IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 278.
#11751 1 year ago

Join the club yesterday my first jjp loving the game so far I must say it the build quality is great

#11752 1 year ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Join the club yesterday my first jjp loving the game so far I must say it the build quality is great

Nice! I just got Freight confirmation my NIB will not arrive until 7/13!!! I've already bought all the Mods that I need except the 3D interactive Wonkavator. I want to see the value added with that once I get my machine.

So, Question to all:

1) Playfields hold up well? Do we need to buy the Mylar to put under posts? Kinda like the ones PinMonk offers (https://pinmonk.com/products/mylar-rings-small-x-10)

2) What other items do you recommend to buy to protect this awesome JJP game?

Has anyone purchased lermods Full Translight kit? Looks simple, but effective to show the translight. I cannot tell the difference from Warm White to Cool White. I'm guessing if you want a pop use Cool white?
(https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-translight/v/WWCF-FULL-TRNSLGHT-FLL-TRN)

#11753 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Because it looks cool to smack the captive ball with yours and see all the kinetic energy drain out.

I especially like the magnet that tugs the ball just a little bit at that moment. It really messes with your sense of what the ball's motion should be.

(I just realized there may be no magnet there and that it's all in my head. If so, don't ruin the illusion for me )

#11754 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Nice! I just got Freight confirmation my NIB will not arrive until 7/13!!! I've already bought all the Mods that I need except the 3D interactive Wonkavator. I want to see the value added with that once I get my machine.
So, Question to all:
1) Playfields hold up well? Do we need to buy the Mylar to put under posts? Kinda like the ones PinMonk offers (https://pinmonk.com/products/mylar-rings-small-x-10)
Has anyone purchased lermods Full Translight kit? Looks simple, but effective to show the translight. I cannot tell the difference from Warm White to Cool White. I'm guessing if you want a pop use Cool white?
(https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-translight/v/WWCF-FULL-TRNSLGHT-FLL-TRN)

The 3D interactive wonkavator is awesome. I really like mine as it immediately draws your attention directly to it when it's on. I also recommend the full translight kit (cool white). I have them on all my JJPs. I like being able to see all the finer details and colors. Both are good mods IMHO.

Welcome to the club!

#11755 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So, Question to all:

i just installed the Lermods Translight and undercabinet lighting. I like it a lot, it makes the colors in the Translight pop a lot more. The only issue I had was the instructions they gave said to go clockwise but their picture in the instructions was the other way so I did it exactly like the picture which is I think the right way based on the wire lengths in between gaps. If you can’t tell in my pics, I started left to right under the original strip, looped back under it, and then went counter clockwise around the monitor. Super easy install otherwise. Also this is cool white.

4AB90378-AD0D-4A95-B41F-187A3EDE2C5C (resized).jpeg4AB90378-AD0D-4A95-B41F-187A3EDE2C5C (resized).jpeg909190F6-5919-4E85-99AA-19058406E25D (resized).jpeg909190F6-5919-4E85-99AA-19058406E25D (resized).jpegDA00C812-90EC-4315-A811-DE405D3E25A9 (resized).jpegDA00C812-90EC-4315-A811-DE405D3E25A9 (resized).jpeg
#11756 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

i just installed the Lermods Translight and undercabinet lighting. I like it a lot, it makes the colors in the Translight pop a lot more. The only issue I had was the instructions they gave said to go clockwise but their picture in the instructions was the other way so I did it exactly like the picture which is I think the right way based on the wire lengths in between gaps. If you can’t tell in my pics, I started left to right under the original strip, looped back under it, and then went counter clockwise around the monitor. Super easy install otherwise. Also this is cool white.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thx. When we say clockwise, we mean when you first start laying down the strip at the top, then bend around and start on the left side of the monitor. I’ll take a look at the instructions to make sure it’s clearer and I didn’t make any mistakes.

Wonkavators are out of stock for now, hope to have a few more in the next few weeks. If anyone wants one, just send me a PM and I’ll put you on the list. We usually do them in batches of 5.

#11757 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. When we say clockwise, we mean when you first start laying down the strip at the top, then bend around and start on the left side of the monitor. I’ll take a look at the instructions to make sure it’s clearer and I didn’t make any mistakes.
Wonkavators are out of stock for now, hope to have a few more in the next few weeks. If anyone wants one, just send me a PM and I’ll put you on the list. We usually do them in batches of 5.

PM Sent.

#11758 1 year ago

Help me understand the Wonkavator multiball. I read that it carries over to the next game, but mine starts from 0 when I start a game. The ball gets released at the start of the game.

Did I read it wrong or is it a setting ?

#11759 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Help me understand the Wonkavator multiball. I read that it carries over to the next game, but mine starts from 0 when I start a game. The ball gets released at the start of the game.
Did I read it wrong or is it a setting ?

Probably a setting. For me the Wonkavator is emptied on startup, but not on each new game.

#11760 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Probably a setting. For me the Wonkavator is emptied on startup, but not on each new game.

Yeah.. I thought the same as that was part of the feature explanation for people to “steal” your WonkaVator multiball.

I have yet to have Wonka at home… so, this is from watching videos. Soon…

#11761 1 year ago

The wonkavator keeps the balls as long as the pin is on. Even after a game over. Only a switch off and on of the pin the vator is emptied.

Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah.. I thought the same as that was part of the feature explanation for people to “steal” your WonkaVator multiball.
I have yet to have Wonka at home… so, this is from watching videos. Soon…

#11762 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The instructions I have say to go left to right just below the stock strip, then down the right side of the monitor, around the bottom, then back up the left side.

#11763 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

The wonkavator keeps the balls as long as the pin is on. Even after a game over. Only a switch off and on of the pin the vator is emptied.

Oh that makes sense then but bummer. I turn my game off when I'm done, I guess I have to keep it on if I want to get that golden ticket, lighting super lock 3 times is beyond my poor skills reach.

#11764 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

The 3D interactive wonkavator is awesome. I really like mine as it immediately draws your attention directly to it when it's on. I also recommend the full translight kit (cool white). I have them on all my JJPs. I like being able to see all the finer details and colors. Both are good mods IMHO.
Welcome to the club!

I bought the non-interactive version (it has lighting but that is it) ... looks nice but I regret not spending the extra for the nicer interactive one.

Lots of good lighting options, yes the translight looks awesome, plus I have the trough and rear playfield lights and love those.

My favorite lighting mod is the spotlights that light up the artwork on the middle of the playfield ... makes a massive difference, especially in a darker room: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/03012-willy-wonka-amp-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-spotlight-covers

#11765 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Has anyone else had a problem with the Wonka Factory LEDs not working correctly? The K in our machine often displays the wrong color. I have submitted a ticket with JJP. Hopefully they can get it corrected for me.

We got the new replacement Wonka Factory LED board today. Installed it and everything works as expected! If you end up needing to replace yours, the smoke stack does not need to come off. The base plastic comes off and then you can disconnect the data cable, remove two screws holding the PCBA in place and then swap out the PCBA. This is was the one I removed looks like.

8A2029F8-9D02-4AF9-85EB-CCEA67F58C4A (resized).jpeg8A2029F8-9D02-4AF9-85EB-CCEA67F58C4A (resized).jpegCB134765-9C6E-4B3C-B3F1-1AD9BFE46368 (resized).jpegCB134765-9C6E-4B3C-B3F1-1AD9BFE46368 (resized).jpeg
#11766 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

[quoted image]

Is it me, or does all that extra lighting negate the anti-glare glass quite a bit? I understand the playfield lighting appears off, but that first pic is...uh, not my cup of tea.

#11767 1 year ago

Have most of you guys put Cliffy protectors for the scoops???

I do not have my machine yet, but are cliffy’s a must have for this game?

Thinking through the common stuffy to have/put on day 1 arrival.

#11768 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Is it me, or does all that extra lighting negate the anti-glare glass quite a bit? I understand the playfield lighting appears off, but that first pic is...uh, not my cup of tea.

The first picture I took probably wasn’t the best, I can tell my phone didn’t focus on the translight making it look washed and heavily reflected. In person I don’t notice any reflection off the glass at all.

#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Have most of you guys put Cliffy protectors for the scoops???
I do not have my machine yet, but are cliffy’s a must have for this game?
Thinking through the common stuffy to have/put on day 1 arrival.

No need. Only thing that needs Cliffys is the 2 inlane drops. Install them open end up or you'll get stuck balls.

#11770 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We got the new replacement Wonka Factory LED board today. Installed it and everything works as expected! If you end up needing to replace yours, the smoke stack does not need to come off. The base plastic comes off and then you can disconnect the data cable, remove two screws holding the PCBA in place and then swap out the PCBA. This is was the one I removed looks like.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thank you for the step-by-step. I will be replacing my LED board when it arrives from JJP in a week or so.

#11771 1 year ago

I owned a GNR LE before this game, and had terrible pooling issues on nearly every post. After picking up a used early-run Wonka LE, I installed Mylar and clear PETG washers under every post. The larger sling posts did have some pooling, but was easily corrected with the vinyl repair kit iron method. Since then I’ve logged 500+ plays with no issues. However, without those washers I believe the pooling would return.

Quoted from zermeno68:

So, Question to all:

#11772 1 year ago

I have a problem with the right bumper, the white plastic tab keeps going sideways and goes off the scoop of the switch.

I keep putting it back in place but I have to lift the playfield everytime, it's been once a day so far, probably holds in place for 10 plays.
Is there something to look into that causes this ?

PXL_20220703_045609421~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220703_045609421~2 (resized).jpg
#11773 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Is there something to look into that causes this ?

If the pop bumper skirt moves freely, no binding. Then loosen the screws holding the leaf blade switch assembly and go after how the plastic spoon is lined up. At rest that white rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt should be centered in the middle of the plastic spoon it rests on. And just resting, not pushing it. Get it centered and tighten the screws.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Call jjp on Tuesday and tell them you miss me. Especially on odd hours, weekend, and holidays.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the pop bumper skirt moves freely, no binding. Then loosen the screws holding the leaf blade switch assembly and go after how the plastic spoon is lined up. At rest that white rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt should be centered in the middle of the plastic spoon it rests on. And just resting, not pushing it. Get it centered and tighten the screws.
Disclaimer : Call jjp on Tuesday and tell them you miss me. Especially on odd hours, weekend, and holidays.

Could the bumper base be missing the spring inside?

#11775 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Could the bumper base be missing the spring inside?

Doubt it. In the picture the spoon isn't lined up anywhere near good, even though the plastic rod is leaning.

Easy to check, when I asked if it's binding. Push the skirt down on any side and see if it springs back up. If it doesn't then get a spring in there.

#11776 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Oh that makes sense then but bummer. I turn my game off when I'm done, I guess I have to keep it on if I want to get that golden ticket, lighting super lock 3 times is beyond my poor skills reach.

One you get used to the game, you'll find that getting 3 super locks in one game isn't that hard.

#11777 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

So skirt is centered in the scoop but when I hit the white ring it makes a click sound, the other 2 don't make that sound

#11778 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

when I hit the white ring it makes a click sound, the other 2 don't make that sound

Then you'll need to take it apart and figure out the problem. Maybe plastic flashing or something from manufacturing. Could be the pop bumper skirt or something inside the pop bumper body.

I'd work the pop bumper skirt up and down and left and right a lot, see if you can clear it. Without disassembly. Which is a big job.

#11779 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then you'll need to take it apart and figure out the problem. Maybe plastic flashing or something from manufacturing. Could be the pop bumper skirt or something inside the pop bumper body.
I'd work the pop bumper skirt up and down and left and right a lot, see if you can clear it. Without disassembly. Which is a big job.

I think I got it, I unscrewed the leaf assembly and moved it a bit sideways to align better, then screwed it again. The click is gone.

Lloyd thank you so much, I swear I'll join the club of let's harass JJP until they get you back in, no way I would have figured that out without you.

#11780 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I think I got it, I unscrewed the leaf assembly and moved it a bit sideways to align better, then screwed it again. The click is gone.

Glad you sorted it out. And didn't need to tear the pop bumper apart.

Good job !

#11781 1 year ago

Who else is waiting on a tilt topper? I feel like I'm in the movie The Money Pit. They're always "two weeks" away.

#11782 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No need. Only thing that needs Cliffys is the 2 inlane drops. Install them open end up or you'll get stuck balls.

Check your TV scoop, my CE is starting to show some wear after around 1500 plays. I have the cliffy for it but it’s a pita to get in and I have not installed it yet.

#11783 1 year ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Check your TV scoop, my CE is starting to show some wear after around 1500 plays. I have the cliffy for it but it’s a pita to get in and I have not installed it yet.

Weird, mine is fine.

#11784 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Who else is waiting on a tilt topper? I feel like I'm in the movie The Money Pit. They're always "two weeks" away.

I waited several months for mine. Well worth it, but they should do a better job of setting delivery expectations. If you have Yahoo email, you might check your spam folder ... they did send a couple of updates to me that landed in the spam folder. But I would set your expectations to be 3 to 4 months, not weeks.

#11785 1 year ago

To prepare for Wonka’s arrival… I took the step to blow up the rule sheet and laminate it.

Wish more companies do this so I can repeat this for each game.

22 x 28… it can go much larger as the dpi is high

203457C3-5981-4FE0-ADEB-EED5F12FDD3B (resized).jpeg203457C3-5981-4FE0-ADEB-EED5F12FDD3B (resized).jpeg
#11786 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

To prepare for Wonka’s arrival… I took the step to blow up the rule sheet and laminate it.
[quoted image]

Man thats a great idea, Im going to do the same.

Is this sheet on their website?

#11787 1 year ago

Make sure to watch zaphX tutorial on Youtube in preparation

Quoted from zermeno68:

[quoted image]

#11788 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man thats a great idea, Im going to do the same.
Is this sheet on their website?

Yes it is. They have the game rules in a single pdf. Perfect to put on a thumb drive or send it to your local printer company.

FYI, it was not cheap. Blow up poster size was $21 and lamination was $13. Hopefully your area is priced better.

However, I really need this to keep as a reference.

#11789 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Make sure to watch zaphX tutorial on Youtube in preparation

Thanks!! I’m up to watch some videos for dive into rule set.

I’ll check it out.

#11790 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I am I ordered in December. He said hopefully this week.

#11791 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Thanks!! I’m up to watch some videos for dive into rule set.
I’ll check it out.

Some rules have been relaxed since that video - for example, it retains collected kids between balls now where it used to screw you over.
Also kid MB kid jackpots can be collected while the super is active now, stuff like that.

However the overall shots and rules are still the same.

#11792 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some rules have been relaxed since that video - for example, it retains collected kids between balls now where it used to screw you over.
Also kid MB kid jackpots can be collected while the super is active now, stuff like that.
However the overall shots and rules are still the same.

I just got a WW (again )... just bought my 2nd WW. Missed it toooooo much. Really liked your JJP Wonka Kid Multiball Deep Dive, and really looking forward to playing the v2 code.
Looking forward to your breakdown video on TS4 also.

#11793 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I just got a WW (again )... just bought my 2nd WW. Missed it toooooo much. Really liked your JJP Wonka Kid Multiball Deep Dive, and really looking forward to playing the v2 code.
Looking forward to your breakdown video on TS4 also.

Glad it helped! I too look forward to a TS4 deep dive...once they ship me one.

#11794 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Glad it helped! I too look forward to a TS4 deep dive...once they ship me one.

I’m going to join the club soon. The more I watch videos the more confused I get. I’ll
Need to play the game, Look at poster pdf of rules and watch tutorials

#11795 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I’m going to join the club soon. The more I watch videos the more confused I get. I’ll

Yep I tried figuring it out with the tutorials but it actually is way easier when you play the game.

I think the most important for this game is to know what's showing on the main screen during the game, they did a great job at putting all the goals on it and what you need to do to complete them.

#11796 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I can break it down simply.

Kid Multiball Ticket:

1. Qualify kids: (Agustus: spinners, MikeTV: blue shots under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: Start Fizzy Lifting, Veruca: Start Good/Bad Egg
2. Collect kids: Captive ball (note flashing color moves from captive to kid shot)
3. Start Kid MB: kid shot
4. Collect 7 Kid MB jackpots: Agustus: Loops, MikeTV: blue shot under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: right ramp, Veruca: left ramp. Double: Camera ramp. Super: Kid shot.

Gobstopper Ticket:

1. Hit gobstopper until it opens, lock ball. Repeat 3x.
2. In Gobstopper MB, shoot ramps until hole opens, sink ball in hole. Repeat to 5 to get ticket.

Factory Ticket:

1. Qualify modes. Blue: Factory (WONKA), Pink: Loops (SuperX), Orange: Captive ball.
2. Start modes at saucer. Repeat to start all 12 for ticket.

Wonkavator Ticket:

1. SuperLock to lock 3 balls.
2. Level 1: Shoot blue/yellow shots until gobstopper machine flashing, hit and sink all active balls but one.
2. Level 2: Same as level 1 but you can only hit each blue/yellow shot once. Finish for ticket.

#11797 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can break it down simply.
Kid Multiball Ticket:
1. Qualify kids: (Agustus: spinners, MikeTV: blue shots under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: Start Fizzy Lifting, Veruca: Start Good/Bad Egg
2. Collect kids: Captive ball (note flashing color moves from captive to kid shot)
3. Start Kid MB: kid shot
4. Collect 7 Kid MB jackpots: Agustus: Loops, MikeTV: blue shot under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: right ramp, Veruca: left ramp. Double: Camera ramp. Super: Kid shot.
Gobstopper Ticket:
1. Hit gobstopper until it opens, lock ball. Repeat 3x.
2. In Gobstopper MB, shoot ramps until hole opens, sink ball in hole. Repeat to 5 to get ticket.
Factory Ticket:
1. Qualify modes. Blue: Factory (WONKA), Pink: Loops (SuperX), Orange: Captive ball.
2. Start modes at saucer. Repeat to start all 12 for ticket.
Wonkavator Ticket:
1. SuperLock to lock 3 balls.
2. Level 1: Shoot blue/yellow shots until gobstopper machine flashing, hit and sink all active balls but one.
2. Level 2: Same as level 1 but you can only hit each blue/yellow shot once. Finish for ticket.

Is there an order you like to follow?

#11798 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there an order you like to follow?

Doesn't matter much, but combining Slugworth MB, Gobstopper MB and Kid MB is the general idea.

Just make sure any time you start Kid MB, you need to make sure and get that kid's jackpot shots.

#11799 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn't matter much, but combining Slugworth MB, Gobstopper MB and Kid MB is the general idea.
Just make sure any time you start Kid MB, you need to make sure and get that kid's jackpot shots.

Thx. Started watching your tutorial. Starting to make sense....what is the yellow wonka cd you mentioned?

#11800 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

yellow wonka cd you mentioned

wat

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.