IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 280.
#11601 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I wonder if there is a way to increase the effect on the ball. I would love to see more magnet action in the middle of the playfield.

(after seeing more "magnet action" and the drains that follow "F#@K THIS $H!T!!!"

#11602 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Hmmm... so it sounds like there are pins out there where the ball get affected a lot and some like mine and naf where it's barely noticeable.
So Zaphx and chillme, is it happening all the time or which modes is it happening in?

Multiballs. It is usually a subtle direction change but it depends on the speed of the ball.
One time I saw it get yanked in the complete opposite direction!

#11603 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Multiballs. It is usually a subtle direction change but it depends on the speed of the ball.

Ha ha ha so funny. It’s like am I playing Addams Family cuz that ball whipped up the playfield.

#11604 1 year ago

Thanks all for the input.

Sounds like I am right where I should be.

#11605 1 year ago

When did JJP begin with putting out the new / better playfields with no paint at the posts? Sometime in 2021?

#11606 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Aside from the obvious kid multiball magnet that holds the ball in place, the main playfield magnets only have a minor impact on ball travel ... enough to slightly change the trajectory when the magnet is activated, but not remotely close to what you see in the JJP WOZ machine for example (when the witch "throws" the ball around). I asked the same question after a few months of ownership

Same here..

#11607 1 year ago

Can anyone with the TiltTopper share the height dimensions? Need to make sure I have room for it. Thanks in advance.

#11608 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

When did JJP begin with putting out the new / better playfields with no paint at the posts? Sometime in 2021?

Pretty sure just now with TS4, but could be wrong.

#11609 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha ha so funny. It’s like am I playing Addams Family cuz that ball whipped up the playfield.

LOL well now I am getting magnet envy, nothing like Pinside to make you think something might be "wrong" with your machine

#11610 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Can anyone with the TiltTopper share the height dimensions? Need to make sure I have room for it. Thanks in advance.

Wonka Tilttopper measures just a hair under 11.5 inches high at the highest point (and is 23 inches wide). Beautiful topper if you don't have a factory topper.

#11611 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Wonka Tilttopper measures just a hair under 11.5 inches high at the highest point (and is 23 inches wide). Beautiful topper if you don't have a factory topper.

Thanks. And yeah it looks great. Frankly better than the factory topper from the pics I have seen.

And my magnets definitely toss the ball around.

#11612 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I’m revisiting the possibility of getting a Wonka. My main hesitation is the music. Does it get to you hearing that theme song over and over or is it ok? Can it be changed? I sold Munsters because of this…

I honestly think the music and sounds on Wonka are very well done. Varied enough to not sound overtly repetitive and really puts you in the Wonkaverse. I’d echo the other poster who describes the music as “magical”!

Full disclosure: I also own Munsters and the music on that pin is one of the things I LOVE about it. I’ll even put it on jukebox mode and play my guitar to the Dick Dale Ventures style surfer guitar Munsters has to offer. Gets my blood pumpin’!

To each his own as they say!

#11613 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I’m revisiting the possibility of getting a Wonka. My main hesitation is the music. Does it get to you hearing that theme song over and over or is it ok? Can it be changed? I sold Munsters because of this…

I had the exact same concern watching Wonka streams before I got the game. Once you're playing it, you don't even notice it.

#11614 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Honestly, I feel that all pinball machines are repetitive with sound. Not sure what would make Wonka worse than anything else.

As others have mentioned, no issues here with the music..

#11615 1 year ago

Can confirm the magnets on mine also cause some hell time from time. Seems to be more prevalent in multi balls. Seems appropriate since it’s supposed to be Willy wonkas chocolate factory after all.

#11616 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Can confirm the magnets on mine also cause some hell time from time. Seems to be more prevalent in multi balls. Seems appropriate since it’s supposed to be Willy wonkas chocolate factory after all.

100% agree magnet craze in Multiball, fits the game well and in WTH this is nutz.

Derek was you crazy anti gravity ball during multi?

#11617 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well funny enough I checked out your excellent YouTube video with the overview (love it), and sure enough at about 18 minutes the ball trajectory completely changes from the magnet and you point it out! Like you said, speed matters and looks like the ball needs to be going very slow or almost stopped to really see any significant magnet action (and even then it is not as dramatic compared to the WOZ witch that frequently really slings the ball around). For those that have not seen Derek's video, it is so helpful, especially for understanding all of the bells and whistles shown on the back monitor (yes rules have changed a little, but the vast majority of the content still applies).

#11618 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Thanks, they are sending me a new one under warranty.

After seeing this post and resolution yesterday, I realize something similar is occurring on my game. The letter A in “Wonka” isn’t rendering the color red, so is often a different color than others. I just submitted a ticket as well, but with a build date of 7/30/2019 I’ll likely be on the hook for the part cost. Thanks for sharing.

B0BF77B2-BB3B-4777-A2C7-E6EDCF19A78F (resized).jpegB0BF77B2-BB3B-4777-A2C7-E6EDCF19A78F (resized).jpegB2D9ACC3-A405-4F00-ADE9-DB4331796E6D (resized).jpegB2D9ACC3-A405-4F00-ADE9-DB4331796E6D (resized).jpeg
#11619 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

… with a build date of 7/30/2019 I’ll likely be on the hook for the part cost. Thanks for sharing.[quoted image][quoted image]

I already heard back from JJP support, and they have the WW Smokestack LED board, Part #15-100006-11 available for $19.99 (plus shipping) and I placed the order today.

#11620 1 year ago

When I play Fizzy Lifting Drink Room, the first level is left ramp and 2nd level says spinner/jets but whenever I hit the spinner and jets, it seems to register but never changes from that same shot. Is it supposed to switch to a different shot for levels 3 through 5? Or are all those levels also spinner/jets?

If I hit that shot 4 times, it seems like its completing Charlie, just seems odd to have all 4 levels as the same shot.

#11621 1 year ago

I’ve been confused by that too, but never bothered to look it up. I hit spinner a few times and seems like eventually it says to hit gob stopper to finish.

Quoted from phill2cb:

When I play Fizzy Lifting Drink Room, the first level is left ramp and 2nd level says spinner/jets but whenever I hit the spinner and jets, it seems to register but never changes from that same shot. Is it supposed to switch to a different shot for levels 3 through 5? Or are all those levels also spinner/jets?
If I hit that shot 4 times, it seems like its completing Charlie, just seems odd to have all 4 levels as the same shot.

#11622 1 year ago

Apologies if this is not the best place for this question but I'm wondering if there are any differences between Wonka's produced during the original 2019 run vs the 2021 run?

#11623 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Apologies if this is not the best place for this question but I'm wondering if there are any differences between Wonka's produced during the original 2019 run vs the 2021 run?

There are others with far more knowledge, but from what I gathered there are no official changes or production variations to Wonka (unlike say WOZ with different light board versions, etc.). Mine was made in Feb 2020. There are gazillions of posts regarding playfield issues and speculation on "early" runs vs "newer" runs (and JJP provided new playfields to some folks), but in my opinion you can add some post washers / protectors (like the ones that now come on GNR) and you will have a fine looking and beautiful playfield ready for years of action.

#11624 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

There are others with far more knowledge, but from what I gathered there are no official changes or production variations to Wonka (unlike say WOZ with different light board versions, etc.). Mine was made in Feb 2020. There are gazillions of posts regarding playfield issues and speculation on "early" runs vs "newer" runs (and JJP provided new playfields to some folks), but in my opinion you can add some post washers / protectors (like the ones that now come on GNR) and you will have a fine looking and beautiful playfield ready for years of action.

Thank you!

#11625 1 year ago

The magnets in wonka are very small compared to woz or di but still fun?

#11626 1 year ago

I get pretty good movement out of the magnets. Sometimes it is just enough to change where on the flipper the ball will contact. Sometimes it will throw it right at an outlane. Multiball is where you really see it best. When I first got the game, I didn't think they were doing much. But I believe it was because I was focusing on the rest of the stuff going on?
Anyway, I enjoy them a lot.

#11627 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

After you start the mode and it tells you to hit the spinner/jets, you just need to keep hitting the spinner and jets and eventually it’ll start a hurry up to shoot the gobstopper target. Upon hitting it, the mode ends and Charlie is completed. I find that this is one of the harder modes because of the sheer amount of times you need to hit the spinner/jets. Lubing the spinner makes it a lot easier

#11628 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Lubing the spinner makes it a lot easier

Silicon? Oil? what is the best long term lube?

Thanks

#11629 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Silicon? Oil? what is the best long term lube?
Thanks

Use super lube. Just one drop on each side. Put a cloth underneath to catch any accidentally drips.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51010-Oil/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=asc_df_B000BXOGHY/

#11630 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I've gotten the message about the secret super skill shot, but haven't figured it out yet! I was happy to have nailed the regular super skill shot 3 times in one game last night

I love how Lyman made it so that if you got the skill shot every ball in SM (not a gimme) that you got 2X your total bonus on the last ball. That could really be valuable.

Would love to see more rules that reward consistency with making a tough skill shot.

Lyman the best. RIP.

#11631 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I love how Lyman made it so that if you got the skill shot every ball in SM (not a gimme) that you got 2X your total bonus on the last ball. That could really be valuable.

Lyman wasn't with jjp. He was at Stern then.

#11632 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lyman wasn't with jjp. He was at Stern then.

I know, just mentioning my appreciation for his imaginative coding. And going the extra mile.

#11633 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I know, just mentioning my appreciation for his imaginative coding. And going the extra mile.

Understood.

Something that will be missing from pinball in the future.

#11634 1 year ago

Lately I sometimes get a random ball added during gameplay. I’m assuming there is some trough opto issue, but I can’t see any issues when I fiddle with the trough connectors in switch test mode, and there are no errors showing. Anyone have suggestions?

#11635 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anyone have suggestions?

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ?

#11636 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Lately I sometimes get a random ball added during gameplay. I’m assuming there is some trough opto issue, but I can’t see any issues when I fiddle with the trough connectors in switch test mode, and there are no errors showing. Anyone have suggestions?

Same happened to me, occasional random ball kicked out, the problem was the ball trough opto board. I was able to reflow the solder (as recommended by JJP) and have had no further issues (almost a year later, knock on wood), but you can open a ticket with JJP and they will either trade one out or sell you a new one (not too expensive if it is not under warranty), although they may or may not have it in stock. This is pretty common with this machine.

#11637 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ?

This and/or maybe dirt/debri. Maybe clean the optos with some swabs and alcohol.
Hope it's something simple.
r/
Mike

#11638 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ?

Not sure, I'll take a peek when it ejects one, but it's usually after I've been playing for a bit.

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Same happened to me, occasional random ball kicked out, the problem was the ball trough opto board. I was able to reflow the solder (as recommended by JJP) and have had no further issues (almost a year later, knock on wood), but you can open a ticket with JJP and they will either trade one out or sell you a new one (not too expensive if it is not under warranty), although they may or may not have it in stock. This is pretty common with this machine.

Thanks! Was there a particular solder joint you reflowed?

Quoted from mikepmcs:

This and/or maybe dirt/debri. Maybe clean the optos with some swabs and alcohol.
Hope it's something simple.
r/
Mike

Thanks, will try that too.

Thank you everyone!

#11639 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Not sure, I'll take a peek when it ejects one, but it's usually after I've been playing for a bit.

Thank you everyone!

thumbnail_image028 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image028 (resized).jpg
#11640 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thank you everyone!

Just as an fyi I fought this issue for over a year. Back and forth with jjp support. I reflowed solder on both boards multiple times. Jjp would not replace the boards. I bought new ones and it solved the issue.

#11641 1 year ago
Quoted from phill2cb:

FLDR is left ramp, then spinners to increase levels (think Charlie floating higher and higher) then the gobstopper target to complete.
The spinner to raise the levels is intentional.

#11642 1 year ago

Aaah yes those are the points. I was totally skeptical and my soldering skills are that of a 5 year old, but it worked like a charm right off the bat for me. I did not even have to remove the board! But if that didn't work, a new board would have been needed. Certainly would try cleaning the optos first as others suggested first

Just a little more info I found from my old JJP support ticket ...

"Go into Test, Device Test, 6 Ball Trough Test and with either the front door closed or the high power interlock switch pulled out eject the balls one at a time and catch them until all are out of the trough. Once they are all squares on the screen should be olive green. Then drop the balls back into the trough one at a time and see if the optos are registering properly. Continue until all 6 balls are back in the trough."

So in my case, at first all squares were green, but after the machine fully warmed up and I started playing, as soon as the random extra ball would eject, I would go into the test and one of the squares would start flashing to yellow. So that might helo confirm the issue. But again, the reflow can be done in about 5 minutes without even removing the board (do turn machine off obviously!). Good luck and keep us posted.

#11643 1 year ago

Is there a way of looking at the stats of your last game. Progression through each ticket etc?

#11644 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Use super lube. Just one drop on each side. Put a cloth underneath to catch any accidentally drips.
amazon.com link »

Thanks so much, and I already had some in the garage

#11645 1 year ago

Thanks for all the info! I demagnetized all the balls and it still occurred. I just now clumsily tried adding solder to the one board, and first test game showed no errors yet! Fingers crossed!

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Aaah yes those are the points. I was totally skeptical and my soldering skills are that of a 5 year old, but it worked like a charm right off the bat for me. I did not even have to remove the board! But if that didn't work, a new board would have been needed. Certainly would try cleaning the optos first as others suggested first
Just a little more info I found from my old JJP support ticket ...
"Go into Test, Device Test, 6 Ball Trough Test and with either the front door closed or the high power interlock switch pulled out eject the balls one at a time and catch them until all are out of the trough. Once they are all squares on the screen should be olive green. Then drop the balls back into the trough one at a time and see if the optos are registering properly. Continue until all 6 balls are back in the trough."
So in my case, at first all squares were green, but after the machine fully warmed up and I started playing, as soon as the random extra ball would eject, I would go into the test and one of the squares would start flashing to yellow. So that might helo confirm the issue. But again, the reflow can be done in about 5 minutes without even removing the board (do turn machine off obviously!). Good luck and keep us posted.

82093DFA-2254-41C9-9623-C403051367FD (resized).jpeg82093DFA-2254-41C9-9623-C403051367FD (resized).jpeg
#11646 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Happened to me seems to be a very common issue, just re-flow solder the backside of the trough (if I recall). For me it was the ball jam opto (I think that’s what it was called) that’s opening and causes the random add.

#11647 1 year ago

Just doing a tune up and cleaning today and had a couple of questions.Is there an agreed upon coil setting for all flippers?Also an agreed setting for sling shots and pop bumpers

#11648 1 year ago

Does anyone know if JJP will sell replacement back box keys? Or does anyone have an E22 key I can buy from them? I bought the game from someone and never realized they were missing because never had a need to get in the back box until it came time to install the topper. Thank you

#11649 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:Just doing a tune up and cleaning today and had a couple of questions.Is there an agreed upon coil setting for all flippers?Also an agreed setting for sling shots and pop bumpers

I think that there are too many variables for something like that. The adjustments are there to accommodate those variables and allow the game to play as intended.

#11650 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone know if JJP will sell replacement back box keys? Or does anyone have an E22 key

If not hanging on a hook inside the coin door next to a coin mech. Email their parts department.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/233?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.