IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 280.
#12901 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Is le wonka worth it over a dialed in le that might cost 3k less?

I own both. I really like both. I think 3k is probably a fair spread for the two. But having said that - I think that illustrates how good of a value Dialed In is.

#12902 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Gee, you may be the only one that can answer that. Have you played both? Dialed In is a great game too. For me, I have an aversion to the theme, so it’s Wonka all the way. But this is a very personal take.

#12903 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Looking at market place archives. Yes

#12904 1 year ago

I’m currently running Version 1.39
Is it worth updating to newest version 2.03?
Up to this point I’ve done updates with a thumb drive.How can I update my SE to go WI-FI?

#12905 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

For me Wonka games can be fairly long. Not as long as Godzilla, but longer than 90s classics. It’s fairly deep. Games can be 10 min up to 30 or 45 in extreme cases. As for the multiballs: it’s nothing like GnR. Multiballs are earned. And multiballs and modes can stack up nicely until it feels like all hell is breaking loose. But it’s always clear in your mind what’s going on and why. It reminds me of TSPP in that way. Fantastic game.

Agree that MBs are earned but it can play a little long. My game never has had the pop bumper drains though

#12906 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Gee, you may be the only one that can answer that. Have you played both? Dialed In is a great game too. For me, I have an aversion to the theme, so it’s Wonka all the way. But this is a very personal take.

Nah I have to watch video & ask questions since I'm hours from any city that has new games. The few people I know in my area with games all have older stuff.

#12907 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Nah I have to watch video & ask questions since I'm hours from any city that has new games. The few people I know in my area with games all have older stuff.

I have a Wonka and I had a DI until just recently and sold it to finance my GnR.I don’t think any of the many games mesmerized me a much as DI did initially and it had some serious staying power!Up to that point all I had was mostly Bally/Williams games and DI was a modern continuation of them in my opinion!Wonka is fast and fun but it’s too bad you can’t try both.I recommend you grab a friend and go on a road trip to a good barcade!

#12908 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I own both and I love them both. Dialed In is the best value you can get for your money, it has a ton of modes, the code is straightforward but more than anything it's a joy to shoot. I actually think it shoots better than Wonka but Wonka has more depth and a great theme.

#12909 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m currently running Version 1.39
Is it worth updating to newest version 2.03?
Up to this point I’ve done updates with a thumb drive.How can I update my SE to go WI-FI?

VERY worth it. 2.x brings balance and difficulty improvements across the board. It is a much more enjoyable game.

#12910 1 year ago

I own both games as well and i prefer dialed in. Its such an incredible game. To me its the best jjp game. It just doesnt get old to me. The shots are great, the modes, the attacks that mess with your flipper. Its all great. And helps that right now its a great value

#12911 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I own both games as well and i prefer dialed in. Its such an incredible game. To me its the best jjp game. It just doesnt get old to me. The shots are great, the modes, the attacks that mess with your flipper. Its all great. And helps that right now its a great value

I also like a challenge & quicker games. Which would you say wins in that category?

#12912 1 year ago

To me they are about the same difficulty and game time.

#12913 1 year ago

I’ve only played dialed in handful of times and it was a blast. I don’t know the depth of the code form experience, but I’ve heard getting the SIM cards is a total bitch… this sounds similar how it is getting the golden tickets.

For sure Dialed In has value factor involved, but is it similar enough to suggest not to have both in a small lineup?

They are designed by the same man.

#12914 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For sure Dialed In has value factor involved, but is it similar enough to suggest not to have both in a small lineup?
They are designed by the same man.

I understand why you might say this, but they are super duper very different games. Other than having a floaty JJP feel and sweet blue colors.

#12915 1 year ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Just hold the start button for a couple seconds. This will end current game/games and start a new.

I never knew this. Thank you!

#12916 1 year ago

I owned both dialed in and wonka. I preferred wonka by a mile but unfortunately I let wonka go to fund a minty WOZ.

#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I owned both dialed in and wonka. I preferred wonka by a mile but unfortunately I let wonka go to fund a minty WOZ.

I went the other way, I sold a mint WOZ to buy a Wonka. And I don't regret it at all.

#12918 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Quoted from adol75:

I went the other way, I sold a mint WOZ to buy a Wonka. And I don't regret it at all.

I get the sense that if you like Wonka or other JJP games you really need to take a stab at WOZ. Go back to where it all began. I've played WOZ a handful of times at Locations and of course never got into it.

Maybe one day I will bring one home. For now, enjoying Wonka. Still have not gotten 5 tickets, but its only been 7 months or so.

#12919 1 year ago

My Oompa took a face plant. I'm thinking just superglue it back on to the camera but I thought I should check here first. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12920 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

My Oompa took a face plant. I'm thinking just superglue it back on to the camera but I thought I should check here first. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve?
[quoted image]

I used super glue to fix mine when it came apart. At first I thought the Oompa snapped off, and then quickly realized the original glue just gave out.

#12921 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

That’s funny. I will own wonka again without a doubt. However I am grateful that I was able to lockdown my WOZ. WOZ is amazing and I doubt they will ever make anything as loaded ever again.

#12922 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I get the sense that if you like Wonka or other JJP games you really need to take a stab at WOZ. Go back to where it all began. I've played WOZ a handful of times at Locations and of course never got into it.
Maybe one day I will bring one home. For now, enjoying Wonka. Still have not gotten 5 tickets, but its only been 7 months or so.

I agree. WOZ Is a must try if you are a JJP fan. Between Wonka and WOZ it’s difficult for me to declare a winner. I personally love the 4 JJP games I have owned.

#12923 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

That’s funny. I will own wonka again without a doubt. However I am grateful that I was able to lockdown my WOZ. WOZ is amazing and I doubt they will ever make anything as loaded ever again.

Oh that's for sure, it will never happen again. I put about 2000 plays on mine in 4 years before selling it, I did enjoy that game a lot.

I think my real problem was that I sucked at it badly, there was so much to do that I could never do that I ended up getting frustrated.

So WOZ left my house not because I didn't like him but because he didn't like me !

#12924 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

VERY worth it. 2.x brings balance and difficulty improvements across the board. It is a much more enjoyable game.

To take SE to Wi-FI capabilities I need to add an adapter to dongle.
Has anyone tried this combo wi-fi Bluetooth adapter.I know this is not the recommended adapter but I have one on hand.It didn’t work!
Ordering the right one

C9AC8B00-9EF5-487E-BA53-47BA0FCB8F23 (resized).jpegC9AC8B00-9EF5-487E-BA53-47BA0FCB8F23 (resized).jpeg

#12925 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

Mine took damage just days from unboxing. I created a warranty claim for a replacement sculpture, which I kept in the box. The original is still hanging tough, though his feet are missing some toes chipped out

#12926 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Mine took damage just days from unboxing. I created a warranty claim for a replacement sculpture, which I kept in the box. The original is still hanging tough, though his feet are missing some toes chipped out

I ended up super gluing it back on. After a few games, so far so good, but time will tell.

#12927 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I ended up super gluing it back on. After a few games, so far so good, but time will tell.

Does your game have the airball plastic on top of the right wireform?

#12928 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does your game have the airball plastic on top of the right wireform?

Yes, it does have that. I didn't see when the ball fatally struck the oompa loompa so not sure how it occurred. I even have ulekstore mod to help protect that area. My guess is an odd bounce going up the left ramp.

#12929 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

To take SE to Wi-FI capabilities I need to add an adapter to dongle.
Has anyone tried this combo wi-fi Bluetooth adapter.I know this is not the recommended adapter but I have one on hand.It didn’t work!
Ordering the right one
[quoted image]

After ordering the one JJP and LTG recommended it was smooth as silk and I jumped from 1.38 to 2.3 in 60 seconds

#12930 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that I finally updated playing Wonka has a somewhat new feel.
Is there an agreed upon list of game settings to maximize game?

#12931 1 year ago

In response I would select in menu random golden tickets awarded then you don't always get oompa loopa odyssey. Also kids carry over if ball is lost.

#12932 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

In response I would select in menu random golden tickets awarded then you don't always get oompa loopa odyssey. Also kids carry over if ball is lost.

Thank you sir!Any other setting included flipper settings,led screen settings or game options?

#12933 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thank you sir!Any other setting included flipper settings,led screen settings or game options?

Personally, I would make the golden ticket requirement for Wonkavator multiball 1 super jackpot instead of 2. I can't tell you how many times I've been at four golden tickets and go into Wonkavator multiball and don't collect that second super jackpot. Then re-qualifying the mode is a huge pain in the butt and just not fun.

#12934 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Personally, I would make the golden ticket requirement for Wonkavator multiball 1 super jackpot instead of 2. I can't tell you how many times I've been at four golden tickets and go into Wonkavator multiball and don't collect that second super jackpot. Then re-qualifying the mode is a huge pain in the butt and just not fun.

Very good suggestion. I've had "4 1/2" tickets this way more times that I can count. I stubbornly leave the settings at default just to torture myself. In earlier code versions, I believe the Wonkavator golden ticket requirement was three supers which is kind of nuts!

#12935 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Try focusing on getting Wonkavator ticket first. You may get gum ball and factory on the way. But if you can start making progress on Wonkavator early in the game your chances will go up. You can do it over several multiballs if you just make progress each one. If you light the Gobstopper in one mb, it will still be lit the next time for example. And yeah it does get harder to start the mb each time so if you haven’t done it in 3 or 4 of them, it gets very difficult.

PS - study all the ways to light super lock (there’s several) and focus on those to get those Wonkavator mbs started. When it gets harder to start (factory modes have dried up) you can focus on getting super locks from the computer award. Every time you collect computer award, or hit the green target to the right of the camera ramp, a new computer award is cycled in. Focus on those two shots, keep cycling computer awards, and super locks will come along soon enough.

#12936 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I NEVER set my pins to an easier ruleset like this...but I think I'm going to do this. I've got that 5th Golden Ticket once in 1200 games. I think it's time to "splurge" and make it every 200 games.

#12937 1 year ago

Hey,
Anybody knows how to remove these caps from the topper?
Thanks

1B980D15-0F58-4BAA-AF19-FB0287618BF7 (resized).jpeg1B980D15-0F58-4BAA-AF19-FB0287618BF7 (resized).jpeg
#12938 1 year ago
Quoted from max_pinball:

Anybody knows how to remove these caps from the topper?

Slip a thin screwdriver under the wide part on the right side of your picture. Pry up and gently twist and turn the rubber plug out.

LTG : )

#12939 1 year ago

Sadly I left the club today, traded my LE for a Bond 60. But hope to pick up a CE soon as Wonka is my favorite game.

#12940 1 year ago

Hey guys - my shooter rod is now rubbing against the box thing above it and causing the power of the plunge to really take a dive. The c ring that holds the flipper spring in place is what is rubbing against it. Has anyone seen this and if so how did you resolve? Right now if I manually rotate the shooter rod so the bottom of that c ring is flat and therefore not touching the box thing above it, the plunge works but that’s not a great solution! I checked the mech itself looks good…..

Pic attached below - you can see where the friction occurs….

IMG_2403 (resized).jpegIMG_2403 (resized).jpeg
#12941 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey guys - my shooter rod is now rubbing against the box thing above it and causing the power of the plunge to really take a dive. The c ring that holds the flipper spring in place is what is rubbing against it. Has anyone seen this and if so how did you resolve? Right now if I manually rotate the shooter rod so the bottom of that c ring is flat and therefore not touching the box thing above it, the plunge works but that’s not a great solution! I checked the mech itself looks good…..
[quoted image]

I put a small piece of adhesive felt under the playfield where that auto shooter metal piece contacts the bottom of the playfield. This causes it to hinge/tilt forward a tad while at rest which was enough to provide clearance for the e clip.

#12942 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Loosen bolts that hold shooter bezel to the cabinet, move shooter bezel down a hair until the plunger and auto launch mech clears. Retighten. I had this happen too.

#12943 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Loosen bolts that hold shooter bezel to the cabinet, move shooter bezel down a hair until the plunger and auto launch mech clears. Retighten. I had this happen too.

@smalltownguy2’s suggestion is exactly what worked for me when I had a similar issue. I really didn’t have to move it down much at all so hopefully you’ll have some play in there to move it.

#12944 1 year ago

I can't hit the spinner from the upper left flipper even if my life depended on it. Most of the shots seem to hit the tip of the upper right flipper.
I've tried everything but it just seems like the geometry is off?

Any tips? I'm not a great player but it seems like a shot I should be able to make and watching gameplay vids people seem to make it easily.

#12945 1 year ago

I have a paid in full Scooby doo CE plus the back alley mod suite that’s shipping next month I’m looking to trade toward a CE or maybe an LE PM me if interested. Thanks

#12946 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I can't hit the spinner from the upper left flipper even if my life depended on it. Most of the shots seem to hit the tip of the upper right flipper.
Any tips? I'm not a great player but it seems like a shot I should be able to make and watching gameplay vids people seem to make it easily.

First thing I would recommend is to make sure your game is level and pitch is around 6.5. A digital level is preferred when doing this. Then just practice, it's an early flip from the upper left flipper soon after it leaves the magnet. If you let it get to far down that upper left flipper you will brick it or hit the gum targets.

#12947 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I agree. WOZ Is a must try if you are a JJP fan. Between Wonka and WOZ it’s difficult for me to declare a winner. I personally love the 4 JJP games I have owned.

WOZ is the greatest game of all time, IMO. Mine plays amazing - flippers are snappy… plays hard and fast. I love it. Can’t imagine ever letting it go. Owned it for 9 years

#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I was having a similar issue with my Rollercoaster Tycoon. Here's what I recommend: Try making that shot TOO early, so that it immediately fails to launch. Then start making it later and later until the ball actually makes it to the other side of the playfield. If it's still low, something needs to be adjusted. For me, I was just making the shot too late despite being 100% confident the flipper wasn't functioning properly.

Always beware 100% confidence!

#12949 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Quoted from arcyallen:

I was having a similar issue with my Rollercoaster Tycoon. Here's what I recommend: Try making that shot TOO early, so that it immediately fails to launch. Then start making it later and later until the ball actually makes it to the other side of the playfield. If it's still low, something needs to be adjusted. For me, I was just making the shot too late despite being 100% confident the flipper wasn't functioning properly.
Always beware 100% confidence!

Yep, it is definitely a shot you want to take earlier (higher up on the flipper) than what you think. Once you find out, though, it will become fairly routine to make.

#12950 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Yep, it is definitely a shot you want to take earlier (higher up on the flipper) than what you think. Once you find out, though, it will become fairly routine to make.

Agree 100%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/259 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.