IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 279.
#11551 1 year ago

Where in settings are magnets? Id like to change the amount of time the kid magnet holds the ball. Id like to extend in like a half second because many times the feed into it isnt perfect and it bounces around a bit.

#11552 1 year ago

Just got the Wonkavator Golden Ticket for the first time ever. So satisfying.
And I guess while the golden ticket was up on the screen I also hit the started the final mode I needed on the factory tour ticket so I went from 1 to 3 golden tickets in about 5 seconds and suddenly got Candy Stash. I was very confused

some crap quality footage of the moment

#11554 1 year ago

Anyone selling Wonka toppers?

#11555 1 year ago
Quoted from barndoor:

Anyone selling Wonka toppers?

Tilttopper.com. Just go back a few posts within the last couple of weeks and there are several topper discussions, including photos and more useful info.

#11556 1 year ago

What happens again when Wonka’s hat is flashing in front of The Most Secret Machine?

#11557 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

What happens again when Wonka’s hat is flashing in front of The Most Secret Machine?

As much work as I've put into deciphering the mysteries of Wonka, I have no idea what that hat is about at all.

#11558 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

It’s to collect scrumdiddlyumptious. Every time you hit a successive shot, (forget if it’s any shot or just ramps), you spell a part of the word (seen on the screen). Then you hit the gobstopper to collect on your combo. If a few seconds go by and you have not either hit another shot or the gobstopper the hat stops flashing.

This can be an annoying obstacle when you need a shot from the upper left flipper because if the hat is lit, the diverter on the gob ramp will not activate and ball is always returned to lower left flipper. A lot of times I cradle the ball till the dang hat shuts off so I can then go for my shot (usually when trying to get a super lock).

#11559 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It’s to collect scrumdiddlyumptious. Every time you hit a successive shot, (forget if it’s any shot or just ramps), you spell a part of the word (seen on the screen). Then you hit the gobstopper to collect on your combo. If a few seconds go by and you have not either hit another shot or the gobstopper the hat stops flashing.
This can be an annoying obstacle when you need a shot from the upper left flipper because if the hat is lit, the diverter on the gob ramp will not activate and ball is always returned to lower left flipper. A lot of times I cradle the ball till the dang hat shuts off so I can then go for my shot (usually when trying to get a super lock).

You sir are my “hero of the day”!

…for enlightening me to why the gob ramp diverter sometimes doesn’t activate. I’ve never been able to figure that out!

A multitude of thanks!

#11560 1 year ago

After completing all captive ball modes it seemed to light an empty mode in that panel. Anyone else seen this?
Shooting it didn't start any mode it just stayed that way until I hit the captive ball again.

IMG_8034 (resized).jpgIMG_8034 (resized).jpg
#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

After completing all captive ball modes it seemed to light an empty mode in that panel. Anyone else seen this?
Shooting it didn't start any mode it just stayed that way until I hit the captive ball again.
[quoted image]

I’ve seen it, too. I think it’s a bug.

#11562 1 year ago

Has anyone else had a problem with the Wonka Factory LEDs not working correctly? The K in our machine often displays the wrong color. I have submitted a ticket with JJP. Hopefully they can get it corrected for me.

#11563 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Has anyone else had a problem with the Wonka Factory LEDs not working correctly? The K in our machine often displays the wrong color. I have submitted a ticket with JJP. Hopefully they can get it corrected for me.

Pretty sure the lightboard in the tower needs replacement.

#11564 1 year ago

I'm not sure what I did but I had a moment in a game tonight where the ball went into the pops and was racking up millions by the second. Is that just a multiplier or is there a mode where that happens?

#11565 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm not sure what I did but I had a moment in a game tonight where the ball went into the pops and was racking up millions by the second. Is that just a multiplier or is there a mode where that happens?

Super Pops + a Super X I bet.

#11567 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty sure the lightboard in the tower needs replacement.

Thanks, they are sending me a new one under warranty.

#11568 1 year ago

I have 2 questions on game play.

Is their any significance in the type of candy in the candy jar?

How is the quickest way to light super lock? Missed my vator ticket and was so pissed!!!! One shot away from pure imagination!!!

#11569 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have 2 questions on game play.
Is their any significance in the type of candy in the candy jar?
How is the quickest way to light super lock? Missed my vator ticket and was so pissed!!!! One shot away from pure imagination!!!

Early in the game the easiest way to light super lock is starting factory modes. Every 4 lights a super lock. You can get three modes qualified at once and get one saucer shot to collect three at a time. Later in the game it is more difficult to qualify factory modes so I just keep collecting computer awards until it comes up as a random computer award. Keep hitting the saucer to cycle to a new computer award and while you are doing that you can also try to hit the green target to the immediate right of the camera ramp which also cycles a new computer award. It can also come up as a captive ball mystery award. You can also just start other multi balls and while all the balls are flying around you make make progress toward a super lock in all of the above ways.

#11570 1 year ago

Hi All,
I have bought a Wonka. Plays well but the speech sound I can not hear (way in the back I hear talking...). Music and sound effect are good and loud, speech is really soft....
What adjustments do I need to make to be able to hear/understand speech? Or can there be something else?

#11572 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Hi All,
I have bought a Wonka. Plays well but the speech sound I can not hear (way in the back I hear talking...). Music and sound effect are good and loud, speech is really soft....
What adjustments do I need to make to be able to hear/understand speech? Or can there be something else?

Check audio settings for volume controls. I think there may be a separate setting for voice volume.

#11573 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

What adjustments do I need to make to be able to hear/understand speech?

Go into Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. Lots of options in there.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#11574 1 year ago

I just turned up the power on my flippers for the first time and I regret not doing it before. The menu says not to change any of the settings unless there's a problem, but the flippers need a little extra juice I think.

#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. Lots of options in there.

This handwritten BOM from Toy Story 4 just leaked...

Screenshot_20220618-203430_Samsung Notes.jpgScreenshot_20220618-203430_Samsung Notes.jpg
#11576 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This handwritten BOM from Toy Story 4 just leaked...

That is good ! Thank you.
LTG : )

#11577 1 year ago

I'm about to get my Wonka, I read the rulesheet, but is there a good tutorial I should read ?

I remember playing it on location and I couldn't figure what I was supposed to shoot.

#11578 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

but is there a good tutorial I should read ?

The manual has a diagram of the game rules on page A-12, you can download it here :

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Manual%201_5%20February%202020.pdf

LTG : )

#11579 1 year ago

Yes checked that…but now all i have set to 5 and speech to 80….and yes now i hear speech correct
Strange that big of a difference needed….
Anyway, thanx!!

Quoted from LTG:

#11580 1 year ago

I’m revisiting the possibility of getting a Wonka. My main hesitation is the music. Does it get to you hearing that theme song over and over or is it ok? Can it be changed? I sold Munsters because of this…

#11581 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I’m revisiting the possibility of getting a Wonka. My main hesitation is the music. Does it get to you hearing that theme song over and over or is it ok? Can it be changed? I sold Munsters because of this…

I never tire of the music, but I also think it's truly magical so I may be an outlier. And I don't use the word "magical" very often or lightly.

Once you own a TMNT and hear that music for a few months...eventually even in your dreams...Wonka will be no problem.

"...teenage mutant ninja turtles...
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
(seemingly screaming now) HEROES IN A HALFSHELL! TUUURRRTLE POOOWERRRRR!!!!"

#11582 1 year ago

Hahaaaa love it

#11583 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Music is great, I enjoy it.

#11584 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I like the music and the integration with gameplay is top notch. The main theme does get stuck in my head sometimes. I believe there is a music volume control and you could always turn it down while leaving other sounds.

#11585 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Music is subjective but I think they did quite a good job with it. There are many songs in the game; it just starts with Golden Ticket. No different than any other pinball game I can think of...?

#11586 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I remember when I was shopping around, I watched a Wonka gameplay video on YouTube and was instantly turned off because it sounded like constant random noises and thought the music would be annoying.

Once I actually played it before buying it, it sounded a lot better in person and like others have said, it plays quite a few different songs so it’s not very repetitive. And the gameplay noises actually flow perfectly with the shots so I enjoy hearing all the sound effects and songs during a game.

#11587 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Doesn't bug me, and frankly the words Wonka would probably have never left my mouth had it not been because of this pinball (meaning I'm indifferent to the theme, music, etc). It's my favorite shooting pinball (from a shooter and collector standpoint), and I've got all the good ones. And, it caused me to go back and watch both movies, and realize the first one is not a kid's movie, very dark lol.

I could live without a lot of my collection, but not Wonka. I'd go for it.

#11588 1 year ago

I have had Wonka for a while now and love the game. How much magnet action is everyone seeing? I rarely notice it. I have started to wonder if there was something wrong with my magnets.

Is there a particular mode where it comes more into play?

#11589 1 year ago

Two points:
1) Is anyone else color blind and having a hard time identifying shots, especially during features? I'm red/green color blind, and if I'm not looking at the screens I have near zero chance of completing anything intentionally. In fact, today was the first day I got the Wonkavator Golden Ticket. And that was after 800 games!

2) (Tiny spoiler: I'm about to share how I felt about Pure Imagination and how long I played it for! But no other details) I got to Pure Imagination today for the first time and destroyed my high score. I have to say, I was a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe I couldn't pay attention to what was happening because I was so jacked up on the Wonkadrenaline but it ended waaaay too quickly. For a thirty minute game (my longest by far) it was over in maybe 60-90 seconds? Either way, now I have to go back and re-achieve it and try to pay more attention...and last longer!

#11590 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two points:
1) Is anyone else color blind and having a hard time identifying shots, especially during features? I'm red/green color blind, and if I'm not looking at the screens I have near zero chance of completing anything intentionally. In fact, today was the first day I got the Wonkavator Golden Ticket. And that was after 800 games!
2) (Tiny spoiler: I'm about to share how I felt about Pure Imagination and how long I played it for! But no other details) I got to Pure Imagination today for the first time and destroyed my high score. I have to say, I was a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe I couldn't pay attention to what was happening because I was so jacked up on the Wonkadrenaline but it ended waaaay too quickly. For a thirty minute game (my longest by far) it was over in maybe 60-90 seconds? Either way, now I have to go back and re-achieve it and try to pay more attention...and last longer!

(Spoiler warning)

I love the game but agree PI is a bit underwhelming. It’s like the most conventional style multiball in the game compared to the other MB modes. Although, now that it’s more frequent I get there, it is keeping me engaged trying to *beat* the mode, which I have not done yet. My 12 year old pinball wiz has beaten it a couple of times and he says it can give you about 30 million points, though it is pretty hard and my son says it took about 20 PIs.

#11591 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two points:

I’m colorblind and the only one I have trouble with is golden egg room between the green shots to hit vs red shots to avoid.

#11592 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two points:

I'm color blind too, I just aim for the blinking shots. Maybe I'm missing out lol.

#11593 1 year ago

Recently I’ve hit the saucer and this yellow graphic comes up over and over as it makes a slightly annoying sound. Seems it’s registered the saucer but then sometimes sits there (ball search has even started). Usually shaking the machine helps a bit. Is there an opto switch down there that may not be registering? Thought I’d ask before I go in.

2BDDD666-ABD3-4F73-96C2-D72DA0C85E4F (resized).jpeg2BDDD666-ABD3-4F73-96C2-D72DA0C85E4F (resized).jpeg
#11594 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Recently I’ve hit the saucer and this yellow graphic comes up over and over as it makes a slightly annoying sound. Seems it’s registered the saucer but then sometimes sits there (ball search has even started). Usually shaking the machine helps a bit. Is there an opto switch down there that may not be registering? Thought I’d ask before I go in.
[quoted image]

Clean the opto under the saucer. I use cotton swabs and alcohol.

#11595 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have had Wonka for a while now and love the game. How much magnet action is everyone seeing? I rarely notice it. I have started to wonder if there was something wrong with my magnets.
Is there a particular mode where it comes more into play?

Aside from the obvious kid multiball magnet that holds the ball in place, the main playfield magnets only have a minor impact on ball travel ... enough to slightly change the trajectory when the magnet is activated, but not remotely close to what you see in the JJP WOZ machine for example (when the witch "throws" the ball around). I asked the same question after a few months of ownership

#11596 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Aside from the obvious kid multiball magnet that holds the ball in place, the main playfield magnets only have a minor impact on ball travel ... enough to slightly change the trajectory when the magnet is activated, but not remotely close to what you see in the JJP WOZ machine for example (when the witch "throws" the ball around). I asked the same question after a few months of ownership

Wow that hasn't been my experience. Ours yanks the ball in crazy directions, usually to our detriment.

#11597 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow that hasn't been my experience. Ours yanks the ball in crazy directions, usually to our detriment.

Ours is the same, the code upgrade did wake them up a bit compared to when we first received our CE.

#11598 1 year ago

Hmmm... so it sounds like there are pins out there where the ball get affected a lot and some like mine and naf where it's barely noticeable.

So Zaphx and chillme, is it happening all the time or which modes is it happening in?

#11599 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Hmmm... so it sounds like there are pins out there where the ball get affected a lot and some like mine and naf where it's barely noticeable.
So Zaphx and chillme, is it happening all the time or which modes is it happening in?

Ours is similar to yours - only a slight effect on the ball compared to DI or WOZ.

#11600 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Ours is similar to yours - only a slight effect on the ball compared to DI or WOZ.

I wonder if there is a way to increase the effect on the ball. I would love to see more magnet action in the middle of the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.