IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,948 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 279.
#12451 1 year ago

So after a few days of playing, I’m absolutely loving this game. Thanks to so many folks for sharing their thoughts on this game, especially to zaphX and his video overview. If anyone is one the fence, this is really a fabulous game. I feel like it complements my POTC and GNR pefectly as they all play so differently.

One thing I recently noticed is that sometimes when I get a really clean shot under the Wonkavision, the ball actually comes out of the scoop to the upper flipper. Has anyone else seen that and if there is a way to reduce that so it will sit in there proper? It has started to happen a little more regularly as I get better. There is no cliffy at this time (still not sure I’m going to put one in yet). Thanks!

#12452 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

So after a few days of playing, I’m absolutely loving this game. Thanks to so many folks for sharing their thoughts on this game, especially to zaphX and his video overview. If anyone is one the fence, this is really a fabulous game. I feel like it complements my POTC and GNR pefectly as they all play so differently.
One thing I recently noticed is that sometimes when I get a really clean shot under the Wonkavision, the ball actually comes out of the scoop to the upper flipper. Has anyone else seen that and if there is a way to reduce that so it will sit in there proper? It has started to happen a little more regularly as I get better. There is no cliffy at this time (still not sure I’m going to put one in yet). Thanks!

You might need to lower your flipper power? It happens to me once in a while, but not enough where I feel like something's wrong.

#12453 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

You might need to lower your flipper power? It happens to me once in a while, but not enough where I feel like something's wrong.

You get an award for being the first person to ever recommend turning the flipper power DOWN on a JJP!

And yeah, the same happens to me on occasion too. I don't think it's a problem.

#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

You get an award for being the first person to ever recommend turning the flipper power DOWN on a JJP!
And yeah, the same happens to me on occasion too. I don't think it's a problem.

Agree. My first thought: Adjust how hard you flip the pinball. Gotta find that sweet spot, not adjust the setting to the flipper power.

#12455 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I was thinking that might be the case because I don’t recall seeing or reading any “fix” for it. It makes sense because isn’t really an issue. I might turn the power down just a bit to prevent a few air balls I was experiencing too. Need to protect that Oompa Loompa sculpture since I was told that JJP has no more in stock.

#12456 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Thanks guys. I was thinking that might be the case because I don’t recall seeing or reading any “fix” for it. It makes sense because isn’t really an issue. I might turn the power down just a bit to prevent a few air balls I was experiencing too. Need to protect that Oompa Loompa sculpture since I was told that JJP has no more in stock.

If your machine has the clear plastic over the right wireform you should be ok

#12457 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If your machine has the clear plastic over the right wireform you should be ok

Love the chocolate bars mod though. It adds to the magic.

01F8E296-5936-46A9-AE72-87130646DB81 (resized).jpeg01F8E296-5936-46A9-AE72-87130646DB81 (resized).jpeg
#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

[quoted image]

ok

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

[quoted image]

I despise mine, it’s coming off. Hate not seeing the center ramp.

#12460 1 year ago

I put the Cliffy on around the kid multiball magnet (carbon fiber washer), and from time to time it traps the ball directly on top of the magnet.

Nudging sometimes frees it up, but I have to be pretty forceful and sometimes tilt.

When ball search engages/disengages the magnet, the ball comes loose. But that takes a while.

Whether nudging or waiting for ball search, the flow/timing of the game is interrupted.

Any fixes other than taking the Cliffy off?

#12461 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I put the Cliffy on around the kid multiball magnet (carbon fiber washer), and from time to time it traps the ball directly on top of the magnet.
Nudging sometimes frees it up, but I have to be pretty forceful and sometimes tilt.
When ball search engages/disengages the magnet, the ball comes loose. But that takes a while.
Whether nudging or waiting for ball search, the flow/timing of the game is interrupted.

If you are going to leave the cliffy on, consider increasing the pitch a bit and try to tackle the ball hang-up that way. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

#12462 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I would think perhaps you can raise the magnet slightly to not have it catch on the cliffy ring.

#12463 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I cut a small, round piece of mylar that goes over the magnet core. This reduced the height difference between the washer and the core, eliminating the problem on my machine.

#12464 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Common issue.

The magnet is off center from the ball drop, and one side of it gets banged flat over time, making a shelf for the ball to catch on.

Options:

1. Remove the magnet lug, grind it flat with something, reinstall
2. Buy a new lug from JJP part 11-100008-00 (Core, adjustable, .50 Dia coil magnet) - was $3.99 a few years ago.

I bought a half dozen of them.

#12465 1 year ago

I have a set of Pingrafix hologram art blades that arrived after I traded my game away, $75 + shipping or I can bring them to expo. PM me if interested-

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix

#12466 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Cleaned the optos and made sure all the connectors were reseated tightly. That seemed to do the trick. Appreciate your help LTG!

PM sent

#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have a set of Pingrafix hologram art blades that arrived after I traded my game away, $75 + shipping or I can bring them to expo. PM me if interested-
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix

Are these art blades thick like the JJP and Stern official ones, or flimsy like Tilt Graphics side blades?

#12468 1 year ago

Well as embarrassing as it is I finally made it to wonkas office for the first time. What a mode! Very cool and a lot of fun. This game is the gift that keeps on giving.

#12469 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Well as embarrassing as it is I finally made it to wonkas office for the first time. What a mode! Very cool and a lot of fun. This game is the gift that keeps on giving.

Well, did "you get nothing?" It is the only mode in pinball that makes me laugh, even if I lose.

#12470 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I remember getting to that and thinking "This is the Wizard Mode!!!" and then finishing and thinking I was a rock star for getting there despite totally blowing it. I was wrong on a couple counts there.

Now imagine how much more you have to experience!

#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Are these art blades thick like the JJP and Stern official ones, or flimsy like Tilt Graphics side blades?

Flimsy...

#12472 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

It took us -years-!

#12473 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Well, did "you get nothing?" It is the only mode in pinball that makes me laugh, even if I lose.

Lol yep that’s exactly what I got. I was so rattled by just getting there I blew it haha.

#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It took us -years-!

I have had it for 6 months. I knew the game was deep but I didn’t realize it’s this deep.

#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I remember getting to that and thinking "This is the Wizard Mode!!!" and then finishing and thinking I was a rock star for getting there despite totally blowing it. I was wrong on a couple counts there.
Now imagine how much more you have to experience!

I felt like a rockstar too lol. Also blew it. I am excited, I better get off pinside and back at it lol.

#12476 1 year ago

Thanks mostater Rager170 gorditas zaphX for the quick replies! Problem solved. This group is the best.

#12477 1 year ago

Does anyone sell the undercab RGB lighting for WW that is similar to TS4 thats integrated with the game??

#12478 1 year ago

Hello all. Is there a setting to increase the flipper strength? I haven’t found a setting similar to Stern machines unless I have overlooked it.

#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Hello all. Is there a setting to increase the flipper strength? I haven’t found a setting similar to Stern machines unless I have overlooked it.

Go into the Full Menu - Scroll down to Settings - Scroll down to coils. It's in there.

At Expo tell jjp to get LTG : ) Back !

#12480 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into the Full Menu - Scroll down to Settings - Scroll down to coils. It's in there.

At Expo tell jjp to get LTG : ) Back !

The coil settings go Trough - General - Flippers

#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The coil settings go Trough - General - Flippers

Page B-23 in the manual.

#12482 1 year ago

Hi All. I installed a pin woofer sound system. After install, it seems like I might have unplugged something that operates the front door and the start button. Could anyone point me to where to look on the CPU that this may plug into?

#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

After install, it seems like I might have unplugged something that operates the front door and the start button. Could anyone point me to where to look on the CPU that this may plug into?

Right inside the coin door on the left. Follow the coin door harness to the first connector involved. Unplug it, and shove back together real tight, pushing wires in on both sides.

LTG : )

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Hi All. I installed a pin woofer sound system. After install, it seems like I might have unplugged something that operates the front door and the start button. Could anyone point me to where to look on the CPU that this may plug into?

Page D-82 and D-83 in the manual has the dedicated connector issue for the I/O board.

You can download the manual for Willy Wonka from the jjp website.

Contact jjp and ask them to get LTG : ) Back !

#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Interesting, on 2.0 did you set your game settings to random award for first golden ticket?
If so the golden ticket can be Wonka Office, the Most Secret Machine or oompa loompa odyssey.

Then you see Wonkas office more frequently.

#12486 1 year ago

Remember when Wonka came out and people were disappointed and everyone was looking forward to Toy Story, and now Toy Story is out and everyone agrees that Wonka is a way, way better game?

I remember.

#12487 1 year ago

Found it. It was a cable on the board behind the monitor that had gotten unplugged. Thanks all for your responses. They really helped.

#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Remember when Wonka came out and people were disappointed and everyone was looking forward to Toy Story, and now Toy Story is out and everyone agrees that Wonka is a way, way better game?
I remember.

I’m glad I ended up buying Wonka LE recently instead of TS4 CE. Save $$$ in the process.

#12489 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I remember.

its the internet everyone complains. And pep ridge farms remembers!

#12490 1 year ago

I'm in the process of applying art blades to my WW. As it's a very tight fit, has anyone had luck removing the playfield? I've done that with my Stern games, as it's very simple. The JJP's seem a bit more complicated to remove. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I'm in the process of applying art blades to my WW. As it's a very tight fit, has anyone had luck removing the playfield? I've done that with my Stern games, as it's very simple. The JJP's seem a bit more complicated to remove. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I know this doesn’t directly answer your question but I was able to apply my art blades with the playfield left in and using the wet method to slide it in place. It took patience but found it easier than trying to figure out how to take out the playfield.

#12492 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

JJP playfield is just as easy as modern stern playfields to remove. They come straight out. Nothing like Bally Williams. But like above statement they are fairly easily applied with playfield upright. Spray a little soapy water on the decal and slide it on. Keep some towels in the cab for any drips. Squeegee excess water out from behind the decal and you’re good to go.

#12493 1 year ago

To date i have never finished Ompa Lompa Oddessy.

I seem to leave one shot frustrating but makes me want it more.

What happens after making the last shot?

#12494 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Super jackpot awarded and then it loops around again for more points IIRC. If you hadn't considered it (and I think this is advice I picked up from earlier in this thread) you should focus on the harder shots during the initial ball save, which is >ages< long during oompah loompah. I always go for the kid shot ASAP, and I am always ready to beat the auto-plunger with a short plunge either to the saucer or to fall back down for the camera ramp - stay out of the time wasting pops during the ball save!

#12495 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Interesting, on 2.0 did you set your game settings to random award for first golden ticket?
If so the golden ticket can be Wonka Office, the Most Secret Machine or oompa loompa odyssey.
Then you see Wonkas office more frequently.

Ahhh I just checked it. It was sent to no. So had to get 2 tickets to get to wonkas office

#12496 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I laid down thick towels over the side rails, got a couple of boards, and just lifted the playfield out and set it on top of the boards (no unplugging of cables needed). I then easily applied the art blades with the playfield out, I put felt "tape" around the edges of the playfield, and slid it right back in. Now I can lift the PF and not worry about scratching the blades. Yes many people will say not to so this, but mine has held up perfectly for almost two years.

#12497 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

To date i have never finished Ompa Lompa Oddessy.
I seem to leave one shot frustrating but makes me want it more.

Same here. I've been down to the last shot a couple times and never hit it.
I did, however, get the "Super Secret Skill Shot" for the first time this weekend, two games in a row as it turned out!

#12498 1 year ago

Thanks for all the responses concerning my art blades. I'm happy to say that we were able to apply them with the playfield still installed!

#12499 1 year ago

This was a fun one. Left flipper up the Gobstopper Ramp, whipped around and went airborne, catching right here. Tell me again about those weak JJP flippers?!

PXL_20221019_025606424 (resized).jpgPXL_20221019_025606424 (resized).jpg
#12500 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

This was a fun one. Left flipper up the Gobstopper Ramp, whipped around and went airborne, catching right here. Tell me again about those weak JJP flippers?!
[quoted image]

I never understood that critique. I have several classic Bally/Williams in the same room. Honestly can’t tell
any difference in the flippers with Wonka. Sure, I bumped up the power a bit. Can’t speak for other JJP’s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,948 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.