE needs a label of some kind as that large insert with no words/writing on it looks odd. Anyone come up with a mod or something else to dress up the large insert under the gobstopper on the SE?

I wondered about that, it really does look quite bare. I guess it's an SE nerf, and one I can certainly live with.

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

In the pictures on the previous page, there's no text on that insert. The prototype had that, but I don't know that it's on the LEs.

#1227 4 years ago

It has big points.

581F2438-FD80-4DF3-9435-048080D01E3A (resized).jpeg581F2438-FD80-4DF3-9435-048080D01E3A (resized).jpeg
#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It has big points.[quoted image]

God that's pretty.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

God that's pretty.

Does the LE have RGB GI like POTC did? That looks so much more pink and red than my SE.

Come on CE's, ship already!

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It has big points.[quoted image]

That's the prototype picture from TWIP. The wire forms are not blue. The border colors on the mode inserts are wrong too. If you look at the pics on the previous page of the LE machine that was delivered this week, it doesn't have the text.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the LE have RGB GI like POTC did? That looks so much more pink and red than my SE.
Come on CE's, ship already!

Having that Wonkavator in the back corner is huge. The SE is just so, empty back there.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Having that Wonkavator in the back corner is huge. The SE is just so, empty back there.

I've got a couple hundred games in already on my SE, and I don't miss it one bit.

I'll be purchasing a shaker, volume control & headphone jack, and some kind of wonkavator replacement toy for the upper left corner. The other $1500? I'll pocket it towards my next JJP pin

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I've got a couple hundred games in already on my SE, and I don't miss it one bit.
I'll be purchasing a shaker, volume control & headphone jack, and some kind of wonkavator replacement toy for the upper left corner. The other $1500? I'll pocket it towards my next JJP pin

My shaker motor is on the way now. The price of the SE fit my budget and I am very happy with it. One interesting thing about Super Lock and Wonkavator multiball on the SE is that not having the game wait for a physical lock actually makes for better/ faster flow. The game registers the lock and keeps right on going. I have had multiple games where I actually managed all 3 Wonkavator locks in a single game, and I am not particularly great at this (or any other) pin.

I am watching what the modders come up with and maybe one day I will add something to the back corner where the LE/CE physical lock is. Nothing currently out there is doing it for me and I am in no rush.

#1234 4 years ago

I'm interested in the volume/headphone jack also, is that available on the site yet?

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

My shaker motor is on the way now. The price of the SE fit my budget and I am very happy with it. One interesting thing about Super Lock and Wonkavator multiball on the SE is that not having the game wait for a physical lock actually makes for better/ faster flow. The game registers the lock and keeps right on going. I have had multiple games where I actually managed all 3 Wonkavator locks in a single game, and I am not particularly great at this (or any other) pin.

Yeah! I end up grabbing 2 or 3 jackpots before the multiball has even started. It did occur to me that the LE/CE will sit on the ball and make you wait.

#1236 4 years ago

You think someone in the modding community is going to create a fully functioning physical ball lock?!? That's some serious optimism right there.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You think someone in the modding community is going to create a fully functioning physical ball lock?!? That's some serious optimism right there.

Not likely. I'd be happy with an "out-of-the-field" toy that eats up the empty space.

#1238 4 years ago

Not likely. I'd be happy with an "out-of-the-field" toy that eats up the empty space.

That huge flat piece of plastic is just begging for something interesting.

#1239 4 years ago

I don't know. I'd rather pay the extra money for the blue instead of black, Wonkavator, and all the other add-ons already assembled.

Also good to wait for all the SE owners to find all the bugs that will be fixed before I get mine.

Patience.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I don't know. I'd rather pay the extra money for the blue instead of black, Wonkavator, and all the other add-ons already assembled.
Also good to wait for all the SE owners to find all the bugs that will be fixed before I get mine.
Patience.

But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!

This is essentially Pinside in a nutshell!

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wondered about that, it really does look quite bare. I guess it's an SE nerf, and one I can certainly live with.

I just made this with my Brother P touch label maker in clear tape. It has a candy wrapper frame around it.
20190725_201128 (resized).jpg20190725_201128 (resized).jpg

#1243 4 years ago

Hello All,

Now that some of you have gotten your hands on Wonka, how do you feel about it compared with the favorite machine in YOUR collection?

Thoughts and the other pins name please. Your other favorite pin gives us a bit of insight into your thoughts on Wonka perhaps?

Thanks!
Mike

#1244 4 years ago

Woooohoooo!! Joined the club today. Lots to talk about. I've played the standard several times at locations … I really like the extra bling and wonkavator. But … when I got a 5 ball kid multiball, it stole one ball from the wonkavator, then I had to re-lock the second wonkavator ball again. Does that happen with a standard?

They had a larger pallet for it (cost more for shipping now because of that), but it slipped to one side of the pallet. No biggy, but FYI for JJP people.
20190725_152003 (resized).jpg20190725_152003 (resized).jpg

The indicator showed it wasn't tipped though …
20190725_152009 (resized).jpg20190725_152009 (resized).jpg

The legs were packed 100% better on top with some cushioned triangular shaped separators. Good packing change there ...
20190725_152130 (resized).jpg20190725_152130 (resized).jpg20190725_152615 (resized).jpg20190725_152615 (resized).jpg

The bottom is plywood with some cushions with some grooves in it. Likely helps with it moving around.
20190725_152802 (resized).jpg20190725_152802 (resized).jpg20190725_160718 (resized).jpg20190725_160718 (resized).jpg

FYI - There's more pieces of foam than what is in the instructions. One was under the ramp and not sure the purpose of that one. Glad they are protecting things though - nothing broken
20190725_161328 (resized).jpg20190725_161328 (resized).jpg
One issue to look out for that I found … the screws under the lock down bar were too high and the glass hit it when trying to remove the glass. Check this before you remove it for the first time. Also … the Invisiglass logo was facing down toward the playfield, yet the "made in America" sticker was facing up. I was told by LTG a few years ago (for a different pin) that the logo should be read facing up. Has this changed? Curious, because it matters (or mattered before).
20190725_161439 (resized).jpg20190725_161439 (resized).jpg

Not listed in the instructions is that this packing material screwed to the back of the cabinet should come off.
Keep it in case you ever sell it or move it.
20190725_162151 (resized).jpg20190725_162151 (resized).jpg
New piece (fix) has been added to the end of the trough! The ball will not get stuck (I tried it) and will not fall through into the cabinet like previously reported. Nice fix JJP!
20190725_162358 (resized).jpg20190725_162358 (resized).jpg

Anyone know where I can buy a Wonka blanket? LOL
20190725_170304 (resized).jpg20190725_170304 (resized).jpg

All 5! We love them all!
20190725_170641 (resized).jpg20190725_170641 (resized).jpg

FYI - pallet size difference. JJPOTC arrived on the smaller one and Wonka arrived on the larger one.
20190725_172045 (resized).jpg20190725_172045 (resized).jpg

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woooohoooo!! Joined the club today. Lots to talk about. Will upload photos first, then come back and edit/describe some stuff. Revisit this post until this sentence is deleted as I will add as I go. I've played the standard several times at locations … I really like the extra bling and wonkavator. But … when I got a 5 ball kid multiball, it stole one ball from the wonkavator, then I had to re-lock the second ball again. Does that happen with a standard.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

Also, that new metal piece on the back of the ball trough is the sexiest pic I've seen in this thread yet.

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Congratulations!
Also, that new metal piece on the back of the ball trough is the sexiest pic I've seen in this thread yet.

Yes! Glad improvements are being made as issues arise! Good work JJP!

#1247 4 years ago

Yesssss! Keep those LE pics coming! This game looks great with the LE package, can't wait to see the CE!

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

All 5! We love them all!

Very cool.

#1249 4 years ago

More LE pics please.

#1250 4 years ago

Sweeeeet!

EDIT: I shouldn't be jealous..but I am Grats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,000 (OBO)
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/25?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.