IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 279.
#11501 1 year ago

I've gotten the message about the secret super skill shot, but haven't figured it out yet! I was happy to have nailed the regular super skill shot 3 times in one game last night

#11502 1 year ago

I'd love to know what the secret super skill shot is! PM me if you're willing to share.
Thanks!

#11503 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

It does not show the Secret Super Skill Shot until you ignore the second shot of the Super Skill Shot shown on the screen, and even then it doesn't tell you what to shoot. I just shot a couple videos showing the difference without giving away the second shot that opens the Secret opportunity, but not sure I can directly upload them to Pinside (photos only?) - photos included as a tease
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmnn, for some reason I feel like I remember my mini screen changing when I hold a flipper. And if not, then I have no idea how I magically know how to do the secret skill shot haha. But I know I have never seen that screen with the question marks before. Or perhaps, once you unlock a part of it, then it will show you on the screen from that point on? No idea.

Ill take a look when I have time. Its been a little while since ive played it.

Edit - Perhaps they changed how this works with updates? Ive had the game for over 2 years now.

#11504 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

It does not show the Secret Super Skill Shot until you ignore the second shot of the Super Skill Shot shown on the screen, and even then it doesn't tell you what to shoot. I just shot a couple videos showing the difference without giving away the second shot that opens the Secret opportunity, but not sure I can directly upload them to Pinside (photos only?) - photos included as a tease
I never paid much attention to the rewards for the Secret, but it looks like it's just a little more points? Probably not worth the extra hassle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Deleted my last post becuase the more I think about this, the more I am unsure.

Ok, so do tell how to do it. I dont like secrets haha.

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hmnn, for some reason I feel like I remember my mini screen changing when I hold a flipper. And if not, then I have no idea how I magically know how to do the secret skill shot haha. But I know I have never seen that screen with the question marks before. Or perhaps, once you unlock a part of it, then it will show you on the screen from that point on? No idea.
Ill take a look when I have time. Its been a little while since ive played it.
Edit - Perhaps they changed how this works with updates? Ive had the game for over 2 years now.

For anyone who wants to explore and find the shots themselves, skip this post

With the current code, when you first hold the left flipper before plunging, it changes the screen from regular Skill Shot to Super Skill Shot. Then, you short plunge to hit the Camera ramp, hit the Factory ramp second instead of the Computer shot marked for Super (at this point, the screen changes to the ??????), then hit the Gobstopper ramp, and finally end in the Computer to collect the reward. It's a lot more work for an extra 50k points compared with the Super Skill Shot.

I do wonder if there are other variations on the Secret Super Skill Shot - I haven't explored too much other than finding this one.

#11506 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

Very interesting and thanks!. Gonna give it a try. Curious if there is an animation on screen when it finishes?

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from waveform:

With the current code, when you first hold the left flipper before plunging, it changes the screen from regular Skill Shot to Super Skill Shot. Then, you short plunge to hit the Camera ramp, hit the Factory ramp second instead of the Computer shot marked for Super (at this point, the screen changes to the ??????), then hit the Gobstopper ramp, and finally end in the Computer to collect the reward. It's a lot more work for an extra 50k points compared with the Super Skill Shot.
I do wonder if there are other variations on the Secret Super Skill Shot - I haven't explored too much other than finding this one.

I read about the super secret skill shot a few weeks ago and happened to get it on my first try surprisingly. I’ve hit it about 4 or 5 times since then.

#11508 1 year ago

I know it’s not as high as some of you superstars but this is more than double my previous high score.

121C809B-78A5-44B5-AC69-BF805AC6CD1E (resized).jpeg121C809B-78A5-44B5-AC69-BF805AC6CD1E (resized).jpeg
#11509 1 year ago

FYI for those who have ordered and are awaiting the Tilt Topper Wonka topper to ship, I got a shipping notification today so orders are moving out the door.

#11510 1 year ago

So the last hundred games or so I'm finding that the ball rarely locks after going into the left Wonkavision loop to start the Oompa Loompa feature. It locks fine for the Wonkavator. I ran the gate test and watched the gate over and over, everything looks tight and it seems to be opening and closing fully. Any suggestions?

ps - I love the fact that "Oompa" and "Loompa" aren't trying to autocorrect as I type them, haha.

#11511 1 year ago

Thank you Tilt Topper for a beautiful topper

IMG_3512 (resized).jpegIMG_3512 (resized).jpeg
#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

FYI for those who have ordered and are awaiting the Tilt Topper Wonka topper to ship, I got a shipping notification today so orders are moving out the door.

Hmm. I ordered like two weeks ago after the guy told me I could expect it in a couple weeks. Hope mine goes out soon.

#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Hmm. I ordered like two weeks ago after the guy told me I could expect it in a couple weeks. Hope mine goes out soon.

In total mine took about 3.5 months from placing the order to receipt of the topper. But the delay was due to parts they had backordered for a while, so hopefully they can keep up their production and get them out the door.

I installed mine today, and WOW it is a nice looking topper. The pictures don't do it justice. It has a nice dimensional look, and the changing colors perfectly complement the Wonka machine. For those of us who have to "suffer" with ONLY having a standard edition, this topper really adds to the appeal of the machine. I am sharing some pictures that show it before installation and how it is "layered" to give the dimensional effect. It seems very well built, the plug has a splitter so you don't need to buy anything extra if you are already utilizing the existing power source (I have the backglass extra lighting mod running on mine), and so it is just a quick plug and play. The power plug wire routes through the hole in the top of the backbox; just pop out the black insert that is roughly an inch in diameter and feed the cable through. It attaches with a velcro system via the "feet" on the bottom, but it has a nice wide base and once attached feels very solid ... no worries about it coming loose during normal play at home. The long wait was very well worth it for me!

IMG_7871 (resized).JPGIMG_7871 (resized).JPGIMG_7872 (resized).JPGIMG_7872 (resized).JPGIMG_7873 (resized).JPGIMG_7873 (resized).JPGIMG_7874 2 (resized).JPGIMG_7874 2 (resized).JPG
#11514 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out why the Gobstopper shooter rod doesn't work well when installed? I installed mine and sometimes I have problems getting the shooter rod to actually shoot the ball into play. My family and many guests have brought it to my attention as well. Is it that the rod is too short?, or the spring too short? or is it something else?

#11515 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

or is it something else?

Not hitting the center of the ball ?

LTG : )

#11516 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out why the Gobstopper shooter rod doesn't work well when installed? I installed mine and sometimes I have problems getting the shooter rod to actually shoot the ball into play. My family and many guests have brought it to my attention as well. Is it that the rod is too short?, or the spring too short? or is it something else?

Mine works great. I would check the alignment.

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Mine works great. I would check the alignment.

Same, mine works great. Although I have found it is a little tougher for me to get the skill shot versus the feel of the original knob style that comes on the SE.

#11518 1 year ago

Like others, first thought is generally alignment. Second thought is to also double check it isn't interfering with the autolaunch - have seen this happen on two out of three Wonka machines I've spent much time with (both with original shooter rod). Mine has a gobstopper shooter rod and works great.

#11519 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

In total mine took about 3.5 months from placing the order to receipt of the topper. But the delay was due to parts they had backordered for a while, so hopefully they can keep up their production and get them out the door.
I installed mine today, and WOW it is a nice looking topper. The pictures don't do it justice. It has a nice dimensional look, and the changing colors perfectly complement the Wonka machine. For those of us who have to "suffer" with ONLY having a standard edition, this topper really adds to the appeal of the machine. I am sharing some pictures that show it before installation and how it is "layered" to give the dimensional effect. It seems very well built, the plug has a splitter so you don't need to buy anything extra if you are already utilizing the existing power source (I have the backglass extra lighting mod running on mine), and so it is just a quick plug and play. The power plug wire routes through the hole in the top of the backbox; just pop out the black insert that is roughly an inch in diameter and feed the cable through. It attaches with a velcro system via the "feet" on the bottom, but it has a nice wide base and once attached feels very solid ... no worries about it coming loose during normal play at home. The long wait was very well worth it for me![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! Where do you order this topper?

#11520 1 year ago

I thought I remember there being an issue with the barrel spring. If you look at the shooter rod, there might be a section for the barrel spring to go into on the original factory shooter rod handle and I think with the gobstopper one it doesn't have that, so there's less travel for the shooter rod to move. I believe I ended up getting a different barrel spring, or maybe cutting mine down, I think there are different sizes that you can try. I don't have the machine in front of me and it's been a while since I had this issue so I may be even thinking of the wrong machine but you can at least look at the handle to see if what I'm talking about makes sense.

#11521 1 year ago

After struggling a while with scoring between 5 and 8 million with a high game of 10.5M, I finally broke through. Scored 19.8M. Sorry for the brag, but I needed to share. I was pretty happy with it except for having extra ball lit on the last ball and draining before I could hit it! DOH!!

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:Has anyone figured out why the Gobstopper shooter rod doesn't work well when installed? I installed mine and sometimes I have problems getting the shooter rod to actually shoot the ball into play. My family and many guests have brought it to my attention as well. Is it that the rod is too short?, or the spring too short? or is it something else?

I had to buy a new spring for mine.. But my alignment of my wonka shooter lane is never able to line up. Holes for the rod werent put in properly. Not an issue at this point with a bunch of tweaking but is annoying.

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had to buy a new spring for mine.. But my alignment of my wonka shooter lane is never able to line up. Holes for the rod werent put in properly. Not an issue at this point with a bunch of tweaking but is annoying.

I had an alignment issue with stock shooter rod as well. The rod was hitting the auto-launch mechanism during every manual plunge. I had to angle the rod downward to correct, but it took several attempts before getting to that solution.

#11524 1 year ago

Just joined the club 2wks ago this game is super fun and gorgeous! Spent the first wk havin fun modding and then finally read tilt forums rules & watched zaphX greatly explain things and the gameplay totally opened up to me-I added the ‘cheat post’ at the same time & my 2nd game I got 4tix and 19.5 mil where prior I had only gotten 2tix twice and 13mil!
So my question is whether the ‘cheat post’ is really cheating or did I just have an epic game?!(; It felt like stock was a super drain out the left and I wanted to be able to nudge the outlane - but just wondering if people switched back to stock after trying it out?
A few custom things I did that turned out nice for me was adding an ice blue led on the back of the Wonkavision pointed down & lit up the two tv lanes, & put a purple led strip pointed down on the ramp plastic in the back left that added accent to that dark area. I also felt the right ramp sign blocked too much view of the spinner and ball path to the upper right flipper, so swapping out the lower profile Mezel ramp sign opened up that view it just created a lot of light pollution using their led strip - but changed that led to a purple strip with a dimmer from Comet and dialed the dim to the lowest setting and it turned out great.

0300693B-1ACC-4660-B69F-4853D89F440A (resized).jpeg0300693B-1ACC-4660-B69F-4853D89F440A (resized).jpeg
#11525 1 year ago

Adjusting posts however you want them is all good. Make it play how you like! I don't think anyone considers it cheating. I also added the left outlane post in the same position you did because the left lane was a drain monster and was no fun for me and also my family (wife and 12 y.o.), so the game is more fun for everyone now. Even with the post, the left drain is still pretty hungry. Enjoy your game.

#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I installed mine today, and WOW it is a nice looking topper. The pictures don't do it justice. It has a nice dimensional look, and the changing colors perfectly complement the Wonka machine. For those of us who have to "suffer" with ONLY having a standard edition, this topper really adds to the appeal of the machine. I am sharing some pictures that show it before installation and how it is "layered" to give the dimensional effect. It seems very well built, the plug has a splitter so you don't need to buy anything extra if you are already utilizing the existing power source (I have the backglass extra lighting mod running on mine), and so it is just a quick plug and play. The power plug wire routes through the hole in the top of the backbox; just pop out the black insert that is roughly an inch in diameter and feed the cable through. It attaches with a velcro system via the "feet" on the bottom, but it has a nice wide base and once attached feels very solid ... no worries about it coming loose during normal play at home. The long wait was very well worth it for me![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome...I'm still waiting on mine as well. Looks well worth the wait though!

#11527 1 year ago

Thanks, I tried doing the two smaller post caps with the tops barely cut off but the ball still got stuck in the left in lane, so I had to go with one regular post rubber on the left and no rubber on the inbetween post. I don’t like the idea of no rubber there but I figure bashing the captive ball is more abuse than this post would take.

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I don’t like the idea of no rubber there but I figure bashing the captive ball is more abuse than this post would take.

A lot of games have posts with no rubber on them. No biggie.

#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks really nice! Where do you order this topper?

I ordered mine directly at tilttopper.com:

https://tilttopper.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-pinball-topper

After I ordered it and paid for shipping I noticed you can get FREE shipping with your first order if you subscribe to their newsletter. Just scroll down on the main page. But regardless even with shipping it was well worth it for me

#11530 1 year ago

Inside of the slot machine topper I purchased. This could be difficult to get working!

C968695D-A2C4-4227-AD0E-80419CEE6C3A (resized).jpegC968695D-A2C4-4227-AD0E-80419CEE6C3A (resized).jpeg
019516E5-0A9B-4E98-8B57-6CF5B2320D0A (resized).jpeg019516E5-0A9B-4E98-8B57-6CF5B2320D0A (resized).jpeg6DF533AD-713A-4D2C-B40F-AFDB7BEA7DF2 (resized).jpeg6DF533AD-713A-4D2C-B40F-AFDB7BEA7DF2 (resized).jpegF3648C6C-2714-4EA6-A777-871D749BF728 (resized).jpegF3648C6C-2714-4EA6-A777-871D749BF728 (resized).jpeg

#11531 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Inside of the slot machine topper I purchased. This could be difficult to get working!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The amount of LEDs on that thing is ridiculously awesome! Please post pictures when you get it working!

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

Looks like a fun project, bet it has one hell of a light show, keep us posted!

#11533 1 year ago

Is there any way to turn off Oompa Loompa Odyssey? I checked the settings and couldn't find anything. Whenever I get this mode I fall asleep for a few mins because it has a super long ball save and gives no points, and you can't complete anything else during it. I hope one day they updated it to allow scoring of other elements in it.

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there any way to turn off Oompa Loompa Odyssey? I checked the settings and couldn't find anything. Whenever I get this mode I fall asleep for a few mins because it has a super long ball save and gives no points, and you can't complete anything else during it. I hope one day they updated it to allow scoring of other elements in it.

"I hate playing this pinball game and want to play less!"

#11535 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

If you actually hit the shots, there are points to be had!

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

You're overthinking this. Slot machines have quarter slots. Pinball machines have quarter slots. Just plug the wiring harness into the quarter slot wiring harness. Seems easy to me.

Kidding aside, that's going to be a BRIGHT topper. Think of how bright the lights are in a casino. I'd be interested in seeing seeing it set up for the first time!

#11536 1 year ago

What’s the best way to remove these posts? Trying to understand the trick to not damage things while removing them. I need to add some washers to stop the wear that you can see around them

1E7B90A0-D3D3-4A86-A890-B09C1D74A695 (resized).jpeg1E7B90A0-D3D3-4A86-A890-B09C1D74A695 (resized).jpeg96774180-C9CC-4DC0-91D7-F102FCCEB662 (resized).jpeg96774180-C9CC-4DC0-91D7-F102FCCEB662 (resized).jpeg
#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

What’s the best way to remove these posts?

Remove nut and washer below. If they don't push up from below. I'd put a vice grip around them where the rubber ring goes and try to unscrew them. Or gently tap up from below using a punch and rubber mallet. Just a little until you can get it out without hurting things. The rubber mallet will reduce the shock to the wood playfield a hammer would make.

Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I'm a below average player and just racked up 900K points during Oompa Loompa Odyssey (I paid attention because of this thread). With the change in music, the light show, and for me a bit of a fun breather where I can still rack up points is not something I would imagine has a high demand from users to disable. But I'm sure some advanced players could be annoyed at not being able to complete other objectives during the mode ... I'm just happy to get to that mode myself May everyone have a pin-filled weekend!

#11540 1 year ago

For anyone who read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and are interested in reading the sequel Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, I just finished it and will save you some time: Don't. Or, at least don't eagerly await the followup pin!

Was anyone else as disappointed with it as I was?

#11541 1 year ago

Is there an easier way to tell which kid jackpots you got/missed than checking the status menus after the chaos has ended?

#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Is there an easier way to tell which kid jackpots you got/missed than checking the status menus after the chaos has ended?

During the Kid MB there are green dots on the ones you collect, but afterward the only way is instant info.

#11543 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

During the Kid MB there are green dots on the ones you collect, but afterward the only way is instant info.

Ah, thanks. I've never noticed that. Usually panicking about missing a Charlie or Veruca jackpot to the point where I'm not looking at the screen.
I think it was your video on YT that taught me that mode so many thanks for that!

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

I think it was your video on YT that taught me that mode so many thanks for that!

Without hyperbole, we played the game for well over a year before I figured out Kid MB.

#11545 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Ah, thanks. I've never noticed that. Usually panicking about missing a Charlie or Veruca jackpot to the point where I'm not looking at the screen.

To be clear I'm talking about the small Wonkavision screen, not the big screen.
Each kid gets a green dot and there are indicators in the corner for the super and double which you also need for the ticket.

#11546 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To be clear I'm talking about the small Wonkavision screen, not the big screen.
Each kid gets a green dot and there are indicators in the corner for the super and double which you also need for the ticket.

Got it.

#11547 1 year ago

spinner issue. My spinner feel off. is the spinner piece hollow on one end ?

849F3949-7072-4810-BC8B-91BC45DF7C00 (resized).jpeg849F3949-7072-4810-BC8B-91BC45DF7C00 (resized).jpegBFDD2E01-4BDF-4FB6-96A5-3182FB8AA43B (resized).jpegBFDD2E01-4BDF-4FB6-96A5-3182FB8AA43B (resized).jpeg
#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

When they said "rip the spinner"... "off" is not what they meant

#11549 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Open a ticket with JJP - we will send you a replacement

#11550 1 year ago

My new best game. I really tried to stack the multiballs, and took note of the completed kids on the Wonkavision screen during their multiball.

Hoping TS gameplay is on par.

20220609_000917 (resized).jpg20220609_000917 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/231?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.