IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 280.
#12051 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Any hard copy diagram I can refer to on how to get all the golden tickets. Super deep coded pin!

Discussed many times in this very thread. Someone even made a PDF.

#12052 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Are last run NIB Wonka LEs still available at any distributors?

Automated Services in CT has one or two.

#12053 1 year ago

Try http://www.pinballs.com. They have a few listed.

#12054 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I got mine from them a month ago. December 2021 build date, all went well.

#12055 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Fyi for those who arent aware, pinballs.com and Automated Services are the same company.

#12056 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

If anyone does it would be Mike at Automated Services. Give them a call but it is listed as in stock. I got mine from him.
https://www.pinballsandgames.com/

#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Looks like Automated have 2 left. http://pinballs.com/

#12058 1 year ago

Just wanted to follow up on the Gobstopper stuck switch. Thanks for everyones help especially @ltg. That thin piece of tap with a little slack on the end seems to have done the trick. thanks!

#12059 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just wanted to follow up on the Gobstopper stuck switch. Thanks for everyones help especially LTG. That thin piece of tap with a little slack on the end seems to have done the trick. thanks!

I'm about to do it. Did you have to take off the whole plastic on top ? And can you send me a picture of that what it looks like ? I don't get the "little slack on the end"

Thanks

#12060 1 year ago

Haven't played my Wonka in a while since I've got some newer games in recently. Yesterday afternoon I decided to crack open a beer and play a game.

Unexpectedly rolled the game over. Collected all the Golden tickets, reached The Most Secret Machine and Pure Imagination and doubled my prior grand champion score.

Good timing for me since Wonka is going away soon on a temporary trade for a few months.

IMG_8673 (resized).JPGIMG_8673 (resized).JPGIMG_8676 (resized).JPGIMG_8676 (resized).JPG

#12061 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Haven't played my Wonka in a while since I've got some newer games in recently. Yesterday afternoon I decided to crack open a beer and play a game.
Unexpectedly rolled the game over. Collected all the Golden tickets, reached The Most Secret Machine and Pure Imagination and doubled my prior grand champion score.
Good timing for me since Wonka is going away soon on a temporary trade for a few months.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's bonkers! Hahhaa nice!

#12062 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

That's bonkers! Hahhaa nice!

Congrats I finally had 4 golden tickets last night on my first ball. Drain drain drain sad went to bed! Thought PI was in the bag!

#12063 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome score man! It’s a cool feeling collecting all the golden tickets and starting PI.

#12064 1 year ago

Hi All
Loving WW even more 2nd time round. Just got my kid golden ticket. Thank you @ZAPHX.

Quick Q. The candy cane on the left / right out-lanes, should I be rolling over when lit or changing it from left/right to move it?? What are the candy canes giving me??
Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 1.26.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-08 at 1.26.38 PM (resized).png
#12065 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Loving WW even more 2nd time round. Just got my kid golden ticket. Thank you zaphX.
Quick Q. The candy cane on the left / right out-lanes, should I be rolling over when lit or changing it from left/right to move it?? What are the candy canes giving me??
Thank you [quoted image]

It adds candies and one of them randomly awards the candy golden ticket. I know that one well because it's the only golden ticket I got so far.
Roll it lit.

#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

It adds candies and one of them randomly awards the candy golden ticket. I know that one well because it's the only golden ticket I got so far.
Roll it lit.

It adds to the candy jar which juices the spinner value.

The "gimme" golden ticket is the "gumball" ticket which is vaguely "awarded for gameplay events."

#12067 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Loving WW even more 2nd time round. Just got my kid golden ticket. Thank you zaphX.
Thank you [quoted image]

You want to light them..

#12068 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Thank you [quoted image]

Make sure they are unlit when the ball goes through the lane. Switching which one is lit by the flippers of course.

#12069 1 year ago

#12070 1 year ago
Quoted from 1958Pinhead:

Quick question & help please.
Is this hole with the threads in it to move the outlane post?

It gets a post like the one circled in red in your picture.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) Back.

53cf2c1cad64b29085e38c14e2b40140074686fa (resized).jpg53cf2c1cad64b29085e38c14e2b40140074686fa (resized).jpg
#12071 1 year ago

Hey Wonka club, new member here. Can't believe I waited this long to consider (and ultimately buy) this incredible game. Looking forward to posting some pics of my machine when it's all spiffed up and dialed in, but for now I'm running into a problem.

My plunger is physically hitting the auto-plunge mechanism when I the plunge. The machine doesn't fire the auto-plunger, but it moves forward and interferes physically. The plunger and auto-plunge strike the ball around the same time, so there's no control whatsoever.

I attached a few photos below. The plunger spring is catching the rear/top of the auto-plunge mechanism, circled in red in one photo. Any suggestions?

PXL_20220809_033041809 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033041809 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033041809~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033041809~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033108455 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033108455 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033121279 (resized).jpgPXL_20220809_033121279 (resized).jpg
#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Any suggestions?

Loosen the three screws inside the cabinet that hold the plunger assembly on. Move it around, line it up better. Tighten the three screws.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) Back

#12073 1 year ago

I had same on another machine. I couldn’t solve it via LTGs suggestion. I put a small piece of bear seal foam (sticky one side, foam the other) on the underside of the pf where the elbow of the auto plunger arm makes contact with the underside of the pf. It prevented the auto plunger from tilting all the way forward by a few mm which helped it clear the plunger tip. Silly problem that shouldn’t be a problem!

Quoted from ray3127:

Hey Wonka club, new member here. Can't believe I waited this long to consider (and ultimately buy) this incredible game. Looking forward to posting some pics of my machine when it's all spiffed up and dialed in, but for now I'm running into a problem.
My plunger is physically hitting the auto-plunge mechanism when I the plunge. The machine doesn't fire the auto-plunger, but it moves forward and interferes physically. The plunger and auto-plunge strike the ball around the same time, so there's no control whatsoever.
I attached a few photos below. The plunger spring is catching the rear/top of the auto-plunge mechanism, circled in red in one photo. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

06A892DC-CBEA-4101-B227-75621DC794C3 (resized).jpeg06A892DC-CBEA-4101-B227-75621DC794C3 (resized).jpeg

#12074 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I had same on another machine. I couldn’t solve it via LTGs suggestion. I put a small piece of bear seal foam (sticky one side, foam the other) on the underside of the pf where the elbow of the auto plunger arm makes contact with the underside of the pf. It prevented the auto plunger from tilting all the way forward by a few mm which helped it clear the plunger tip. Silly problem that shouldn’t be a problem!

[quoted image]

I was going to chime in with this same suggestion - I had tried resetting the plunger mounting position, but found there really wasn't much room to move it and the issue with interferance from the autoplunger recurred. I did something very similar to jackd104 and have had no issues with it at all since.

#12075 1 year ago

I was one shot away from my 3rd golden ticket last night. Is there a mini wizard type mode for 3 GT's?
Thanks.

#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I was one shot away from my 3rd golden ticket last night. Is there a mini wizard type mode for 3 GT's?
Thanks.

Sadly no, the 3rd GT just awards candy stash (points and wonka bars.)

The 4th has an amazing mode!

#12077 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sadly no, the 3rd GT just awards candy stash (points and wonka bars.)
The 4th has an amazing mode!

that’s “most secret machine” mode correct?

#12078 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

that’s “most secret machine” mode correct?

Yup! Probably the coolest mini wizard mode that Wonka has to offer…IMHO

D4256800-633F-4704-9068-A1A90A3F65F8.jpegD4256800-633F-4704-9068-A1A90A3F65F8.jpeg

#12079 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image]

I have also found that Most Secret Machine is one of the most points-earning modes in the whole game, but you have to get many jackpots, after 10+ jackpots each one is worth over a million and it keeps going up. At the start of the mode, i tend to focus on catching one ball on the left flipper and getting it into the Gob and just let others drain. Getting them off the PF actually makes it easier to get some of those early Jackpots. If you can get through the phases where the Gob hole is spinning, it actually stops again, and by then each jackpot is worth a ton, so that's the real glory hole of points right there.

#12080 1 year ago

duplicate, delete please

#12081 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

[quoted image]

Quoted from waveform:

I was going to chime in with this same suggestion - I had tried resetting the plunger mounting position, but found there really wasn't much room to move it and the issue with interferance from the autoplunger recurred. I did something very similar to jackd104 and have had no issues with it at all since.

This is exactly what I had to do. I did try adjusting the plunger position, but there just wasn't much play.

The rear screw hole holding the auto-plunger to the PF was stripped, so it sagged a bit. I fixed that with some wood glue & toothpicks, but it was still not 100%. Frankly it seems like another screw is needed on the left/rear side of the auto-plunger to cinch it up against the PF. In any event, adding the bit of beer seal foam to nudge the auto-plunger just a bit seems to have finally done the trick.

Thanks all for the help!

#12082 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image]

Agreed!!

I have only gotten there once and knew I was immediately somewhere very special!

Such a great reward for the fourth golden ticket!!

#12083 1 year ago

What’s this clear plastic piece look like? Found most of mine busted in the middle of the playfield. What airballs does it protect against!

443CF1A0-B18C-4EB6-93D2-F045E60E762F (resized).jpeg443CF1A0-B18C-4EB6-93D2-F045E60E762F (resized).jpeg
#12084 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I have also found that Most Secret Machine is one of the most points-earning modes in the whole game, but you have to get many jackpots, after 10+ jackpots each one is worth over a million and it keeps going up. At the start of the mode, i tend to focus on catching one ball on the left flipper and getting it into the Gob and just let others drain. Getting them off the PF actually makes it easier to get some of those early Jackpots. If you can get through the phases where the Gob hole is spinning, it actually stops again, and by then each jackpot is worth a ton, so that's the real glory hole of points right there.

Great info here!

I did not max this mode first time thru

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

What’s this clear plastic piece look like? Found most of mine busted in the middle of the playfield. What airballs does it protect against!
[quoted image]

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

Yeah mine broke too. It’s got two super narrow plastic protrusions that are destined to be broken. Not quite sure why it’s designed the way it is, but I’m certain there’s a reason.

#12085 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I picked up a set of Wonka color guard plastic protectors off of Etsy when I got my Wonka LE in April of 2022. I don't think that Wonka color guard plastic protectors are available on Etsy anymore.

The attached photos show some of the plastic protectors installed including the plastic that is broken in your photo. So far so good as I haven't had any broken plastics.

Gord

P1020452 (resized).JPGP1020452 (resized).JPG
P1020454 (resized).JPGP1020454 (resized).JPG
P1020455 (resized).JPGP1020455 (resized).JPG
P1020456 (resized).JPGP1020456 (resized).JPG
P1020457 (resized).JPGP1020457 (resized).JPG
P1020554 (resized).JPGP1020554 (resized).JPG
P1020556 (resized).JPGP1020556 (resized).JPG

#12086 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

It's plastic number 04. Very common casualty. I made an .stl file for it a while back and have it on my machine.
Here is the thingiverse link if you have a 3d printer or know someone that has one.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679354

r/
Mike

#12087 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I think it’s designed to prevent air balls from getting stuck on top of the newton ball. I believe the two little extended plastic tabs are to keep the plastic for pivoting on its single anchor point. Which keeps the larger portion of the plastic over the newton ball eliminating the ball trap.

I only broke one plastic tab on mine so it can now pivot. Thankfully it’s stayed put but I keep an eye on it and will just rotate it back into position if it does move. Yours took a bit more damage it appears.

AD039930-3112-4C5F-99CE-5C19C2D7FF89 (resized).jpegAD039930-3112-4C5F-99CE-5C19C2D7FF89 (resized).jpeg
#12088 1 year ago

My Wonkavator isn't releasing balls between games. i.e. I lock 1 or 2 balls but not 3 in a game, when I start a new game the balls stay up there. And it gives me credit for whatever is up there already. So if I had 1 there, I only need to lock 2 more for the multiball.

When I power cycle the machine, it releases the locked balls.

Dec. 2021 build running latest code, just got the game a week ago. Any thoughts?

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

My Wonkavator isn't releasing balls between games. i.e. I lock 1 or 2 balls but not 3 in a game, when I start a new game the balls stay up there. And it gives me credit for whatever is up there already. So if I had 1 there, I only need to lock 2 more for the multiball.
Dec. 2021 build running latest code, just got the game a week ago. Any thoughts?

That’s the normal default behavior. I think there may be an option in gameplay settings to change it.

#12090 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

This is the normal default behavior of the game - wonkavator locks are shared between games (and I think also between players in a multiplayer game). It only normally clears out the wonkavator on a power cycle. There is at least one setting in the menu related to how lock sharing is handled, but I haven't explored the differences between the default shared locks and standard locks to detail the changes.

On edit: Whoah Jackd, you beat me to the response by seconds, but what really surprises me is we both used the same "normal default behavior" phrasing - eery!

#12091 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

That’s the normal default behavior. I think there may be an option in gameplay settings to change it.

Quoted from waveform:

This is the normal default behavior of the game - wonkavator locks are shared between games (and I think also between players in a multiplayer game). It only normally clears out the wonkavator on a power cycle. There is at least one setting in the menu related to how lock sharing is handled, but I haven't explored the differences between the default shared locks and standard locks to detail the changes.

Oh wow, very interesting. I thought I noticed it in a multiplayer game as well, but couldn't recall for sure.

Thank you, I'll dig into the settings!

#12092 1 year ago

For all you Wonka owners here, I have to put a plug in for Deadpool.

waitwhat?

I've put about 1k games on my Wonka and love it, but there's always a LOT going on. If I'm not paying attention, it can be a fun casual game but there still always feels like there's a million goals, all at once. I picked up a DP recently and it's a refreshing change. It feels very old school in that "hit the flashing light" sort of way. I can't think of two modern pins that I love that are so different. So for what it's worth, if you're looking for some variety to compliment your Wonka, it's a great option.

#12093 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Great info here!
I did not max this mode first time thru

Yeah mine broke too. It’s got two super narrow plastic protrusions that are destined to be broken. Not quite sure why it’s designed the way it is, but I’m certain there’s a reason.

I have this for that area and I love it..

https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector

#12094 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I have this for that area and love it.

https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector

#12095 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Oh wow, very interesting. I thought I noticed it in a multiplayer game as well, but couldn't recall for sure.
Thank you, I'll dig into the settings!

I love this feature. When I first got my game, I had a really hard time getting to Wonkavator Multiball in one game. I could often get one or two balls up there, but not three. I would play until I got Wonkavator Multiball (usually half a dozen games or so) before moving on to play other games, or call it a night. I can now routinely get 3 balls up there in a single game. If I am having friends over who don't know the game, I will play a few games before they arrive, and leave two balls in the Wonkavator. I will then have them watch me play a game to learn the code, telling them that I will have them take over when I get that third ball up the Wonkavator. The look on their face when they put their hands on the machine and it starts shaking is priceless!

#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I love this feature. When I first got my game, I had a really hard time getting to Wonkavator Multiball in one game. I could often get one or two balls up there, but not three. I would play until I got Wonkavator Multiball (usually half a dozen games or so) before moving on to play other games, or call it a night. I can now routinely get 3 balls up there in a single game. If I am having friends over who don't know the game, I will play a few games before they arrive, and leave two balls in the Wonkavator. I will then have them watch me play a game to learn the code, telling them that I will have them take over when I get that third ball up the Wonkavator. The look on their face when they put their hands on the machine and it starts shaking is priceless!

I had never encountered a shared / carried-forward lock like that before, but the more I think about, the more I like it. It is a cool feature!

#12097 1 year ago

Fresh off the freight… NIB Wonka Replacement from Automated Services. Once again… another little hole in the box (not surprised). This time it’s under the frame of the plywood location.

Using a flashlight seems box damage and not structural/physical. I put it down on the paperwork just in case.

Will open soon to finally join the club.

F498D542-5DF7-4352-862F-29E827E7F85E (resized).jpegF498D542-5DF7-4352-862F-29E827E7F85E (resized).jpeg
#12098 1 year ago

Our Wonkavator mod has been out of stock for a while, but we now have them available for those who might want one.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

#12099 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the leg lights on their machines? Where do you get 12v aux power?

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

It's plastic number 04. Very common casualty. I made an .stl file for it a while back and have it on my machine.
Here is the thingiverse link if you have a 3d printer or know someone that has one.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679354
r/
Mike

perfect, I've got one. but don't have clear PLA (if that exists!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/242?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.