IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 279.
#12151 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The KO+ amplifier output is pro level, so it is "hot" compared to standard consumer level which is likely what you are looking for. So, we strongly recommend adding our Line Trimmer gadget which gives you control over the level sent to your streaming device input (same goes for an external sub). Start with the level out at zero and increase until you have a measured / clean input during your livestream.
You can use the master volume on the amp to turn down the level of the machine without affecting the level to your streaming device (because the amplifier ouput is derived from the preamp, but the master volume controls the game level only).
If you want to substitute the 12ft cable out from TRS to RCA, to TRS to TRS, please make a note in your order or PM me so we know.
Below is the stand-alone item link with the complete write-up, but you can add it to your kit when you order and get a bit of a discount:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/
Great question!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d been meaning to ask (and still didn’t understand from this answer) why is the line trimmer a must with the external sub? I think I just ordered the line trimmer for my wonka kit, but I’ve got a spike kit that came with one of my pins where i attached the sub to the sub out on the card in the back box. Should I have done that differently?

#12152 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’d been meaning to ask (and still didn’t understand from this answer) why is the line trimmer a must with the external sub? I think I just ordered the line trimmer for my wonka kit, but I’ve got a spike kit that came with one of my pins where i attached the sub to the sub out on the card in the back box. Should I have done that differently?

Hey mstang01 - thanks for the question.

The SUB_OUT jack on the Spike-2 backbox line out board is consumer level. So, what you have described (for the Spike-2 machine you have acquired) is perfectly fine and works great if you jack into SUB_OUT as you have done. You are good to go on that machine.

What you ordered for Wonka is exactly what is recommended for JJP since there is no other sub output option inherent to the machine (attempting to "split" the motherboard output signal between more than one device creates a lot of attenuation and is not an option). Using the PinWoofer amplifier output, which is pro level / "hotter", requires the use of the line trimmer to avoid clipping / overdrive conditions (at high volumes) and it also allows for more fine control of the input level to an external device. The usable range of the ext sub volume control will be much greater as well.

Hope that helps - always happy to answer questions. Reach out any time.

As an aside, there is now enough drive on our amplifier output to split the signal in case guys want to get elaborate and run multiple external devices. For example, streaming, satellite speakers, external sub, etc. I have not tried splitting it more than once but that is a possibility. For now, let's say that it can be split once. So, if someone wants to run more than one line trimmer, that is a possibility. We plan to rev our TRS splitter board in the near future for this purpose.

#12153 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The first time I tried headphones on Wonka I was really impressed. People who crap on the sound for this game are deluded.

Quoted from zaphX:

Are there installation instructions for your kit somewhere? I'm really thinking about upgrayedding Wonka.

I find this confusing. In one reply, you are saying you think people who complain about the sound are deluded, but then a few posts later, you are interested in one.

The sound on this game was crap from the speakers. Even with the upgrades (pinwoofer amp and tweeters), there are several callouts that are of poor audio quality. I really wonder how they sourced the callouts from the movie.

#12154 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks, this helps me understand the kit better. It basically replaces the entire audio system from the PC output on.
I have a couple of questions:
1. I'd want the installation to be reversible for purists - is removing the grille under the old sub strictly required?
2. Can the amp be installed somewhere else, so the coin box can still be used?

I was very pleased with the pinwoofer “DIY” kit that is a direct replacement for the factory audio board in the backbox instead of addding a separate box with all the extra wires and connections. I also kept the factory sub. Great low cost, low profile, high impact option IMO.

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I find this confusing. In one reply, you are saying you think people who complain about the sound are deluded, but then a few posts later, you are interested in one.

I think were are confusing two issues.

1. The sound design (aka the "sounds like a slot machine" idiots)
2. The machine's sound quality_ which I do find lacking.

That is why I said that I was super impressed when I played it with headphones.
It sounds like I will also be super impressed with a pinwoofer setup.

#12156 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I've had guys say the speaker grille removal is unnecessary (they left it in) with no audible result during gameplay so perhaps removal is not required. If you do remove it, replacements are available so you might simply install a new one ($10-15).
-The cabinet speaker upgrade requires you to snip the wires and add new crimps for the upgraded speaker, but I would consider this reversable.
-The new tweeters have quick connects so 100% reversable.
-The original machine speaker wires are utilized with the PinWoofer kit, so they simply plug back to the factory amp card.
-The power board is easily removed.
So, I'd say 100% reversable without a trace.
You can mount the amp aft of the coin box fin. Keep in mind that the coin box might rattle a bit but there are things you can dream up to mitigate that.
Hope that helps!
Dan

I took my grille out and a 4-year-old boy went under the cabinet and decided the subwoofer was a giant button to push in with his foot. So yeah, I would leave the grille in lol.

#12157 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I really wonder how they sourced the callouts from the movie.

The movie was made over 50 years ago without the benefit of stereo or any kind of digital processing.
I expect the blu-ray has the same sound on the clips.

#12158 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok makes much more sense.

Funny, I actually love how it sounds like a "slot machine". I mean, it is a game after all..

#12159 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The movie was made over 50 years ago without the benefit of stereo or any kind of digital processing.
I expect the blu-ray has the same sound on the clips.

Funny, I have it on 4k but I have not thought to crank the volume of this movie on my home theater setup for obvious reasons hahaha.

This is interesting to know about the sound quality of that 4k release and says some thing about the audio quality in general for what has been released to the masses.

"Although labeled as a DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio mix (much like the previous Blu-rays) with no indication of any further restoration or remix efforts, it appears that this 4K's default audio offers an an improved surround presence and better bass response than the earlier version. It's still not a crystal-clear experience -- thanks to a few persistent problems with some of the original recordings, such as gauzy distortion and other signs of damage during a few song breaks -- but, for obvious reasons, this lossless track can be regarded as an overall improvement. However... once again, Warner Bros. has not included the original mono mix, one of their nasty audio habits that has persisted since the launch of the Blu-ray format. A simple one-channel track could have easily been added to the 4K's remaining disc space. "

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-4K-Blu-ray/284076/

#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

I was very pleased with the pinwoofer “DIY” kit that is a direct replacement for the factory audio board in the backbox instead of addding a separate box with all the extra wires and connections. I also kept the factory sub. Great low cost, low profile, high impact option IMO.

Same here. Am very happy with this setup. I dont even think I need an external sub in the future.. I did opt for the tweeter upgrades.

I know a lot of people out there have the mentality that the more bass the better, but its supposed to be balanced. This doesnt need to be discussed and we can call it personal preference.

#12161 1 year ago

Added a Willy Wonka to my collection yesterday. Wanted to share this with the group...

IMG_1953 (resized).JPGIMG_1953 (resized).JPGIMG_1956 (resized).JPGIMG_1956 (resized).JPG
#12162 1 year ago

Nice!

#12163 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Added a Willy Wonka to my collection yesterday. Wanted to share this with the group...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very …… very cool!

#12164 1 year ago

The last Wonka was made in January?

#12165 1 year ago

I have 2 nib that have manufactured date of 12/21

#12166 1 year ago

with all the talk, I've got my Pinwoofer setup coming for Wonka CE (and missed the discount code by about 12 hours)

I never really had issue with the sounds, but it is my favorite game, so why not give it what it deserves!

#12167 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Definitely agree with you Rager. If anyone has loaded the Wonka Scoop from Cliffy, would you mind chiming in and let us know what was your method?

Any luck installing the Cliffy scoop? Just got my set and this is the last one to install.... Any tips are appreciated - Thanks

#12168 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

I have 2 nib that have manufactured date of 12/21

Mine is also 12/21. I wonder if this is an official statement that Wonka production is done for good.

#12169 1 year ago
Quoted from heynonny:

Any luck installing the Cliffy scoop? Just got my set and this is the last one to install.... Any tips are appreciated - Thanks

I never tried. I figured if I saw any wear I would do it.

Anyone else?

#12170 1 year ago
Quoted from heynonny:

Not needed on Wonka. The lip to the gobstopper hole has an inlaid plastic and mylar on top of that. It does not wear.

Source: > 12,500 plays.

#12171 1 year ago
Quoted from heynonny:

I think the cliffy you are talking about installs behind the mini display? I looked at it a long time ago and decided not to install it. But I just installed some remaining cliffys on my fish tales yesterday, so I may look at this one again.

#12172 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you been following the DYI speaker upgrade thread? Very informative and interesting.

#12173 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not needed on Wonka. The lip to the gobstopper hole has an inlaid plastic and mylar on top of that. It does not wear.

Really? I dont think mine has that...

#12174 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty sure he was talking about the Wonkavision saucer hole...

#12175 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I think the cliffy you are talking about installs behind the mini display? I looked at it a long time ago and decided not to install it. But I just installed some remaining cliffys on my fish tales yesterday, so I may look at this one again.

Thats what I thought he was talking about. The Wonkavision saucer hole.

#12176 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I got one from cliffy because after 1500 plus it’s starting to wear a tiny bit. I went to install it and it’s nothing short of a pain in the ass. Lots of stuff has to come out. I passed for now haha

#12177 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ah. No idea if there's wear on that one nor do I care since it's tucked out of sight in the corner.

#12178 1 year ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I got one from cliffy because after 1500 plus it’s starting to wear a tiny bit. I went to install it and it’s nothing short of a pain in the ass. Lots of stuff has to come out. I passed for now haha

Thats why I never tried to put mine on..

#12179 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I wish that hole was deeper, I stopped counting how many times I do that shot and the ball rolls through the hole. Usually right when I need it badly !

#12180 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I never tried. I figured if I saw any wear I would do it.
Anyone else?

Same, got everything else in. That looks like a real but kicker but can’t be worse than removing the Black Pearl on POTC.

#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wish that hole was deeper, I stopped counting how many times I do that shot and the ball rolls through the hole. Usually right when I need it badly !

I have that problem too and its frustrating.

#12182 1 year ago
Quoted from heynonny:

I also went back and forth on whether to install the Wonkavision scoop Cliffy. It took removing all the surrounding plastics, removing/reinstalling a post or two, and loosening/removing some of the mountpoints for the display assembly. All told, probably about an hour or a little more from start to finish, moving slowly and carefully to not bump or tweak the display or its connectors (and taking some photos at a few points as I went to make it easier to reassemble - may or may not be useful, but pasted on this post).

I'm not sure if it is thanks to the Cliffy or not, but I rarely to never have issues with the ball flying through the saucer, though I have seen it once in a long while.

cliffy01.jpegcliffy01.jpegcliffy02.jpegcliffy02.jpegcliffy03.jpegcliffy03.jpegcliffy04.jpegcliffy04.jpegcliffy05.jpegcliffy05.jpeg
#12183 1 year ago

Does anyone have any insight to the ball getting kicked back out when you shoot the Oompa Loompa feature? It's the left shot under the Wonkavision. The ball goes in, and more often than not slowly rolls back out again. The flag appears to be working properly in test mode, it's not dragging, moves freely by hand and I have videos and pics if it's helpful. JJP was intermittent and is now silent about what the problem is. Their tech support has been pretty good so far, but now I'm starting to see some "slippage".

#12184 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Does anyone have any insight to the ball getting kicked back out when you shoot the Oompa Loompa feature? It's the left shot under the Wonkavision. The ball goes in, and more often than not slowly rolls back out again. The flag appears to be working properly in test mode, it's not dragging, moves freely by hand and I have videos and pics if it's helpful. JJP was intermittent and is now silent about what the problem is. Their tech support has been pretty good so far, but now I'm starting to see some "slippage".

I’ve had that happen occasionally too. I just figured I didn’t shoot it hard enough up the center loop to get to the diverter and up to the wonkavator. My diverter works fine when I do the right loop shot for super lock.

#12185 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the four rectangle lights leading up to the camera ramp signify? I’ve seen it do different light combos like 1 red and the other 3 off, 1 red 2 off and then 1 green, etc. No idea what it means though.

#12186 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

I also went back and forth on whether to install the Wonkavision scoop Cliffy. It took removing all the surrounding plastics, removing/reinstalling a post or two, and loosening/removing some of the mountpoints for the display assembly. All told, probably about an hour or a little more from start to finish, moving slowly and carefully to not bump or tweak the display or its connectors (and taking some photos at a few points as I went to make it easier to reassemble - may or may not be useful, but pasted on this post).
I'm not sure if it is thanks to the Cliffy or not, but I rarely to never have issues with the ball flying through the saucer, though I have seen it once in a long while.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the pictures and documentation. I did find it a little odd that the cliffy is for the non-visible part of the scoop, and that's why I never bothered to install it. But, I think I'll finally get around to it this weekend, maybe.

#12187 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thank you for the pictures and documentation. I did find it a little odd that the cliffy is for the non-visible part of the scoop, and that's why I never bothered to install it. But, I think I'll finally get around to it this weekend, maybe.

I'm a Cliffy fan but I'm struggling to see the benefit on this one.

#12188 1 year ago

I had a heater of a first ball. I thought for sure I was going to set a new high score.

Whole day wasted! (Not really. What an amazing machine this is)

20220820_010808.jpg20220820_010808.jpg
#12189 1 year ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Hey All, not a perfect game (play-wise) but the points sure tallied up. Could have been great if I had better multi-balls. Still, a new 28.9 million Grand Champion (869 Wonka Bars) Might be a good reference if anyone is newer to the game and trying to digest the ruleset. I know there are some great guides posted here already, but I’m sure it can help supplement.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1531625923[quoted image]

I didn't see that you had posted this run using the new universal CGC/JJP Tibetan Breeze brackets. Crazy run for your first one after installing them. Every test machine in the beta has been a positive result, so I should have them finally available to buy for all CGC/JJP machines (not just GnR like now) sometime next month. Foam samples will be here next week, since I had to change it due to how different these ones are from the Spike brackets (out of necessity due to extremely tight clearances on JJP).

#12190 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Does anyone know what the four rectangle lights leading up to the camera ramp signify? I’ve seen it do different light combos like 1 red and the other 3 off, 1 red 2 off and then 1 green, etc. No idea what it means though.

JJP assured me they indicate progress in the game.

Yep, that's it. Good day sir.

#12191 1 year ago

Countless times I bottle the office mode and never complete it on my last ball. Had two golden tickets today. What happens if you complete the office mode.

#12192 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Countless times I bottle the office mode and never complete it on my last ball. Had two golden tickets today. What happens if you complete the office mode.

Wonka says, "you did it!" The machine otherwise goes dark, and the flippers go dead. The screen will total up your score for the mode, then the machine will turn back on and eject a ball to the shooter lane for you to launch.

#12193 1 year ago

I am looking to purchase a Wonka LE and one that I am looking at now has what appear to be black washers under the posts. Do the black washers mean that the clear pooled around that area, or are they there for another reason?

#12194 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Like phill2cb sometimes its drops back sometimes goes into the super lock. Either way i think its designed to come back one way or another.

#12195 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

Know ive finished “MikeTV” (cyan) and its one if the shots signified there, but you are right the lights do seem to build. Particularly red. Skill shot value?

And what do the magnate light colors signify?

#12196 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I had a heater of a first ball. I thought for sure I was going to set a new high score.
Whole day wasted! (Not really. What an amazing machine this is)
[quoted image]

Yea. The way the multiball stacks/chains together makes this game. Seems like we both just need more jackpots

8E25AE98-BBB0-438A-B2D6-16E50701E3E3 (resized).jpeg8E25AE98-BBB0-438A-B2D6-16E50701E3E3 (resized).jpeg
#12197 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I am looking to purchase a Wonka LE and one that I am looking at now has what appear to be black washers under the posts. Do the black washers mean that the clear pooled around that area, or are they there for another reason?

JJP started shipping games with those stock to protect from the clear pooling, but the black washers also hide the pooling was there.

I removed mine and have not any issues.

#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

They show how many Wonka bars you’ll get if you hit the ramp. If three are pulsing red, you’ll get three Wonka bars, and so on. If they are any other color, it’s because there is a mode shot or jackpot at the camera ramp.

#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

As what Aquapin said… I just bought NIB Wonka LE few weeks ago with build date 9/21…
They have black washers under them.

Worst case you can always check under the washers.

#12200 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

As what Aquapin said… I just bought NIB Wonka LE few weeks ago with build date 9/21…
They have black washers under them.
Worst case you can always check under the washers.

Good point and I do plan to go look at it in person. Thanks for the responses

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.