IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 279.
#11701 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Hope Lloyd is OK with me using it here.

Absolutely. If it helps I'm all for it.

LTG : )
Former jjp Pinball Ambassador

#11702 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'd put your hands on one before you buy it if possible. I tried one at Pintastic this weekend and HATED it. It was too small for me. I've played another one elsewhere which was 3x bigger and much better. But your preferences may vary.

Same here - I could NOT get the skill shot into the saucer - at home Skill shot is 75% of the time... not sure if all of the gobstoppers are like that.

#11703 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

How would you compare this game to WOZ? Which one is enjoyable to play through code/profession/etc??
Trying to narrow down if I should get WOZ or Wonka. I have played both at location so have not gotten the ability to play in depth.

IMO WOZ is hands down the winner for looks. Its a piece of art. I just dont get that same feeling from Wonka myself.

Wonka is probably more fun, but again, for me, hard comparison. It has more modes so there are more goals to achieve, so it has more play-ability...

#11704 1 year ago
Quoted from heynonny:

Same here - I could NOT get the skill shot into the saucer - at home Skill shot is 75% of the time... not sure if all of the gobstoppers are like that.

Thats just a matter of practice. On mine with the gobstopper, i dont grab it like a normal ball rod, i use like only 2 or 3 fingers. You have to pay a little more attention to it vs. a stock shooter rod. But the way it looks, imo, cant pass it up.

#11705 1 year ago

No that piece of plastic is not on my pin….where do I get it?
Or did you make it yourself (my Wonka is build 2019).

Quoted from mikepmcs:

There's a cover that is supposed to be on the ramp to prevent this from occurring. Is that cover on your game? This picture I attached was provided by LTG some time ago. Hope Lloyd is OK with me using it here.
Do you have this piece of plastic?
r/
Mike[quoted image]

#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

.where do I get it?

jjp Parts if they still have them.

#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

No that piece of plastic is not on my pin….where do I get it?
Or did you make it yourself (my Wonka is build 2019).

Like LTG says call JJP first.
If they don't have them I can send you an .stl file so you can 3d print one free if either you or a friend has access to a 3d printer.
r/
Mike

#11708 1 year ago

I still haven't managed to do the super lock shot, I aim for the spinner but the ball always bumps against the rail, is it notoriously difficult or am I terrible at it ?

#11709 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I still haven't managed to do the super lock shot, I aim for the spinner but the ball always bumps against the rail, is it notoriously difficult or am I terrible at it ?

You need to get a clean shot and to the right spot but it should not be terribly difficult. If the spinner is bent a little wrong it can make the shot a lot more difficult

#11710 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You need to get a clean shot and to the right spot but it should not be terribly difficult. If the spinner is bent a little wrong it can make the shot a lot more difficult

The spinner looks good but I can't really tell.

PXL_20220630_030916157 (resized).jpgPXL_20220630_030916157 (resized).jpg
#11711 1 year ago

I've been reading up on Wonka wizard modes, code, etc... Is the game much easier with the v2.0 code?? I saw the Change Log and boy did they sure change the default settings.

I'm curious as I'm watching IE Karls gameplay and boy is there a LOT of stuff to do in this game to actually complete it.

I can see this being a Bolted to the floor game.

How would you rank this code versus other JJP games? Top 2 or worse?

#11712 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I feel like that shot is a Wonka right of passage. It took me a week before I finally found that sweet spot and started nailing the shot. Until then I thought maybe something was wrong with the spinner or guide rail, but after patience and persistence I finally ‘found it’ and the payoff is great. It sounds like your machine has a couple of other issues so I’m not discounting the possibility it’s a setup issue, just saying that shot was frustrating for me too that first week after opening the box.

#11713 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

What worked for me was to hit the ball at the absolute earliest moment you think you could. It might not be intuitive at first, but do it. Then adjust from there. Now I make it 95% of the time.

#11714 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

What worked for me was to hit the ball at the absolute earliest moment you think you could. It might not be intuitive at first, but do it. Then adjust from there. Now I make it 95% of the time.

This ^^. Have to take the shot early on my machine, too.

#11715 1 year ago

When the ball drops from the magnet try shooting it around the line above the arrow on the playfield, depending on your pitch either right on the line or a hair above/below.

FC4C1932-D65D-4E2D-94CF-0F4F58D970F4 (resized).jpegFC4C1932-D65D-4E2D-94CF-0F4F58D970F4 (resized).jpeg

#11716 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Sounds easy until you have to hit it one last time for the vador golden ticket! Then I chunck five shots at it in a row! Ha ha ha

Wonka is a funny game mine sat forever getting one play a month, now its my go to game!!!

#11717 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:Sounds easy until you have to hit it one last time for the vador golden ticket! Then I chunck five shots at it in a row! Ha ha ha

Oh So true! lol

#11718 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Same here. It seems to happen earlier than you would think to shoot that shot.

#11719 1 year ago

Here's the link to the right ramp cover in case anyone else needs to 3d print it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5422715
There are 3 files on there and one of them should work.
Put the file in your slicer and adjust as you see fit. You may have to resize or whatever to make it a perfect fit on your machine although this should be pretty close if not dead on. I did it a long time ago and made an elaborate/ridiculous/overboard/nonsense mod. These are the stl files when I started to modify so should work.
r/
Mike

ramp cover (resized).jpgramp cover (resized).jpg
#11720 1 year ago

Has anyone else had an issue with this pin not staying in place? If so, what was your fix? I pushed it back in place yesterday and it has already moved about 1/2” in one day with just a few plays.

769E78FD-0FF4-4176-B730-2D7D48A980BA (resized).jpeg769E78FD-0FF4-4176-B730-2D7D48A980BA (resized).jpeg
#11721 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Has anyone else had an issue with this pin not staying in place? If so, what was your fix? I pushed it back in place yesterday and it has already moved about 1/2” in one day with just a few plays.[quoted image]

Shoot me an email or a PM here
[email protected]

#11722 1 year ago

Well folks, just bought a NIB Wonka LE and will have it in my hands hopefully end of next week. Just sent in the wire transfer.

So, leads me to the question: Are there still cool mods left like the custom Wonka Factory??

Super excited to learn this complex depth codebase.

#11723 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Super excited to learn this complex depth codebase.

My favorite pinball code so far!

#11724 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My favorite pinball code so far!

Yep I'm starting to join that club. I was perplex at first by the apparent low number of modes, but it's not a mode based games, more a bunch of objectives that you can work on in parallel and that's designed for the ball to flow smoothly. It's very interesting, less sequential than a classic mode based game.

Then the kid multiball adds a layer of risk and reward

#11725 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

but it's not a mode based game

It absolutely is a mode-based game.
It has like a dozen different modes.

Not really sure what you're talking about.

#11726 1 year ago

Thanx!

Quoted from mikepmcs:

Here's the link to the right ramp cover in case anyone else needs to 3d print it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5422715
There are 3 files on there and one of them should work.
Put the file in your slicer and adjust as you see fit. You may have to resize or whatever to make it a perfect fit on your machine although this should be pretty close if not dead on. I did it a long time ago and made an elaborate/ridiculous/overboard/nonsense mod. These are the stl files when I started to modify so should work.
r/
Mike[quoted image]

#11727 1 year ago

Modes off the top of my head:

Multiball Modes:
- Gobstopper MB
- Kid MB
- Slugworth MB
- Wonkavator MB

Factory Modes:
- Fizzy Lifting Drink Room
- Good Egg Bad Egg
- Welcome to the Factory
- Inventing Room

Captive Ball Modes:
- Wonka Wash
- Wonkatania Mania
- World Record Gum Chewing
- Storeroom 54
- Oompa Loompa hurryup

Computer Modes:
- Unlimited Kickback
- Dots Dots Dots
- Wonka Bar Craze
- One more I can't recall ATM but Susan likes to stack all 4 of these on the little computer screen

"Reward" Modes for Golden Tickets:
- Oompa Loompa Odyssey
- Wonka's Office
- Most Secret Machine
- Pure Imagination

Plus a reward mode for 200 bars:
- Wonka Bar Ransom

Then on top of all these modes (all of which are shot-based modes) there are points-based modes:
- SuperX
- Super Spinner
- Super Jets

So...yeah. Saying it's not a mode-based game is not only inaccurate, it's downright insulting to the developers IMO.

#11728 1 year ago

So finally hit…”most secret machine” last night.

The light show is mesmerizing and I need to get back there real soon! What a beautiful mode this is!

I also got 4 golden tix on my journey there. So I’m just one short! I may never get to Valinor on my LOTR but I (naively) feel that pure imagination is within my grasp!

#11729 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oompa Loompa hurryup

Is this the two-ball Oompa Loompa multiball? I started that the other day but have no idea how.

#11730 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

The light show is mesmerizing and I need to get back there real soon! What a beautiful mode this is!

Such an awesome reward mode! I've only gotten to it once. Susan twice.

#11731 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Is this the two-ball Oompa Loompa multiball? I started that the other day but have no idea how.

That one is Oompa Loompa Odyssey, started by collecting one Golden Ticket and making the left lane under the Wonkavision.

#11732 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That one is Oompa Loompa Odyssey, started by collecting one Golden Ticket and making the left lane under the Wonkavision.

Nice. Thanks!

#11733 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It absolutely is a mode-based game.
It has like a dozen different modes.
Not really sure what you're talking about.

Sure I can elaborate. When I say mode based I mean like Dialed In, start a mode, get a timer, complete the mode, start the next mode.

Wonka has them all stacked with some shared shots between them, so I guess the fact that they are under mode name makes them be mode but the difference and interest IMO is that they all build up together so you play less a repetitive game where you go through modes one by one.

#11734 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Sure I can elaborate. When I say mode based I mean like Dialed In, start a mode, get a timer, complete the mode, start the next mode.
Wonka has them all stacked with some shared shots between them, so I guess the fact that they are under mode name makes them be mode but the difference and interest IMO is that they all build up together so you play less a repetitive game where you go through modes one by one.

I will agree that Wonka code is built for long-term replayability rather than a singular repeated path. It's why we love it.

#11735 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will agree that Wonka code is built for long-term replayability rather than a singular repeated path. It's why we love it.

After watching a few streams on this game, I instantly realized I have to have this game. It’s got major variety, objectives with the shots are for sure unique, and like you said you can choose the path you want to take when playing.

Sucks Monday is 4th of July as that will delay my game’s arrival time.

#11736 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

When the ball drops from the magnet try shooting it around the line above the arrow on the playfield, depending on your pitch either right on the line or a hair above/below.
[quoted image]

Thank you ! That was exactly it, I made that shot a bunch of times now. It was definitely earlier than I thought.

#11737 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I can see this being a Bolted to the floor game.
How would you rank this code versus other JJP games? Top 2 or worse?

Top 1 . Absolutely bolted! And yes modes galore all day long!

#11738 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I don't think I have completed Ompa Lumpa oddesy yet. You just have to hit every shot that is lit green correct? Then what happens?

#11739 1 year ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I also got 4 golden tix on my journey there. So I’m just one short! I may never get to Valinor on my LOTR but I (naively) feel that pure imagination is within my grasp!

So when playing secret machine there are plenty of settings for the special affects. I have mine set right above sick, I can't imagine what the thing does when it is on sick mode and I have a jelly belly for motion sickness so I am scared of it!

Go into settings and check it out.

My machine is set on easy so I get it about 1 in five games. Average around 10 mil with 35 mil being the highest. And I am on old code, which I love and am not looking for more yet

#11740 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So when playing secret machine there are plenty of settings for the special affects. I have mine set right above sick, I can't imagine what the thing does when it is on sick mode and I have a jelly belly for motion sickness so I am scared of it!
Go into settings and check it out.
My machine is set on easy so I get it about 1 in five games. Average around 10 mil with 35 mil being the highest. And I am on old code, which I love and am not looking for more yet

That goes to my question… are people running the 1.3 or 1.X code instead of 2.X??

I saw the Change log they simplified the requirements to complete tasks (kinda like Metallica).

#11741 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Mine is bolted too. So much fun and finally a pinball that my wife loves and will play. We have only scratched the surface so far, but every game is entertaining even if you don’t make it very far.

#11742 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

That goes to my question… are people running the 1.3 or 1.X code instead of 2.X??
I saw the Change log they simplified the requirements to complete tasks (kinda like Metallica).

Upgrade.

#11743 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I don't think I have completed Ompa Lumpa oddesy yet. You just have to hit every shot that is lit green correct? Then what happens?

If you hit every green shot, then there are several roving red/white shots and if you hit any you get a super jackpot. Then the mode starts over.

#11744 1 year ago

Are there any other games that has a "captive" ball that hits a captive ball ?

Did they do it like that because of how the captive ball lane is oriented ?

I'm curious I've never seen anything like that.

#11745 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Are there any other games that has a "captive" ball that hits a captive ball ?

Did they do it like that because of how the captive ball lane is oriented ?

I'm curious I've never seen anything like that.

Like Hobbit, Theatre Of Magic, Big Bang Bar has four balls you hit back and forth between two lanes. There is likely others.

#11746 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like Hobbit, Theatre Of Magic, Big Bang Bar has four balls you hit back and forth between two lanes. There is likely others.

But Wonka is a static ball that hits a moving ball. Why not put a moving ball directly ?

#11747 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

But Wonka is a static ball that hits a moving ball. Why not put a moving ball directly ?

I would say stability and longevity would be 2 reasons for this situation. Consistency comes to mind as well. Kinetic type situations will always provide that more consistent shot in my opinion. If the ball was loose the percentage of made shots would decrease in my opinion. Fixed ball you can hit anywhere and it's gonna transfer the energy to the moving ball.
Iron Maiden, Shrek/Family Guy have this similar type scenario as well.
r/
Mike

#11748 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Like Banzai Run ?

Probably others too.

#11750 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Because it looks cool to smack the captive ball with yours and see all the kinetic energy drain out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/235 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.