IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 280.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

They play way different imo and cant wait to have both in my collection

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Be sure to post some pics. You're going to love this machine!

Will do. Shipping company notification shows that I will likely get it around next Thursday. Time to re-arrange my pins and the room that they are in so that all of the JJP's are kept together. It just doesn't seem right to separate them. OCD, nerdy, whatever it is …

#1153 4 years ago

Thanks for input,are there players out there that have both DI & Wonka at home who could voice their opinion?Thanks

#1154 4 years ago

Still having trouble updating the code. In the menu i go to usb update correct? Im thinking i have a flash drive formatted wrong or moved the files wrong

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Still having trouble updating the code. In the menu i go to usb update correct? Im thinking i have a flash drive formatted wrong or moved the files wrong

Is the folder named "wonka_update" on the USB?

#1156 4 years ago

Got my new ball trough installed.. No ball wedging issues, all optos working correctly.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Got my new ball trough installed.. No ball wedging issues, all optos working correctly.

That is great news! Now, what's your best score?

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now, what's your best score?

I still suck, haven't quite cracked a million yet. My wife on the other hand has gotten just past a million like 3 times.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the folder named "wonka_update" on the USB?

Yes i believe it is. Inside that there are a bunch of other files

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I still suck, haven't quite cracked a million yet. My wife on the other hand has gotten just past a million like 3 times.

Yeah my wife started out strong on this title too.

#1161 4 years ago

Hi All,

Finally got to play WW standard edition last night, it's a pretty machine. I found it quite fun and played it about a dozen times before it got busy and there was a line waiting to play it. It's been on the floor for 2 weeks and just like our IM there is dimpling on the playfield which can only be seen if you look closely backward down the field. Very low scoring machine the high score was just 8 million and the daily high score was 1.4 million. I didn't break a million on any of my games. The skill shot is difficult to understand, that was the only real issue I had with it. Still on the top of my list for our next machine for sure.

Cheers!
Mike

#1162 4 years ago

For the new SE owners and the soon to be LE owners...

I've had mine for three weeks now. This past week was when we were really "getting" it. The rule set is very deep. There's a LOT of info on the screens, it's all about knowing what to look at.

Examples: if you have one Super Lock, the doors to the Wonkavator are halfway open. Two opens them fully. Lower right corner will show how many seconds are left in the particular modes you are in. Kids are on the left, they start sepia color. Collecting them turns them to full color, completing each kid lights a small avatar next to each of their pics. Gobstoppers that represent the Gobstopper Jackpots will appear in the center of the screen when earned. Wonkavision shows the hints to captive ball mystery rewards.

That's just off the top of my head, anything I'm missing, please let us know!

#1163 4 years ago

I have an LE on order. Are you using the JJP balls or upgrading to something else?

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have an LE on order. Are you using the JJP balls or upgrading to something else?

I seriously doubt that JJP is including some kind of substandard balls, I'd just replace them when the time comes. Since it's a new pinball you'll likely play it a lot, to begin with. Keep an eye on them and replace them in 6 months or sooner if you see signs of ware.

#1165 4 years ago

from yesterday, that Jack is a cool guy!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416744559123924/permalink/460254654772914?sfns=mo

Video of his speech and a pic.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1166 4 years ago

Went to Flippers Arcade in Grandy NC today. Only the second opportunity to play the game but it was a good series of games. Loving it and can not wait to receive my LE. Beat out all the current scores!

847F822D-85D0-4E87-B6C9-056A215DFA26 (resized).jpeg847F822D-85D0-4E87-B6C9-056A215DFA26 (resized).jpeg
#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Went to Flippers Arcade in Grandy NC today. Only the second opportunity to play the game but it was a good series of games. Loving it and can not wait to receive my LE. Beat out all the current scores![quoted image]

It figures that they would get it 2 weeks after I was there on vacation!

#1168 4 years ago

Seeing the photo of the Golden Tickets brings me to a question: Do they carry over? Can you collect them over several games?

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Seeing the photo of the Golden Tickets brings me to a question: Do they carry over? Can you collect them over several games?

Nope - the only thing that carries over is the Wonkavator super locks.

#1170 4 years ago

Anyone else get more than one ball spit out in the shooter lane? Sometimes I get two. Other times I get a random ball during play.

#1171 4 years ago

Anyone else get more than one ball spit out in the shooter lane? Sometimes I get two. Other times I get a random ball during play.

There's a trough test in the menu - use that to see if the optos behave properly when balls are there, not there, etc. (If your problem is intermittent, might try wiggling/slapping things on the trough to see if it works, then doesn't, etc.)

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There's a trough test in the menu - use that to see if the optos behave properly when balls are there, not there, etc. (If your problem is intermittent, might try wiggling/slapping things on the trough to see if it works, then doesn't, etc.)

Funny you should mention that. My daughter just shot me a text to tell me that she just received a "ball trough error" on-screen. I'm having her check the trough and reboot, and we'll see.

#1173 4 years ago

Pretty pumped. This just came today. Also was able to get the same number as my POTC LE!

38579CEA-ADB1-420D-809D-D77F9DE74CFD (resized).jpeg38579CEA-ADB1-420D-809D-D77F9DE74CFD (resized).jpeg
#1174 4 years ago

Hello All,

Do you think they will sell all 5000 LE's?

Cheers!
Mike

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,
Cheers!
Mike

I think the SE is so good it will cut into LE sales.
If they sell 5000 altogether that would be big fo JJP

#1176 4 years ago

hey wonka lovers and owners:

i have a Wonka SE. my upper left magnet (above the upper left flipper) is NOT working. so, the ball is not being grabbed when the kid multiball target is struck, and when the ramp diverter drops it onto the play field. this is a major bummer, as it affects several aspects of the game.

i have contacted JJP support, and now we seem to be at a dead end. there is continuity everywhere, the magnet is getting power (70v), the fuses are OK, all connections seem fine. i have traced the wires back to the IO board, and no connections are off, or loose. in the test, the magnet will NOT fire at all; it will not grab the ball. it seems as if there is no command being sent to the board to fire the magnet.

any ideas or suggestions would be awesome. I am at the end of my rope.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i have a Wonka SE. my upper left magnet (above the upper left flipper) is NOT working. so, the ball is not being grabbed when the kid multiball target is struck, and when the ramp diverter drops it onto the play field. this is a major bummer, as it affects several aspects of the game.
i have contacted JJP support, and now we seem to be at a dead end. there is continuity everywhere, the magnet is getting power (70v), the fuses are OK, all connections seem fine. i have traced the wires back to the IO board, and no connections are off, or loose. in the test, the magnet will NOT fire at all; it will not grab the ball. it seems as if there is no command being sent to the board to fire the magnet.

Add it to the list of reasons why I won't pay $7500 to be a game tester. I absolutely love JJP games, but I'm perfectly fine waiting a while for a later build game that has all these glitches worked out and a later, more fleshed out code on top of that.

Patience is key!

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think the SE is so good it will cut into LE sales.
If they sell 5000 altogether that would be big fo JJP

romulusx I agree, I played the SE..did not feel like I was missing much (not having played an LE). Played the standard version of Iron Maiden, I did miss the features on that compared to the premium. It was missing 3 things vs just one on WW.

Thanks! We just got Iron Maiden and it's going to take a while before the 'boss' will authorize more money for another new pin so soon.

Cheers!
Mike

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,

Not a chance, certainly not during the initial license period

#1180 4 years ago

Yeah, I don't think you have to have a sense of urgency, if you're wanting an LE. I'll probably wait a year or 2 before I get one, at this point.

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, I don't think you have to have a sense of urgency, if you're wanting an LE. I'll probably wait a year or 2 before I get one, at this point.

Thanks for the replies all. Glad to hear we don't have to worry about getting one asap!

Cheers,
Mike

#1182 4 years ago

I have 8 of these signed posters left over from Pintastic this year. Only 36 were ever made. Don't miss your chance to get one. PM me for details. SOLD OUT THANKS
poster2 (resized).jpgposter2 (resized).jpg

#1183 4 years ago

Do the playfield magnets fling the balls around a lot?

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do the playfield magnets fling the balls around a lot?

Yes! They seem to activate mosty in multiballs for me, and they definitely throw surprising yanks on the ball.

#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

surprising yanks on the ball

OUCH!

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have 8 of these signed posters left over from Pintastic this year. Only 36 were ever made. Don't miss your chance to get one. PM me for details.[quoted image]

PM sent!

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Pretty pumped. This just came today. Also was able to get the same number as my POTC LE![quoted image]

Must see pics when it’s set up!

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Really sucks. Sorry to hear.
If you are 100% sure, there are NO connection issue, voltage or relay. It gets voltage? But it doesn't get signal to turn on voltage, even from The board?
If you are not sure, try(if possible) to connect that magnet to Another magnet controller.

If all that works, maybe try a reinstall?

Sorry that might have been confusing. If there is a coupling scheme added try to change coupling on the controller with Another magnet. If the other magnet during test isnt working it's something wrong with the controller/board.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Must see pics when it’s set up!

Here you go. I set it up late last night so I only have about 5 games on it. I had to attach the connectors for the start switch but everything else seems to work fine. Looking forward to getting some more time on this tonight.

74EA875A-D601-4C8E-ABDC-2436E6517672 (resized).jpeg74EA875A-D601-4C8E-ABDC-2436E6517672 (resized).jpegA390ABA6-3E95-4827-B8DC-FDFFC09DD142 (resized).jpegA390ABA6-3E95-4827-B8DC-FDFFC09DD142 (resized).jpegB3684D93-4D5D-485C-9C11-B7C88A7B2F71 (resized).jpegB3684D93-4D5D-485C-9C11-B7C88A7B2F71 (resized).jpegFCF8E7C3-A405-4DB0-83EB-2B69DFAF4E06 (resized).jpegFCF8E7C3-A405-4DB0-83EB-2B69DFAF4E06 (resized).jpeg
#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Here you go. I set it up late last night so I only have about 5 games on it. I had to attach the connectors for the start switch but everything else seems to work fine. Looking forward to getting some more time on this tonight.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#1192 4 years ago

I encountered a weird bug/ crash last night. My wife and I were playing a 2 player game and she was up. She hit the 2nd Super Lock (Wonkavator) and as soon as the screen came up, the audio got slow and choppy, then cut. The screen remained frozen and then the playfield started to follow suit. The light show slowed down and the Gobstopper slowly stopped spinning until eventually everything was frozen (the flippers were still working but no target hits were registering).

Rebooting the game cleared it, but this is the first time I've had the pinball equivalent of a BSOD. Anyone ever seen something similar? This is 1.09SE by the way.

EDIT/Update: I submitted the bug report to JJP Support on this.

#1193 4 years ago

My ball trough opto is malfunctioning. Switch test shows the "stuck ball switch" intermittently showing closed/open/closed/open. This is causing the game to trigger the coil at the end of the trough, pushing a ball into the shooter lane. Then the launcher shoots it into play. This is happening pretty much continuously now, until all 6 balls are launched out of the trough.

Speaking with tech support, I'm told that this is/was a known issue. Apparently to meet production demands for the timeframe from announcement to launch, JJP had to use an extra pcb builder to manufacture the opto boards because their current manufacturer wasn't capable of the increased production needed. The bad boards are supposedly coming from that builder. The malfunctioning opto boards were being fished out of the line (and replaced) as they failed, but some lasted long enough to make it out of the factory. Mine is one of those.

I'm being told that a replacement part is on the way. Here's hoping they send a good one?

#1194 4 years ago

My ball trough opto is malfunctioning. Switch test shows the "stuck ball switch" intermittently showing closed/open/closed/open. This is causing the game to trigger the coil at the end of the trough, pushing a ball into the shooter lane. Then the launcher shoots it into play. This is happening pretty much continuously now, until all 6 balls are launched out of the trough.
Speaking with tech support, I'm told that this is/was a known issue. Apparently to meet production demands for the timeframe from announcement to launch, JJP had to use an extra pcb builder to manufacture the opto boards because their current manufacturer wasn't capable of the increased production needed. The bad boards are supposedly coming from that builder. The malfunctioning opto boards were being fished out of the line (and replaced) as they failed, but some lasted long enough to make it out of the factory. Mine is one of those.
I'm being told that a replacement part is on the way. Here's hoping they send a good one?

Out of curiosity, what is the born-on date for your Wonka?

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Out of curiosity, what is the born-on date for your Wonka?

6/27/19. 105th game off the line.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I encountered a weird bug/ crash last night. My wife and I were playing a 2 player game and she was up. She hit the 2nd Super Lock (Wonkavator) and as soon as the screen came up, the audio got slow and choppy, then cut. The screen remained frozen and then the playfield started to follow suit. The light show slowed down and the Gobstopper slowly stopped spinning until eventually everything was frozen (the flippers were still working but no target hits were registering).
Rebooting the game cleared it, but this is the first time I've had the pinball equivalent of a BSOD. Anyone ever seen something similar? This is 1.09SE by the way.
EDIT/Update: I submitted the bug report to JJP Support on this.

I had a bug yesterday where the saucer just kept registering over and over, and did not eject the ball. Nothing was wrong with the ejector, as it kicked it out with ball search after I forced a tilt, and behaved properly thereafter.

I caught it on video and tweeted it to @JJPSoftware.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456541117

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a bug yesterday where the saucer just kept registering over and over, and did not eject the ball. Nothing was wrong with the ejector, as it kicked it out with ball search after I forced a tilt, and behaved properly thereafter.
I caught it on video and tweeted it to @JJPSoftware.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456541117

I downloaded the logs from the machine and sent them to JJP per their request.

Full Menu -> Utilities -> Dump Logs

#1198 4 years ago

6/27/19. 105th game off the line.

Same date as mine. I haven't had any issues with the trough optos (yet) thankfully. Trough itself used to throw balls down into the cabinet on drains until I fixed it with masking tape and a piece of packing material (yep). Waiting on word of an official fix on that one.

#1199 4 years ago

all i had to do on mine is raise back legs some to get balls to kick out

02F8CF4B-F395-4B06-AEDB-5240D4F5BA21 (resized).jpeg02F8CF4B-F395-4B06-AEDB-5240D4F5BA21 (resized).jpeg3C05081E-CA46-456C-B535-A76D9ED47778 (resized).jpeg3C05081E-CA46-456C-B535-A76D9ED47778 (resized).jpeg5F907C99-856C-456E-87B2-DCCD92827C7A (resized).jpeg5F907C99-856C-456E-87B2-DCCD92827C7A (resized).jpeg67614CF9-E26B-47BE-B421-CC0BD0D9AFB8 (resized).jpeg67614CF9-E26B-47BE-B421-CC0BD0D9AFB8 (resized).jpegB2EDB631-E9F7-458C-9A27-36F36198B7F0 (resized).jpegB2EDB631-E9F7-458C-9A27-36F36198B7F0 (resized).jpegE4129FC1-BAF4-44FB-9422-C5F0AB70CCA6 (resized).jpegE4129FC1-BAF4-44FB-9422-C5F0AB70CCA6 (resized).jpeg
#1200 4 years ago

A lot of drains on left side . I put post where screw hole is but then balls get stuck there . Im assuming black cap can be taken off and a post put there ???

8D41CD38-07C8-4F38-A25E-30AEF2DBD7FF (resized).jpeg8D41CD38-07C8-4F38-A25E-30AEF2DBD7FF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/24?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.