IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 278.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have ideas for a topper on the LE? Putting my LE in a room full of games with toppers and I'm a sucker for consistency.

I plan on getting one from one of the Topper mod people when they come out, but ... I got 2 of these toppers from slot machines in Vegas. One stays this same color, and another one being shipped to me now will do automated color sweeps. They both have LED's that light them up. I might put one of these above whatever topper I eventually get (If that topper doesn't already have "Wonka" on it). Or do something else with one of them and maybe eventually sell the other. I'm trying to come up some ideas myself.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You didn't consider the possibility of $500 in taxes? Most parts of the country the taxes on a $7500 purchase would be at least that.
Plus the listing price says $7500 but the description says 8000. Probably an error or just giving people a realistic estimate of what it would be with taxes. Hardly a "gouge".

Hardly what i said either b/c I agree with you - the Wonka price is not a gouge. The other used games he sells are priced really high I have no idea who buys those besides people unfamiliar with the industry.

#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You know I’ve owned it. I can have my opinion. We all do. Some love it, some don’t. It’s a good game. But it isn’t a 10. For instance I know you loved playing Alien at my house over Potc, don’t even lie. Lol

I agree - pirates is really really good. It's not a 10 though. Modes that are all the same, lack of assets and the fact it's pirates brings it down for me.

#1104 4 years ago

Please don't rain..... please don't rain..... please don't rain.....

in-the-truck (resized).jpgin-the-truck (resized).jpg

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

[quoted image]

Drive like the wind!

When mine arrived it was cloudy and thundering. Wonka had to make it up more than a few steps up to the deck and to safety and I was worried about getting it upstairs in time. After calling a neighbor for help, we managed to get it safely inside the house. I joked later that if it had started to rain, I would have become like one of those mothers who lifts a car off of their child and pulled the machine up the steps by myself.

#1106 4 years ago

Has anyone shown WONKA art blades yet?

#1107 4 years ago

[quoted image]

the next JJP theme : Chocolate's Jakuzzi

#1108 4 years ago

I have to admit: I want the CE sight-unseen and without having even played a SE. Price is nutty, but it is likely a collectors item for decades to come.

#1109 4 years ago

Serial number info, for those of you who care:

First 3 digits: 087 - these are the same on all JJP machines, and don't mean anything (it's the first 3 digits of their zip code LOL)
Next digit: Indicates the game. Not 100% sure, but I believe it's 0=WOZ, 1=TH, 2=DI, 3=POTC, and 4=WONKA
Next digit: Indicates the version 1=LE, 2=SE, 3=CE
Next 3 digits: random numbers.

Apparently the Playfield number is where the manufacturing info (date, position, # off the line, etc) is stored.

Just thought you guys would like to know.

#1110 4 years ago

First 3 digits: 087 - these are the same on all JJP machines, and don't mean anything (it's the first 3 digits of their zip code LOL)
Next digit: Indicates the game. Not 100% sure, but I believe it's 0=WOZ, 1=TH, 2=DI, 3=POTC, and 4=WONKA
Next digit: Indicates the version 1=LE, 2=SE, 3=CE
Next 3 digits: random numbers.
Apparently the Playfield number is where the manufacturing info (date, position, # off the line, etc) is stored.
Just thought you guys would like to know.

Is there a blue stamp under the playfield? That should give you info as to number in the line produced.

#1111 4 years ago

Thanks for this!

This should get a permanent reference or its own topic so it will be easy to find in the future.

#1112 4 years ago

Installed mirror blades tonight...look great.

MVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200126 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200143 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200143 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200148 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190718_200148 (resized).jpg
#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's the first time a picture of mirror blades wowed me. I might have to buy a set.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mind if I ask where you purchased and how much? Those look sensational!

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed mirror blades tonight...look great.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fit right in to you W section of pinballs!

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Mind if I ask where you purchased and how much? Those look sensational!

So, I got them from cointaker. They weren’t a perfect fit. I had to Dremel out just a 1/4” off the top back portion where it hits the glass channel. No big deal, but thought I’d let others know. Not sure if it’s the set I received or if jjp changed something on their cabinet, but they do fit fine with the adjustment and look great. Took me 30 seconds to make the cut. They fit around the hinge bolts so you don’t need to remove them.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So, I got them from cointaker. They weren’t a perfect fit. I had to Dremel out just a 1/4” off the top back portion where it hits the glass channel. No big deal, but thought I’d let others know. Not sure if it’s the set I received or if jjp changed something on their cabinet, but they do fit fine with the adjustment and look great. Took me 30 seconds to make the cut. They fit around the hinge bolts so you don’t need to remove them.

I’m little confused which coin taker version of mirror blades you purchase? They have stern mirror, old bally mirror, and remake Bally mirror

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I’m little confused which coin taker version of mirror blades you purchase? They have stern mirror, old bally mirror, and remake Bally mirror

Remake. The old Bally blades require you to remove the hinge bolt. Remakes have holes cut larger so they fit around the bolt.

#1119 4 years ago

I have been trying to update my code, and having issues with it. The hard part is i dont have a computer, so i download it to my phone and transfer to the flash drive. After the file is unzipped, there are several files and folders. What needs to be on the flash drive for a successful update?

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What needs to be on the flash drive for a successful update?

you need to extract the files from the zip file into the root directory (IE not in a folder). Once you have that, stick it in the usb cable inside the coin door, go into the menu and you'll find an update menu. When I updated from 1.04 to 1.07 it literally took seconds. If you're doing a full install it'll take longer.

#1121 4 years ago

Ok. So unzip file, move all files out of folders to the root directory. When i attempted it before, it went through the update, but just went back to 1.07 on restart so it doesnt look like it was reading it

#1122 4 years ago

Wife let me put it in the living room for a few weeks

20190719_073456 (resized).jpg20190719_073456 (resized).jpg

"Mom, I woke up just so I could play pinball."

wonka2 (resized).jpgwonka2 (resized).jpg

#1123 4 years ago

Any LE’s in homes yet?

#1124 4 years ago

Wife let me put it in the living room for a few weeks
[quoted image]

Great Wife!!

#1125 4 years ago

Hi All,

Super excited to go play Willy Wonka tonight at the PinBall Lounge along with enjoying a beer or three! I'm honestly really hoping that it will still be at the top of our wishlist after playing it tonight. They have a lot of good pins so the competition will be fierce. But as a TZ owner, a new PL with 4 flippers is going to be pretty tough to beat in my book.

https://www.facebook.com/thepinballlounge/

Cheers!
Mike

#1126 4 years ago

Or just leave it there! Pinball table>couch/automon/dinner table any day of the week!

#1127 4 years ago
A5700D2D-7597-4101-AF95-C6114C62C065 (resized).pngA5700D2D-7597-4101-AF95-C6114C62C065 (resized).png
#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

Looks like a bug fix/update to support LE/CE features release.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.09 July 19, 2019 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08.

=== Game Code

* Adjusted Gobstopper lockup release coil pulse to try and make it more
forgiving of differences in line voltage.
+ Added a Wonkavator test.
* Fixed a bug in the computer award ticket display logic that could cause
the game to crash.

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

Oh goody,what’s in the new code?

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

what’s in the new code?

You can always see the change log at jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.

LTG : )

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#1131 4 years ago

Back up before the upgrade!

I was cavalier about this - the last update was fine after all - and got myself into a boot loop.

Now I’m having to reinstall 1.06 then the patch.

I’m certain my scores and plays will be lost (around 1200).

E26A4378-A5FD-4E83-A51A-01313A3E6F5E (resized).jpegE26A4378-A5FD-4E83-A51A-01313A3E6F5E (resized).jpeg
#1132 4 years ago

Watching this movie with my kids right now. What a classic.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was cavalier about this - the last update was fine after all - and got myself into a boot loop.
I’m certain my scores and plays will be lost (around 1200).[quoted image]

Yeah I learned that the hard way as well during one of my WOZ updates... Now I backup before every update, including delta's. Nothing sucks more than having all your scoring data wiped out...

Jeff

#1134 4 years ago

Good news! Putting on 1.06 ISO did not nuke settings. I was able to apply 1.09 after that and everything is safe. Whew.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good news! Putting on 1.06 ISO did not nuke settings. I was able to apply 1.09 after that and everything is safe. Whew.

You getting in a little Wonka stream this evening? My favorite to watch.

#1136 4 years ago

Love all the pics the games look amazing in everyones home!

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I could do that! I had a guest last night who didn’t want to be on stream so I moved the stuff out of the way, but why not.

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I second that!

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I second that!

I third that.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can always see the change log at jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.
LTG : )
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

Just goofing,Lloyd

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any LE’s in homes yet?

Not in home yet, but I was contacted yesterday for shipping details on my LE. I placed the order direct the Monday after announcement.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Good news! Putting on 1.06 ISO did not nuke settings

Yes this is a new feature in isos going forward. There are screen prompts if you want to reset them, but it doesn't happen by default anymore. The current potc ISO supports this as well (for future ISO installs, it doesn't magically work on current setups).

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yes this is a new feature in isos going forward. There are screen prompts if you want to reset them, but it doesn't happen by default anymore. The current potc ISO sports this as well (for future ISO installs)

Man that is outstanding! Thank you so much for that.

#1144 4 years ago

I got an email that my LE shipped today (Friday) or will on Monday. At least I hope that it meant that. If not, then next week. So, yes ... the LEs are shipping out to home owners.

#1145 4 years ago

Finally, two Golden Tickets. Progress!

IMG_0285 (resized).jpgIMG_0285 (resized).jpg
#1146 4 years ago

And the ability to add a custom pic to attract mode is pretty cool : )

67454341_2681283101902157_4099859391442845696_n (resized).jpg67454341_2681283101902157_4099859391442845696_n (resized).jpg
#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m certain my scores and plays will be lost (around 1200).[quoted image]

I make sure to do an entire erase and reformat on my thumb drive before I add the upgrade, just to be safe

#1148 4 years ago

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I got an email that my LE shipped today (Friday) or will on Monday. At least I hope that it meant that. If not, then next week. So, yes ... the LEs are shipping out to home owners.

Be sure to post some pics. You're going to love this machine!

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

My other pin is a Twilight Zone (man, I need to make that into a bumper sticker!). I would have called it Lawlor's best. Wonka is an excellent companion to it. Even though the designer is the same, the games play completely different. I didn't realize how much I missed pinball mainstays like captive balls and spinners because all of the marquee toys on TZ were the focal points.

As for getting it when you already own DI, I guess it comes down to theme. Wonka was a dream theme for me, and I felt like they really delivered.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.